IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 204.
#3101 6 years ago

Noticed that as my ball made its way into the castle, it was occasionally getting rejected. Couldn't see what was causing it during gameplay, so I took it apart and found a couple of issues.

Here's the first. The floor decal piece has raised up on one corner, and the ball catches this edge causing rejects.

Wondering if I should try to take it out and bend it back into position, or if I should be looking to get a new part?

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 3.48.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-02 at 3.48.52 AM (resized).png

#3102 6 years ago

The second problem is the rear part of the gate frame completely fell off. I'm not sure it was welded or glued, so I'm not sure how I should approach trying to fix it. Also, I'm not certain if it is supposed to be aligned with the front frame or if you just drop in down it will sit lower while resting under the pf as shown in the pics.

Either way, it will have to be reattached, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

IMG_20180302_023427 (resized).jpgIMG_20180302_023427 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180302_023448 (resized).jpgIMG_20180302_023448 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180302_023605 (resized).jpgIMG_20180302_023605 (resized).jpg

#3103 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

I literally took the levelers out of the back ones and had the front ones up around three inches to get the game level.

This sounds like an odd problem... wonder if something in your cabinet was assembled wrong? Weird.

Do you have pics of your playfield relative to your cabinet that you can post? And when you say "to get the game level", what exactly are you trying to level? I'm assuming you are trying to level something front to back, but not sure what I would set my level on to check this. Or are you referring to the 6.5deg that you're trying to achieve on the playfield?

All in all, it sounds like a difficult situation and I'm sure others are eager to hear the solution as much as I am.

#3104 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The second problem is the rear part of the gate frame completely fell off. I'm not sure it was welded or glued, so I'm not sure how I should approach trying to fix it. Also, I'm not certain if it is supposed to be aligned with the front frame or if you just drop in down it will sit lower while resting under the pf as shown in the pics.
Either way, it will have to be reattached, so does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

This is not a recommendation, but if want something to never come apart again consider JB Weld.

#3105 6 years ago

I wonder if this could be related my friction gate problem. I’ll have to inspect further.

#3106 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wondering if I should try to take it out and bend it back into position,

Easy bend/fix.

Quoted from Damien:

so does anyone have any suggestions?

Under warranty, open a ticket to get a new one.

Quoted from paynemic:

I wonder if this could be related my friction gate problem. I’ll have to inspect further.

Gently bend the gap in the frame open a tiny bit. Don't over do it.

LTG : )

#3107 6 years ago

I've had mine for a couple weeks now, love it... nothing major though the Battle for the Kingdom doesn't always result in four ball Multiball. Sometimes it's only giving two balls. A lot of the time 3+ Multiball Madness only gives 2 balls as well. Anything I should look at for this?

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from Smokezz:

Anything I should look at for this?

Two things.

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough good. New balls. Unmagnetize them. Or this cures it too :

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=93543C0875FABC755D42D07BD60E21B1.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=03-6809

The plunger that kicks the ball up and out to the shooter lane. It may be a tiny bit too high, and stopping the balls from rolling into position. The plunger/coil is mounted to a bracket that is secured to the end of the ball trough. Four screws on the end can be loosened and the whole coil bracket can move up or down. Just a tiny bit. Too much or too little and it won't kick good.

#3109 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two things.
Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough good. New balls. Unmagnetize them. Or this cures it too :
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=93543C0875FABC755D42D07BD60E21B1.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=03-6809
The plunger that kicks the ball up and out to the shooter lane. It may be a tiny bit too high, and stopping the balls from rolling into position. The plunger/coil is mounted to a bracket that is secured to the end of the ball trough. Four screws on the end can be loosened and the whole coil bracket can move up or down. Just a tiny bit. Too much or too little and it won't kick good.

It's a NIB machine, so definitely new balls in it. I'll check both.

#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two things.

I did an Empty Balls, and watched.. when there are 3 or 4 balls in there they fall all the way to the end of the trough. When it gets down to 2, the majority of the time the ball doesn't quite fall to the end so it doesn't get fired out. I looked at the plunger, and it's not high enough to stop the balls from what I can tell but I'll try moving it down a slight bit.

#3111 6 years ago

i will get some speaker grills again in about 10 days

send me a PM if you are interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-speskergrill

#3112 6 years ago

Hey guys, just a heads up that Ball Baron is doing a two day special for MMR owners.

Get 20 Ninja pinballs, the shiniest ball on the planet, for $25 (normally $39).

1. Add 20 Ninja balls to your cart:
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2. Apply coupon code "mmrmadness" at checkout. Enjoy!

Offer expires Tues 3/6/18.

#3113 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys, just a heads up that Ball Baron is doing a two day special for MMR owners.

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Order in!

#3114 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the warranty is for MMR LEs?

Is it two years? Is it parts and service?

#3115 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Well, shoot...just bought 50 yesterday with the free novelty ball.

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I forget; but open a ticket for the parts you need and see how it goes.

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/CGC_Warranty_Card_Pinball.pdf

MMR isn't the same as the AFMR's, where each model is different.

#3118 6 years ago

I just had a flipper return spring break in my MMR after about a month. $0.50 each, but $7 shipping. Any other common consumables I should pick up while I'm there?

Alternately, I could file a ticket and have CGC send me a new one, but it might be nice to have any non-warranty consumables on hand.

#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I just had a flipper return spring break in my MMR

You can fix your spring.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#3120 6 years ago

Yep, did that, but it broke maybe 1/2" down the more tightly coiled part. Works okay, might be a bit more tension than standard. Probably fine.

#3121 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I tried this today (3/6/18) and it said coupon has already expired. Typically when it says coupon expires on a certain day, it means the last day that it can be used. Did I really miss that it would be expiring 3/5/18 instead?

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I tried this today (3/6/18) and it said coupon has already expired. Typically when it says coupon expires on a certain day, it means the last day that it can be used. Did I really miss that it would be expiring 3/5/18 instead?

Try it again. Apparently it was set to expire today in the am rather than 11:59pm. It's fixed.

#3123 6 years ago

Had my best game of pinball ever last week!

I got about 50 million on ball 1, plus a couple of extra balls. Next ball took me all the way to BFTK, where I just missed it by a shot or two.

Then lost a few balls to sloppy play, and picked up a couple of extra balls. Got 1 shot away from starting BFTK for a second time!

Funny thing is, the right flipper button popped off in the middle of the game, and I was lucky enough to trap the ball on the left, so I could find it under the machine and slip it back in.

Medieval Madness is definitely the greatest game ever made!

MVIMG_20180306_184350 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180306_184350 (resized).jpg

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Try it again. Apparently it was set to expire today in the am rather than 11:59pm. It's fixed.

I had the same problem when I tried it yesterday. I just tried it again today (around 10:30 pm) and it still didn't work. Oh well...

#3125 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I had the same problem when I tried it yesterday. I just tried it again today (around 10:30 pm) and it still didn't work. Oh well...

Sorry to hear that man. Likely due to expiration being 11:59pm EST - at 10:30p your time, it'd be Weds in EST. I'm sure there will be more promos in the future.

#3126 6 years ago

Hi all,
I need some real help. I reported a problem a while back where my castle gate won’t open. It started intermittent and eventually became amost every time. But every now and again you’d get a game where it worked. But it seems to get worse and worse.

When I opened it up it felt kinda sticky or gritty. So, I was dumb and ordered a whole new assembly thinking I’d just knock it all out at once.

Well, I replaced it. Worked perfectly for 3 castles. Then failed once. Worked a few more times now won’t work at all. Feels smooth as silk. No binding or friction. So, I’m thinking it’s not mechanical.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please?

#3127 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does anyone have any ideas?

The driver board that gate coil goes to, push the row of pins that plug into the huge board below it to be sure they are in tight. If that doesn't do it.

Then please open a ticket under Support - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ so the engineer can have a look at it.

#3128 6 years ago

Thanks as always Ltg. You’re the man. It’s at a friends house, so I won’t be able to check till tomorrow. So frustrated.

#3129 6 years ago

This is very trivial and I know I can figure this out on my own but recently when I have been playing, my coin door has been opening up during my games which as you know locks your flippers up and I will lose my ball. I have a shaker motor installed and I know that is what is making the key move so that it opens my door. I have about 1200 plays on my machine and it just started doing this. I tried tightening the screw but it is not loose and I cant seem to figure out why all of sudden the key mech is getting loose. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

This is very trivial and I know I can figure this out on my own but recently when I have been playing, my coin door has been opening up during my games which as you know locks your flippers up and I will lose my ball. I have a shaker motor installed and I know that is what is making the key move so that it opens my door. I have about 1200 plays on my machine and it just started doing this. I tried tightening the screw but it is not loose and I cant seem to figure out why all of sudden the key mech is getting loose. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

Yep this happened to me, I put a bit of gaffe tape on the metal lock flap. It made it thick enough to stay closed.

#3131 6 years ago

Take the key out?

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take the key out?

Obviously the best solution... however, it is also the first step in a series of steps for almost every lock that ever needed to be drilled out because of a lost key!!

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Obviously the best solution... however, it is also the first step in a series of steps for almost every lock that ever needed to be drilled out because of a lost key!!

Same. So I've swapped keyless locks on all of my games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2782

#3134 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take the key out?

Yes I know but I don't trust myself with this....haha. I am horrible at misplacing items but I will prob do this until I get it fixed.

#3135 6 years ago

Yes I know but I don't trust myself with this....haha. I am horrible at misplacing items but I will prob do this until I get it fixed.

I've got a hook for each pin on the door by my pins, keeps them out of harms way plus I know where to look for them.

#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Same. So I've swapped keyless locks on all of my games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2782

SO SICK OF KEYS getting lost, looking the same. My friend swaps to these...I have a bunch on order as all my games are being swapped, no real reason to have home use games on keys....yet. Once my kid can walk and turn things...I may be in trouble.

#3137 6 years ago

I hear you; I have a single jar that has all my keys in it, but a buddy of mine has changed all his locks to a single key, so, the changes of losing them all is so low

#3138 6 years ago

Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

Pull the key out a little so it won't turn.

#3139 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pull the key out a little so it won't turn.

That’s what I do.

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I hear you; I have a single jar that has all my keys in it, but a buddy of mine has changed all his locks to a single key, so, the changes of losing them all is so low

This is what I did about 20 years ago. Prior to 1996 or so I just used to pull the locks out and that solved my "lost key" problem. But any time I had parties I didn't like the fact that people could poke around in there. I bought 100 keyed-alike lock ass'y and every new game I get, pins or vids, they get the new lock, If/when they get traded, the cylinder comes out and I put the old unique-keyed ass'y back in. Works like a charm!

#3141 6 years ago

I put my keys in the coin reject hole.

#3142 6 years ago

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will just do the ole 'pull the key out a little' to fix the issue in the short time. I should have just done that instead of asking for help but I got a lot of alternatives from you that I may implement in the future.

#3143 6 years ago

This was a new place for me to get a stuck ball!

IMG_20180311_182334 (resized).jpgIMG_20180311_182334 (resized).jpg

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This was a new place for me to get a stuck ball!

That's pretty impressive! What power level are you flippers set at?

#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

That's pretty impressive! What power level are you flippers set at?

#3146 6 years ago

Wow I would have guessed much higher! I'm running +3 and when I had it on max the balls were getting serious air time.

#3147 6 years ago

Newbie here..... Should have my MMr by the end of the week.....

Anyone hook up the pinstadium lights to an MMr ?

Would like to see some pix if anyone has done it....

Thanks for any help.....

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Thanks for any help.....

Yes, I’m getting an MMr soon too and would be very interested in learning more about this. Are the Pinstadium lights difficult to install for those of us with limited technical skills?

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Are the Pinstadium lights difficult to install for those of us with limited technical skills?

This may help you decide :

Check out their website too - http://pinstadium.com/

#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

Thanks for any help.....

I love playing in the dark, so I have pinstadium lights on most of my machines. They are easy to install and to me, makes it feel like a different, more enjoyable game.

I just took these photos in a room with lights off, but some daylight shining in through the windows

IMG_9496 (resized).JPGIMG_9496 (resized).JPG

IMG_9497 (resized).JPGIMG_9497 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/63?hl=smokezz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.