IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 204.
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

He gave no indication of what was being traded...a standard routed MMr without color with 10,000 plays for a MBrLE or was it a MMRLE with color chip and 30 plays for a MBr CE.

It makes a difference and that's what I was drilling down to.

Robert

Very good points.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Don’t do it. MMr is the stronger game. The enhancements on MBr are nice but don’t make up for the differences in the underlying game.

Thanks for your opinion! I really do like MMr but I'm getting hyped up looking at pictures of MBr

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

He gave no indication of what was being traded...a standard routed MMr without color with 10,000 plays for a MBrLE or was it a MMRLE with color chip and 30 plays for a MBr CE.
It makes a difference and that's what I was drilling down to.
Robert

I have a HUO standard MMR manufactured in Feb of this year, with maybe 50 plays, color chip and upgraded speakers and just about every protector made installed. Standard for MBr LE is where my mind was going.

#3653 5 years ago

(edited to reflect proper parts listed as not working. My apprentice mixes up terms still...)

Multiple solenoids not working:

Got a text from the arcade tonight, tech on duty told me the right eject and all three pop bumpers were not working.

I downloaded the manual, and after cross referencing those coils against the Fuse list and 3 Solenoid Driver Boards I pressed him to dig deeper in the test mode and look for other parts not working. Eventually he came back with: right eject, all 3 pop bumpers, the tower ramp diverter and the right troll all being inoperative. He said the gate IS working though, which confuses me since otherwise I would think the whole Driver Board 2 is bad or something feeding it is.

Reported back a voltage around 80vdc going to the driver board. I think I read that the 50 comes down from like 78 or something? So that probably is okay I think.

What to look for when I go in tomorrow?

I was playing it yesterday and remember 2 issues: the catapult is weak/inconsistent (even through I turned it up in settings weeks ago), and the display had a dot...reported a stuck switch on the tower diverter but it worked fine when I played and the dot cleared.

Machine is only a month or 2 old. Sigh. Already have multiple things coming loose too, like the screws on the trap door wall hinge. Bah.

Added over 5 years ago:

Tech missed a fuse. I spotted a burn mark within 15 seconds. Yay.

No idea why it blew, but I played a bit and it seemed stable.

#3654 5 years ago

So, I've had my machine about 6 weeks, put about 800 plays on it, and I've got my very first "big boy" problem with it. I'm hoping maybe you lovely folks can provide some advice.

The tower exit solenoid, part AE-27-1200, got stuck in the extended position today. After saving the maiden, the ball ended up stuck in the tower, blocked by the extended solenoid bar. A ball search didn't save it. I opened up the machine and played around with the solenoid a bit, and it seems to stick in the extended position pretty reliably if I manually extend it. I did notice that if I rotate the solenoid plunger to a particular rotation, it sticks less, but all it takes is a 90 degree rotation to go back to sticking. So, I've left it in the middle of the non-sticky portion for the near term.

I also noticed that if I want to remove the solenoid to take it apart, I need to either snip a whole bunch of wire ties or cut the cables to it. I decided not to do that just yet. Is there a "best practice" for snipping wires and re-assembling stuff? Should I buy connectors so if I snip it and solder it back together, it's easier to disconnect in the future? Is there a standard for connectors in pinball machines?

Is a stuck solenoid a common problem? What about stuck solenoids at a particular rotation? What's my ideal fix here? Should I replace the solenoid? Is this something that might be covered under warranty?

Thanks everyone for all your advice!

#3655 5 years ago

Does it stay stuck when you turn the game off? If so, it’s mechanical not electrical.

This happened to me. And it was the metal ball popper itself has a small pin that holds the two half’s together that had come apart and was protruding causing binding. Took it apart, made the pin flush and away we went.

#3657 5 years ago

Hey guys I recently beat all the castles . Any futher castles destroyed were called "bonus castle". Does anything else happen?

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from Aardvarki:

So, I've had my machine about 6 weeks, put about 800 plays on it, and I've got my very first "big boy" problem with it. I'm hoping maybe you lovely folks can provide some advice.
The tower exit solenoid, part AE-27-1200, got stuck in the extended position today. After saving the maiden, the ball ended up stuck in the tower, blocked by the extended solenoid bar. A ball search didn't save it. I opened up the machine and played around with the solenoid a bit, and it seems to stick in the extended position pretty reliably if I manually extend it. I did notice that if I rotate the solenoid plunger to a particular rotation, it sticks less, but all it takes is a 90 degree rotation to go back to sticking. So, I've left it in the middle of the non-sticky portion for the near term.
I also noticed that if I want to remove the solenoid to take it apart, I need to either snip a whole bunch of wire ties or cut the cables to it. I decided not to do that just yet. Is there a "best practice" for snipping wires and re-assembling stuff? Should I buy connectors so if I snip it and solder it back together, it's easier to disconnect in the future? Is there a standard for connectors in pinball machines?
Is a stuck solenoid a common problem? What about stuck solenoids at a particular rotation? What's my ideal fix here? Should I replace the solenoid? Is this something that might be covered under warranty?
Thanks everyone for all your advice!

Solenoids can stick up or down.

They should move freely and return to their starting positions via the return spring.

If they stick up is usually due to debris in the coil sleeve (black dust) or a worn sleeve. Or a broken return spring.
Take off the coil stop and clean the sleeve and remove all the black dust. If the sleeve is worn through, cracked or rough, replace it.
Check that the return spring is working properly. It can also be that the plunger is mushroomed and dragging in the sleeve

If it sticks down, its usually a worn coil stop or plunger mushroomed or dragging. Or again the coil sleeve is packed with black dust or needs cleaning or replacement.

If plungers are mushroomed at the bottom you can file them flat again to get a little more life out of them, if its not too bad.
Worn coil stops should be replaced.

#3659 5 years ago

Yeah 800 plays in it’s probably a sketchy/damaged coil sleeve or maybe the coil is loose and causing drag. I just had a newish sleeve that was dragging for no good reason in another pin of mine, just swapped it out and all is well.

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah 800 plays in it’s probably a sketchy/damaged coil sleeve or maybe the coil is loose and causing drag. I just had a newish sleeve that was dragging for no good reason in another pin of mine, just swapped it out and all is well.

I bought a couple dozen coil sleeves recently from marcospec.

Oddly half of them were poorly machined on the inside with shavings and were very rough.

They had to be discarded.

Next I'm buying from Terry at pinball life.

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I recently beat all the castles . Any futher castles destroyed were called "bonus castle". Does anything else happen?

Finally, let's talk some pinball!!!

If you beat all the castles, everything from that point on will be a bonus until you complete all other objectives required to play Battle for the Kingdom.

Beating all the castles is no small feat, so congrats on doing that!

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally, let's talk some pinball!!!
If you beat all the castles, everything from that point on will be a bonus until you complete all other objectives required to play Battle for the Kingdom.
Beating all the castles is no small feat, so congrats on doing that!

I have yet to beat them all... but got to the last one and choked! I think I need better strategy to maximize earning extra balls.

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have yet to beat them all... but got to the last one and choked! I think I need better strategy to maximize earning extra balls.

Try to get all madnesses lit before starting multiballs, and then you get to restart it when you beat the trolls. This give you a lot more of time to really pound away at the castle.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Try to get all madnesses lit before starting multiballs, and then you get to restart it when you beat the trolls. This give you a lot more of time to really pound away at the castle.

Do you mostly attack the latter castles in multiball? Especially with the initial ball save? I usually try to rail it then but maybe that’s a bad idea?

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Do you mostly attack the latter castles in multiball? Especially with the initial ball save? I usually try to rail it then but maybe that’s a bad idea?

Yup, same strategy I use for AFM as well. First two castles by single ball, then it's all multiball from there. Castle is a dangerous shot, so you need a plan.

#3666 5 years ago

My castle diverter stopped working. Called CGC and they quickly sent me a new assembly. Ended up being the coil. Great customer service.

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Thanks for your opinion! I really do like MMr but I'm getting hyped up looking at pictures of MBr

I have a HUO standard MMR manufactured in Feb of this year, with maybe 50 plays, color chip and upgraded speakers and just about every protector made installed. Standard for MBr LE is where my mind was going.

If you only put in 50games since Feb then I don't think this game(mmr) is for you. Maybe it's best you trade it for MBr and maybe it will get played little more.

#3668 5 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

If you only put in 50games since Feb then I don't think this game(mmr) is for you. Maybe it's best you trade it for MBr and maybe it will get played little more.

I went and checked my game, I have 179 plays since May of this year. I'm the only one that plays the games in my house, but admittedly that is still a bit low after 6 months of ownership.

#3669 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I went and checked my game, I have 179 plays since May of this year. I'm the only one that plays the games in my house, but admittedly that is still a bit low after 6 months of ownership.

I think I may have 10 games on mine this year. Probably less than 100 total games all of my pins put together this year. They are there for me when I need them and they sure are nice to look at when I don't.

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I beat the King of Payne's castle, and then the draw bridge stayed down and the castle gate stayed down like I was supposed to do something else to unlock the bonus castles, is that normal?

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I beat the King of Payne's castle, and then the draw bridge stayed down and the castle gate stayed down like I was supposed to do something else to unlock the bonus castles, is that normal?

To lite up Battle For The Kingdom, you also have to have all 6 blue lights up the middle lit up.....
ie.... castle crusher, which you said you finished, joust champion, catapult ace, patron of peasants, defender of damsels, and master of trolls...

If you are missing any of them, you can't get to BFTK

Shelly

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

To lite up Battle For The Kingdom, you also have to have all 6 blue lights up the middle lit up.....
ie.... castle crusher, which you said you finished, joust champion, catapult ace, patron of peasants, defender of damsels, and master of trolls...
If you are missing any of them, you can't get to BFTK
Shelly

I think he's specifically asking about bonus castles. I'd be interested to know this as well.

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think he's specifically asking about bonus castles. I'd be interested to know this as well.

Oh... ok...

To get the bonus castles, you have to hit the gate a certain # of times... not sure how many....maybe 7 or 8 times or so....

When the gate opens and you make the shot to destroy the castle, you get 7.5M.....

It just keeps repeating that until you get all the lights for BFTK.....

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I just installed my colour chip and updated code tonight and saw that I only have 186 games played on my MMRLE....the kicker - I have had it for almost 3 years! LOL.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I think I may have 10 games on mine this year. Probably less than 100 total games all of my pins put together this year. They are there for me when I need them and they sure are nice to look at when I don't.

This! ^^^^^^

#3675 5 years ago

Hey I'm experiencing problems with my Medieval Madness RM. After 5-10 games my flippers freeze up. First the RH flipper stops then both. Anyone else experience this?

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from Flip_RRR:

After 5-10 games my flippers freeze up. First the RH flipper stops then both. Anyone else experience this?

When this happens quick go into Tests - Switch Edge - and push flipper buttons, see if it's them or the flippers acting up.

LTG : )

#3677 5 years ago

Awesome idea! Will do this eve. It happens every time I play so I'll have more info tomorrow.

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from Flip_RRR:

Awesome idea! Will do this eve. It happens every time I play so I'll have more info tomorrow.

I would also reaseat all connections to the boards. Could be a bad connection acting up because of heat expansion.

Hope it's an easy fix. And not a deeper issue.
Good luck!

#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I would also reaseat all connections to the boards. Could be a bad connection acting up because of heat expansion.

There are three blue identical driver boards mounted under the playfield to the huge board. Each one has a row of ten pins on one edge. Push those in to be sure they are making good contact with the huge board.

#3680 5 years ago

Quick question. How do I adjust the flipper strength on my MMR in the menu? I was told I can, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks,
Zamp

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Quick question. How do I adjust the flipper strength on my MMR in the menu? I was told I can, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks,
Zamp

In the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual. Or -

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual. Or -

Awesome!! You're the best!!
Thanks!!

#3683 5 years ago

Is there any way to manually change the replay score threshold setting?

#3684 5 years ago

Is there any way to manually change the replay score threshold setting?

In the Williams Menu. Adjustments. A.1 Standard Adjustments 05 Replay System on Fixed or Auto % then 08 Replay Levels you can set things for 09-12.

Play around in there and you can figure it out.

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the Williams Menu. Adjustments. A.1 Standard Adjustments 05 Replay System on Fixed or Auto % then 08 Replay Levels you can set things for 09-12.
Play around in there and you can figure it out.

Thanks Llyod. I got to the Williams menu item for the replay threshold (mine's set at 38 million) but could not get the value to change. Funny how the threshold keeps changing automatically, is that normal? Went from 30 million to 38 million in one shot auto changed by the system.

#3686 5 years ago

Funny how the threshold keeps changing automatically, is that normal?

If set to auto percentage, yes.

#3687 5 years ago

Thanks Llyod. I got to the Williams menu item for the replay threshold (mine's set at 38 million) but could not get the value to change. Funny how the threshold keeps changing automatically, is that normal? Went from 30 million to 38 million in one shot auto changed by the system.

It gets higher as you put up better scores to remain challenging.

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If set to auto percentage, yes.

I meant, this is my only working pin, is it a normal feature for B/W pins?

#3689 5 years ago

is it a normal feature for B/W pins?

If turned on in settings, yes. Goes up or down, depending on the players on the game.

#3690 5 years ago

I meant, this is my only working pin, is it a normal feature for B/W pins?

Yes - auto reply adjust. To be sure operator's replay (free games given out) aren't too high or too low. Keep earnings coming in!

#3691 5 years ago

So my left Troll stopped working. I get the Error Check switch 45 UPF. Wires look fine, the troll face is not stuck or anything like that.

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

So my left Troll stopped working.

Go into Tests - Switch Edge - see if the switch below the playfield that lets the game know the troll carriage is up or down works, and see if the troll face switch registers or is stuck closed.

Then follow the coil wires to a nearby driver board. Along one edge is ten pins that plug into the huge board below the playfield, push on them to be sure they are seated good.

#3693 5 years ago

i have some car of arms ins tock again

1 kit 49$ + 15 ship.

IMG_7566 (resized).JPGIMG_7566 (resized).JPG
#3694 5 years ago

I moved recently and for whatever reason even on "light" my shaker motor is so strong it literally makes the game unplayable as it rattles the entire machine.
I've taken the unit out and the weights were on properly from what I could tell and the threaded screw rods were in their indentations fine.

The only thing I can think is that perhaps the floor in this new house isn't as solid as my last but it's a bummer and I've had to turn it off for now.

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Tests - Switch Edge - see if the switch below the playfield that lets the game know the troll carriage is up or down works, and see if the troll face switch registers or is stuck closed.
Then follow the coil wires to a nearby driver board. Along one edge is ten pins that plug into the huge board below the playfield, push on them to be sure they are seated good.

Thanks, Lloyd.

#3696 5 years ago

Sorry guys, I'm not sure if anyone has answered this already:

Has anyone added Mirror Blades to their game? I have AFMLE and MBLE coming and was wondering what Mirror Blades I am looking at to match the newer games (mirror, black?). Does anyone have pics of the blades in their game?

#3697 5 years ago

Any news on a updated screen coming out for MMr?

#3698 5 years ago

I’ve owned MMR for a bit over a year now, and tonight for the first time I got to battle for the kingdom. I completed all but the last shot, and got it a second or so after the timer.

I’m sure this is all old hat to all of you, but MMR was the second pin I’ve bought - ever - and I’ve been learning as I’ve gone along. It’s a fantastic game.

Anyway.. back to my story. YOU HAVE TO BE !?$&@! KIDDING ME. IF YOU DONT WIN BATTLE FOR THE KINGDOM IT STARTS OVER?????

Kill me.

Scored 197M with two extra balls. Bested my prior GC score of 112M.

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’ve owned MMR for a bit over a year now, and tonight for the first time I got to battle for the kingdom. I completed all but the last shot, and got it a second or so after the timer.
I’m sure this is all old hat to all of you, but MMR was the second pin I’ve bought - ever - and I’ve been learning as I’ve gone along. It’s a fantastic game.
Anyway.. back to my story. YOU HAVE TO BE !?$&@! KIDDING ME. IF YOU DONT WIN BATTLE FOR THE KINGDOM IT STARTS OVER?????
Kill me.

Good job. I've had MMR since Jan 2017 and have not gotten castle crusher yet. Close but not yet. As such have not hit 100 million yet but am veddy veddy close. I just recently set the replay award to an extra ball. That should help.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Kill me.

love hearing these stories. I remember the first time I got there and failed I was completely gutted.

But when I finally got it I was so excited that I ran around my game room like a madman.

You will get there and once you do it is SWEET!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/74?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.