IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 204.
#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok it looks fine from underneath. So interesting issue, If I turn the lights on in my basement and play it works. If I turn the lights off or really dim it seems to work 3 out of 10 times.

Please open a ticket with CGC for support on this issue.

#2902 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok it looks fine from underneath. So interesting issue, If I turn the lights on in my basement and play it works. If I turn the lights off or really dim it seems to work 3 out of 10 times.

Not sure if this is the same issue I was having, but having any light on above the machine would affect the optos.

Try playing with your lights out and see if that resolves it.

If not, you should open a ticket with CGC.

#2903 6 years ago

Seems to be if the lights are completely off then it has issues, I'll open a ticket tommorrow and see what they say

#2904 6 years ago

So after owning this game for awhile, are you guys still loving it and do you feel the quality is good? I am heavily considering MMR as my next game.

#2905 6 years ago

Yup. It’s awesome. No issues, tons of fun.

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So after owning this game for awhile, are you guys still loving it and do you feel the quality is good? I am heavily considering MMR as my next game.

It is perfect. I’d buy it again. Still the best pin in my collection

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It is perfect. I’d buy it again. Still the best pin in my collection

That says a lot because you have a really nice collection of games. That is encouraging that you would say that for real.

#2908 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had mine 3 months now and it looks and plays better than the day I opened the box.

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the first pin I bought, and likely the one I will never sell. It's the game I play most, and the game that everyone who comes over says is the best. Even people who don't like pinball enjoy it!

#2910 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's the first pin I bought, and likely the one I will never sell. It's the game I play most, and the game that everyone who comes over says is the best. Even people who don't like pinball enjoy it!

Here too Damien....... The quality of these builds are way beyond any other manufacturer. All games need hours of tweeking straight out of the box to play perfect IMO.

With CGC, Doug and his team they require less than any of my last dozen NIB games. Not saying others are bad, I attribute part of this to 25 years of the games already existing.

They got my $$$$$ for the next few years.

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Here too Damien....... The quality of these builds are way beyond any other manufacturer. All game need hours of tweeking straight out of the box to play perfect IMO.
With CGC, Doug and his team they require less than any of my last dozen NIB games.
They got my $$$$$ for the next few years.

If I had to knock anything, it might be the way the flippers feel, and I didn't notice until I got my AFMR.

On AFMR they are tight and strong. MMR feels a bit loser and weaker. Not sure if this is by design, as I've never played an original.

For instance, if I do a super skill shot, on AFMR I can make contact with the ball and send it whipping back around the orbit. With MMR, it might go part way up, or on very rare occasion, it will slowly make the loop.

I've rebuilt both flippers, so unless it's the coil itself, I think this is how it is supposed to be.

Again, this is my favorite game, and will be the one game I keep if I'm ever faced with trimming the herd, but there is always something about the feel of the flippers that bugs me slightly.

#2912 6 years ago

I total agree with the flippers. Solid and tight but I think the update CGC has coming soon will tone them down. As for the skill launch mine was the complete opposite. MMR was perfect and fast. AFM took me about numerous hours to get perfect.... All depends on the game.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I total agree with the flippers. Solid and tight but I think the update CGC has coming soon will tone them down. As for the skill launch mine was the complete opposite. MMR was perfect and fast. AFM took me about numerous hours to get perfect.... All depends on the game.

Sorry, I think I explained poorly. Not the skill shot launch itself. I meant when it reaches the left flipper, hitting it on AFMR can send it flying around the right orbit or ramp. However on MMR, I very rarely get it around the right orbit, and don't think I've ever hit it up the damsel ramp.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sorry, I think I explained poorly. Not the skill shot launch itself. I meant when it reaches the left flipper, hitting it on AFMR can send it flying around the right orbit or ramp. However on MMR, I very rarely get it around the right orbit, and don't think I've ever hit it up the damsel ramp.

Thats strange. No issues what so ever and my MMR flippers are strong as hell. Can you up the flipper power settings, I run my MMR at +1.

#2915 6 years ago

My moat opto was acting the same way, another pinsider said to adjust the bolts on the coil stop but this didn’t affect my ball height/opto level so I put it back, now it has worked perfectly. Maybe it was a loose connection? On a side note how do you adjust the flipper strength and can coil strength be adjusted for the catapult mine will only launch the ball all the way around about 30% of the time, about 45% it dribbles of the end and the rest it rolls back down re registering another shot.

Other than these small issues I love the game! I just need to buy some invisiglass or similar.

#2916 6 years ago

I would agree with you guys on the performance of this game. I have had mine since July and It plays better now than fresh out of the box. Machine has 759 games on it. I have not made any adjustments to it since first setting it up. The flippers feel the same as many have described. When you hit an orbit shot and the ball returns to the flipper, the follow up shot feels like the flipper bat collapses and you don’t get a full strength shot to complete another orbit shot. Plenty of strength to hit any single shot from a cradle or slow speed ball delivered from a return lane. Best I can describe the flipper weakness is that if the ball hits the flipper bat with speed, the flipper seems to absorb the hit, kind of like a “live catch”, or a mis-timed hit.

#2917 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I would agree with you guys on the performance of this game. I have had mine since July and It plays better now than fresh out of the box. Machine has 759 games on it. I have not made any adjustments to it since first setting it up. The flippers feel the same as many have described. When you hit an orbit shot and the ball returns to the flipper, the follow up shot feels like the flipper bat collapses and you don’t get a full strength shot to complete another orbit shot. Plenty of strength to hit any single shot from a cradle or slow speed ball delivered from a return lane. Best I can describe the flipper weakness is that if the ball hits the flipper bat with speed, the flipper seems to absorb the hit, kind of like a “live catch”, or a mis-timed hit.

There we go!!! That's how to properly describe it!!!

Now, is that the design of the game? None of my other games feel like this.

Was even tempted to try replacing the entire assembly and seeing if it feels different. I just put new flipper assemblies on my TOM and they feel like AFMR.

#2918 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Had mine 3 months now and it looks and plays better than the day I opened the box.

How do you like it compared to AFMr? I'm thinking seriously of getting an MMr to go with it. I'm super impressed with the remakes.

#2919 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

How do you like it compared to AFMr? I'm thinking seriously of getting an MMr to go with it. I'm super impressed with the remakes.

I really like afmr, and maybe it’s because it was my first nib pin, but MMr is still better by a decent margin for me. I could see selling afmr, but MMr will be with me forever. (Plus it has my name on it!!!)

#2920 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Mine is a CGC build. Seems perfect just like AFMR

#2921 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

There we go!!! That's how to properly describe it!!!
Now, is that the design of the game? None of my other games feel like this.
Was even tempted to try replacing the entire assembly and seeing if it feels different. I just put new flipper assemblies on my TOM and they feel like AFMR.

My MMR doesn't play like that, you can drill pretty much any shot on the fly. Default power, original rubbers, maybe 8 degrees tilt.

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

My MMR doesn't play like that, you can drill pretty much any shot on the fly. Default power, original rubbers, maybe 8 degrees tilt.

I think the slant is actually what changes it here. I've played a few steeply set up MMRs, and they did feel like you were getting more power.

Thing is, I like my games playing at 6.5-6.8, so I'm losing out on that benefit.

#2923 6 years ago

Just picked up MMR LE 42 in a trade. Won’t get it setup until later tonight, but I’m very excited! Any recommendations on pitch, etc?

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

» YouTube video
Hello all - loving my MMR and I’m about 200 games into it. Some minor issues that I’m in the middle of resolving, but one major one that I’m wondering if anyone has advice on.
In the video above, you can see that my machine is looping the “lost ball” flasher on the back glass and goes into search mode when it drains. This happens during the entire game play. As soon as I launch and put a ball into the castle trough, the lightening “cow” flasher starts flashing and making the pulsing sounds. This continues through the entire ball. When it drains, it sometimes takes awhile, awards the bonus, and ejects that next ball. Other times, it takes while, initiates a full ball search and then completes.
I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a fix? My initial thought is that there is a sensor inside the trough that isn’t tripping and acknowledging a ball. I really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Fixed!
I took a look under the playfield to make sure all was well - and, sure enough, the eject post for the trough was slightly askew and the sensor was not aligned. I reset it to the correct positon (alignment) and it is working well once again. How if got out of line I do not know, but I can keep an eye on it now.

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Fixed!
I took a look under the playfield to make sure all was well - and, sure enough, the eject post for the trough was slightly askew and the sensor was not aligned. I reset it to the correct positon (alignment) and it is working well once again. How if got out of line I do not know, but I can keep an eye on it now.

A lot of vibration in that area, likely just shook loose. Great job on the fix.

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Just picked up MMR LE 42 in a trade. Won’t get it setup until later tonight, but I’m very excited! Any recommendations on pitch, etc?

I go with what the manual recommends which is 6.5

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I go with what the manual recommends which is 6.5

Thanks, pretty standard. I got it setup last nights, but it will be moving in a few days so I’ll wait to level it. Still awfully fun to play even without any adjustments.

#2928 6 years ago

I am having same moat eject issue. It seems to be a common problem? Any ideas? I did some troubleshooting based on comments in this thread.

When the ball falls into the moat most of the time does not eject until ball search mode. It seems to be getting worse where the ball won't be detected and will not eject. I tried a few things that did not work. I lowered the screw coils to see if that helped the ball sit lower and break the sensor. Did not work. I checked the wiring and also re-seated the connector to the board for the sensor. I did a switch test and it shows closed and when I put a ball in the moat eject it shows open. I think that is how it supposed to work. Also, when you power up the game with ball in the moat eject, it does right away detect it and eject the ball.

#2929 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does your game have the F word, or a bleep?

Mine has the uncensored F word and the call out volume boosted for all callouts.

The call out volume fix was promised over a year ago but it seems CGC decided not to bother.

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Mine has the uncensored F word and the call out volume boosted for all callouts.
The call out volume fix was promised over a year ago but it seems CGC decided not to bother.

So I'm not crazy then... Yours actually says "Who the fuck are you?"

#2931 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I'm not crazy then... Yours actually says "Who the fuck are you?"

I don't think he has a remake.

#2932 6 years ago

Well so my gate assembly is officially not working. It was intermittent, but now it’s fully stuck closed. I have it on loan at a friends house. I’m trying to order the new assembly but it is out of stock at pps. Anyone know of a workaround while I’m trying to locate parts? Can I just prop open the gate? Will the software know how to handle that (will it register a gate hit at the right time when the opto opens if it rolls on through?). I’m frankly shocked the software isn’t smart enough to compensate when I turned on the “caste gate broken” flag in the Williams settings. I would think it would register a castle destroyed after the appropriate number of gate hits plus one. Nope. Just makes it impossible to destroy a castle. Bummer.

Anyone have a source for parts for this assembly?

#2933 6 years ago

Check the part numbers with Marco or Pinballife, they may have it in stock. Mantis also sells an upgraded gate:

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/medieval-madness/

#2934 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well so my gate assembly is officially not working.

Do you have an MMR? Is this a common "wear and tear" issue with the game? I guess I would assume that the remake would have better parts since I did spend about 8k + on it! Just wondering if down the road I will have the same issue.

#2935 6 years ago

Mantis makes an upgraded gate assembly, right? I'd check that out.

#2936 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well so my gate assembly is officially not working. It was intermittent, but now it’s fully stuck closed. I have it on loan at a friends house. I’m trying to order the new assembly but it is out of stock at pps. Anyone know of a workaround while I’m trying to locate parts? Can I just prop open the gate? Will the software know how to handle that (will it register a gate hit at the right time when the opto opens if it rolls on through?). I’m frankly shocked the software isn’t smart enough to compensate when I turned on the “caste gate broken” flag in the Williams settings. I would think it would register a castle destroyed after the appropriate number of gate hits plus one. Nope. Just makes it impossible to destroy a castle. Bummer.
Anyone have a source for parts for this assembly?

Is it stuck closed mechanically? Does it star stuck with the power off? Contact CGC for support. Even if out of warranty, they may be able to help with parts.

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Do you have an MMR? Is this a common "wear and tear" issue with the game? I guess I would assume that the remake would have better parts since I did spend about 8k + on it! Just wondering if down the road I will have the same issue.

Pretty sure parts are the same as MM.

#2938 6 years ago

Well... I "sort of" fixed my issue with constant ball search, but am still having some issues that I was wondering if anyone has insight into.

1) I no longer get the constant lightening flash/sound in the back-panel "cow-rider" image - so that's good.
2) However, sometimes in the moat - and more often on a drain - the system "loses" the ball in play, times out, does a ball search, and either ejects (moat) or adds bonus and progresses (drain)

I've removed/attached all the cables to these two areas to try and reset and I have been looking at the sensor on the moat to see if there is an alignment issue - to no avail yet.

I'm wondering about a couple of things that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own (hope someone knows here)

1) What/how is a drained ball "sensed" by the system? I assume that if I know how it's supposed to work then I can better troubleshoot it.
2) How does the system know that a ball is in play? Are there time-out adjustments that I'm missing in the menu? Other than free play and volume, I'm running this machine pretty much as a factory set-up.
3) Could either of these be related to incline or balance? I was pretty sure I had things set-up at factory recommendations, but this will be my weekend project - to triple-check the double-check that I did on levels and inclines.

Any help/direction is much appreciated. I'm new to pinball ownership, but generally not technically shy. I'm happy to learn.

#2939 6 years ago

Can you please open a ticket with CGC for the issues you’re experiencing?

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Can you please open a ticket with CGC for the issues you’re experiencing?

Will do! They are super-helpful. I just don't want to bother them until I at least try to answer the issue myself. I was having a Switch issue as well and they were very fast in helping out. A new Switch should arrive any day.

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Will do! They are super-helpful. I just don't want to bother them until I at least try to answer the issue myself. I was having a Switch issue as well and they were very fast in helping out. A new Switch should arrive any day.

You’re not bothering them. They are happy to help get you squared away.

Marc

#2942 6 years ago

My shaker motor became loose tonight and started making a terrible noise. Luckily, the four bottom screws were just loose. Should I use loctite and/or lock washers? They had neither. I don't know if they should have already.

#2943 6 years ago

Yeah. I'd throw some blue loctite on there.

#2944 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't think he has a remake.

What makes you think that? Mine is a MMR-LE and it's running modded code that has the uncensored F word and the call out volume boosted for all call outs.

If you read a few posts back it was described how to do this and there is more info if you search the forum. I didn't alter the code myself a clever and generous forum member who I won't name did it a while ago.

No MMRs will have the uncensored F word unless they have modified code loaded, CGC could easily give us the option to turn it on or off and to turn the callouts up independently of the music and sound effects but they obviously don't want to.

#2945 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

What makes you think that? Mine is a MMR-LE and it's running modded code that has the uncensored F word and the call out volume boosted for all call outs.
If you read a few posts back it was described how to do this and there is more info if you search the forum. I didn't alter the code myself a clever and generous forum member who I won't name did it a while ago.
No MMRs will have the uncensored F word unless they have modified code loaded, CGC could easily give us the option to turn it on or off and to turn the callouts up independently of the music and sound effects but they obviously don't want to.

Mostly because your game list has MM on it but not MMR.

#2946 6 years ago

Fair call ☺

From memory I don't think there was an option to choose MMR when I updated my games list. I have a couple of others to add so I will get onto that thanks for the heads up.

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Fair call ☺
From memory I don't think there was an option to choose MMR when I updated my games list. I have a couple of others to add so I will get onto that thanks for the heads up.

If that's the case, and it's a simple change in the software, then I'm wondering why CGC is saying they can't put that option in an update?!?

#2948 6 years ago

Who said software was simple?

#2949 6 years ago

Mmr on Route is kicking ass. Only been there 1 year

20180107_115210 (resized).jpg20180107_115210 (resized).jpg

#2950 6 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on using a tooth pic to align the flippers on their MMr? My LE flippers are very slightly drooped and sometimes it seems a bit difficult to trap the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/59?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.