IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 204.
#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Ok so I'm tyring to figure out what the best way will be to deal with how dark the game is and how much reflection I get from the backglass etc. What is the better solution? Switch GI over to brigter natural white LEDs and invisiglass/HD glass or add Pinstadium?

I think some people just use Pinstadium.

I don't mind the dimly lit feel to it. Kinda feels medieval

#3552 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

add Pinstadium?

Probably that.

LTG : )

#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Ok so I'm tyring to figure out what the best way will be to deal with how dark the game is and how much reflection I get from the backglass etc. What is the better solution? Switch GI over to brigter natural white LEDs and invisiglass/HD glass or add Pinstadium?

A backboard strip will also help with glare with nice effect.

https://lermods.com/products/medieval-madness-mmr-pinball-led-strip-15-backboard-light-kit

#3554 5 years ago

I would second that. I did a Lermods backboard strip and believe the results were very nice. Also did the Merlin mod which I thought was tasteful.

#3555 5 years ago

I know the Pinstadium lights are not inexpensive...... but they really brighten up the game.......
Everyone that comes over to play is pretty impressed by the lights.....
Any game I get will most likely get the Pinstadiums.....

You already know what the game looks like when it is dark, so here is the pic with the Pinstadiums......

MMr_after (resized).jpgMMr_after (resized).jpg
#3556 5 years ago

Has anyone install the catapult LED mod from pimp my pin to MMR, installed mine today but not sure where to connect the red and black wires to as the wiring instruction are for the original MM, any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

#3557 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I added (3) spotlights to mine ... two that point to middle of playfield (troll area) and 1 that points at the castle. Huge improvement although I would imagine Pin Stadium would offer even better results.

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Has anyone install the catapult LED mod from pimp my pin to MMR, installed mine today but not sure where to connect the red and black wires to as the wiring instruction are for the original MM, any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

Hi, you should be able to hook it up across any existing GI bulb. If there are none that reach with the cable on your mod, you may have to splice on extra cable so it will reach...

#3559 5 years ago

I had something strange happen to my MMr last night...I had a few friends over and we're putting my pins through the paces and someone informed me that MMr 's flippers were retracting slowly. Sure enough I checked and they energized and launched the ball with no problem, but upon reseating, they both seemed to be in slow motion. This happened every time, not just on occasion. It was late so I just shut the pin off...next morning, everything was fine. Zero problems, no error messages (there never were any, anyway). Driving me nuts trying to figure out what happened and more importantly, how to prevent this in the future. Any ideas on this?

#3560 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Any ideas on this?

Check for broken return springs.

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

If the springs were broken it would be repeatable the next day I think. Does this thread help?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-flipper-issue

#3562 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Checked them..not the problem. Again, the issue went away this morning..it's like it never even happened. Weird....

#3563 5 years ago

An aside comment. I decided to change my replay award to an extra ball from the factory set free play. I regularly beat the factory GC score now as a result. It makes a HUGE difference and I thought it would not matter much.

#3564 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If the springs were broken it would be repeatable the next day I think.

On mine one of the flippers did this but not all the time. Turned out it was a broken spring. Guess not as easy in this case.

#3565 5 years ago

I should add that when this happened, when both flippers were energized, they both went to the rest position in the exact same symmetry.

#3566 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I should add that when this happened, when both flippers were energized, they both went to the rest position in the exact same symmetry.

Do you have a handful of games?

Are they all on the same circuit?

#3567 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you have a handful of games?
Are they all on the same circuit?

I do...I believe I had 4 pins on that circuit....

#3568 5 years ago

15 or 20amp breaker/circuit?

I’ve had some funny issues when all my games are on.... but not that on my mmr

#3569 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I had something strange happen to my MMr last night...I had a few friends over and we're putting my pins through the paces and someone informed me that MMr 's flippers were retracting slowly. Sure enough I checked and they energized and launched the ball with no problem, but upon reseating, they both seemed to be in slow motion. This happened every time, not just on occasion. It was late so I just shut the pin off...next morning, everything was fine. Zero problems, no error messages (there never were any, anyway). Driving me nuts trying to figure out what happened and more importantly, how to prevent this in the future. Any ideas on this?

Flippers warmed up and plungers dragging in the sleeves.
Could be debris or just worn.

Coils stops grabbing the plungers.
File them flat again or replace.

Clean or Replace the coil sleeves?

Either way, remove the coil stops and inspect.

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

That was my first thought but after letting it sit it was fine the next day.... but for sure OP should check

#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That was my first thought but after letting it sit it was fine the next day.... but for sure OP should check

Cooled down then it appears.

#3572 5 years ago

Cooled down then it appears.

Ghost of old trolls past.....causing a ruckus

#3573 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Hi, you should be able to hook it up across any existing GI bulb. If there are none that reach with the cable on your mod, you may have to splice on extra cable so it will reach...

Great, thanks for that, will see how it goes.

#3574 5 years ago

Was wondering what replacing coil sleeves is for. Somehow this helps coil performance?

#3575 5 years ago

Was wondering what replacing coil sleeves is for. Somehow this helps coil performance?

Helps if the mech is binding (sticking). You can also remove coil and clean thoroughly. Both do about the same.

#3576 5 years ago

They wear and need periodic replacement. Sure beats replacing a whole coil!

#3577 5 years ago

I'm looking for some debugging help. My right flipper on my MMr is not holding. I think it is the leaf switch. Where should I start in trying to repair this? Are there online docs with all the switch part numbers?

#3578 5 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

My right flipper on my MMr is not holding.

I'd check the hold winding on the coil. One of the three wires to it.

Quoted from jaystile:

Are there online docs with all the switch part numbers?

Your MMR manual.

#3579 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the hold winding on the coil. One of the three wires to it.

Your MMR manual.

I bought my Medieval Madness (Remake - Standard) second hand and I didn't get the manual. But I did find it online! http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf

Thank you for you input, @LTG. I looked at the solder for the wires connecting to the coil and they looked sketchy. I flowed new solder and it didn't make a difference. Next, I looked at the manual for the part number and found the part: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/FL-11629. I compared Ohm readings from my multimeter with the specification (see image).

Specification: Primary 3.7Ohms, Secondary 133 Ohms.
Left Flipper: Primary 4.5 Ohms, Secondary 130.2 Ohms.
Right Flipper: Primary 4.9 Ohms, Secondary 0 Ohms.

I think I need a replacement coil, unless you have any other recommendations?

FL-11629-flipper-coil-blue (resized).jpgFL-11629-flipper-coil-blue (resized).jpg
#3580 5 years ago

You probably just have a broken wire in the thin, secondary winding. Find the break, unwind it so you can rethread it to the solder tab, scrape of some of the red coating so you can re-solder it to the tab. (Don’t forget to remove the broken piece) That’ll save you the cost and time of buying a new coil.

#3581 5 years ago

Just got this game in yesterday and holy moly I am terrible at it. I feel every other ball gets drained down the side instantaneously!

#3582 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

You probably just have a broken wire in the thin, secondary winding. Find the break, unwind it so you can rethread it to the solder tab, scrape of some of the red coating so you can re-solder it to the tab. (Don’t forget to remove the broken piece) That’ll save you the cost and time of buying a new coil.

If it's 0 ohms, it's a short, not an open connection.

#3583 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If it's 0 ohms, it's a short, not an open connection.

In that case, Jay, I see a new flipper coil in your future. Damn electronic nomenclature!

#3584 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

In that case, Jay, I see a new flipper coil in your future. Damn electronic nomenclature!

In your defense, he could have one of those DMMs that report "0L", and he just misread it.

#3585 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Just got this game in yesterday and holy moly I am terrible at it. I feel every other ball gets drained down the side instantaneously!

Welcome to the club, and yes, the game can be brutal. Anyone who tells you it is not, has changed something from the factory settings.

You will have to try to figure out the behaviour of the ball, and nudge to get control back when it is lost.

It's a fun game when you get a flow going, but that can be tough seeing that any shot that is not perfect puts you in immediate danger.

#3586 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Welcome to the club, and yes, the game can be brutal. Anyone who tells you it is not, has changed something from the factory settings.
You will have to try to figure out the behaviour of the ball, and nudge to get control back when it is lost.
It's a fun game when you get a flow going, but that can be tough seeing that any shot that is not perfect puts you in immediate danger.

I just feel like there is a magnet in the side drains that just attract the ball quickly to them before I can do anything!

#3587 5 years ago

You can adjust the outlanes by moving the posts in the slot, the competitive guys like to leave them wide open but for my setting I found that tightening them and lowering the slingshot power by one raising the flipper power by one helped my non pinball friends get closer to that 3 minutes play time window.

#3588 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

You can adjust the outlanes by moving the posts in the slot, the competitive guys like to leave them wide open but for my setting I found that tightening them and lowering the slingshot power by one raising the flipper power by one helped my non pinball friends get closer to that 3 minutes play time window.

How do I do that?

#3589 5 years ago

You can adjust the outlane posts by loosening the nut underneath the playfeild and sliding the post up or down, the flipper and slingshot are adjusted in the 'secret' menu. To get to the secret menu i think you press all four buttons on the coint door at startup.

#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

You can adjust the outlane posts by loosening the nut underneath the playfeild and sliding the post up or down, the flipper and slingshot are adjusted in the 'secret' menu. To get to the secret menu i think you press all four buttons on the coint door at startup.

Just so I'm clear here (total pinball newbie, this is my first machine and got it in on Tuesday), I can go underneath the playfield, loosen each nut under each side, slide the post a bit, tightening the nut back up, and you are also suggesting to lower the slingshot power by one and raise the flipper power by one which can be done in that menu? Is it obvious which nut to loosen?

#3591 5 years ago

Yeah its the posts thats right above the outlanes, if you look at your playfeild you will see that these posts are actually sitting in a slot instead of a hole. Most other posts are in one fixed spot but these two are adjustable, it might be hard to see underneath the plastic protectors looking from the top but looking from underneath it should be more obvious.

#3592 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

You hold down the first (escape iirc) button until the CGC menu comes up.

#3593 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

Yeah its the posts thats right above the outlanes, if you look at your playfeild you will see that these posts are actually sitting in a slot instead of a hole. Most other posts are in one fixed spot but these two are adjustable, it might be hard to see underneath the plastic protectors looking from the top but looking from underneath it should be more obvious.

Thanks! I'll check it out tonight.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

You hold down the first (escape iirc) button until the CGC menu comes up.

Thanks!

#3594 5 years ago
Quoted from dreamtheme:

To get to the secret menu

Page 1-10 in the manual walks you through it or -

#3595 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I just feel like there is a magnet in the side drains that just attract the ball quickly to them before I can do anything!

I recommend you buy TWD as your second game, because those outlanes are very safe in comparison!!

But seriously, I agree with the other comments regarding closing down your outlanes for now. As you get better and ball times get longer you might consider opening them back up... but only if you're interested in expanding your competitive side and playing in tournaments where the machines are setup brutally all the time.

#3596 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-10 in the manual walks you through it or -

Great, thanks!

Quoted from Pinzap:

I recommend you buy TWD as your second game, because those outlanes are very safe in comparison!!
But seriously, I agree with the other comments regarding closing down your outlanes for now. As you get better and ball times get longer you might consider opening them back up... but only if you're interested in expanding your competitive side and playing in tournaments where the machines are setup brutally all the time.

Thanks for the advice.

#3597 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I can go underneath the playfield, loosen each nut under each side, slide the post a bit, tightening the nut back up

Please don't try to work under the playfield with the power on, chances are you'll accidentally short something and then you'll have a bigger problem to deal with. Btw, when I moved my posts they were somewhat stuck in clear coat but eventually moved after jiggling them a bit.

#3598 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha. I'm such an idiot. I was just quickly looking on pinside last night before going to bed and I guess I must have been dozing off. I thought I was replying to The Walking Dead thread.

That game is definitely brutal. Medieval Madness is actually pretty friendly in comparison. Just make sure your game is set up somewhere between 6.5 and 7 degrees and you should be fine.

#3599 5 years ago

I adjusted the posts and settings as recommended and it is much better. Thanks! And don't worry, I did it with the power off.

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I adjusted the posts and settings as recommended and it is much better. Thanks! And don't worry, I did it with the power off.

You may also want to increase your ball save timer while you get the hang of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/72?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.