IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 204.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I posted this in another MMR thread but this seems to be more active so thought posting again

Has anyone installed flipper button/cabinet protectors, the transparent kind that does not ruin the decal and can be peeled off?
Any recommendations, I only saw ones for Stern but not sure if they'll work
Thanks,
-K

I did for one of my other machines but I don't think its worth it if its HUO. It's some kind of mylar and difficult to peel off.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Subtle change Sunday: I replaced the stock white flipper bats with yellow to better blend with the plastics & PF art in that area.

Yellow looks great

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Has anyone installed flipper button/cabinet protectors, the transparent kind that does not ruin the decal and can be peeled off?

I installed Pinball Shield protectors. They are great. I wouldn't trust anything that can be peeled off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shield-complete-pinball-cabinet-protector

Unfortunately the Pinball Shield protectors have been out of stock for a while.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've put LED flipper buttons on all my games so far. Will they work on this?

I'm wondering that myself.

#254 8 years ago

troll.jpegtroll.jpeg

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm wondering that myself.

No different than any other pinball machine. You just have to get 12vdc. Look at post 207 in thread 'MMR NIB repair Kit'. This was my solution using DK pinball power adaptor.....

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

OK fellas.....feel pretty dumb having to ask this question! Just picked up my MMR. Trying to get into the head. Tried the keys from the coin door, and although they fit in the head the lock does not turn. Looked on inside of coin door for set of keys hanging, but nothing there.
Is my lock just stiff and I should crank on it or are there supposed to be another set of keys to remove the translite?

My backbox key was hanging inside the coin door, take another look there

#258 8 years ago

LMFAO......forever captured in stupidity (just tried to delete my post!)!!

Yes, I took a third look. This time with a flashlight....found it tucked away in behind. Curious though....only one key.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Curious though....only one key.

Just one.

LTG : )

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

No different than any other pinball machine. You just have to get 12vdc. Look at post 207 in thread 'MMR NIB repair Kit'. This was my solution using DK pinball power adaptor.....

Do I need the WPC version?

I'm guessing I do.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm guessing I do.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm guessing I do.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm guessing I do.

I went with the WPC version from pinball life because the flippers are opto, not leaf switches. Think it's the 'brightlite' brand? You can also just cut WPC power connector off - strip insulation off wires and hook directly to pwr supply screw terminals...

#262 8 years ago

Oops! Wholy duplicate batman!

1 week later
#263 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ok I'm a newbie to MMRS my question is about modding. Do the mods from the original work the re release? I know the color dmd situation, but what about the other stuff?
Thanks for the help

I just posted about my Mantis protectors here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-protectors-mantis-or-cliffy

#264 8 years ago

Here's my PPS stainless MMR timeline, for those who are waiting, or just curious:

04/28/15 - initial email to [email protected]
04/30/15 - mailed $1k deposit check
06/19/15 - received email from [email protected] to confirm details & pay balance to schedule build, replied immediately
--- no response ---
11/16/15 - emailed [email protected] to ask what was up
--- no response ---
11/30/15 - emailed [email protected] to ask what was up, got an immediate response from Jim
11/30/15 - received invoice from [email protected]
12/01/15 - mailed check for remaining balance + shipping
01/04/16 - received confirmation call from trucking company
01/05/16 - MMR delivered to dock

Not too bad. Probably would have been quicker had I given up on the accounting address and pinged Jim earlier.

#265 8 years ago

What flipper strength do you other owners have on your MMRs? Default seems really powerful. Anyone notched theirs down?

#266 8 years ago

I brought my flipper strength down -2 at first. Now I'm at -1.

#267 8 years ago

I just did -1 and am enjoying it. Had a couple of really nice games and my missed shots are a lot more forgiving.

#268 8 years ago

I like the flipper strength on default. It seems to match the Sterns in terms of strength and needs to be strong enough to make all the ramp shots with ease.

Have you guys checked out the 3D translites for MM & MMR?

http://www.pinball-dreams.com/transfer/3d/mm.gif

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I like the flipper strength on default. It seems to match the Sterns in terms of strength and needs to be strong enough to make all the ramp shots with ease.
Have you guys checked out the 3D translites for MM & MMR?
http://www.pinball-dreams.com/transfer/3d/mm.gif

yep, looks cool. Wonder how it will look backlit in an MMR but worse case scenario it is a cool piece to hang on the game room wall.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

What flipper strength do you other owners have on your MMRs?

Opened mine last night, flippers felt strong enough. After I played a few games, they felt a bit weak for some reason. I doubt anything changed except for my perception. Turned them up to +3 and they feel strong, but not silly strong. I keep my games super steep, so that's probably a factor.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Opened mine last night, flippers felt strong enough. After I played a few games, they felt a bit weak for some reason. I doubt anything changed except for my perception. Turned them up to +3 and they feel strong, but not silly strong. I keep my games super steep, so that's probably a factor.

Congrats on the new game. What angle are you keeping the pins at. 6.5 degrees pitch is what I keep it at and it seems to flow pretty good.

I'm on the fence regarding the 3D translite, just not sure how the back lighting will affect it. Maybe a special lighting mod may be needed in the backbox to enhance it like in the tron 3D translite.

#272 8 years ago

Just unpacked mine. Moat doesn't recognize the ball (switch 36). The switch triggers if I break the opto signal with a pencil though.
Do you have any idea what I could do to adjust the opto switch ?

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

Just unpacked mine. Moat doesn't recognize the ball (switch 36). The switch triggers if I break the opto signal with a pencil though.

Check and see if it's aligned with the height of the ball as it passes through it. Pencil test means the circuit is working which is good. Maybe just need to get the height/angle correct

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

Your description sounds like it is working.

Is the ball not sitting in there right to break the opto beam ?

LTG : )

#275 8 years ago

For a mysterious reason I cannot yet understand, when the ball is sitting on the black bracket, it is not clipping the opto (weird).
But 1/8" higher, it works.

I just added a teeny-tiny slice of foam on the rubber gromet below to raise the plunger so that the ball is raised a bit.
Problem solved with a little temporary hack, so I can play tonight.
Will investigate later.

#276 8 years ago

Just fired up my MMr to play...

All coils started firing, as if doing a ball search. A ball was launched into the shooter lane...launched onto the PF...drained.

ALL of the PF inserts were flickering bad...not behaving like they ought to be in attract mode.

Re-booted, everything is OK.

Has anyone had that happen yet?

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Just fired up my MMr to play...
All coils started firing, as if doing a ball search. A ball was launched into the shooter lane...launched onto the PF...drained.
ALL of the PF inserts were flickering bad...not behaving like they ought to be in attract mode.
Re-booted, everything is OK.
Has anyone had that happen yet?

No. Never seen that. Keep an eye out?

#278 8 years ago

If interested, new merlin mod. Listed in the market. Fits perfectly in front of Castle and just behind merlin sign.

20160109_142521-1_(resized).jpg20160109_142521-1_(resized).jpg

20160101_145002-1_(resized).jpg20160101_145002-1_(resized).jpg

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mine does that too, I have mine set to +4 but seems to start getting weaker after longer games. Almost like lotr issue?

#280 8 years ago

Had mine on default with back legs all the way up, was good for a few days but started to get weak. Changed to +3 and no more problems. Strong but not as crazy as the lotr coils.

#281 8 years ago

picked up my machine # 660 still sitting in box.

#282 8 years ago

Has anyone switched the flipper bats to red rubber? I have so much more ball control now!

#283 8 years ago

Although I love my MMR black trim, I pretty well knew from the get go, once I received it I was going to swap out the trim for my Chestnut brass plated trim I bought for a TOM I owned a year and a half ago. This brass sat in a box, bubble wrapped until today when I finally got around to trying my hand at doing this myself. Overall, not an overly difficult process!

IMG_1845_(resized).JPGIMG_1845_(resized).JPGIMG_1843_(resized).JPGIMG_1843_(resized).JPGIMG_1846_(resized).JPGIMG_1846_(resized).JPGIMG_1847_(resized).JPGIMG_1847_(resized).JPG

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I was going to swap out the trim for my Chestnut brass plated trim I bought for a TOM

Holy smokes that looks beautiful, I have 511 in black but think this is a way better gold idea than that odd gold edition that was done by factory. Bravo to you sir!

#285 8 years ago

Nice job Reg on that trim, looks beautiful. Maybe I will do the same but for now I feel too attached to my "odd gold" edition.

#286 8 years ago

Wow! That looks just like the one on the flyer.

#287 8 years ago

Looks really sharp, and yes lol exactly as the flyer promised

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Has anyone confirmed if the screen tearing and audio buzzing when the games are left on for a while is fixed in the software that is shipping on these later games? I thought I saw that Rick said all the new games coming off the line had the updated code about 2 months ago.

I got some audio buzzing after the game was left on all day. Was fine again next morning after being turned off however. Game was built in December '15

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I got some audio buzzing after the game was left on all day. Was fine again next morning after being turned off however. Game was built in December '15

That means they're not loading the code update that should be loaded on production games by now. It fixes that bug & the screen tearing. Contact Chicago Gaming and ask them for the update.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That means they're not loading the code update that should be loaded on production games by now. It fixes that bug & the screen tearing. Contact Chicago Gaming and ask them for the update.

I didn't know this. Txs rarehero

#291 8 years ago

I was thinking of putting black mirror blades in my game. Anyone done this with mmr? Best place to order from? Pinball decals? Pinball side mirrors? Other?

#292 8 years ago

In my MMR the gap between the playfield and the cabinet is very tight, do you have enough space for mirror blades?

#293 8 years ago

In case you're not watching the other thread, here's my experience with replacing panel speakers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr#post-2903719

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

In my MMR the gap between the playfield and the cabinet is very tight, do you have enough space for mirror blades?

not sure. I did however notice it looked super tight. was hoping to hear others experiences first.

#295 8 years ago

I have black mirror blades...no issues

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

was hoping to hear others experiences first.

No matter what game or manufacturer, they can all have differences.

If you don't have a little space between the sidewall and playfield, mirror blades won't fit.

LTG : )™

#297 8 years ago

Mirror blades fit on mine. No issues at all.

#298 8 years ago

Anyone else have a sharp / burred edge on the bottom of their lockdown bar? Ran a finger across mine and felt like it was going to cut me. I filed the edge a bit. Doesn't feel sharp anymore, but still doesn't feel as well made as a factory original, PBL repro, etc.

On a related note, I saw someone play a test game of MMR at Stern with the lockdown bar off. Side rail was so sharp it cut his thumb badly.

#299 8 years ago

I feel bad piling on the issues, since the game is mostly great, but the date & time credit dot appeared over the weekend. I've also seen a bit of screen tearing, so I opened a CGC ticket for the software update, per Lloyd's advice on the PPS forum.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

blades are not a problem. See post 50 and 51

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/6?hl=joeyitaliano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.