Topic Stats

• 4,734 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 250 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 95.
#3251 1 year ago

My Pinstadium lights arrived today and I installed them in my MMr. This game is relatively dark and benefits hugely from these lights. After seeing them in person st TPF I knew immediately that I had to order some. I’m generally not much of a mod guy (except for PDI glass) but the Pinstadium lights make such an amazing difference I consider them a must if you really want to enjoy your game to its fullest. The phone app is awesome giving you total control over brightness and colors. Scott’s customer service is terrific. If I can install these anyone can.
B8D9C785-EB4C-4A0E-96B3-4201994B357C (resized).jpeg
CA682DED-CD3C-497A-94CC-833E4092E6B5 (resized).jpeg

#3252 1 year ago

Hi MMr owners,
I have matching serial number MMrLe and AFMRLE. I love MMr and will keep it forever. Afm just doesn’t have the staying power for me, I think. I’m beginning to consider selling it, but hate to break up the matched set. So I got wondering if there is anyone out there who has a MMrLE and missed the matching number AFMrLE and wants to consider a partial trade (my matched set for your MMrLE plus cash). It would have to be a Huo MMr gold because I have and love gold. Both mine are HUO. Just throwing it out there. If not, I might keep afm.

#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two things I'd check. The troll carriage has the top metal box and a collar pressed into it. If that joint comes apart can cause binding.
The other thing to check is the long plunger inside the coil that pushes the troll carriage up. It is two pieces, held together by a roll pin. If that roll pin creeps out, it will drag on the inside of the coil sleeve. Also see if the coil sleeve is cracked or broken.
LTG : )

It was indeed the pin that holds the two pieces together. Shout out to Nitro Pinball for getting this fixed up for me. Awesome company to buy from.

#3254 1 year ago

What a great game......set a new high today.....

best numbers to date.......

High score 409,378,860
Madness Champ 39,550,000
Troll Champ 32
Peasant Champ 10
Damsel Champ 8
Catapult Champ 7
Joust Champ 9
Castle Champ 12

#3255 1 year ago

Who’s got an original MM they want to trade me for my HUO CV? I just posted it in the market.

#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Who’s got an original MM they want to trade me for my HUO CV? I just posted it in the market.

You posted in the MMr club... so likely not many here.

#3257 1 year ago

Hey guys I'm totally new to MMR never really played the game in the past...

Anyways from my understanding (I could be wrong) when the gate opens - is it just 1 shot to make the castle collapse?

Sometimes I'm having to shoot the ball through the gate into the castle around 3 times to cause the castle to collapse.

I've also noticed at times when I shoot through the left wall it doesn't say ball 1 locked etc..
Do you have to activate ball lock first for it to take affect?

Just unboxed mine yesterday. They've done such an amazing job!

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Anyways from my understanding (I could be wrong) when the gate opens - is it just 1 shot to make the castle collapse?
Sometimes I'm having to shoot the ball through the gate into the castle around 3 times to cause the castle to collapse.

It should just take one shot...you might have a flakey switch or it’s not registering for some reason.

Quoted from Riffbear:

I've also noticed at times when I shoot through the left wall it doesn't say ball 1 locked etc..

For your first castle multiball you don’t have to light the locks...each shot to the hidden entrance should lock a ball (3 total). However, if you have just triggered the castle entrance optos (by hitting the gate) and then hit the secret entrance it won’t count as it thinks the ball came in the other entrance. It’s a known “glitch”. The second time trying for Castle multiball requires an extra shot to light each lock (takes six total).

#3259 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys I'm totally new to MMR never really played the game in the past...
Just unboxed mine yesterday. They've done such an amazing job!

For each castle n, it is n times to open the drawbridge and n+ 1 to open the gate. First castle is 1 hit opens the drawbridge, 2 more open the gate, and the next ball in explodes the castle. Sometimes a lock ball shot (left wall as you say) will count as a castle hit, and if you've already achieved the castle multiball, it takes 2 lock shots to light an award lock. Sometimes a lock shot will not register if you have a switch issue.

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It should just take one shot...you might have a flakey switch or it’s not registering for some reason.

Ive just had a look and can't seem to see a switch behind the gate besides in the green moat. It looks like theres Opto's at the Door entrance?

What exactly triggers the castle to collapse?

#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

What exactly triggers the castle to collapse?

It needs to trip the opto and then the switch in the moat. Lock is just switch.

#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It needs to trip the opto and then the switch in the moat. Lock is just switch.

Ok thanks. I just worked it out.. Its the switch in the moat. Mines not centred properly and sometimes the ball passes to the left of it and misses the switch!
Tried to adjust it to no avail

That too is the reason why I sometimes don't get ball locks when hitting through the left wall.

photo_2018-04-20_08-42-51 (resized).jpg

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok thanks. I just worked it out.. Its the switch in the moat. Mines not centred properly and sometimes the ball passes to the left of it and misses the switch!
Tried to adjust it to no avail

That too is the reason why I sometimes don't get ball locks when hitting through the left wall.

No problem. I have this happen every once in awhile but not very often. Open a ticket with CGC for help, Lloyd and Arturo are awesome and they will get you squared away in no time.

#3264 1 year ago

No problem. I have this happen every once in awhile but not very often. Open a ticket with CGC for help, Lloyd and Arturo are awesome and they will get you squared away in no time.

I did and Lloyd said to adjust the switch..
Have written him back letting him know its not working.

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I did and Lloyd said to adjust the switch..
Have written him back letting him know its not working.

Since that did not help he will probably escalate issue to engineering. You will then most likely hear from Arturo next. I have had a few issues that have all been solved quickly.

#3266 1 year ago

Since that did not help he will probably escalate issue to engineering. You will then most likely hear from Arturo next. I have had a few issues that have all been solved quickly.

All good! I just fixed it!

I had to bend the switch a certain way to make it actually hit the button. So thats what the issue was.. It wasn't pushing down on the switch button under the wire..

Uuuurgh been years since I've had to do any of this stuff..
Its all flooding back now.. GET ME OUT OF HERE! hahaha.

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

All good! I just fixed it!

AWESOME! Now go play the crap out of it!

#3268 1 year ago

AWESOME! Now go play the crap out of it!

IT FEELS LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME! I NO LONGER HAVE TO GET THE BALL INTO THE CASTLE 3 OR SO TIMES TO MAKE IT COLLAPSE!

*Just a wee excited*

#3269 1 year ago

I just donated some $ to pinside because this site rules. And thanks to everyone for chirping in some solutions.. MM is the best game ever made!

#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I just donated some $ to pinside because this site rules. And thanks to everyone for chirping in some solutions.. MM is the best game ever made!

Agreed on all counts.

#3271 1 year ago

Hello,

I'm seeing a strange issue with my MMr lately. I have it set so it awards an extra ball instead of a replay. I have the score set to 26,000,000 to award the extra ball. However, sometimes it gets reset to 46,000,000 without me doing anything to the machine. This happens about once every 2 weeks at seemingly random times. Then, when I go to change the score back, it still shows up that the target score is 26,000,000 in the settings menu, yet the game still requires you to get 46,000,000 before it awards an extra ball. The way I've fixed this is changing the score to 27,000,000 and then changing it back to 26,000,000. Does anybody know what could cause this to happen? Is this some sort of software bug?

Thanks!

#3272 1 year ago

the machine will make the replay value higher if you keep getting it, its so that on location people don't get too many free games.

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from jallen3095:

Does anybody know what could cause this to happen?

Something in ajustments set to auto percentage.

#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Something in ajustments set to auto percentage.

It’s either

A.1 05 REPLAY SYSTEM
or
A.1 13 REPLAY BOOST
or a combination of both

If you want the same all the time with no changes, I believe you set 05 to “FIXED” and 13 to “OFF”.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from jallen3095:

Hello,
I'm seeing a strange issue with my MMr lately. I have it set so it awards an extra ball instead of a replay. I have the score set to 26,000,000 to award the extra ball. However, sometimes it gets reset to 46,000,000 without me doing anything to the machine. This happens about once every 2 weeks at seemingly random times. Then, when I go to change the score back, it still shows up that the target score is 26,000,000 in the settings menu, yet the game still requires you to get 46,000,000 before it awards an extra ball. The way I've fixed this is changing the score to 27,000,000 and then changing it back to 26,000,000. Does anybody know what could cause this to happen? Is this some sort of software bug?
Thanks!

How do you set an extra ball instead of replay score? Does the knocker still go off and knighted video shown still?

#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How do you set an extra ball instead of replay score?

See picture right above your post. A.1 14 Replay Award

#3277 1 year ago

How do you set an extra ball instead of replay score? Does the knocker still go off and knighted video shown still?

Yes just set the replay award to extra ball like Lloyd said. And yes the knocker goes off and the knighting video still plays. Thank you all for your help!

#3278 1 year ago

Note that if you set "Replay" award to an Extra Ball, the knocker will fire *every time you get an extra ball* - not just for replay. (In case that matters.. some people don't like hearing the knocker that often..)

#3279 1 year ago

Has anyone got any tips to try and turn my household OFF in playing MMR?

Man they will not stop playing it! Such a winner!

#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Has anyone got any tips to try and turn my household OFF in playing MMR?
Man they will not stop playing it! Such a winner!

Swap out the translite for a GOTG one?

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Note that if you set "Replay" award to an Extra Ball, the knocker will fire *every time you get an extra ball* - not just for replay. (In case that matters.. some people don't like hearing the knocker that often..)

That is not true..... It only activates the knocker at the replay level awards....not at other extra balls, suck as the 2nd castle, or the Hurry up EB, or if you complete Royal Madness.... etc....

But I agree about the knocker.... I put in a switch so I can turn it off when I play at night.....Switch is mounted on the back of machine.....

#3282 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

That is not true..... It only activates the knocker at the replay level awards....not at other extra balls, suck as the 2nd castle, or the Hurry up EB, or if you complete Royal Madness.... etc....

May want to check that. On WPC and WPC-S games, it does. The only WPC-95 game I had was CV, and it did on there as well. Unless PPS/CGC made changes to the base OS, I assumed the same for MM..

#3283 1 year ago

New to the MMr club. Just picked up a NIB MMrLE#99 yesterday at the PatZ show in Michigan!

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Swap out the translite for a GOTG one?

Haha!

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

But I agree about the knocker.... I put in a switch so I can turn it off when I play at night.....Switch is mounted on the back of machine.....

I unplugged mine. I wish the software let you disable it like most other games... but I don’t like knockers. Wakes people up at night!

#3286 1 year ago

Easy to put in a switch for the knocker.....
Turn it off at night, and I'm good to go.....

20180422_205559 (resized).jpg

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

The knocker wakes people up, but playing the game doesn’t??

Solenoids are loud!

#3288 1 year ago

Yup......

The machine is in the room farthest from the master bedroom.....
You can't hear the mechanical noise, or the speakers, but you can hear the knocker....

But during the day I usually turn it on....

New trolls record today...... 47......... that's gonna be tough to beat...

#3289 1 year ago

Its funny you guys are mentioning the knocker.
My mother who is in her mid 70's plays it allot, and every time it goes off she literally almost has a heart attack.. Hmmm now maybe thats one way of getting one person in the household off the game! hehe *jokes*

#3290 1 year ago

I was testing my new arcade room that I've built for sound proofing. I put in a lot of insulation 100mm thick and 200mm on the roof (which is building regulations now here in the UK). I put all the machines onto burn in mode and stood outside (was also testing the power wouldn't trip during a tourney). The knocker is the only real clear sound you can make out . Everything else was a bit of a fade around a vague musical hum and the odd BATMAN being sung by Batman '66. From a few meters the only sound you can hear is the knocker. Downside of modern insulation is that it zaps any cell signal!

My MMR is still the only machine I've not had to work on other than to put in the colour chip and cliffies. It has been bullet proof, really pleased I got it.

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from Sam40:

I really like the switch idea a lot.
I think I'm going to try it out.
Right now I just unplug the knocker because it freaks out the cat.

#3292 1 year ago

This is the one that I used..... works very well....

amazon.com link »

#3293 1 year ago

Hoping to join this club this week on a one owner LE. Cannot find any reason not to purchase this title and it sure seems like a keeper.

I thoought I read somewhere ages ago that the LE had a second clear coat or extra protection to the playfield. This true or even worth it?

p.s. I said I would buy no mods this time other then toppers and I am already 100% sure I need pinstadium in all my games, damn you pinside. I mean hug you pinside.

#3294 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

Hoping to join this club this week on a one owner LE. Cannot find any reason not to purchase this title and it sure seems like a keeper.
I thoought I read somewhere ages ago that the LE had a second clear coat or extra protection to the playfield. This true or even worth it?
p.s. I said I would buy no mods this time other then toppers and I am already 100% sure I need pinstadium in all my games, damn you pinside. I mean hug you pinside.

Same playfield on all games.
The LE should come with an amazing topper, the SE and classic does not.

#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The LE should come with an amazing topper, the SE and classic does not.

MMR doesn't come with a topper.

#3296 1 year ago

Joined the club after a 10 hour drive yesterday. LE #188 with only 68 plays! Absolutely perfect condition, cliffys since new. Laseriffic topper and stadium lights ordered today

919896FD-3771-48B4-89DE-EF2305A7B801 (resized).jpeg

367DF868-5137-4194-8567-12E707B98324 (resized).jpeg

#3297 1 year ago

My god 68 plays, that is basically virginal. Congrats, gorgeous even in gold.

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really like the switch idea a lot.
I think I'm going to try it out.
Right now I just unplug the knocker because it freaks out the cat.

I didn't realize you cab just unplug the knocker. I'm going to do that. I tried putting some drop dead foam on the striker plate but that didn't help too much with dampening the noise.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

My god 68 plays, that is basically virginal. Congrats, gorgeous even in gold.

I have a hard time believing people spend $8500 and use a game so little. I think software updates reset the totals. Let’s be honest - can we really tell the difference between a game with 300 - 500 games and one with 68? Probably not. I’m not trying to knock on the buyer as I’m sure he got a great deal on a beautiful game but I would still take the counter with a grain of salt.

How many Simpsons Pinball parties have sold on here with less than 500 games? If you believe the sellers/counters - roughly 10% of them.

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have a hard time believing people spend $8500 and use a game so little. I think software updates reset the totals. Let’s be honest - can we really tell the difference between a game with 300 - 500 games and one with 68? Probably not. I’m not trying to knock on the buyer as I’m sure he got a great deal on a beautiful game but I would still take the counter with a grain of salt.
How many Simpsons Pinball parties have sold on here with less than 500 games? If you believe the sellers/counters - roughly 10% of them.

Very true. To me, a couple hundred plays makes no difference. But, I’m pretty sure this one was legitamate at 68 as I had to show the seller how to run audits

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside