Topic Stats

• 3,743 posts
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 460 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00084 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181122_231743 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181114_201125 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181114_201115 (resized).jpg
IMG_7566 (resized).JPG
95A23BB8-EDAD-4FEE-A79F-7E1273E1DA02 (resized).png
VideoCapture_20180917-065919 (1) (resized).jpg
VideoCapture_20180917-070102 (1) (resized).jpg
20180915_063416 (resized).jpg
3hzpPEsBwCa (resized).png
Post (resized).jpg
FL-11629-flipper-coil-blue (resized).jpg
MMr_after (resized).jpg
IMG_20180725_213453 (resized).jpg
MM-Stuck (resized).jpg
IMG_20180311_182334 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3743 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.
#3701 25 days ago

Wife and I picked up MMR at the Grand Ole Gameroom in Nashville last weekend. It has been on our wishlist for 3 years now.

Previous owner has already added the shaker motor. I purchased some Super Bands from the Marco's booth and put them in at the show. Cleaned up on the playfield, mainly some minor ball track from normal use. Once my bank account recovers, I'll upgrade the display.

About 645 plays on it when we got it home. I think the previous owner said it had about 250 to 300 plays prior to the start of the show.

#3702 25 days ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Wife and I picked up MMR at the Grand Ole Gameroom in Nashville last weekend. It has been on our wishlist for 3 years now.

Enjoy your game. Definitely upgrade to color! Well worth the $400!

#3703 25 days ago

Does anyone else get rejections from the damsel ramp (yes, I'm setting myself up here)? I want to do a high speed video or something to figure out what it is. My guess is it's banking off the right side of the ramp, hitting the plastic guide, and bouncing up and hitting the dragon mount.

I have removed this ramp to add plastic protectors. Can someone confirm it looks assembled right?

Thanks!

IMG_20181114_201115 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_201125 (resized).jpg
#3704 25 days ago

Not the answer that you are looking for, but I have a comment. I was able to install all of the Pinbits plastic protectors even the one behind the damsel ramp without removing ramps.

1 week later
#3705 17 days ago

Time to see which one is better!

IMG_20181122_231743 (resized).jpg
#3706 13 days ago

Got an error stating "drawbridge sw up" broken.

Game starts with drawbridge down.

Any suggestions?

#3707 13 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

Got an error stating "drawbridge sw up" broken.

Two switches on the draw bridge under the playfield. Easy to check both in Tests - Switch Edge, or Tests - Draw bridge - run it up and down and see if switch works. If not check for broken wires or if it needs adjusting.

LTG : )

#3708 11 days ago

Hey guys im having a problem with the pop bumper closest to the princess castle. Whenever it seems there is a strong vibration there is a chance the bumper will randomly fire. I currently have the shaker set to strong but im going to try setting it to lower and also try without it on. If not the shaker what do you think the issue might be?

#3709 11 days ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys im having a problem with the pop bumper closest to the princess castle. Whenever it seems there is a strong vibration there is a chance the bumper will randomly fire. I currently have the shaker set to strong but im going to try setting it to lower and also try without it on. If not the shaker what do you think the issue might be?

Check the gap on your spoon switch. Likely needs to be opened slightly.

#3710 11 days ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If not the shaker what do you think the issue might be?

The leaf blade switch below the pop bumper wants a little attention.

A plastic rod from the pop bumper skirt comes down thru a hole in the playfield and hits a leaf blade switch. The top blade has a plastic spoon. The rod should be centered in it, and the spoon just touching - not pushing - the rod. You can loosen the two screws holding the leaf blade switch if you need to aim it a little to center the rod in the spoon. The lower leaf blade should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. Yours is too close/sensitive.

A little tweaking and you'll be good to go.

#3711 8 days ago

LTG posted this link to a plastic shim in the trough to keep magnetized balls away from the metal trough that were sticking:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

Anybody know why you'd do this for MM/MMR? It's on the parts use list but MM/MMR has no magnets.

#3712 8 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody know why you'd do this for MM/MMR? It's on the parts use list but MM/MMR has no magnets.

I know. I know.

Think back. Way back. Before we had electricity. How did we make magnets then ? We took two pieces of steel and banged them together, repeatedly. This lines up their electrons and makes the steel have magnetic properties.

In a pinball machine like MM or MMR with no magnets. You still have steel balls hitting steel balls and hitting ball trough.

#3713 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I know. I know.
Think back. Way back. Before we had electricity. How did we make magnets then ? We took two pieces of steel and banged them together, repeatedly. This lines up their electrons and makes the steel have magnetic properties.
In a pinball machine like MM or MMR with no magnets. You still have steel balls hitting steel balls and hitting ball trough.

Interesting, thanks. Why are troughs made of steel then?

#3714 8 days ago

Why are troughs made of steel then?

Cheap to make and last a long time.

#3715 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cheap to make and last a long time.

Then why are troughs not shipped with a plastic shim? (This could go on all day/night ) Thanks for all the insight!

#3716 8 days ago

Anybody put mylar in their MMR shooter lane? Just wondering if I should do this, I have some mylar hanging around...

#3717 8 days ago

I have some mylar hanging around...

Why do you have mylar, hanging around ?

#3718 7 days ago

Anybody put mylar in their MMR shooter lane? Just wondering if I should do this, I have some mylar hanging around...

I put mylar in all my shooter lanes but then again I'm pretty anal.... for the 10-30 plays a year they get, I'm sure they would have been fine with only the Cliffy's I have installed.

#3719 7 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I put mylar in all my shooter lanes but then again I'm pretty anal.... for the 10-30 plays a year they get, I'm sure they would have been fine with only the Cliffy's I have installed.

Stupid question: where do you put the Mylar? Also, what length?

#3720 6 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stupid question: where do you put the Mylar? Also, what length?

Um, in the shooter lane? I'm not quite sure how to answer that lol. I remove the side rail and the strip goes from trough exit to under the rail and it's usually about 8-12 inches long down the lane depending on the game. Once I place it on, I take a razor blade and cut out for the switch. You have to be a little careful when applying since you are putting a straight piece on in a valley but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad.

#3721 6 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Um, in the shooter lane? I'm not quite sure how to answer that lol. I remove the side rail and the strip goes from trough exit to under the rail and it's usually about 8-12 inches long down the lane depending on the game. Once I place it on, I take a razor blade and cut out for the switch. You have to be a little careful when applying since you are putting a straight piece on in a valley but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad.

LOL. I know it sounded stupid as soon as I sent it. I have never added Mylar to any of my games. Is it easy to remove? I mean, it won't take clear coat with it?

#3722 6 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

LOL. I know it sounded stupid as soon as I sent it. I have never added Mylar to any of my games. Is it easy to remove? I mean, it won't take clear coat with it?

No, not that I've ever removed my shooter lane mylar but I have removed plenty of PF mylar during restorations. You just use the upsidedown compressed air can technique.

#3723 5 days ago

So I've had an original restored MM at my place first r the last couple of weeks, and I've had the chance to play it side by side with my MMR.

I know the topic has been discussed many times, but not sure if people had the opportunity to play them in tandem.

Some previous owners of originals have said the remake plays identical, but that is going on their recollection of a game, which might be a little different from playing them both in the same room.

I personally think there is a difference. Not that it's a better or worse sort of variance, but to me at least, noticeable.

I feel like the flippers have a different feel. Like the difference between a Stern and a B/W. I feel like the ball rolls unlike each other as well, as if the wood or the clear coat are significantly different.

I'm not experienced or technical enough to dive deep into what makes these games unique, but as a player, I can say that they don't feel quite the same.

Both great games though

#3724 5 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I've had an original restored MM at my place first r the last couple of weeks, and I've had the chance to play it side by side with my MMR.
I know the topic has been discussed many times, but not sure if people had the opportunity to play them in tandem.
Some previous owners of originals have said the remake plays identical, but that is going on their recollection of a game, which might be a little different from playing them both in the same room.
I personally think there is a difference. Not that it's a better or worse sort of variance, but to me at least, noticeable.
I feel like the flippers have a different feel. Like the difference between a Stern and a B/W. I feel like the ball rolls unlike each other as well, as if the wood or the clear coat are significantly different.
I'm not experienced or technical enough to dive deep into what makes these games unique, but as a player, I can say that they don't feel quite the same.
Both great games though

MM and MMR in the same collection? You must really like that game.

#3725 5 days ago

MM and MMR in the same collection?

I have both in my location. My original one has what I would call a great personality that my players have always loved. When I had the playfield touched up over a decade ago, I used a different MM in better shape in it's place and the money in it dropped. Innocently one of my players told me that mine played so much better. That MM is here to stay.

My MMR does great too. Players like it.

#3726 5 days ago

Whenever I go to a show, I always play other versions of games that I own. Guess what....they ALL play differently. Every game will, remake or not.

#3727 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Whenever I go to a show, I always play other versions of games that I own. Guess what....they ALL play differently. Every game will, remake or not.

I totally agree. I had two LOTRs at my place for a couple months, and the differences we're noticeable.

With MM to MMR, I find it to be slightly more noticeable than what you generally finding comparing the same games.

Also I find the audio to be different. You really hear the effect of the drawbridge lowering on the original. On the remake I have had both stock speakers and upgraded speakers and they sound different.

#3728 5 days ago

MM and MMR in the same collection? You must really like that game.

I only have it temporarily. But I was happy to be able to play both of them together and experience that. Both amazing games.

#3729 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Guess what....they ALL play differently. Every game will, remake or not.

I concur, I currently have 2 NGGs side by side and they both have their own personalities.

#3730 5 days ago

It really drives home the notion that these are hand-built games and they achieve their own feel and personality due to the subtle differences.

#3731 4 days ago

My drawbridge gear stripped out two teeth causing the drawbridge not to work correctly. Marco sells just the gear or the gear mounted to a shaft. Does anyone have experience with this? Does the gear just slide off the shaft and a new one slide on? The gear is 3.00 vs 20.00 for the whole assembly.

#3732 4 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Does the gear just slide off the shaft and a new one slide on?

Looks like it from the picture. Can't be that difficult, as the gear is plastic and the shaft is metal. But I've never done it myself.

Robert

#3733 4 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Looks like it from the picture. Can't be that difficult, as the gear is plastic and the shaft is metal. But I've never done it myself.
Robert

I bet LTG has done it! lol

#3734 3 days ago

Pardon the extreme na·ive·té of my question. For MMR, are there any board mounted batteries to be concerned about leaking?

#3735 3 days ago

For MMR, are there any board mounted batteries to be concerned about leaking?

One round one on the board you need to change maybe once every five years or so.

DSC00084 (resized).JPG
#3736 3 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

One round one on the board you need to change maybe once every five years or so.

I assume we still keep the machines on while changing the battery as to not lose our settings.

#3737 3 days ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I assume we still keep the machines on while changing the battery as to not lose our settings.

Same as a motherboard, yes.

#3738 3 days ago

Has anyone tried installing the Williams WPC95 Speaker Panel in an MMR...does it fit?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-3915&Product_Code=PPS-04-10382-7B-1

Or has anyone found a decal that fits in the space left empty by the missing Williams logo?

#3739 2 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Has anyone tried installing the Williams WPC95 Speaker Panel in an MMR...does it fit?
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-3915&Product_Code=PPS-04-10382-7B-1
Or has anyone found a decal that fits in the space left empty by the missing Williams logo?

I’m curious about this, too. It doesn’t necessarily need to be the Williams logo, (which can’t be sold here due to copyright violations), but maybe anything customizable. How about a “Medieval Madness” sticker with some cool graphics?

#3740 2 days ago

I have tried installing an NOS WPC95 Williams speaker panel on my MMR. Yes it will fit. The main issue is you have to cut the lock washers off to remove the old one and maybe the NOS Williams has the speaker covers already washered in, you have to cut those off as well. I wasn't prepared to do that, seems that re-assembly of the washers would be tough to do. It seemed like an easy job when I thought about doing it. Sometime I will get it done though.

The Williams decal is trademarked so you'd have to be careful about that.

#3741 2 days ago

The Williams decal is trademarked so you'd have to be careful about that.

Trademarks only prevent unauthorized reproduction and sales. If you're buying a legitimate part (and this is), you can do anything you want with it after you buy it. Nothing to be careful about, unless you're worried that when you go to sell your pin that Williams will come after you. Highly unlikely.

I did see another pinsider who was making just the logo (stainless I think), but never advertised. I never ended up pulling the trigger, but wish I had.

#3742 1 day ago

Ok well I confirmed you need to order the gear and shaft combo for the drawbridge. The gear by itself has a hole that is too large and won't work.

#3743 36 minutes ago

I want my widescreen please doug_duba any update on this please?

Cheers,
Neil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 9.10
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
PinSound
$ 229.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD
$ 11.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3743 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside