IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 204.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Will Sterns HD glass fit this machine?

Yup! It’s a standard glass and will fit perfectly.

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Of course. Standard size.

#3403 5 years ago

Got my MMr today and I am very happy with the build quality of this game. I’ve had 2 original MM before and this one looks and plays as good if not better than both of them. I had a fully restored McCune one too... The fit and finish is beautiful and the gameplay is solid and smooth. I see no issues after 5 quick games except for the need for the color chip.
I am looking for a way to disable the knocker, if anyone has any tricks.

2103DC4F-381A-44CD-B2EC-29B2C7F6A9EA (resized).jpeg2103DC4F-381A-44CD-B2EC-29B2C7F6A9EA (resized).jpeg

DEDBE182-849B-47F7-BDFD-73146537468F (resized).jpegDEDBE182-849B-47F7-BDFD-73146537468F (resized).jpeg

19B67F2F-0F72-40A8-8971-F0D8C6C46D76 (resized).jpeg19B67F2F-0F72-40A8-8971-F0D8C6C46D76 (resized).jpeg

298BEFAC-D1E4-4ED1-B2A6-3AC0075C6207 (resized).jpeg298BEFAC-D1E4-4ED1-B2A6-3AC0075C6207 (resized).jpeg

67D32E24-03B1-4FAD-B18A-B43E06C2A1AE (resized).jpeg67D32E24-03B1-4FAD-B18A-B43E06C2A1AE (resized).jpeg

37884901-CF81-4FDB-988E-98F3C02ECB47 (resized).jpeg37884901-CF81-4FDB-988E-98F3C02ECB47 (resized).jpeg

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Got my MMr today and I am very happy with the build quality of this game. I’ve had 2 original MM before and this one looks and plays as good if not better than both of them. I had a fully restored McCune one too... The fit and finish is beautiful and the gameplay is solid and smooth. I see no issues after 5 quick games except for the need for the color chip.

You can disconnect the cable going to it. It's a 2 pin molex.20180517_191454 (resized).jpg20180517_191454 (resized).jpg

#3405 5 years ago

Thanks, I’ll look and see where that goes, was hoping a software add in was in the game but that’s cool.

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

You can either pull the plug as suggested earlier, or do as I did and mount a switch on the back to turn it off at night....

Of course that means drilling a hole in the back though.....

switch (resized).jpgswitch (resized).jpg

#3407 5 years ago

Trying to decide if I want to buy a MMR or wait and find an original one have any of you guys owned both?If so which one did you sell or keep? Any thoughts. I am a big fan of the way 90's Bally/Williams stuff plays.

#3408 5 years ago

They play the same. MMR plays new.

#3409 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Trying to decide if I want to buy a MMR or wait and find an original one have any of you guys owned both?If so which one did you sell or keep? Any thoughts. I am a big fan of the way 90's Bally/Williams stuff plays.

I have both, I like the MMr better. Mostly because its new and plays like a new game.

#3410 5 years ago

Good info above on the MMR. I'd also recommend new but I like new. New is new and it makes a big difference compared to wear and tear in the now 20 year old original games. The originals also pre-date HUO for the most part. YMMV. Any MM that needs replacement parts will essentially be using MMR parts for cabinets, pfs's, art, mechs, etc; it's the same game in so may ways. And as many have noted, it plays the same. There's an MMR being routed and posted here with 14k plays now which is showing excellent longevity results. That amount of plays is not normal in HUO, even with long term ownership. It would be equivalent to playing the game twice a day every day for 20 years straight. MMR is a great game.

#3411 5 years ago

I've had both and to me there is nothing as fun in pinball as opening a brand new game in the box. The whole experience is fun for me and my family, the ordering, the shipment, the delivery, and then the setup and 1st time firing it up.
That being said the original is why this game was remade first, it's a great game, I just wanted a nib experience this time. It's a beautiful game and well done. Whatever you decide you will be happy.

#3412 5 years ago

I just got around to installing my tilt topper MMR topper. Can someone point me out to some directions, I think I misplaced some parts, it just has one long wire, and I do not know where to connect it
Thanks

#3413 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I’ve had both and as others have said, MMR feels like MM but new. That said they don’t play quite the same, my MMR is a ramp monster and you can slay dragons with impunity but the castle is lethal... where on my MM you needed to be dead accurate to make the damsel ramp without the ball returning to sender on you, but you could predictably hunt castles all day. I don’t blame that on it being a remake, but more it being newer and having snappier flippers. One cool thing I haven’t messed with is the flipper power adjustments which I just left on default.

#3414 5 years ago

I too have owned a MMr & MM. My MM is long gone (sold back around 2000) but I can assure anyone-MMr is the SAME game out of the box as MM.
That said, I prefer MMr since I don't have to worry about 20 y/o mechanics & electronics failing on me.

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I too have owned a MMr & MM. My MM is long gone (sold back around 2000) but I can assure anyone-MMr is the SAME game out of the box as MM.
That said, I prefer MMr since I don't have to worry about 20 y/o mechanics & electronics failing on me.

Plus adjustable coils etc.

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Yes

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’ve had both and as others have said, MMR feels like MM but new. That said they don’t play quite the same, my MMR is a ramp monster and you can slay dragons with impunity but the castle is lethal... where on my MM you needed to be dead accurate to make the damsel ramp without the ball returning to sender on you, but you could predictably hunt castles all day. I don’t blame that on it being a remake, but more it being newer and having snappier flippers. One cool thing I haven’t messed with is the flipper power adjustments which I just left on default.

Yea I turned mine down a tad also as the flippers on default make it too easy to make shots. The adjustments really make this game easy to dial in to your specific taste. I have a 6yr old and an 8yr old and they can both rock this game so its really friendly to new pinballers. I added a shaker motor and pinstadium lights w/ UV and the game is insane! I still haven't got to battle the kingdom mode yet never the less beat it, super close tonight actually, so the longevity is there also!

#3418 5 years ago

What’s your flipper settings for kids ? I have some friends kids that need ball control and I’m not sure what would benefit them

#3419 5 years ago

It’s official! I’M JOINING THE CLUB. Just sent PPS a check for MMr, hdcolor and shaker motor upgrade. Can’t wait!

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

It’s official! I’M JOINING THE CLUB. Just sent PPS a check for MMr, hdcolor and shaker motor upgrade. Can’t wait!

You will love it, but the rest of your pins might get ignored for a bit. It's that good.

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Droooolll

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Hahahaha, you weren’t kidding. Good to meet you today.

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hahahaha, you weren’t kidding. Good to meet you today.

Hey Dan! Maybe you can recommend a speaker upgrade? I hear MMr could use it...

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Hey Dan! Maybe you can recommend a speaker upgrade? I hear MMr could use it...

There is a post with how to do it, I’ll see if I can find it for you, but I used some Pyle 5.25 speakers that look almost like the ones CGC put in AFMR so it has a nice factory look, despite the fact that they’re bright yellow. I also put in a matching 6.5 inch cab speaker that I like so much I’ve dropped it in 2 other pins since.

#3425 5 years ago

Picked up my new MMr at the shipper’s platform Friday morning instead of waiting until Tuesday. It’s awesome. The flippers need some adjusting but the one minor problem that stands out is the ball launch to start a game. When the game tries to load the Ball from the trough, it oftentimes settles askew of the plunger resulting in a fail launch attempt. One time, the ball fell into the cabinet, so I know something must be off. Has anybody ever experienced this? I’ll take a pic of it later if that helps. It’s as if a guide is missing or something. Other than that, it’s fantastic.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Picked up my new MMr at the shipper’s platform Friday morning instead of waiting until Tuesday. It’s awesome. The flippers need some adjusting but the one minor problem that stands out is the ball launch to start a game. When the game tries to load the Ball from the trough, it oftentimes settles askew of the plunger resulting in a fail launch attempt. One time, the ball fell into the cabinet, so I know something must be off. Has anybody ever experienced this? I’ll take a pic of it later if that helps. It’s as if a guide is missing or something. Other than that, it’s fantastic.

Huh that’s weird. Let me know if you need pix or anything.

#3427 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

I’ll take a pic of it later if that helps.

Please do.

LTG : )

#3428 5 years ago

After comparing it to my other machines, it definitely appears that the ball guide is missing. I made my own which seems to be working now, but I would like to obtain the original part. Here’s some before and after pics:

ACF3A3A9-63D4-4E0C-BDEB-83ACBE6032C3 (resized).jpegACF3A3A9-63D4-4E0C-BDEB-83ACBE6032C3 (resized).jpeg

C8F547EB-2072-4C6D-BC1D-1C8D15490E3D (resized).jpegC8F547EB-2072-4C6D-BC1D-1C8D15490E3D (resized).jpeg

#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

but I would like to obtain the original part.

Go to Chicago-Gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the Help desk. Please include pictures of yours and of the part missing like above.

#3430 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go to Chicago-Gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the Help desk. Please include pictures of yours and of the part missing like above.

Will do. Thank you, Lloyd. : )

#3431 5 years ago

Hey guys my MMR LE makes a weird vibrating noise when I launch the ball or sometimes during the game. Does anyone know where I should start looking, and have suggestions for a fix? I hope someone else has experienced this too. Sounds like coming from the front of the machine near the launcher, not sure if its the glass itself or not.
Mo

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my MMR LE makes a weird vibrating noise when I launch the ball or sometimes during the game. Does anyone know where I should start looking, and have suggestions for a fix? I hope someone else has experienced this too. Sounds like coming from the front of the machine near the launcher, not sure if its the glass itself or not.
Mo

I.. I have to ask.
Did you have your shaker turned on?

#3433 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I.. I have to ask.
Did you have your shaker turned on?

I dont think its related to shaker.. because this comes and goes. and only happen when launching the ball. I thought I had it fixed by pressing on the coin door.. but nope.

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont think its related to shaker.. because this comes and goes. and only happen when launching the ball. I thought I had it fixed by pressing on the coin door.. but nope.

Glass rattling?

#3435 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

After comparing it to my other machines, it definitely appears that the ball guide is missing. I made my own which seems to be working now, but I would like to obtain the original part. Here’s some before and after pics:

Looks like you got shorted a post!

C3F91A6A-9144-47BB-AD4E-00F7EFBEDB38 (resized).jpegC3F91A6A-9144-47BB-AD4E-00F7EFBEDB38 (resized).jpeg

#3436 5 years ago

I think thats whats going on, how do I fix it?

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Anti rattle tape. Pinball Wizard has it and Pinball Pro has a different one. I used the Pinball Wizard one and after initially thinking it did not help I think it does make a definite difference. $25 with shipping.

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anti rattle tape. Pinball Wizard has it and Pinball Pro has a different one. I used the Pinball Wizard one and after initially thinking it did not help I think it does make a definite difference. $25 with shipping.

Ahh.. thanks!

MM

#3439 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looks like you got shorted a post!

How funny! My homemade guide looks cleaner! Haha. At least CGC will know I didn’t make this up. It’s a long weekend, so I don’t expect to hear from them until Tuesday. The game is playable so I’m not worried. I had to cut the opening up a little wider and now it works 100%. This game is so fun. Quite a bit tougher than the Pinball Arcade simulator. You can have a great game one time and then just an absolutely horrible one the next.

#3440 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

How funny! My homemade guide looks cleaner! Haha. At least CGC will know I didn’t make this up. It’s a long weekend, so I don’t expect to hear from them until Tuesday. The game is playable so I’m not worried. I had to cut the opening up a little wider and now it works 100%. This game is so fun. Quite a bit tougher than the Pinball Arcade simulator. You can have a great game one time and then just an absolutely horrible one the next.

Good job on a temporary workaround!

#3441 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Yeah, MM is just amazing. Back in the day I thought it was a cool game but kind of overrated. It wasn’t until I learned how it all worked that I realized how genius it was. And of course it’s hard to deny the art, theme, sound and just how fun bashing trolls and blowing up castles is.

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Good electrical tape along the edges of the glass is a good fix. Properly applied you don't see it.

They sell anti rattle tape. It's pricey but has slightly better adhesive on it maybe.

#3443 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

I found the same thing. Never play as consistently on my real game as I do on the simulator.

#3444 5 years ago

The biggest thing with the computer game is when you do a nudge, it is a perfectly predictable movement that you are going to get, and it is the same each and every time.... That obviously is not the case with the real game.....

My high, on the computer game, was about 990,000,000......

Real game, my high is a little over 812,000,000....

The computer game was great for learning the rules of the game.....

It's basically what led me to get the real game....

#3445 5 years ago

Do yourself a favor and buy a roll of this. It is amazing for everything pinball related.

J.V. Converting FELT-06/BLK07525 JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape, 1mm Thick, 75' Length x 3/4" Width, black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QDRRNE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yxXcBbH3PQ658

Uses:
Along the side and back board of your PF so it doesn't scratch your restored cab or blades.
The inside of your backbox hinges to stop them from scratching your rails.
Apply it to one surface and the edge of your glass for rattle protection.
Apply it to the inside corners of your LDB so it doesn't scratch your rails.

I've also found a million and one uses around the house including for my slide on towing mirrors so the inside doesn't scratch my painted mirrors.

All that and you get a whopping 75 feet for just 12 bucks.

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Do yourself a favor and buy a roll of this. It is amazing for everything pinball related.
J.V. Converting FELT-06/BLK07525 JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape, 1mm Thick, 75' Length x 3/4" Width, black amazon.com link »
Uses:
Along the side and back board of your PF so it doesn't scratch your restored cab or blades.
I've also found a million and one uses around the house including for my slide on towing mirrors so the inside doesn't scratch my painted mirrors.

Man great idea I will try this thanks!

#3447 5 years ago

+2 just ordered some. Looked on eBay for a better deal, none to be had.

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mo

I had the same issue and it turned out the glass was not pushed all the way in. Check that before trying the anti rattle tape

#3449 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

J.V. Converting FELT-06/BLK07525 JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape, 1mm Thick, 75' Length x 3/4" Width, black amazon.com link »
Uses:

Bought It gracias!

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bought It gracias!

No problem! I've been using it for over 10 years and am on my third roll.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/69?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.