3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 203.
#2751 6 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is it normal to see so much of the wood grain on the playfield through the graphics?

I would say that's unusual. Can you feel it?

#2752 6 years ago

So I’m going to get a Mmr soon and I am wondering what people’s thoughts on which protectors to use where. Cliffy or mantis or a combo. What is the best setup. Anything I need to do out of the box? Shaker and color will be added soon. I’m also going to get the plastic protectors.
Thx

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Meaning two layers of tape?

Yeah

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is it normal to see so much of the wood grain on the playfield through the graphics?

I think it is usual? I see it on my sterns as well. But as someone else asked, can you feel it or is it smooth?

#2755 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So I’m going to get a Mmr soon and I am wondering what people’s thoughts on which protectors to use where. Cliffy or mantis or a combo. What is the best setup. Anything I need to do out of the box? Shaker and color will be added soon. I’m also going to get the plastic protectors.
Thx

Cliffy's are always great, and the Mantis jump protector for the castle.

As for plastic protectors, Pinbits. You can get your Cliffy's there at the same time.

#2756 6 years ago

On the mantis for the castle jump. Are you guys using the second screw or just double sided tape

#2757 6 years ago

Just the tape.

#2758 6 years ago

So should I buy the whole cliffys set and just the one mantis?
Any other must haves that I should bu6 and install before I play

#2759 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So should I buy the whole cliffys set and just the one mantis?
Any other must haves that I should bu6 and install before I play

Personal preference. I didn't install any of those and don't have any issues with my MMr.

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Personal preference. I didn't install any of those and don't have any issues with my MMr.

You might want to reconsider. Depending on how many games you've put in, there may not be any signs of wear as of yet, but the inevitability is, it will! The castle entrance, and lock hole will get chewed up in time. The edge opposite to the small castle door, shooter lane, and drain hole will also begin to chip away as you put more mileage on your machine.

If you don't want to install a full set, I think the minimum should be all the areas mentioned above. You might want to check with a few owners who have had the game a while to see that unprotected games are almost guaranteed to show signs of wear eventually.

#2761 6 years ago

can someone take a picture of the mantis castle jump protector please?

#2762 6 years ago

mmig1 (resized).JPGmmig1 (resized).JPG

I wish Mantis would redo this one without the screw hole.

There's another one inside the castle too... check their page for the deets - http://www.mantisamusements.com/mminstall.htm

#2763 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You might want to reconsider. Depending on how many games you've put in, there may not be any signs of wear as of yet, but the inevitability is, it will! The castle entrance, and lock hole will get chewed up in time. The edge opposite to the small castle door, shooter lane, and drain hole will also begin to chip away as you put more mileage on your machine.
If you don't want to install a full set, I think the minimum should be all the areas mentioned above. You might want to check with a few owners who have had the game a while to see that unprotected games are almost guaranteed to show signs of wear eventually.

I probably have close to 1000 games, everything looks fine so far... not saying adding protection isn't a good thing, but i haven't seen a need for it yet. Be it laziness or otherwise

To open up a can of worms, and i'm sure everyone has an opinion, but i've also heard that the metal protectors can scuff up the ball more, which just leads to more wear on the playfield elsewhere. I'm sure that's like a--holes and opinions, everyone has one...

#2764 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Thx

Read the prior posts in this thread there's good discussion already on this.

#2765 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mantis also needs to redo that castle protector by making the cobblestone part of it longer by at least 1/8" to protect the hole edge just inside the lock. That edge is impacted and damaged even with the protector installed.

#2766 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I probably have close to 1000 games, everything looks fine so far... not saying adding protection isn't a good thing, but i haven't seen a need for it yet. Be it laziness or otherwise
To open up a can of worms, and i'm sure everyone has an opinion, but i've also heard that the metal protectors can scuff up the ball more, which just leads to more wear on the playfield elsewhere. I'm sure that's like a--holes and opinions, everyone has one...

I agree. I've got 1000 + plays with no wear. Put mylar in the shooter lane and ball drain before it goes into the trough. Keep playfield waxed and buy quality pinballs. You can always add protectors later if there's wear which will cover it up...

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There's another one inside the castle too... check their page for the deets - http://www.mantisamusements.com/mminstall.htm

thanks. I've got a protector on this which I am sure I got from Cliffy.

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

After 1000 games there's no wear at all in the shooter lane? No chips at all around the castle lock hole?

I'm at close to 2000 games, and the castle hole was chipping like crazy. Shooter lane was starting to crack. Put Cliffy's on and everything is covered.

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I agree. I've got 1000 + plays with no wear. Put mylar in the shooter lane and ball drain before it goes into the trough. Keep playfield waxed and buy quality pinballs. You can always add protectors later if there's wear which will cover it up...

What balls are you using? I tried those super polished silver jet balls, and they play way too fast.

#2770 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What balls are you using? I tried those super polished silver jet balls, and they play way too fast.

I like superjets. You can always goto pinball life too...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5

Only thing with super jets is they get magnetized and do weird things with pins with magnets, so don't use them there....

#2771 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I like superjets. You can always goto pinball life too...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5
Only thing with super jets is they get magnetized and do weird things with pins with magnets, so don't use them there....

I usually get my balls from Pinball Life. How often do you guys suggest changing them up? Every 500 games?

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I usually get my balls from Pinball Life. How often do you guys suggest changing them up? Every 500 games?

Really you should just inspect them when you have the glass off. I like to check them when I wax every 3 months or so, but I'm in the machine more than that anyways so I check them then. Any chips/flaws in them will start doing damage so just makes sense to keep some extras on hand and swap as it's needed.

#2773 6 years ago

I spent $8,000 on a pinball machine. The game gets $4 worth of new balls every 3 months...

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I spent $8,000 on a pinball machine. The game gets $4 worth of new balls every 3 months...

What do you guys do with your old balls? Recycle bin? I’m not sure they are on the list in my town.

P.S. “Giggidy”

#2775 6 years ago

MM has well known PF areas that get big time wear and MMR will be no different. Lots of pictures showing the blown out areas, many which also happen to be hidden from direct view such as the moat eject and castle drain holes, etc. Some of the protector install pictures from suppliers show how much wear can happen in those areas. The merlin hole is another well known wear area. That's why the all the MM protectors have been produced, and it's great that MMR can use them.

To each their own, but after seeing how much wear can happen to MM machines without protection I'd prefer to do the investment. After all, wear and tear (and especially pf wear and tear) means lower resale.

#2776 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What do you guys do with your old balls? Recycle bin? I’m not sure they are on the list in my town.
P.S. “Giggidy”

I recycle them.

#2777 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

MM has well known PF areas that get big time wear and MMR will be no different. Lots of pictures showing the blown out areas, many which also happen to be hidden from direct view such as the moat eject and castle drain holes, etc. Some of the protector install pictures from suppliers show how much wear can happen in those areas. The merlin hole is another well known wear area. That's why the all the MM protectors have been produced, and it's great that MMR can use them.
To each their own, but after seeing how much wear can happen to MM machines without protection I'd prefer to do the investment. After all, wear and tear (and especially pf wear and tear) means lower resale.

Which "moat eject" area are you referring to? Just curious, as Cliffy has a moat kickback only, and Mantis has the VUK/popper one. Do you mean mylar at the moat ejects?

#2778 6 years ago

About how long does it take to install the color upgrade
It’s been about 8 minutes and nothing has come up on the screen
Also where does the large chip go? It is not on the directions

#2779 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Which "moat eject" area are you referring to? Just curious, as Cliffy has a moat kickback only, and Mantis has the VUK/popper one. Do you mean mylar at the moat ejects?

The moat VUK which mantis has a protector for. Same thick-style pf protector as for the castle drain.

#2780 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does your game need it ? I'd go into the CGC menu and the first screen has what version number is in your game. If it's the current 2.0.2a you don't need to update it.

The large chip goes into the huge board under the playfield. Remove the one that is there. Stick in the new one. Get it facing the right direction, go by the notch on the chip, not the label.

LTG : )

#2781 6 years ago

Thx I just found the video after I started installing the code
I waited 15 minutes and still nothing
I powered down and then popped the as card out and now no DMD at all
I haven’t even lifted the playfield to touch the other chip

#2782 6 years ago

So it will say no signal upon startup but I have zero picture on the DMD

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

What install steps have you done so far?

#2784 6 years ago

All I did was power off, insert SD card and power on, dmd has been dead since.
I powered back off after about 25 minutes and removed dmd and still nothing
I tried this a second time too

#2785 6 years ago

Without the SD card it powers up and says no signal then no picture. If you open the coin door and hit the test switches you can hear it running through them but no picture other than the no signal at power up.
It was working before I put the SD card in, and it says 2.0.1

#2786 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So it will say no signal upon startup but I have zero picture on the DMD

What you tried to install may have been corrupted.

I'd down load again, format memory card. Use 7z and put it back on the micro sd card and start over.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php

#2787 6 years ago

Unfortunately I have no way to do anything with the small SD card I’ll call automated in the morning and see if he is can mail me out a new one

#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

P.S. “Giggidy”

If you are handy and have some extra time, you could do something like this

#2789 6 years ago

Just got mine and loving this game! Question on the skill shot when you launch a new ball. Is the consensus that the 'true' skill shot (hold left flipper) + possible castle points is a better option than going for the much easier 50K points + bonus multiplier via lane selection?

#2790 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Just got mine and loving this game! Question on the skill shot when you launch a new ball. Is the consensus that the 'true' skill shot (hold left flipper) + possible castle points is a better option than going for the much easier 50K points + bonus multiplier via lane selection?

No ball save on the left flipper skill shot....

#2791 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

It depends, but it is cool to get the super skill shot....

#2792 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Thx I just found the video after I started installing the code
I waited 15 minutes and still nothing
I powered down and then popped the as card out and now no DMD at all
I haven’t even lifted the playfield to touch the other chip

No chip, no color. The software is suitable for both color and non-color.

#2793 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No chip, no color. The software is suitable for both color and non-color.

Ya, you gotta install the chip. Didn't your upgrade kit come with docs? I forget, could be online...

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Unfortunately I have no way to do anything with the small SD card I’ll call automated in the morning and see if he is can mail me out a new one

If I shipped you a micro to standard sd adapter, do you have a PC with the standard adapter?

As for install, yes you need the chip installed, the Sd card is only new software so the game should work even without the chip.

Have you tried you old Sd card again?

#2795 6 years ago

Does anyone have a template for the coat of arms sticker on the castle? I'm looking to make a banner for the castle with my fiance's coat of arms

#2796 6 years ago
Quoted from HotPieceOfSass:

I'm looking to make a banner for the castle with my fiance's coat of arms

Your fiance has his own coat of arms? Is he like a knight or something?

#2797 6 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the inside of the cab where the power comes in
The black and white and white and black wires that come out of there came disconnected and I don’t know which one goes on which side

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Your fiance has his own coat of arms? Is he like a knight or something?

hahaha no but his father is the oldest in the line and we got the families coat of arms updated

CMYK300 (resized).jpgCMYK300 (resized).jpg

#2799 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Can someone post a pic of the inside of the cab where the power comes in
The black and white and white and black wires that come out of there came disconnected and I don’t know which one goes on which side

Tough to get a picture. Black on left, white on right, green below both.

DSC00466 (resized).JPGDSC00466 (resized).JPG

#2800 6 years ago

Thank you I found it in the schematic but I just wanted to confirm it with the picture unfortunately I still have no DMD hoping to hear from distributor tomorrow

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/56?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.