3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 203.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Good job on a temporary workaround!

Thank you, sir. Just a little aluminum and a bender. I’ve made my own ball guides for my Gorgar out of aluminum, as they were shot when I purchased it. Now the ball rolls smoothly onto the flippers without bouncing. The downside is aluminum is soft, and will deform quicker than stainless, but I’ve had the machine over five years and they still look great.

#3452 5 years ago

Just finished installing Pinwize's castle and troll mods! I am very happy with the outcome! For someone who is not really familiar with MM, you would likely have to look at the stock castle and the painted version to really appreciate the details but it all comes together nicely! Installation was honestly not bad either. Partial tear down of the top side; the ramps and castle really.

mm1 (resized).jpgmm1 (resized).jpgmm2 (resized).jpgmm2 (resized).jpg
#3453 5 years ago

The detail is incredible!

#3454 5 years ago

I just received my MMR near the beginning of May and I'm loving the gameplay so far! Quick question: My game will tell me that I am Joust Champion but then when the game ends I am not asked to enter my initials. I see the default joust champion score is @ 5. Is this a bug related to MM in general or just MMR?

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I just received my MMR near the beginning of May and I'm loving the gameplay so far! Quick question: My game will tell me that I am Joust Champion but then when the game ends I am not asked to enter my initials. I see the default joust champion score is @ 5. Is this a bug related to MM in general or just MMR?

I was able to enter Troll Champion initials without issue.

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

That means you have to get 6 completed joust challenges to beat the default champion. The same goes for damsel, trolls, peasants and catapult. It’s very tough.

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, my MMR is only a few months old. When I shoot the skill shot or the ‘right to left’ orbit shot, the ball comes off the metal rail and almost drains down the middle. It’s gotten worse and worse. It should come off the metal rail and go to the left flipper. I’ve examined the metal rail where the ball comes off and don’t notice anything wrong or bent? Is anyone else having this issue? Or know what to do to fix it? Btw, the table is level and pitched correctly.

My MMR is doing the same thing is their a fix for this?

#3458 5 years ago

Bend the metal ball guide to change the escape angle of the ball.

#3459 5 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pinball Pro SP-58 Backbox speakers . . . taken from my Medieval Madness Remake before I sold the game. Sound great, much better than the stock speakers. Works with Medieval Madne...”
2018-06-10
Vienna, VA
45 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 31 times

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Medeival Madness - Coat of Arms - lasercut stainless Steel Brand new, never installed. Made by Kapsreiter https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-sp...”
2018-06-10
Vienna, VA
58 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 33 times

#3460 5 years ago

Last night was able to finally complete all the shots for the Multiball and hit all the knights. Then the last shot you have to go to the left side of the castle for double super jackpot, then as a reward got extra ball lit and it showed on the DMD a room full of gold! Never seen that before!
Awesome! Always something new I have not seen before.

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Last night was able to finally complete all the shots for the Multiball and hit all the knights. Then the last shot you have to go to the left side of the castle for double super jackpot, then as a reward got extra ball lit and it showed on the DMD a room full of gold! Never seen that before!
Awesome! Always something new I have not seen before.

It can be tough to hit the 5 ramps. Best to focus on them as the ball save is running, then if you still have the multiballs in play, go for castle shots.

The gold room (super jackpots) are tempting, but won't get you any closer to BFTK, so best to keep your eyes of the prize.

Next hidden gem in the game to aim for... Barnyard Multiball!

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It can be tough to hit the 5 ramps. Best to focus on them as the ball save is running, then if you still have the multiballs in play, go for castle shots.
The gold room (super jackpots) are tempting, but won't get you any closer to BFTK, so best to keep your eyes of the prize.
Next hidden gem in the game to aim for... Barnyard Multiball!

I disagree with that strategy....

For me, if they are potentially making an extra ball available, to me , that is the priority....
I guess depending on the situation in the game, you may want to go after castles....

My game isn't a drain monster when shooting at the castle....

But an Xtra ball can be huge.....

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

More
I disagree with that strategy....
For me, if they are potentially making an extra ball available, to me , that is the priority....
I guess depending on the situation in the game, you may want to go after castles....
My game isn't a drain monster when shooting at the castle....
But an Xtra ball can be huge.....

Think you maybe misunderstood my post. I was saying to focus on the ramp shots while the ball save was on.

Picking up that extra ball can be huge, but once you get it, it's all castle shots from there.

I was just saying that castle shots should take priority over super jackpots.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

More
My MMR is doing the same thing is their a fix for this?

I found out the issue the post rubber on left side in front of the left orbit was to thick and it was pushing out the left orbit rail just a tiny bit but enough to cause SDTM drains on the skill shot. I shaved down the post rubber for the meantime until I order a skinner one. But everything is working great now. I do not know if they put on the wrong size from the factory or the originals have this issue or what but this issue is fixed

On another note my castle gate closes the whole way and I do not get any rejects from the merline hole. I do not know if they upgraded these parts on later runs or I just got lucky .

#3465 5 years ago

Anyone know all of the instances during gameplay on MM/MMR that would reward an extra ball? Just curious. I am set up for a free game at 28 million not an extra ball. I had 2 extra balls awarded during my highest grand champlion score today, awarded before the first ball even drained. One extra ball after completing 2 castles and merlin's magic afterward. Not sure where the other came from. My score was 71, 151, 720, 4 castles down and got to Royal Madness but not completing Royal Madness. 2 lit blue "master" inserts, Catapult Ace and Master of Trolls. Based on the conversation above the 2nd extra ball might have been awarded by completing Jackpots during Damsel Madness multiball. I also noticed that I got trolls up during Damsel Madness multiball and completing the Trolls rolled straight into Troll Madness. I had never seen that before, I thought other uncompleted madnesses were locked out during madness multiball. This extended the multiball (more balls) and allowed me to hammer jackpots, I guess for the extra ball.

#3466 5 years ago

Here's a list of the extra balls I have gotten.....

I think these #s are good for default settings, except the extra ball at 28,000,000

1. My machine is set to give an extra ball at 28,000,000 instead of a free game.... Its already free......
2. Lights extra ball for defeating the 2nd castle.... This also lights the extra ball after BFTK, after you destroy the 2nd castle again....and each time after BFTK
3. The first 2 times you make the 6 required shots during Castle Multiball will light the extra ball...
4. The first 4 times you complete the shots for Royal Madness will give an extra ball.....
5. If you can spell FIRE 8 times, that will possibly give you video mode.... extra ball available with that.....another at 40.... tough to get to....
6. If you complete 10 hurry ups, that will light extra ball..... another at 40.... tough to get to.....
7. Merlins Magic Random award extra ball...... that one is pretty rare.....

I have had a game with at least 11 extra balls......
3 on castle attack 2nd castle..... did BFTK 3 x that game.... beat it twice
1 at 28,000,000
2 during castle multiball
3 Royal Madness completed
1 video mode
1 hurry up.....

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Here's a list of the extra balls I have gotten.....
I think these #s are good for default settings, except the extra ball at 28,000,000
1. My machine is set to give an extra ball at 28,000,000 instead of a free game.... Its already free......
2. Lights extra ball for defeating the 2nd castle.... This also lights the extra ball after BFTK, after you destroy the 2nd castle again....and each time after BFTK
3. The first 2 times you make the 6 required shots during Castle Multiball will light the extra ball...
4. The first 4 times you complete the shots for Royal Madness will give an extra ball.....
5. If you can spell FIRE 8 times, that will possibly give you video mode.... extra ball available with that.....another at 40.... tough to get to....
6. If you complete 10 hurry ups, that will light extra ball..... another at 40.... tough to get to.....
7. Merlins Magic Random award extra ball...... that one is pretty rare.....
I have had a game with at least 11 extra balls......
3 on castle attack 2nd castle..... did BFTK 3 x that game.... beat it twice
1 at 28,000,000
2 during castle multiball
3 Royal Madness completed
1 video mode
1 hurry up.....

I think my mystery extra ball was your number 3.

1 week later
#3468 5 years ago

having issues with shots not registering when hitting the gate. I have checked the photo eyes and did the roll ball test. All registers in test mode. What I found was the draw bridge doesn't come down all the way. About 3/32 off the pf. A hard shot causes the ball to go air borne enough to go over the eye. A soft shot registers.
My question: is this a linkage or cam adjustment?

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

having issues with shots not registering when hitting the gate. I have checked the photo eyes and did the roll ball test. All registers in test mode. What I found was the draw bridge doesn't come down all the way. About 3/32 off the pf. A hard shot causes the ball to go air borne enough to go over the eye. A soft shot registers.

is your draw bridge catching on the way down? Mine was doing this out of the box. I didn't adjust but it started going all the way down, however it sure is close as heck on the left side. I may have to adjust.

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

is this a linkage or cam adjustment?

Allen head set screw on the linkage under the playfield.

LTG : )

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Might sound crazy, but if you have a bright light above the game (on your ceiling) it could be messing with the optos.

That's what happened with mine!

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Might sound crazy, but if you have a bright light above the game (on your ceiling) it could be messing with the optos.
That's what happened with mine!

Played with lights off.

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Played with lights off.

Make sure optos are lined up and unobstructed.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

What it turned out to be was the etched metal plate that protects the draw bridge hinge was level. On one side it was not hitting the bridge, on they other it was. 2 screws to remove it. 1 flat head machine screw and 1 square drive flat head wood screw. Their was tear out at both holes causing the plate not to be level with the pf. Used a wood chisel to remove the tear out and every thing is fine now.
Of course I noticed this after moving they adjustments first, so i spent time putting everything back to it's original settings.
I missed the plate not being level because of working on one side of the machine. Next look on both sides to access the issue.

#3475 5 years ago

I am finally getting ready to take the plunge and buy my first pin. I am fairly certain I am going with a new MMR...the kids and I both loved the game the first time we played it. My question is what mods should I consider? I am thinking of going with these listed below:

-Shaker Motor
-Color DMD
-Tilt Graphics Game Blades
-Cup Holder
-Laseriffic Topper

Are there any other mods that any current MMR owners would strongly suggest? Do I need any playfield protectors to put on right away?

Thanks!

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from Niuflipper:

I am finally getting ready to take the plunge and buy my first pin. I am fairly certain I am going with a new MMR...the kids and I both loved the game the first time we played it. My question is what mods should I consider? I am thinking of going with these listed below:
-Shaker Motor
-Color DMD
-Tilt Graphics Game Blades
-Cup Holder
-Laseriffic Topper
Are there any other mods that any current MMR owners would strongly suggest? Do I need any playfield protectors to put on right away?
Thanks!

1)Cliffy/Mantis/Pinbits protectors, not strictly a mod but is worth it.
2) Anti-rattle tape with the shaker usage.
3) I have a blue LED strip tied to the flashers and located above the castle so it looks like lightning. Nice effect and there are more elaborate setups but this was $30 from Rock Custom.
4) Merlin hole green light. I like it.
5) Machine cover, protect cab fade, Marco has them.

Only the protectors would I consider essential though. Better speakers might be another mod to consider although I am fine with the stock ones.

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

1)Cliffy/Mantis/Pinbits protectors, not strictly a mod but is worth it.
2) Anti-rattle tape with the shaker usage.
3) I have a blue LED strip tied to the flashers and located above the castle so it looks like lightning. Nice effect and there are more elaborate setups but this was $30 from Rock Custom.
4) Merlin hole green light. I like it.
5) Machine cover, protect cab fade, Marco has them.
Only the protectors would I consider essential though. Better speakers might be another mod to consider although I am fine with the stock ones.

Thank you for the suggestions! Do you think these protectors would do the job? Did I forget any important ones?

Plastic Protectors:
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=164

Playfield Protectors:
https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HG-16-M
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14702

#3478 5 years ago

Yes to the first three, the 3rd is a Pinbits protector that you might be able to get somewhere else since Marco is oos. The 4th one, the moat protector, I do not know what that one is, I do not see any need for it unless it is a factory part replacement. In addition to the first 3 links you had, you need Cliffys. You can contact cliff rinear directly thru PassionForPinball.com. Cliffys I have are the, catapult protector, drain hole protector, 2 rollover switch protectors, drawbridge edge, castle lock hole called the moat jump protector (I used in combo with the mantis, so I have both, picking one the Cliffy is better since it protects the back of the hole) and moat kickback protector.

In general, Mantis protectors require drilling holes, Cliffys use existing screws/holes. Do not drill the Mantis castle protector hole, put a poster type sticky tab underneath only. This protector is not long enough to protect the far edge of the moat jump landing, so in my case, I fit the poster tab to be slightly longer than the protector in that area to protect the edge. There is a lot of info in this thread but you hafta go back and find it. Esp regarding the Mantis merlin hole protector install.

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yes to the first three, the 3rd is a Pinbits protector that you might be able to get somewhere else since Marco is oos. The 4th one, the moat protector, I do not know what that one is, I do not see any need for it unless it is a factory part replacement. In addition to the first 3 links you had, you need Cliffys. You can contact cliff rinear directly thru PassionForPinball.com. Cliffys I have are the, catapult protector, drain hole protector, 2 rollover switch protectors, drawbridge edge, castle lock hole called the moat jump protector (I used in combo with the mantis, so I have both, picking one the Cliffy is better since it protects the back of the hole) and moat kickback protector.
In general, Mantis protectors require drilling holes, Cliffys use existing screws/holes. Do not drill the Mantis castle protector hole, put a poster type sticky tab underneath only. This protector is not long enough to protect the far edge of the moat jump landing, so in my case, I fit the poster tab to be slightly longer than the protector in that area to protect the edge. There is a lot of info in this thread but you hafta go back and find it. Esp regarding the Mantis merlin hole protector install.

Thank you very much! That is all very helpful.

#3480 5 years ago

I saw a routed original MM today and the castle door looked like it had been bashed in by a battering ram!

I couldn't believe how smashed up that door looked in comparison to everything else.

That being said, it might be worthwhile picking up an extra gate if you plan to hold onto your game long term.

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I saw a routed original MM today and the castle door looked like it had been bashed in by a battering ram!
I couldn't believe how smashed up that door looked in comparison to everything else.
That being said, it might be worthwhile picking up an extra gate if you plan to hold onto your game long term.

Was it the one in the player one showroom?
If so, I saw and played that one last week. It played ok. But yeah, that castle gate was beat.
The trolls poppimg up seemed pretty weak too.

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Was it the one in the player one showroom?
If so, I saw and played that one last week. It played ok. But yeah, that castle gate was beat.
The trolls poppimg up seemed pretty weak too.

Indeed it was.

Door looked like it had melted.

#3483 5 years ago

Has anyone else seen premature wear on castle / ball lock entrance? My MMR with less than 100 plays has already dinged up the wooden playfield ledge leading into the secret door and the clearcoat on that section is also chipping. Are there any protectors for this area?

#3484 5 years ago

edit --- above post duplicated for some reason. thank in advance for any help.

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Are there any protectors for this area?

https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/ The one with the brick etching goes in there, the long part protects the drawbridge axle.

I don't know if there are others, or if it's available separately.

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/ The one with the brick etching goes in there, the long part protects the drawbridge axle.

awesome - thank you!

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can order separately from Mantis. Takes 2 minutes to install and will save that wooden edge.

Mine started to chip very early on as well, and the Mantis protector actually looks pretty cool.

1 week later
#3488 5 years ago

I have the mantis protector but didn't really care for the look once installed... so i made a grass graphic in Photoshop and had it printed as a vinyl decal with the poly-carbonate overlay.

IMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1843 (resized).jpgIMG_1843 (resized).jpg
#3489 5 years ago

I have the mantis protector but didn't really care for the look once installed... so i made a grass graphic in Photoshop and had it printed as a vinyl decal with the poly-carbonate overlay.

Love it!! Let me know when you have them for sale...

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Love it!! Let me know when you have them for sale...

Me too! This is AWESOME! I would love to have one.

#3491 5 years ago

Very cool looking. I'm assuming the poly-carb protects the pf?

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Very cool looking. I'm assuming the poly-carb protects the pf?

I’m thinking it’s a sticker for the Mantis protector?

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m thinking it’s a sticker for the Mantis protector?

Ohh right, didn't notice that, good catch. Looks nice either way!

#3494 5 years ago

Thanks guys --- the decal is laminated with a textured polycarbonate which protects the sticker but it also would protect the surface that is under it from wear.

It's very similar to the decal that is on the draw bridge. While I did put this on top of the Mantis protector, one could put it directly on the playfield which would minimize and reduce damage from impact. I couldn't say it would eliminate it entirely. However, if your playfield is already been beat up then perhaps this would be a nice way to hide that damage.

I hadn't really though about selling them but if people are interested I would be happy to have some printed up and offer them up. Or have the gent that prints all my arcade graphics put them on his site (szabosarcades.com) ... The Graphic and the decal itself is actually 6"x6" ... and I cut it to fit. So there is enough material to make about 3 from each print so you could mess up a couple times or have spares for down the road.

This is what the raw graphic I sent to the printer looks like. I wanted to have an area that I could fold over the edge but at the time I made the graphic I didn't have exact measurements so I went with something that would give me flexibility when I went to cut and install it.
MMR_BallLock_V1_small (resized).jpgMMR_BallLock_V1_small (resized).jpg

#3495 5 years ago

I ordered my MMR on Friday, I can't wait for it to get here! For a HUO what are the must have protectors? Merlin hole and moat?

#3496 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I ordered my MMR on Friday, I can't wait for it to get here! For a HUO what are the must have protectors? Merlin hole and moat?

Congratulations on the purchase! I love mine.

For HUO, you don’t really NEED protectors. The Mantis moat protector is probably the most important. It protects the hinges and the castle “wall” jump. Everything else is up to each individual’s taste. So far, the most obvious wear I’ve noticed are all the ball divots in the playfield. Pretty much to be expected.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Congratulations on the purchase! I love mine.
For HUO, you don’t really NEED protectors. The Mantis moat protector is probably the most important. It protects the hinges and the castle “wall” jump. Everything else is up to each individual’s taste. So far, the most obvious wear I’ve noticed are all the ball divots in the playfield. Pretty much to be expected.

Second that on the need for protectors. Install them obviously for peace of mind. That said, we had an MMR at work and it was played constantly, all day long. The only area I really saw much wear was the wood under that castle 'secret door' / ball lock flap. The ball banging into that area beat up the wood a good bit. Even the Merlin hole was pretty pristine after a thousand games.

Hope you enjoy your MMr as much as we have! Such an awesome game. I have mine sitting next to Dialed In, and while DI is certainly a sexier looking pin with the RGB lighting, I think MMr is in a class of its own as far as flow.

#3498 5 years ago

Chipped the bottom edge of my header today as I was installing new speakers.

Any suggestions on how I can repair this?

MVIMG_20180711_052730 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180711_052730 (resized).jpg
#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Chipped the bottom edge of my header today as I was installing new speakers.
Any suggestions on how I can repair this?

Black paint touch up pen from a hardware store or hobby shop. Sometimes you need to try a few to get the sheen right but that's a small spot so it shouldn't be that noticeable.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Black paint touch up pen from a hardware store or hobby shop. Sometimes you need to try a few to get the sheen right but that's a small spot so it shouldn't be that noticeable.

Was hoping there might be a way to reapply that strip?

It looks like some sort of trim, not actual wood?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/70?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.