c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 205.
#2801 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I still have no DMD hoping to hear from distributor tomorrow

Please reseat connector from display to small board in the head. And push in real tight.

LTG : )

#2802 6 years ago

I had an issue where balls would go inside the castle and sometimes not blow it up. I bent the moat enter switch wire enough that it fixed it, but then, ball locks would get triggered just from a ball dropping from the playfield into the moat. CGC sent me a new switch and wire, and everything works fine now.

#2803 6 years ago

So my castle gate won’t open up again (last time I disassembled and cleaned it and it worked for a few weeks). Has felt really “gritty” like it’s binding and not smooth. I tested a friend’s and it felt really different. Has anybody else had this happen?

On a related note, I went into settings to disable it (figuring it would register 4 gate hits as castle destroyed so you could play and continue to progress. To my dismay, it disabled the castle gate from trying to open, but no castle destroyed award and no progression. Is that a bug in mmr or just the dumbest original programming ever (or am I doing something wrong...)?

Finally, would a little lube in the gate channel be the worst thing ever? I just can’t figure it out otherwise. Is there a setting to strengthen that coil perhaps?

#2804 6 years ago

Usually when you disable the gate it disables open.

#2805 6 years ago

My drawbridge is not sitting flush with the pf. How do I adjust this?

#2806 6 years ago

Are you guys still hearing the "Do you have a horse" damsel callout? I haven't heard that one in quite a while.

#2807 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My drawbridge is not sitting flush with the pf. How do I adjust this?

Linkage below the playfield has a metal arm/collar with an allen head set screw. Loosen it to adjust higher or lower.

#2808 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Finally, would a little lube in the gate channel be the worst thing ever?

I'd try it. Can't hurt, you can always clean it out.

Quoted from paynemic:

Is there a setting to strengthen that coil perhaps?

No.

#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are you guys still hearing the "Do you have a horse" damsel callout? I haven't heard that one in quite a while.

Heard it last night.......

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

I had an issue where balls would go inside the castle and sometimes not blow it up. I bent the moat enter switch wire enough that it fixed it, but then, ball locks would get triggered just from a ball dropping from the playfield into the moat. CGC sent me a new switch and wire, and everything works fine now.

How long have you had the game to get parts from CGC? Meaning is it still under warranty? I am seeing some of this on my game...

#2811 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I am seeing some of this on my game...

Warranty card from CGC's website http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/CGC_Warranty_Card_Pinball.pdf this is on the same page as Manuals.

12 months on some of the electrical stuff, 6 months on some of the parts. Read it over.

#2812 6 years ago

I have all my plastic protectors and mantis protectors on waiting on cliffys and my dmd to be working. HDMI wasn’t the problem, they are sending out a new board set. Can’t wait to play this thing!

#2813 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I have all my plastic protectors and mantis protectors on waiting on cliffys and my dmd to be working. HDMI wasn’t the problem, they are sending out a new board set. Can’t wait to play this thing!

Sorry you had problems! Hope you get to play soon!

#2814 6 years ago

Thanks ...it’s like waiting for Christmas just can’t wait for it to get here

#2815 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How long have you had the game to get parts from CGC? Meaning is it still under warranty? I am seeing some of this on my game...

I only had it like a month or two.

#2816 6 years ago

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, and yes I am a newbie!

1. I received the two parts in the below image with my NIB MMr, anyone know what they are?
2. Along with a micro SD card with 2.0.1 software I received a ROM and ROM puller, am I supposed to replace a ROM? Which one and why?

Thanks much!

MMrParts (resized).jpgMMrParts (resized).jpg

#2817 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

1. I received the two parts in the below image with my NIB MMr, anyone know what they are?

Plastic flipper spacer to help get proper spacing of flipper bat so pawl doesn't bind below the playfield. Cover for plug into back of cabinet.

Quoted from BigMorty:

2. Along with a micro SD card with 2.0.1 software I received a ROM and ROM puller, am I supposed to replace a ROM? Which one and why?

Before updating your game, see if you need to. Hold down the escape button for five seconds or more to go into the CGC menu, the first page has what version is in your game. That long ROM, exchange it for the one plugged into a socket on the huge board under the playfield. Don't go by label, get the notch on the right end.

#2818 6 years ago

Thanks LTG for the quick reply! I checked my version and you were right, the machine came with 2.0.2 on it.

I am curious what is on the ROM that I need to replace and if it might solve an issue I am having?
The issue is that when the ball goes in Merlins hole, it often does not eject out, it doesn't even try to pop the ball out even though the machine makes the sound like it is trying. Sometimes the ball ejects after 3-5 attempts (based on the sound, no movement), but often the machine has to go into ball search to kick it out. This happens more than 50% of the time and seriously slows the game down.

Thanks for any help, I can upload a video if needed.

#2819 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

I am curious what is on the ROM that I need to replace

That is what changes the screen to the color upgrade.

Quoted from BigMorty:

if it might solve an issue I am having?

No, just enables color update.

Quoted from BigMorty:

The issue is that when the ball goes in Merlins hole, it often does not eject out, it doesn't even try to pop the ball out even though the machine makes the sound like it is trying. Sometimes the ball ejects after 3-5 attempts (based on the sound, no movement), but often the machine has to go into ball search to kick it out. This happens more than 50% of the time and seriously slows the game down.

If the ball isn't sitting the whole way to the left, it may not kick out. That kickout by design is weak. If that is going on, under the playfield I'd loosen the bracket and stick a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side, lowering it a little so the ball sits in there better and kicks out better. Issue common to MM and MMR.

#2820 6 years ago

Your quick replies are amazing, I really appreciate it!!! OK, glad I asked, I bought the color upgrade at the same time I bought my machine and the company I bought it from did the color upgrade for me, so this chip must be the original.

Thanks for the tip on the kick out, I will try that tomorrow and let you know if that helps.

Have a great evening,
Mike

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

so this chip must be the original.

Yes.

#2822 6 years ago

BTW, here is a link to a short video showing the issue -

Do you think the washer trick will solve this?

Thanks,
Mike

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Do you think the washer trick will solve this?

By the looks of it yes, ball could be more to the left.

You can go into Tests - Solenoids - and pull out the high power interlock on the coin door and if it fires the solenoid every time, I'd try the washer trick.

#2824 6 years ago

Great, will try both tomorrow.

Thanks again!

#2825 6 years ago

I am not a mod guy at all. People make their games look so crappy with some of the toys and crap they put on them. However I really want just a little more light on the front of the castle / drawbridge area. Any ideas for something that is completely reversible and tasteful?

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I am not a mod guy at all. People make their games look so crappy with some of the toys and crap they put on them. However I really want just a little more light on the front of the castle / drawbridge area. Any ideas for something that is completely reversible and tasteful?

I added these spotlights to the top of the slingshots, tying them to the slingshot GI.

59C94EB3-80D2-40D3-9398-246C98D08A4D (resized).jpeg59C94EB3-80D2-40D3-9398-246C98D08A4D (resized).jpeg

#2827 6 years ago

There's two spotlights shinning on the castle with yellow bulbs I think. Goto comet pinball and look at their spotlight bulbs. I would just change the originals with something brighter...

#2828 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

There's two spotlights shinning on the castle with yellow bulbs I think. Goto comet pinball and look at their spotlight bulbs. I would just change the originals with something brighter...

Thanks this may be a good first step!

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I added these spotlights to the top of the slingshots, tying them to the slingshot GI.

This is good too but I’m not sure if it reaches the castle as well as I would like...

#2830 6 years ago

Finally completed Battle of the Kingdom tonight after 2 years of play
It's about the fifth time I have made it to that mode but the first I have got through. It was very close, 5 times I ran out of time and just as the mode finished and the lights went out I made the shot and the mode continued, even happened on the final shot into the castle. Made it very nerve-wracking and exciting

20171214_205110 (resized).jpg20171214_205110 (resized).jpg

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

This is good too but I’m not sure if it reaches the castle as well as I would like...

Trust me, adding these two spotlights and adding the right blubs in the two added as well as the two existing as suggested by tslayer makes the castle light up just right......Here is a pic with and without the spotlights using Comet Pinball's OPTIX MAXIMUS Warm White bulbs in the spotlights above the slingshots as well as replacements for the stock Amber bulbs on either side of the castle.

MMR Spots B&A (resized).jpgMMR Spots B&A (resized).jpg

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Finally completed Battle of the Kingdom tonight after 2 years of play
It's about the fifth time I have made it to that mode but the first I have got through. It was very close, 5 times I ran out of time and just as the mode finished and the lights went out I made the shot and the mode continued, even happened on the final shot into the castle. Made it very nerve-wracking and exciting

Congrats! I remember the first time I did it, I did a victory lap around the room and then feel back on my couch and laughed at how ridiculous I was.

I love that there is that little grace period when it times our. Hitting that shot to resume the mode is pretty exhilarating.

I've been to BFTK 14 times now, but have only finished it 3 times. NEVER GETS OLD!

#2834 6 years ago

Well - I finally get to post. I'm the proud owner of my very first pin - MMR SE.

It's in shipping and scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm pretty excited (as I'm sure you can imagine). I'll be making an unboxing/set-up video to share and hopefully can get things unpacked, set-up, and running fairly quickly. This is my first pin and I'm excited to have a NIB to start with.

#2835 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Well - I finally get to post. I'm the proud owner of my very first pin - MMR SE.
It's in shipping and scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm pretty excited (as I'm sure you can imagine). I'll be making an unboxing/set-up video to share and hopefully can get things unpacked, set-up, and running fairly quickly. This is my first pin and I'm excited to have a NIB to start with.

Congrats. You’ll have your second machine by April I predict.

#2836 6 years ago

Congrats. You’ll have your second machine by April I predict.

I'll jump in on this bet! I give it until March. At least that's how it went for me

#2837 6 years ago
Quoted from LFDOG:

Congrats! The best pin..

#2838 6 years ago

I was hoping my parts would be in the mail today

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So this won't make your game any brighter, but I just changed out my castle spotlights with these:

https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FIRE

Produces a flame effect - kinda cool....

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So this won't make your game any brighter, but I just changed out my castle spotlights with these:
https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FIRE
Produces a flame effect - kinda cool....

Any photos? Or I’m guessing really hard to get a good photo of that...

#2841 6 years ago

Any photos? Or I’m guessing really hard to get a good photo of that...

Ya it would be tough to get a good shot. I was buying some other LEDs and decided to give them a try as long as I was paying for shipping...

#2842 6 years ago

So I replaced the board in the back box with the one CGC sent and Shazam I have a DMD!

1 week later
#2843 6 years ago

Hello,
I'm having an intermittent issue with my moat eject, and I'm hoping someone can help out. When the ball is in the moat, it occasionally does not eject until it goes into ball search mode, then it kicks out. Seems to becoming more regular.

I've checked and cleaned the optical sensor, checked solder connections, unplugged/replugged the sensor plug and the solenoid plug, and nothing seems to effect it. We've noticed that if we tap on the playfield before it goes into ball search mode, sometimes it will work to eject it, which suggests something is loose somewhere. I just can't spot anything.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#2844 6 years ago

Is it possible the ball isn’t aligned in the most properly to trip the switch? In switch test, see if the opto is consistently seeing the ball.

#2845 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

The fix.... not entirely sure which it was, but he adjusted the vuk to have the metal bracket holding the ball be a little closer to the optos and he reseated all the opto cables multiple times. Thanks much for the help LTG in describing what to look at and try.

#2846 6 years ago

Are the speakers the same as car speakers, or do you need something special?

#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from Dodgefolks:

Are the speakers the same as car speakers, or do you need something special?

They're 8 Ohm, while most car speaker are 4 Ohm.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr good info here.

#2848 6 years ago

Thank you, I'm a few months away from getting my MMR, but I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is it possible the ball isn’t aligned in the most properly to trip the switch? In switch test, see if the opto is consistently seeing the ball.

In the test mode, the opto is not seeing the ball. Game play consistently has to do ball search to eject it. I plugged/unplugged the connector several times....no change. Do I have a bad opto switch?

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

In the test mode, the opto is not seeing the ball. Game play consistently has to do ball search to eject it. I plugged/unplugged the connector several times....no change. Do I have a bad opto switch?

Potentially. Time to open a ticket with CGC for help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.