Topic Stats

• 4,713 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 95.
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When I watch videos of people playing original MM, it does always seem like castle shot return pretty safely to the flipper. Since you've owned both, what one do you enjoy playing more?

They're both the same thing, just like any game from machine to machine they have their own personality.

I will say on my MMR it's much easier (for me) to do EVERYTHING but castle shots. Usually on MM I'd get screwed by the damsel shot, and on MMR I can punish it. Plus a left lane joust orbit will come out and hit a raised right flipper and bounce right into the Catapult, where my MM just didn't seem to have that kind of flipper power.

MMR is on default btw. Game is level but it's steep... 8 or 9 degrees, outlanes wide.

#2652 2 years ago

What do you have set for a completed Royal Madness award, an extra ball or the 15 million points? I have factory set extra ball but might change the configuration to award the points.

#2653 2 years ago

Extra ball.

#2654 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What do you have set for a completed Royal Madness award, an extra ball or the 15 million points? I have factory set extra ball but might change the configuration to award the points.

Extra ball all the way. I find it pretty tough to complete Royale Madness, so knowing an extra ball is there makes me focus more and makes it more intense.

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Extra ball all the way. I find it pretty tough to complete Royale Madness, so knowing an extra ball is there makes me focus more and makes it more intense.

I am trying to find ways to finally crack 100 million, thought that getting 15 million on completing RM might help. I might play a few games with the 15 mil award to see what happens..Got to the King of Payne castle last night and fell short of destroying it, have not gotten castle crusher yet. I think castle crusher (castle #6) is worth 20 million?

#2656 2 years ago

I am trying to find ways to finally crack 100 million, thought that getting 15 million on completing RM might help. I might play a few games with the 15 mil award to see what happens..Got to the King of Payne castle last night and fell short of destroying it, have not gotten castle crusher yet. I think castle crusher (castle #6) is worth 20 million?

Funny thing is, since adjusting my flippers, I can't seem to crack 80M.

I think I had everything dialled in perfectly, and now it's off.

Big points are also scored during a multiball, and if you're able to super jackpot on castle multi ball, then you have loads of points there.

#2657 2 years ago

Question...... does anyone know if drawbridge or gate hits make the shaker go off on MMR. Just want to be sure

#2658 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Question...... does anyone know if drawbridge or gate hits make the shaker go off on MMR. Just want to be sure

My shaker goes off with castle explosions and when the trolls initially come up on Trolls Start. No other hits to the castle though.

#2659 2 years ago

My shaker goes off with castle explosions and when the trolls initially come up on Trolls Start. No other hits to the castle though.

Should go off when the catapult launches as well (at least the one on location near me does)

#2660 2 years ago

is there a trick for pulling the speaker panel out? Mine is "stuck" and doesn't want to lift.....

#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

is there a trick for pulling the speaker panel out? Mine is "stuck" and doesn't want to lift.....

Nope, should just lift, allowing you to pivot it forward....

You did remove the translite I presume....

#2662 2 years ago

Was on the phone with Dave at CG. He is looking at the PWM controller to adjust strength of the shaker like we do with SAM games

He said it’s should be fine as the system runs on 50 volt coil power but he will get back to me when he looks over

Great guy to talk to

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

But it’s magic. I cannot reccomend this highly enough. The rattle is gone!

YESSSS! Same for me. The upgraded speakers and sub were causing a super-annoying buzzing sound on the mid-right side of my cabinet. It sounded like bad electrical noise. Installed tape, and it's GONE...

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

YESSSS! Same for me. The upgraded speakers and sub were causing a super-annoying buzzing sound on the mid-right side of my cabinet. It sounded like bad electrical noise. Installed tape, and it's GONE...

Pinball Pro is out of stock on the tape. Any insight on where to get it?

#2665 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nope, should just lift, allowing you to pivot it forward....
You did remove the translite I presume....

Yeah, felt like something was holding the lcd down still...,

#2666 2 years ago

if someone is interested in the speaker logos

drop me a pm i will get some again

4585361be1e35b591265852937d5a431b9821efb (resized).jpg

#2667 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yup, and nope.

Just the catapult, destroy a castle, and trolls initial pop up. Make the shaker go.

#2668 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If it doesn't move with the instructions below something is holding it up. Check it carefully before applying force. It may just be tight. But it doesn't lift straight up and out. It lifts very slightly then tilts forward on to the playfield glass.

Screenshot_20171116-015724 (resized).png

#2669 2 years ago

Had an awesome game yesterday, getting my third highest score of 301M. Got to BFTK and failed, and then made it two castles away from a second attempt.

Since adjusting my flippers, I feel like the game is off a bit. Curious to know how many people line up their flipper with the bat against a toothpick, the rubber against the toothpick, or just lined up with the ball guide and a straight edge?

I had the game playing like a dream, and now even though it's fun to play, something just feels "off".

#2670 2 years ago

"Is that a sword in your pocket"

#2671 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

wait, what mod is this? I went crazy with my speakers and sub, i do have some rattling...

#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

wait, what mod is this? I went crazy with my speakers and sub, i do have some rattling...

This: http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Worked for me, but I had to do it twice. There should be other sellers out there.

#2673 2 years ago

I’ve asked before, butnis this just painters masking tape? Or has anyone tried that?

#2674 2 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

This: http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/
Worked for me, but I had to do it twice. There should be other sellers out there.

What actually is it a type... of mylar ?

#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’ve asked before, butnis this just painters masking tape? Or has anyone tried that?

I used ordinary painters tape on the edges of the glass and it solved my buzzing sound from the speakers.

#2676 2 years ago

**Help wanted**

Does anyone know where this plastic piece belongs? It ended up down near my flippers mid game.. I can't seem to find where it's from .

Thanks.

IMG_0610.JPG

#2677 2 years ago

From the stack of clear plastics around the flasher, rear left corner of the playfield.

LTG : )

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It's clear. Not masking tape. The blue is the backing that you peel off.

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What actually is it a type... of mylar ?

Some kind of clear thick tape.

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From the stack of clear plastics around the flasher, rear left corner of the playfield.
LTG : )

Thank you ltg .

#2681 2 years ago

I'm finally going to order an MMr in the next month or two, and want to pick up the right accessories.

Mantis & Cliffy protectors, new speakers and a sub (maybe the pinnovator package?), probably a pinstadium kit. Any other must-haves?

One thing I'd like but haven't found is a headphone kit, is there one that works on MMr?

#2682 2 years ago

Is there another MMR run on the way? Sounds like AFMR for the forseeable future, and after that they might be onto Remake 3: The Remakening.

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I'm finally going to order an MMr in the next month or two, and want to pick up the right accessories.
Mantis & Cliffy protectors, new speakers and a sub (maybe the pinnovator package?), probably a pinstadium kit. Any other must-haves?
One thing I'd like but haven't found is a headphone kit, is there one that works on MMr?

Pinbits plastic protectors are a must IMO....

#2684 2 years ago

When you just want to be sure

IMG_20171119_141510 (resized).jpg

#2685 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I've had good luck using plain black electrical tape. I have a roll that's a little less wide than standard so that I can install it and it not show with the glass on. The glass slides on nicely.

#2686 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you just want to be sure

Are you sure?

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

DMD Color chip and shaker. +1 on the Pinbits plastic protectors..

#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Pinbits plastic protectors are a must IMO....

DMD Color chip and shaker. +1 on the Pinbits plastic protectors..

Oh good catch, thanks!

No love on the headphones though?

#2689 2 years ago

Honesty....... pass on the shaker as it’s waaaaaay to strong.

#2690 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Complete respect for this opinion, because to each his own. I have heard it from others as well, so you’re not alone. But for me, it’s the best use of a shaker in any game. Castle destruction and catapult launch just aren’t the same when I play on a game without a shaker. Mine is factory in the LE and seems to be just the right amount of shake. No glass rattle.

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I turn the shakers off in all my games, can't stand them! Pinball machines don't need shakers

#2692 2 years ago

I love my shaker on castle and trolls. I agree it wouldn’t be the same without

#2693 2 years ago

You don't NEED the shaker, but it IS kinda cool.

#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You do know there is 3 different shaker settings in the menu right?

And why wouldn't you want it to go when the castle explodes?

Screenshot_20171121-030739 (resized).png

#2695 2 years ago

Recently I had a games meet at my place with about 30 people entered into the pinball comp spread over 12 pins (not all my games).

To my horror my Castle Moat Bridge failed to lower in the first comp game, the issue was quickly tracked down by the experienced pin techs there, the largest cog on the mech was spinning on the shaft. This seems like a very poor design destined to fail a simple spline on the shaft or a square section would stop this problem.
Mine is fixed with glue and seems to be holding up, I would possibly replace the cog but I can't see it for sale anywhere and it would just have the same issue anyway. (pic shows the glue on shaft)

Edited to better describe - Moat Bridge (not gate)

20171121_163502[1] (resized).jpg

#2696 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You do know there is 3 different shaker settings in the menu right?
And why wouldn't you want it to go when the castle explodes?

The trolls on light are still too strong for me, but I like the catapult and castle on default.

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

The trolls on light are still too strong for me, but I like the catapult and castle on default.

Agree about the trolls, that's the only one that shakes the glass, but I have some anti rattle tape on order..

#2698 2 years ago

Royal madness is the only time my glass rattles.

#2699 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Recently I had a games meet at my place with about 30 people entered into the pinball comp spread over 12 pins (not all my games).
To my horror my gate failed to lower in the first comp game, the issue was quickly tracked down by the experienced pin techs there, the largest cog on the mech was spinning on the shaft. This seems like a very poor design destined to fail a simple spline on the shaft or a square section would stop this problem.
Mine is fixed with glue and seems to be holding up, I would possibly replace the cog but I can't see it for sale anywhere and it would just have the same issue anyway. (pic shows the glue on shaft)

Contact CGC about the issue and see what their advise is.

#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You don't NEED the shaker, but it IS kinda cool.

You don’t NEED beer, but... (ok, do I really need to finish this statement?).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside