Topic Stats

• 4,713 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 95.
#3351 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No way that’s $1k! If it is they will sell less than 10.

I agree that $1k is nuts. What would everyone be willing to spend on this? I'd go $500

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree that $1k is nuts. What would everyone be willing to spend on this? I'd go $500

No where close to $500 for me. You can get a pretty sweet tv for 500 bones!

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No where close to $500 for me. You can get a pretty sweet tv for 500 bones

VERY good point.

#3354 1 year ago

it is a special stretched/cutted display from Korea

used for digital signage

i was in contact with them, its very expensive, and of course it looks great

so lets see what they will offer

#3355 1 year ago

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

#3356 1 year ago

I think this upgrade will include speaker panel, speakers, display, harness to attach to beaglebone and possibly some sort of display driver/power board. Not to mention additional software and scalers to make everything compatible. I can see this thing being $800-1000. You can't compare it to a tv that is being made in the hundreds of thousands. I'm with Neil, take my money!!!

#3357 1 year ago

Do I THINK it's worth $1k? No.

Do I WANT to spend $1k on a mod like this? No.

Is there any possibility that I will be skipping this mod? Hell No!!

#3358 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I just donated some $ to pinside because this site rules. And thanks to everyone for chirping in some solutions.. MM is the best game ever made!

I haven’t been in the mmr thread much lately, but I love hearing stories like this

I love the forum too. The help and experience on here is amazing

#3359 1 year ago

Does anyone sell the logo for the regular speaker panel still? Not trying to pose but that blank space does kind of annoy me. Even better would be if someone made art for it. I never got why Williams went away from the cool speaker panels in the early 90s to the blank plastic ones later on.

#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Does anyone sell the logo for the regular speaker panel still?

Williams didn't use a decal. I don't know if any are available.

The whole panel is : http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-10382-7A-1

LTG : )

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Williams didn't use a decal. I don't know if any are available.
The whole panel is : http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-10382-7A-1

Rick is supposed to have them in gold or chrome in stock.

#3362 1 year ago

A hundred bucks huh? Guess it doesn’t annoy me that much, lol.

#3363 1 year ago

I saw a sticker some where.....

Must of been out of country or something I can’t find it

#3364 1 year ago

The license holder actively hunts down anyone selling anything with Williams on it including stickers so that they can sell more $100 speaker panels.

#3365 1 year ago

They own the license. They paid for it. If you had paid for it, you’d protect your IP, too. Silly to equate it to anything else.

#3366 1 year ago

Trying to make the game easier for guests and my wife to play, so wanted to get some suggestions.

I tried putting it to 5 ball, but the game rules change a bit. Castle MB now requires two hits on each to start, and the EB after the second castle is gone.

Is there any way to put it back to 3 ball, and maybe have an EB handed out in increments of 30 million? So an extra ball at 30M, 60M, 90M, etc...?

#3367 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Trying to make the game easier for guests and my wife to play, so wanted to get some suggestions.
I tried putting it to 5 ball, but the game rules change a bit. Castle MB now requires two hits on each to start, and the EB after the second castle is gone.
Is there any way to put it back to 3 ball, and maybe have an EB handed out in increments of 30 million? So an extra ball at 30M, 60M, 90M, etc...?

If you have guests getting to 30 million with a 3 ball game, do they really need help from the normal setup?

#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If you have guests getting to 30 million with a 3 ball game, do they really need help from the normal setup?

I want my wife to reach BFTK, but likely not going to happen on 3 ball...

#3369 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I haven't tried it, but in the adjustments area, I think you can set all the parameters you want....

Just go through the whole menu, and set everything to what you want...

#3370 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

I haven't tried it, but in the adjustments area, I think you can set all the parameters you want....
Just go through the whole menu, and set everything to what you want...

Went through it, but couldn't find where you set the incremental EBs.

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Went through it, but couldn't find where you set the incremental EBs.

Put A1 06 on "fixed"

From what you said you want

A1 09 at 30,000,000

A1 10 at 60,000,000

A1 11 at 90,000,000

A1 12 at 105,000,000 that's the highest it will go....

A1 13 set to "off"

A1 14 set to "extra ball"

That should do what you want

#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Put A1 06 on "fixed"
From what you said you want
A1 09 at 30,000,000
A1 10 at 60,000,000
A1 11 at 90,000,000
A1 12 at 105,000,000 that's the highest it will go....
A1 13 set to "off"
A1 14 set to "extra ball"
That should do what you want

Awesome, thanks!

#3373 1 year ago

Grand Champion? Meaning over 52,000,000? Congrats..

No. Madness champion. Starting every multiball madness at once. And got 38,000,000 just for multiball mode. Got to put my initials in for madness champ only. Still haven't beat my old grand champ score of
$198,000,000

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

No. Madness champion. Starting every multiball madness at once. And got 38,000,000 just for multiball mode. Got to put my initials in for madness champ only. Still haven't beat my old grand champ score of
$198,000,000

Was your old grand champ score in Canadian Dollars or US dollars?

#3375 1 year ago

Hello
Anyone have instruccions cards in pdf of medieval remake

Send me please, hunico@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

$198,000,000

I never knew that. Is that normal, if you get Royal Madness before you ever got am individual madness, the scores are multiplied enough to get 38,000,000? Did you have to complete Royal Madness to get that score?

#3377 1 year ago

I never knew that. Is that normal, if you get Royal Madness before you ever got am individual madness, the scores are multiplied enough to get 38,000,000? Did you have to complete Royal Madness to get that score?

You can’t get Royal Madness before playing a multiball madness. Royal madness comes after all madnesses are lit and you’ve played multiball madness once. He is taking about lighting all the madness lights before starting it, thus boosting the jackpot values for all shots. Royal Madness is immediately lit after that multiball ends.

#3378 1 year ago

You can't get Royal Madness until you have done one madness....anywhere from 1 to 5 of the madnesses lit .... or should that be madi.....

Completing Royal Madness should get you an extra ball.....

The more madnesses you have lit when you start multiball, it increases the level of the jackpots....

With all five lit, the super jackpot is 1M..... A double Super jackpot (the lock shot) would be worth 2M....

You can really pile on the points during a five light madness.....

My record is 41,000,000

#3379 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

You can't get Royal Madness until you have done one madness....anywhere from 1 to 5 of the madnesses lit .... or should that be madi.....
Completing Royal Madness should get you an extra ball.....
The more madnesses you have lit when you start multiball, it increases the level of the jackpots....
With all five lit, the super jackpot is 1M..... A double Super jackpot (the lock shot) would be worth 2M....
You can really pile on the points during a five light madness.....
My record is 41,000,000

So does it go from all 5 lit madness multiball straight into royal madness when you drain them all or do you have to then hit the merlin hole again to get the Royal Madness one ball? Thanks in advance.

#3380 1 year ago

You will need to hit the Merlin shot to start Royal Madness...

#3381 1 year ago

So does it go from all 5 lit madness multiball straight into royal madness when you drain them all or do you have to then hit the merlin hole again to get the Royal Madness one ball? Thanks in advance.

Yeah once you are down to one ball. Or start a new ball. if you hit Merlin it will start royal madness.

#3382 1 year ago

If you start (and complete) multiball madness with less than 5 lit, then light 1 or more madness lights, is it possible to start multiball madness again? I haven’t figured out a way to do it yet, but maybe I’m just suck.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Jargus:

If you start (and complete) multiball madness with less than 5 lit, then light 1 or more madness lights, is it possible to start multiball madness again? I haven’t figured out a way to do it yet, but maybe I’m just suck.

I've only seen the hurry up castle hit award given in that case.

#3384 1 year ago

Once you start a madness with less than 5 lit, that's it..... until you do a Royal Madness. You basically get 1 chance to lite as many madnesses as you can for each round.....

If you don't lite all 5 madnesses before starting multiball, then see below.....

You need to light the rest of the lights, do a Royal Madness, and after Royal Madness ends, you start over with a clean slate, as far as the madnesses are concerned

What I like to do is try and get the start trolls light, and the other 4 madnesses....Its easier to beat the trolls with 3 balls flying around as opposed to 1 ball.....
( of course it doesn't always work out like that )

Then when you beat the trolls, it lights the troll madness light, and you basically start the madness again, with all 5 lit..... and 4 balls....
At this point, don't go for points until you are the master of trolls.....focus on the trolls first....so you get the blue light for BFTK...

#3385 1 year ago

I guess I can stop looking for a way to do it then.

Thanks for the confirmation.

#3386 1 year ago

I'm in! Such a fun game but man what a tease having the splash screen with the HD graphics but then having the original dots during actual gameplay.

IMG_1886 (resized).JPG

IMG_1882 (resized).JPG

#3387 1 year ago

Sounds like you need to purchase the color chip.

Graphics should look like this:

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

. IT would pain me not to upgrade.. but at 1k it feels crazy.

#3389 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Sounds like you need to purchase the color chip.
Graphics should look like this:
» YouTube video

Yeah, hard for us to stomach putting more money into this game. Maybe the XL will be enticing enough when it's finally announced!

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Yeah, hard for us to stomach putting more money into this game. Maybe the XL will be enticing enough when it's finally announced!

Pretty sure the large screen still requires the color chip so may as well suck it up.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No way that’s $1k! If it is they will sell less than 10.

color screen 450-550 (yes mental but low volume custom..)
new speaker panel 100
new speakers 70
software development ?
packaging 30
margin ?

not hard to see how it would be that high.

Neil.

#3392 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

I sent Doug Skor a few questions yesterday for more information about the larger screens for MMr. Per usual, Doug was quick to respond. Below are my two questions and his response.

Hi Doug,

1. I'm not sure if you will be making more runs on Standard MMr, but if you do, will any of those remakes include the larger screen?
2. If they aren't included, do you know what the pricing will be to buy the larger screens separately?

From Doug:

Thank you for your interest in our larger screen.

1. At some point I am sure we will align the MMR to the SE and CE models that we have for AFMR and our soon to be released Pin #3. We recently built MMR’s and will again at the very end of 18; however they will be the same.
2. In regards to pricing, we have not yet released this information and your dealer will be the only source to obtain it. However, the pricing of the new game and or the kit will put no buyer in any worse situation even if they purchased the MMR’s when they were first introduced. The color kit will be sold separately from the larger display / speaker panel. There is no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.

I hope this helps.

Doug Skor
Vice President
Chicago Gaming Company

#3393 1 year ago

I know you guys love your color screens and your (slightly larger) screens but personally I focus on playing the game and spend 99% of the time looking at the playfield. I just don’t see the value myself in either of those options. The worst part about the upgrade is you can’t do anything with the old screen...

That being said I still predict it sells like hot cakes regardless of price. It seems to me well over half of MMr buyers get the color chip so people certainly do really care about these upgrades. Everyone just grumbles a little louder while they open their wallet.

#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I still predict it sells like hot cakes regardless of price

I'm curious to see if you're right.
I got the color upgrade, but it was only $200 for LE owners. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it for $400. Definitely wouldn't have paid an extra grand... But it seems so many people in this hobby just have money to burn.

If the color upgrade is still going to be separate from the larger screen, I can't see how it's under $1k for both. My guess (based on nothing but my naive intuition) is the screen upgrade will be $600, the color will still be $400 (so $1k to upgrade from SE to large color screen), and they will produce a new batch of machines that come with the new screen and color for $1,000 higher price tag.
This way nobody feels like they got ripped off.

#3395 1 year ago

Having a few minor issues that I was wondering about.

-What flipper settings should I use and is it possible to backhand either ramp? Currently set to +1 and it does not feel exactly like williams like.

-My catapult is a little wonky occasionally. Sometimes it does not fire hard enough and ball rolls up and sort of falls off into the top of the castle and gets wedged between wireframe and castle (glass off to get ball lose). Other times it hits at good speed and sort of catches that hanging metal bracket on back right side of castle left ramp. This sort of slows the speed of the ball and looks silly. The other half of the time it seems fine. Currently set to +1 because when it was at default it could not launch if two balls got in launcher at same time.

-Should my drawbridge be hitting castle when it closes or should have like a centimeter gap? Mine closes but not all the way but not sure if this is normal or a easy fix.

-When exiting the pops the ball mainly goes down and hits the top of the right slingshot plastic and heads towards the left flipper. I normally can control it but every time I played a old mmr I remember the ball going down to right flipper, same thing on the pinball arcade. Minor quibble but seems wrong and game is leveled very well front to back of machine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from Adams:

This way nobody feels like they got ripped off.

Oh everyone is getting ripped off if they end up paying $600 for a slightly larger LCD (which is a price we are speculating on but I bet is a good guess)... it is just that no one got more ripped off compared to another.

I don’t fault CGC. There is a market and a desire and they absolutely should fill it.

#3397 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Oh everyone is getting ripped off if they end up paying $600 for a slightly larger LCD (which is a price we are speculating on but I bet is a good guess)... it is just that no one got more ripped off compared to another.
I don’t fault CGC. There is a market and a desire and they absolutely should fill it.

Im a buyer for the new LE version when it comes out. The larger hd display Rocks!

I'm selling my huo mm to get the new game.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

-My catapult is a little wonky occasionally. Sometimes it does not fire hard enough and ball rolls up and sort of falls off into the top of the castle and gets wedged between wireframe and castle (glass off to get ball lose).

Up by the castle you can loosen and adjust the catapult wireform left or right, and in CGC menu make the catapult stronger or weaker. I'd play with that stuff.

Quoted from starbase:

-Should my drawbridge be hitting castle when it closes or should have like a centimeter gap? Mine closes but not all the way but not sure if this is normal or a easy fix.

Hangs open a bit.

Quoted from starbase:

-When exiting the pops the ball mainly goes down and hits the top of the right slingshot plastic and heads towards the left flipper. I normally can control it but every time I played a old mmr I remember the ball going down to right flipper, same thing on the pinball arcade. Minor quibble but seems wrong and game is leveled very well front to back of machine.

Adjust the bracket/gate thing that diverts it to aim things better.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up by the castle you can loosen and adjust the catapult wireform left or right, and in CGC menu make the catapult stronger or weaker. I'd play with that stuff.

Hangs open a bit.

Adjust the bracket/gate thing that diverts it to aim things better.

I have +1 on the catapult solenoid setting in order to clear 2 balls that got in there simultaneously during multiball.

#3400 1 year ago

Will Sterns HD glass fit this machine?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside