c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 205.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Contact CGC about the issue and see what their advise is.

I just submitted a ticket and edited my post to better describe the problem, it's the Moat Bridge that is not lowering - the castle gate is working fine.

Will be interesting to see what they come back with as to me it seems to be a design flaw, I would prefer the shaft to have a spline, but they won't be able to supply that.

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I just submitted a ticket and edited my post to better describe the problem, it's the Moat Bridge that is not lowering - the castle gate is working fine.
Will be interesting to see what they come back with as to me it seems to be a design flaw, I would prefer the shaft to have a spline, but they won't be able to supply that.

I believe the part is unchanged from the original design. Let us know what you find out from CGC.

#2703 6 years ago

It’s not MMr but my MMr’s cousin show d up today

C9E2AA0A-0592-4C3C-A491-960F858968D3 (resized).jpegC9E2AA0A-0592-4C3C-A491-960F858968D3 (resized).jpeg

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Quoted from pintechev:

I believe the part is unchanged from the original design. Let us know what you find out from CGC.

This.

LTG : )

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

It’s not MMr but my MMr’s cousin show d up today

Well family usually shows up for the holidays!

#2706 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You don’t NEED beer, but... (ok, do I really need to finish this statement?).

...but it IS better cold?

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This.

Yep I searched this issue and found no other people having the same problem so obviously it's not common, still it would never happen with a spline or square like other pinballs have in similar mechs.

#2708 6 years ago

MMR Rocks!!

Had to say it again!

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yep I searched this issue and found no other people having the same problem so obviously it's not common, still it would never happen with a spline or square like other pinballs have in similar mechs.

Sounds like you simply got unlucky and your friends saved the day.

Marc

#2710 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Sounds like you simply got unlucky and your friends saved the day.
Marc

Ticket answered, apparently this has only happened to 3 other machines (I wonder how many also had it happen but didn't report it?) and "there is no more robust solution"

I think what he meant was that CGC don't have a more robust solution, other games do have a better design for these shafts and cogs but MMR does not.

It was suggested that I contact my distributor for a spare part, I think I will do that and store it away in case this gets worse in future.

Yes I agree I did get unlucky, but I was the unlucky victim of a poor design.

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I think what he meant was that CGC don't have a more robust solution, other games do have a better design for these shafts and cogs but MMR does not.

MM doesn't either.

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Ticket answered, apparently this has only happened to 3 other machines (I wonder how many also had it happen but didn't report it?) and "there is no more robust solution"
It was suggested that I contact my distributor for a spare part, I think I will do that and store it away in case this gets worse in future.

Williams poor design, not CGCs. This is the same part as on the original game; the mechanical parts are all the same.

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Williams poor design, not CGCs. This is the same part as on the original game; the mechanical parts are all the same.

#2714 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Copying the poor design of that part just because that is the way the original was is not a great decision by CGC IMO, nor is it a good excuse. It's still a great machine, this would not be a deal breaker for anyone, but clearly CGC was remiss in not upgrading this particular part to be as reliable as other games with similar mechs that have splines on the shaft. I image MANY original MM games have had this part fail over the years if some HUO remakes are failing already.

The techs looked at the slipping cog in my game all could not believe that it had been made that way with the cog just pushed onto the shaft.

I don't want to go on and on about it, it's just the lack of acceptance of any fault by CGC in this case is frustrating, I expected such though.

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I image MANY original MM games have had this part fail over the years

I have a MM since it came out and never had an issue with this.Or recall anyone else having an issue with it.

Quoted from Rat:

it's just the lack of acceptance of any fault by CGC in this case is frustrating

You are kidding, right. They never heard of anyone having an issue with it. You did. Wayne ? will give you a new part.

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Copying the poor design of that part just because that is the way the original was is not a great decision by CGC IMO, nor is it a good excuse. It's still a great machine, this would not be a deal breaker for anyone, but clearly CGC was remiss in not upgrading this particular part to be as reliable as other games with similar mechs that have splines on the shaft. I image MANY original MM games have had this part fail over the years if some HUO remakes are failing already.
The techs looked at the slipping cog in my game all could not believe that it had been made that way with the cog just pushed onto the shaft.
I don't want to go on and on about it, it's just the lack of acceptance of any fault by CGC in this case is frustrating, I expected such though.

I agree with LTG on this one. I think one failure is an overreaction. I agree the design is poor for all applications, but for this application, it seems to suffice. With a rare exception. You can never engineer for 100%. Sound like they got 99.9% and that is about right.

#2717 6 years ago

Finally had time to put my powder coated parts on MMr, got these at the Chicago pinball expo, figured they would look good and i was right!

IMG_0070 (resized).jpgIMG_0070 (resized).jpg

IMG_0069 (resized).jpgIMG_0069 (resized).jpg

IMG_0068 (resized).jpgIMG_0068 (resized).jpg

#2718 6 years ago

That looks really good, do you know the color?

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

That looks really good, do you know the color?

I don't unfortunately.. not even sure if i grabbed the contact info for the guy i bought it from at the show. I was shocked at how well it matched though.

#2720 6 years ago

I tried the AR-1 anti-rattle tape from PP, seems to make zero difference before and after. Cannot recommend it, it costs a lot, when my trolls come up, glass rattles as much as before.

#2721 6 years ago

Do the plastic protectors on pinbits for MM fit MMR?

#2722 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Do the plastic protectors on pinbits for MM fit MMR?

Yes.

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I tried the AR-1 anti-rattle tape from PP, seems to make zero difference before and after. Cannot recommend it, it costs a lot, when my trolls come up, glass rattles as much as before.

Wow. It totally fixed mine. Maybe turn your shaker down.

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Wow. It totally fixed mine. Maybe turn your shaker down.

It's on low/minimum already, the shaker strength.

#2725 6 years ago

It's on low/minimum already, the shaker strength.

You can also try rotating the weights to make the shaker less strong if it’s bothering you.

#2726 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You can also try rotating the weights to make the shaker less strong if it’s bothering you.

It's only when the trolls come up, the catapault and castle explosions are fine.

#2727 6 years ago

It's only when the trolls come up, the catapault and castle explosions are fine.

Interesting. Need to think about what that is. Is it the duration of the shake?

#2728 6 years ago

Yeah, my troll shake is a good bit stronger. Too strong.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah, my troll shake is a good bit stronger. Too strong.

My troll shake brings all the boys to the yard.

#2730 6 years ago

Can anyone who put the anti-rattle tape on post a quick photo to show what the application looks like.

#2731 6 years ago

As of right now I have one of the weights totally removed. I think I will be sending both of them to my buddy who has a lathe to remove half the mass but no length off the weight..... its still strong but MUCH better.

#2732 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

As of right now I have one of the weights totally removed. I think I will be sending both of them to my buddy who has a lathe to remove half the mass but no length off the weight..... its still strong but MUCH better.

Ok, I haven't looked inside a shaker lately, but I thought it was the balance or imbalance that made it shake. Won't removing one of the weights make it shake that much worse? If you want it to shake less, as others have said, you adjust the weights equally toward the center so that they are more balanced around the center of mass when rotating. The imbalance would seem to be a function of both the mass and the length (distance of rotation) for the two weights. So if you want the smoothest shake, but still maintaining something, I would think you'd want to do the same to both weights. Just theorizing here, as I haven't looked inside my shaker lately. I do have one waiting to be installed on my Tron, so maybe I'll open it up and look a bit closer.

#2733 6 years ago

You guys crack me up... the shaker is not that strong...

Ever play a Road Show? THAT's a strong shaker

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

You guys crack me up... the shaker is not that strong...
Ever play a Road Show? THAT's a strong shaker

Well it's about a construction site so that makes sense....

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Ok, I haven't looked inside a shaker lately, but I thought it was the balance or imbalance that made it shake. Won't removing one of the weights make it shake that much worse? If you want it to shake less, as others have said, you adjust the weights equally toward the center so that they are more balanced around the center of mass when rotating. The imbalance would seem to be a function of both the mass and the length (distance of rotation) for the two weights. So if you want the smoothest shake, but still maintaining something, I would think you'd want to do the same to both weights. Just theorizing here, as I haven't looked inside my shaker lately. I do have one waiting to be installed on my Tron, so maybe I'll open it up and look a bit closer.

There is no weight adjustment on the CG shaker. Removing one weight lessens the mass buy 50%. Ideally I would like to install a PWM controller . It slows down the motor to give more shake and less RATTLE.

#2736 6 years ago

I just installed pinstadium lights on my MMR remake. You can see the before and after. This is truly an incredible product. I got the UV lighted set up. You should see what it looks like when you destroy the castle. I highly recommend this if you have an MMR

IMG_5412 (resized).JPGIMG_5412 (resized).JPG

IMG_5413 (resized).JPGIMG_5413 (resized).JPG

#2737 6 years ago

So this is my Aerosmith with shaker motor. The flipper fidelity speakers are on full blast with bass. I had to get the tape it was a rattle nightmare. What a difference the tape made. Beware though, the glass comes flying out when you unlock the bar. It makes contact with the glass and the rails very slick.

Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone who put the anti-rattle tape on post a quick photo to show what the application looks like.

IMG_5414 (resized).JPGIMG_5414 (resized).JPG

IMG_5415 (resized).JPGIMG_5415 (resized).JPG

IMG_5416 (resized).JPGIMG_5416 (resized).JPG

IMG_5417 (resized).JPGIMG_5417 (resized).JPG

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

So this is my Aerosmith with shaker motor. The flipper fidelity speakers are on full blast with bass. I had to get the tape it was a rattle nightmare. What a difference the tape made. Beware though, the glass comes flying out when you unlock the bar. It makes contact with the glass and the rails very slick.

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you get the tape from Pinbits?

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

This is where I got it recently.

http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=2546

#2740 6 years ago

Pinball Pro is where i ordered from

Quoted from Damien:

#2741 6 years ago

For previous MM original owners, what flipper strength on MMR feels most like the original game?

Tried tonight and -2 and it definitely feels different.

#2742 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

For previous MM original owners, what flipper strength on MMR feels most like the original game?
Tried tonight and -2 and it definitely feels different.

I'm at 7 degree playfield pitch and like -2 the best. No problem making any shots at all. Not sure how that compares to a newly rebuilt original mm, but -2 feels best to me on mine. I've played plenty of originals in the wild where it was nearly impossible to make the damsel shot.

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'm at 7 degree playfield pitch and like -2 the best. No problem making any shots at all. Not sure how that compares to a newly rebuilt original mm, but -2 feels best to me on mine. I've played plenty of originals in the wild where it was nearly impossible to make the damsel shot.

How tough is it for you to make the Catapult shot?

#2744 6 years ago

Catapult shot is by far the most difficult shot to make. Extremely difficult to make intentionally with a cradled ball on the right flipper. What are your thoughts on that? Do you find a certain playfield pitch or flipper strength setting changes the difficulty of the shot? Thanks. Mike

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Catapult shot is by far the most difficult shot to make. Extremely difficult to make intentionally with a cradled ball on the right flipper. What are your thoughts on that? Do you find a certain playfield pitch or flipper strength setting changes the difficulty of the shot? Thanks. Mike

I recently replaced my coil sleeves, and set the flipper (no rubber) against a drill bit in the alignment hole. Not sure if it is now slightly higher or lower than my previous setting, but the shot is much harder to make off a cradle on the right flipper.

I also pulled the slingshot switches out, straightened them (the were completely bent) and now I find the ball rarely bounces out of the slings into the catapult (the game used to gift e those sometimes).

I have my pf set to 6.7 (measured with a small digital inclinometer) right in the centre of the pf in alignment with where the bubble level is. When I put a ruler across the top of the slings, and place the inclinometer there, I get 6.5.

I'm still uncertain of where people would say the "true" measurement should be taken. Seems most people garage above the slings, but this is to in line with where the games bubble level is reading (which maybe also be why a lot of people say that bubble level is inaccurate).

#2746 6 years ago

Default seems fine to me, but I'm pretty steep.

The flipper feel on my OG MM was so damn weird from the years of wear and rebuilds that I don't know that I'd want my MMR to feel the "same" I just want it to feel "right" and it does.

#2747 6 years ago

I had to do it twice. Then it worked.

#2748 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

I had to do it twice. Then it worked.

Meaning two layers of tape?

#2749 6 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is it normal to see so much of the wood grain on the playfield through the graphics?

IMG_6853 (resized).JPGIMG_6853 (resized).JPG

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

So you're saying it's just scotch tape? j/k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/55?hl=brewskisbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.