IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 204.
#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi i played the video mode „save the children“. although i had not before the catapult 3 times with hitting the cows - the cows in the video mode appeared. why? does someone know or had the same experience?
ralf

Easter egg.

#3002 6 years ago

I bought my MMR LE almost exactly one year ago, and figured I'd post something up for perspective buyers curious to know how these are holding up after 2500 plays.

Firstly, the game has been nothing short of awesome. There have been minor issues, but nothing worth worrying about (though I did at first as this was the first pin I've ever owned).

The only real problem I've seen are the chipping around the edges of the pf, but that seems to be the story of newer pins. I've put on Cliffy's and the problem seems to be neutralized.

LTG and everyone at CGC has been great. I had so much confidence in them, that I bought a AFMR LE and I'll likely be throwing my money their way again for that MBR.

So, if you're on the fence about getting one of these... don't be! It's #1 on Pinside and most people's list for a very good reason!

#3003 6 years ago

Well, I just installed my first set of pinstadium lights on my MMR. All I can say is WOW! What a huge difference. I never realized how dark MMR was. My wife kept making me turn the pinstadium lights on and off so she could see the difference. She was absolutely amazed and said it was the best thing I’ve bought for my Pinball hobby. Lol. Here are the before and after pictures. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. The UV Glow flashers are amazing too! Lastly, the app puts pinstadium lights over the top. You have complete control over the lighting. One more thing, the customer service from Scott is unsurpassed. Literally the best you will experience. Thanks Scott!!

D5B9A3FF-BBF7-4B10-B829-924E0D3CFE29 (resized).jpegD5B9A3FF-BBF7-4B10-B829-924E0D3CFE29 (resized).jpeg

9D043D85-FB8B-46E0-BAF6-70B9BD1A5FA4 (resized).jpeg9D043D85-FB8B-46E0-BAF6-70B9BD1A5FA4 (resized).jpeg

#3004 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you're awarded an extra ball starting BFTK with RM lit? Or does RM need to be started when you hit the BFTK castle shot?

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone know if you're awarded an extra ball starting BFTK with RM lit? Or does RM need to be started when you hit the BFTK castle shot?

I thought that you could configure an extra ball for completing Royal Madness or an extra something million points. Not sure about BFTK, sorry have not got there yet.

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I thought that you could configure an extra ball for completing Royal Madness or an extra something million points. Not sure about BFTK, sorry have not got there yet.

I'm pretty sure that if you have Royal Madness ready to go, and you start BFTK, you get an extra ball. But I can't recall if you leave it lit, or have to start RM.

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Well, I just installed my first set of pinstadium lights on my MMR. All I can say is WOW! What a huge difference. I never realized how dark MMR was. My wife kept making me turn the pinstadium lights on and off so she could see the difference. She was absolutely amazed and said it was the best thing I’ve bought for my Pinball hobby. Lol. Here are the before and after pictures. The pictures truly don’t do it justice. The UV Glow flashers are amazing too! Lastly, the app puts pinstadium lights over the top. You have complete control over the lighting. One more thing, the customer service from Scott is unsurpassed. Literally the best you will experience. Thanks Scott!!

Awesome! Was it difficult to install? I love MMr but the relative darkness of the game is the only thing that I never liked. This seems like a perfect fix.

#3008 6 years ago

Very easy install!

#3009 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It looks like there's some light color options.. which did you choose?

#3010 6 years ago

It taps into your GI. Then you choose flasher color. I chose UV-GLOW.

#3011 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, makes the game look great. About how long did it take? Thanks for the pics

#3012 6 years ago

15 mins

#3013 6 years ago

19th trip to BFTK, and 4th successful completion!

And this time I did it with pink eye!

#3014 6 years ago

Hey guys,
sorry if this has been asked or talked about to death... i am not on top of all things MMR... but I heard they were talking about making a Screen upgrade kit for MMR so it was like AFMR... is that true? or is it somebodies wishful thinking

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey guys,
sorry if this has been asked or talked about to death... i am not on top of all things MMR... but I heard they were talking about making a Screen upgrade kit for MMR so it was like AFMR... is that true? or is it somebodies wishful thinking

CGC has confirmed here on Pinside that they are looking into this, but no promises on timeframes/cost, as it is not just as simple as a swapover from the AFMr system.

#3016 6 years ago

Ahhh thank you for the response... sit and wait I guess.

#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ahhh thank you for the response... sit and wait I guess.

Bet you it gets announced in March along with the CGC #4 reveal

#3018 6 years ago

ohhh good call. having MMR, AFMR and MBR all in a line with all beautiful displays... that would be bragging rights right there!

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Need some more alignment advice. Since using that PinGuy app to set the pitch angle of my MMR to 6.5, I also made sure that the side-to-side level was spot on for both front and back. It's been playing pretty well for the most part, but I've noticed a couple of things that really bug me.
1. When the ball is returning from the right orbit at either from the stop or at a medium/moderately fast speed, it has a real tendency to hit or graze the top of the right slingshot and ricochet towards the center drain. It never used to do this before and was usually a clean drop down to the right flipper. I find myself having to give the pin a good nudge every time the ball comes down the orbit to make sure it clears the top of the sling. How does this compare to the original?
I'm guessing that adjusting the level from one side to the other would help this. Should I make the right side higher, or is that counterintuitive? I wonder why it should be behaving like this when my bubble level is so spot on.
2. This may also be related to the previous problem due to the possible level issue, but it seems that there is a high propensity for the ball to center drain after a castle gate shot. Either I'm incredibly unlucky, but most of the time the hit will deaden the ball enough that it will drop straight down the middle and nothing I can do. Maybe by fixing problem #1, that might help this by edging the ball to one side or the other?
3. Catapult still plagues me when more than one ball is caught in there. I thought when I fixed the pitch that it would have helped this, giving it more leverage to eject both balls, but it didn't. If anything it seems to have gotten worse. Now, it fails to even randomly knock one of the balls out to the side and eventually the catapult just stops kicking and I have to pull the glass off. I've done just about all the tweaking to the wireform I feel comfortable doing. It doesn't appear like the balls are catching on it in any way. It's just like it doesn't have enough power to launch two hard enough to clear at least one of them. Coil is at max strength, and that seems just good enough to get one ball around the loop smoothly. That just seems really odd to me. Thinking about opening a ticket on this one.

RE Item #1: Mine started doing this recently, after about 600 plays on machine. Verified level front and back, and playfield angle is between 6.5 and 7. Is this considered to be a normal quirk of the game, or is there an adjustment I can make to the game? In reading thru the several posts of this thread, I did not see anything.

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

RE Item #1: Mine started doing this recently, after about 600 plays on machine. Verified level front and back, and playfield angle is between 6.5 and 7. Is this considered to be a normal quirk of the game, or is there an adjustment I can make to the game? In reading thru the several posts of this thread, I did not see anything.

Had the same issue #1 and still have #2 a bit.

I had to adjust the right ball guide (pulling it inward towards centre of machine) slightly. This allowed the ball to drop to the right flipper without hitting the sling.

I suspect this is from the ball hitting the guide and slowly pushing it in.

For #2, I'm still not sure what it is. My ball often hits the gate, rolls to the let guide, and then drops sdtm. Definitely not the way it feels on an original MM or some of the other MMRs I've played.

I had my game set at 6.8 degrees for a while but have recently moved it down to 6.5 to play a little bit floaty.

If you don't already have a digital level I would suggest getting one just to make sure everything is leveled correctly.

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Had the same issue #1 and still have #2 a bit.
I had to adjust the right ball guide (pulling it inward towards centre of machine) slightly. This allowed the ball to drop to the right flipper without hitting the sling.
I suspect this is from the ball hitting the guide and slowly pushing it in.
For #2, I'm still not sure what it is. My ball often hits the gate, rolls to the let guide, and then drops sdtm. Definitely not the way it feels on an original MM or some of the other MMRs I've played.
I had my game set at 6.8 degrees for a while but have recently moved it down to 6.5 to play a little bit floaty.
If you don't already have a digital level I would suggest getting one just to make sure everything is leveled correctly.

Bending the right ball guide ever so slightly inward did the trick. Thank you sir!
I do not have a digital level, but will look for one.

#3022 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Bending the right ball guide ever so slightly inward did the trick. Thank you sir!
I do not have a digital level, but will look for one.

Get one on Amazon for like $30. It will be your best friend.

#3023 6 years ago

Turned my game on today and there is no sound. Hear a faint ticking noise but not sure where it's coming from.
Nevermind. Lifted the playfield to have a look and it started working. Weird but I'll take it.

#3024 6 years ago

You probably have a loose connection in there. I'd poke around and find it.

#3025 6 years ago

Quick question for you guys. I've played a few MMRs now, and even an original, and it seems most of the games play a bit floaty and smooth.

My game is extremely fast, and bounces around the pf vigorously. But most of the other games moved a bit slower, and I sort of liked that feel, especially considering I'm now trying to set up the game for other's to enjoy while I work on DI and AFMR.

I have my game set at 6.5 between the sling, but more like 6.7 around slings. Should I lower the pf a bit?

How about flipper strength? Do most of you keep it at default?

And lastly, would new rubber soften the bounces a bit?

Any input would be appreciated.

2500+ games on it now, and by far the best game I've ever played!

#3026 6 years ago

Does anybody know if there is a way to upgrade the display on the MMr to increase the size so it is like the display on AFMr (SE and LE)?

#3027 6 years ago

CGC has said that it would offer it in the future. I think it’s just a stay tuned kind of thing. I agree it would be great

#3028 6 years ago

announced at tpf we hope

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question for you guys. I've played a few MMRs now, and even an original, and it seems most of the games play a bit floaty and smooth.
My game is extremely fast, and bounces around the pf vigorously. But most of the other games moved a bit slower, and I sort of liked that feel, especially considering I'm now trying to set up the game for other's to enjoy while I work on DI and AFMR.
I have my game set at 6.5 between the sling, but more like 6.7 around slings. Should I lower the pf a bit?
How about flipper strength? Do most of you keep it at default?
And lastly, would new rubber soften the bounces a bit?
Any input would be appreciated.
2500+ games on it now, and by far the best game I've ever played!

try lowering it as this typically makes games more floaty although I personally hate that. I had mine at +2 but went back to default on flippers.

#3030 6 years ago

this video is at 6.5 with pinguy and my phone touching the flippers:

#3031 6 years ago

Just got all the Cliffys installed. The one inside the castle isn’t bad at all! It looks bad but the moving towers remove super easy (4 bolts) and you can get in there easy peasy!

If you’ve been waiting, get er done!

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just got all the Cliffys installed.

I've been debating about installing protectors. This is my first machine, and I'm wondering if they're necessary. I know the game was a big expense (I'm not using the word investment!), but how often do shooter lanes, castle moats, catapults and other places show wear in moderate use?

I'd like to hear some opinions. Are protectors necessary on HUO, or do they let you sleep better at night.

#3033 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been debating about installing protectors. This is my first machine, and I'm wondering if they're necessary. I know the game was a big expense (I'm not using the word investment!), but how often do shooter lanes, castle moats, catapults and other places show wear in moderate use?
I'd like to hear some opinions. Are protectors necessary on HUO, or do they let you sleep better at night.

It really only matters if the wear will bother you. Nobody else’s opinion counts here.

If you want your game to show no wear, put the full protector set on.

Marc

#3034 6 years ago

I'm seriously thinking of buying an MMr. I've played an LE at my buddies place for the past 2 years at our regular Friday night pinball tourny. He has A-list games including TWDLE, ASLE, DI premium, GoTLE, MET premium, GB premium, GNR & finally MMrLE. Clearly out of all of them MMr & TWDLE are my favorites.

My question; is the Pro or base version of MMr as much fun to play as the LE?

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I'm seriously thinking of buying an MMr. I've played an LE at my buddies place for the past 2 years at our regular Friday night pinball tourny. He has A-list games including TWDLE, ASLE, DI premium, GoTLE, MET premium, GB premium, GNR & finally MMrLE. Clearly out of all of them MMr & TWDLE are my favorites.

They are identical.

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It will wear it just is a matter of time and number of plays. All up to you. It was a small investment to have protection and doesn’t alter game play.

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Without them, you will eventually get wear.

Check this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-the-entire-life-of-a-medieval-madness-remake

#3038 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Quoted from pintechev:

They are identical.

Oh I dunno, I think the LE badge makes the game WAY more fun!

Seriously tho, the LE came with trim color choice, the shaker motor, and the LE badge... pretty sure the upgraded cab and PF hardcoat ended up carrying over to the SE, and you can always add the shaker... so the SE plays exactly the same.

#3039 6 years ago

Just installed a playfield protector on my MMR. Happy with the level of protection it brings, there is a bit of play alteration but that's ok. What I miss most is the ball roll noise that is completely different now.

I have a few minor adjustements to make, so any advice is welcome on how to proceed. The protector is a bit tight around the trolls, so when one gets out it can lift the makrolon once in a while. Any idea how to adjust it nicely?

Other adjustment I am thinking about is around the Merlin hole. I have installed the metal pinbits protection, so the makrolon adds another layer on top of it. It doesn"t really bother the play like the Trolls do, but as it is lifted up slightly dust can do under it more easily. Shall I cut and adjust next to the metal protector edges?

IMG_20180204_134501 (resized).jpgIMG_20180204_134501 (resized).jpg

#3040 6 years ago

I used some of this to cut a custom mylar like protector for the left orbit just past the first switch, covering the knight, and to protect under the VUK since this area gets pounded. It was a pain to position without taking off the left ramp but since its not as sticky as mylar for the first 24 hours, it was doable.
I feel much better knowing that area is protected.

20180205_090922 (resized).jpg20180205_090922 (resized).jpg

This isn't a picture of mine, but of what can happen over time (and this is on an Original PF).
rider (resized).jpgrider (resized).jpg

#3041 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I'm assuming you've been playing Reg's? Regardless, it's an incredible game that never gets old regardless of what level you're playing at.

It's the only game my wife is willing to play, and it's the game all.my friends generally spend time on when they're over.

Go for it, and you will not regret it!

#3042 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I am seriously thinking about getting one also. Then i look at how great the AFM looks and Iron Maiden is coming out also and Elvira 3 soon......geeeeeze. Whats a guy to do? The answer is to buy them all but i dont have that luxury unfortunately.

#3043 6 years ago

Dude, there is no way MM doesn't OWN all those games, unless you have had one for years and are already sick of it. Even a cheap ass like me bought one. Get to it!!

#3044 6 years ago

Agreed. I was just at pinball hall of fame and what was the most fun game there for me? MM. And I like my MMr better. Get it. No question.

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm assuming you've been playing Reg's?

Yep, Reg's Friday night pin tourney's are the best!

I'm still on the fence between TWD & MMr
Both pins are fantastic, but if you could only choose one ... ?

#3046 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am seriously thinking about getting one also. Then i look at how great the AFM looks and Iron Maiden is coming.

I hear you, Iron Maiden would be the ultimate music pin IMHO, however, I swore I'd never buy another new pin until Stern finishes the code. Therefore, the safest route to go is MMr or TWD with a "fully completed" code, than wait 2 years later for Lonnie to re-work his magic.

WTC-sternPinball (resized).jpgWTC-sternPinball (resized).jpg

#3047 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Yep, Reg's Friday night pin tourney's are the best!

Reg is a stud!

I haven't had a lot of time on TWD, but it's a game I eventually would like to own. MMR just have all the right stuff to make it a #1 game. It might not have the depth of TWD, but it has all the right shots, humour, and appeal. Every time I play it, it's sort of like the first time. There is no other game I've played that makes me smile like this one, and it's sitting between some pretty good games (AFM, DI, and TOM).

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Please don't make me choose. It's like asking me to choose which of my kids I like the best... except in this case there are 2 clear winners and they're both tied for first place in my collection. TWD and MMR will never leave. I've heard others say that "never" always changes for long term collectors, but I honestly can't see that happening for me. My new game room will have space for 15-20 pins (vs the space for 5 I have now), so I will just have to choose among the other 13-18 pins if I need more room.

Hmmm... wonder if a pinball cabinet would make decent coffin? Probably too short, but if you cobbled TWD and MMR together, linked end to end, it just might work.

#3049 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've heard others say that "never" always changes for long term collectors...

Lol, I hear that too... I always say my TZ will be the last to leave, barring a truly insane offer... and 11 years later it's still here! But yeah, never say never, right?

#3050 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It will wear it just is a matter of time and number of plays. All up to you. It was a small investment to have protection and doesn’t alter game play.

Quoted from Damien:

Without them, you will eventually get wear.

I've found quite a few protectors and multiple makers. Which ones do you suggest from which companies. I'm not really comfortable taking the machine apart at this point. So, the simpler the installation the better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/61?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.