image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 205.
#2601 6 years ago

No. It's the switch attached to the moat VUK (on the left side of the playfield, and moat).

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

Thanks. Do you mean this thing? Not sure what to do.

Yes. Follow the wires and in plugs onto a board nearby. Unplug and replug a couple times, be sure it is on tight. Then you can check in Tests - Switch Edge, with a ball tossed into the left side of the castle.

LTG : )

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

No. It's the switch attached to the moat VUK (on the left side of the playfield, and moat).

His ejects okay, the moat switch isn't doing anything.

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

His ejects okay, the moat switch isn't doing anything.

Ah, it was a broad statement from mamefan; I was assuming he's talking about a ball search eject. It makes sense your way too.

All bases covered.

#2605 6 years ago

Joining the club finally. Just picked up a single owner MMR LE in black. Only 340 plays.
Only issue with it was when we went to break it down we found these laying in the cab under where the castle was. Anyone have an idea where they are from. Everything is functioning properly and couldn't see where they came off from. DIdn't have much time to mess with it and after a 1.5 hour drive I wasn't going to back out of the buy over a washer and C-clip.

Haven't even set up the game yet but hoping someone had the same thing happen and know where they went. Penny is for size reference.

22788947_1695472143816742_4431196081733995353_n (resized).jpg22788947_1695472143816742_4431196081733995353_n (resized).jpg

#2606 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

nyone have an idea where they are from.

Might be extras from when it was built. Save them. Anything comes apart, they might go there.

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be extras from when it was built. Save them. Anything comes apart, they might go there.

Hahaha! That's about what I said. "I'll find where they go once something falls off"

#2608 6 years ago

Got MMR #1708 today and with minimal adjustments, it is fantastic! I have owned 3 originals, including one high end restoration, and this is the best. Feels like a new original machine out of the box. I think the upgraded LCD and speakers will add a lot when that is available, hopefully next year.

#2609 6 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Got MMR #1708 today and with minimal adjustments, it is fantastic! I have owned 3 originals, including one high end restoration, and this is the best. Feels like a new original machine out of the box. I think the upgraded LCD and speakers will add a lot when that is available, hopefully next year.

I heard about them offering an upgraded LCD but nothing about upgraded speakers could you let us know what you heard about the upgraded speakers.

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I heard about them offering an upgraded LCD but nothing about upgraded speakers could you let us know what you heard about the upgraded speakers.

My understanding from Rick at PPS is they are planning a larger LCD like the one in AFMr LE and SE. It includes the speakers in the same panel. From what he told me, it sounds like this is on the list of things to do into 2018. They are behind on it as their efforts are going into CGC #3 right now. It would be some sort of aftermarket upgrade. Sounds like they haven't sorted it all out but it is planned as of a few weeks ago when I spoke to him.

#2611 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also curious to know how the tape works out. Not that it's a huge bother, but I guess if I could eliminate the rattling it would be better. Please update us.

It’s absolutely magic. Oh my god. I am stunned. It’s a very thin strip of tape that you apply parallel to the edge of the glass and wrap around to the back in a single, long stripe. You end up with two long strips, one on either edge of the glass longways. You wrap it all the way around to the back.

It was a two person job as you have to keep it straight and keep the backing peeled back as you apply it.

But it’s magic. I cannot reccomend this highly enough. The rattle is gone!

#2612 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are they slots or tabs with holes in the cliffy? You need the slotted one. The hole underneath IMHO is required. The arm of the cliffy will bend back and impede the ball as it falls into the hole, you will cut balls and damage the protector and nicks to the playfield from a nicked ball.

Here is the protector I have.

IMG_20171028_020304 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_020304 (resized).jpg

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

I just installed pinballpro speakers (with standard sub) in my MMR but don't notice a difference. I bought them so the voices would be more clear, but I don't think they are. I used the crimping clips that came with it instead of solder. Would that matter? The original speakers were soldered to the wires.

To clarify, the bass is definitely stronger, but I don't notice clearer or louder voices. That's what I want. I wish I could turn those up independent of the music.

#2614 6 years ago

New speakers in!

backboxbackbox

cabinetcabinet

Like some have said, it's not AMAZINGLY better, but it IS better, and I think for $40 and maybe an hour install time you can't go wrong.

Honestly, I think the cab speaker makes a significant difference. I tested the new backbox speakers, then went back in and installed the cab speaker, and everything sounded fuller and punchier.

Plus, it looks pretty legit.

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s absolutely magic. Oh my god. I am stunned. It’s a very thin strip of tape that you apply parallel to the edge of the glass and wrap around to the back in a single, long stripe. You end up with two long strips, one on either edge of the glass longways. You wrap it all the way around to the back.
It was a two person job as you have to keep it straight and keep the backing peeled back as you apply it.
But it’s magic. I cannot reccomend this highly enough. The rattle is gone!

How much was the tape including shipping? Would painters tape work the same?

#2616 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

How much was the tape including shipping? Would painters tape work the same?

About $25

http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

And worth every darn cent. Still amazed.

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here is the protector I have.

You might want to send an email to Cliff. The protector you pictured is not the one I have, mine has tab and slots on the topside and like that one a tab and hole underneath. The moat plastic protector, the metal feature that protrudes down, is straight down on yours, mine has a bend line about halfway down and sticks out into the hole to deflect and guide the ball better so the moat plastic is not impacted. So, yours is definitely different and might be old stock design. Contact Cliff.

#2618 6 years ago

Got my MMr working again and gave it some test plays. Got every extra ball I know of (video mode, castle super jackpot, etc) I got to bftk on Ball one. Then I hit all the shots. Trolls come up. Ball gets hung up on the right troll while my timer is ticking!! Gave it a nudge (I had to do this earlier in the game on that stupid right troll) and...Tilt. Yep. Do over. My son walks up and says, “did you have any troll bombs?” Yeah. Like three.

#2619 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Got my MMr working again and gave it some test plays. Got every extra ball I know of (video mode, castle super jackpot, etc) I got to bftk on Ball one. Then I hit all the shots. Trolls come up. Ball gets hung up on the right troll while my timer is ticking!! Gave it a nudge (I had to do this earlier in the game on that stupid right troll) and...Tilt. Yep. Do over. My son walks up and says, “did you have any troll bombs?” Yeah. Like three.

Is this at home? How many home MMRs have the tilt enabled?

#2620 6 years ago

All my home pins have tilt enabled, helps when one practices for league and/or tournaments.....

#2621 6 years ago

Yeah, mine too. ALTHOUGH it didn't when I picked it up... hmmm!

#2622 6 years ago

I upgraded my speakers so figured I'd add some lights. Not interactive, rgb fade effects. Ran them off the 12v source in the front of the cabinet.

20171029_134657 (resized).jpg20171029_134657 (resized).jpg

20171029_134702 (resized).jpg20171029_134702 (resized).jpg

20171029_134639 (resized).jpg20171029_134639 (resized).jpg

#2623 6 years ago

Its at home. I have tilt on all my machines (usually set at the most generous setting). I feel like nudging is part of the game, but so is knowing where the limit is.

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Its at home. I have tilt on all my machines (usually set at the most generous setting). I feel like nudging is part of the game, but so is knowing where the limit is.

I have no tilt bob installed and do not nudge the machine whatsoever. Just the way I like to play. Actually when there are streams with "pros" I see that some of those guys just push the machine around. Then there are others with real skill like Elwin and Bowen.

#2625 6 years ago

Just wondering if all the new CG MMRs have been built and have shipped? I am supposed to be getting mine this weekend as its on a tk. for delivery to distributor today.

#2626 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just wondering if all the new CG MMRs have been built and have shipped? I am supposed to be getting mine this weekend as its on a tk. for delivery to distributor today.

Yep, according to a post on Pinside by Doug last week:

“Hello everyone!
It’s hard to believe that the holiday season is knocking on the door. This year has blown by so quickly.
Update:
1. AFMR’s are coming down the line. There was again a slight lag in switching over the line from MMR, but things are progressing quite well. We continue to produce games six days a week.
2. We ended up building 300 MMR’s. While some are still waiting to be matched with some overseas containers, they are all allocated to our dealers.“

#2627 6 years ago

Mine get here Saturday thx do doughslingers !!!

#2628 6 years ago

Just bought mine, it arrives tomorrow night! So stoked! Now I just have to read through 53 pages of forum to see what all needs to be done out of the box! Ahhh! MMR tommorrow, Houdini for the new year!!

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Just bought mine, it arrives tomorrow night! So stoked! Now I just have to read through 53 pages of forum to see what all needs to be done out of the box! Ahhh! MMR tommorrow, Houdini for the new year!!

I'll save you some time... not too dang much! Set it up and start playing!

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Yeah, just set it up and play. But be sure to order some Cliffy's and Mantis protectors.

I have about 1500 games on mine, and their is chipping all around the castles, and the shooter lane was starting to get chewed up a bit. With the protectors on, I think I'm covered.

Enjoy!

#2631 6 years ago

Funny, my left flipper came lose, so I decided to take the opportunity to replace coil sleeves in both. Realigned the flippers, and just feel like I'm no longer in the sweet spot. Went from hitting my highest score of 411M to barely hitting 60M in the last two weeks of playing it. Arghhhhhh!

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

For me i just had to rotate the spring clip and that solved the ball getting stuck behind the right troll. It's the little retention clip that holds the spring in. Rotate it so the curved part sticks out instead of the ends.

Hope that helps.

#2633 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

For me i just had to rotate the spring clip and that solved the ball getting stuck behind the right troll. It's the little retention clip that holds the spring in. Rotate it so the curved part sticks out instead of the ends.
Hope that helps.

I’ll look at that! Thanks.

#2634 6 years ago

Is anyone else having the ball come off the right orbit and hitting the sling, especially on a slower roll like a marlin hole eject? I'm having a hard time dialing it in

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Is anyone else having the ball come off the right orbit and hitting the sling, especially on a slower roll like a marlin hole eject? I'm having a hard time dialing it in

Yup, had that issue not too long ago. Had to slightly bend the metal ball guide on the right orbit to allow the ball to drop to the flipper rather than the sling.

#2636 6 years ago

interested in this mod?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-speskergrill

58b146abe10d418e05ed3c2c9883a822ca66c5d8 (resized).jpg58b146abe10d418e05ed3c2c9883a822ca66c5d8 (resized).jpg

#2637 6 years ago

This came up in my Youtube feed a few days ago. How the hell is this guy hitting a score like this!?!? I put up 411M and thought I was the man for a minute, but this guy is on some next level shit!

#2638 6 years ago

Obviously didn't see the whole game but he seems like a decent player.

That all red lighting looks like ass, IMO.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

This came up in my Youtube feed a few days ago. How the hell is this guy hitting a score like this!?!? I put up 411M and thought I was the man for a minute, but this guy is on some next level shit!
» YouTube video

I watched some of it, that many castle gate shots without a single SDTM and always returning to a flipper makes this suspect.

#2640 6 years ago

I watched some of it, that many castle gate shots without a single SDTM and always returning to a flipper makes this suspect.

I had that kind of consistency on my old MM... Castle Crusher was almost a foregone conclusion in any serious game! On my MMR tho the castle is a BASTARD.

My theory is that it is because the flippers hit harder... so EVERYTHING else is easier and the castle gate is death.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, just set it up and play. But be sure to order some Cliffy's and Mantis protectors.
I have about 1500 games on mine, and their is chipping all around the castles, and the shooter lane was starting to get chewed up a bit. With the protectors on, I think I'm covered.
Enjoy!

Can the castle Mantis protector be ordered separately or do you have to order the full protector kit?

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can the castle Mantis protector be ordered separately or do you have to order the full protector kit?

Yup, you can order separately. Just email them.

#2643 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I had that kind of consistency on my old MM... Castle Crusher was almost a foregone conclusion in any serious game! On my MMR tho the castle is a BASTARD.
My theory is that it is because the flippers hit harder... so EVERYTHING else is easier and the castle gate is death.

When I watch videos of people playing original MM, it does always seem like castle shot return pretty safely to the flipper. Since you've owned both, what one do you enjoy playing more?

#2644 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yup, you can order separately. Just email them.

Where do you order the Mantis protectors from? Can you post a link

#2645 6 years ago

I consider myself a decent player and my best score is only about 150 million. I haven't even gotten one video mode in 5 months! To be honest, I haven't really played it all that much, but I suspect that many of those scoring consistently in the billions don't have the machine set at 6.5 degrees or more and have probably adjusted some of the settings to make the game easier (5 balls a game, extra balls easier to get, etc.).

#2646 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where do you order the Mantis protectors from? Can you post a link

https://mantispinball.com/

#2647 6 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I consider myself a decent player and my best score is only about 150 million. I haven't even gotten one video mode in 5 months! To be honest, I haven't really played it all that much, but I suspect that many of those scoring consistently in the billions don't have the machine set at 6.5 degrees or more and have probably adjusted some of the settings to make the game easier (5 balls a game, extra balls easier to get, etc.).

Especially since on the video mentioned the guy had 1.5 billion and previous high score was 315 million. Why would he be cognizant enough to record himself in the first place to greatly beat any previous score on the machine? Highly suspect, but doesn't matter much anyway, there's a lot of configuration differences from machine to machine and MM to MMR for that matter to get hung up on relative scoring..

#2648 6 years ago

Especially since on the video mentioned the guy had 1.5 billion and previous high score was 315 million. Why would he be cognizant enough to record himself in the first place to greatly beat any previous score on the machine? Highly suspect, but doesn't matter much anyway, there's a lot of configuration differences from machine to machine and MM to MMR for that matter to get hung up on relative scoring..

Even if he changed the game to 10 ball, you can see him get to BFTK in one ball I believe, and he does multiple BFTKs. Maybe it's his game, maybe it's his skill. I have no idea. I'm fairly new to the hobby, so I'm in no position to comment. But I've watched a couple of his videos, and he seems legit. He murders Ghostbusters, and that is a game that I find to be gruelling. I think the guy is pretty damn good at pinball, and his IFPA ranking put him at 96th.

I've owned the game since January, and my highest score is 411M. But for the first 5-6 months, I could barely hit 100M. I've now been to BFTK 9 or 10 times, and I've beaten it 3 times. I have my game set to 3 balls, with an extra ball given out at 82,000 million currently.

I really need some more time on an original MM to really feel the difference in game play. I feel like the game might be a little more fun if the castle shots weren't so dangerous. Just hard to find one that is in good enough condition that you can really make a fair comparison to MMR.

#2649 6 years ago

What exactly are the 3 standup targets on the right side of MMR for?

#2650 6 years ago

What exactly are the 3 standup targets on the right side of MMR for?

Relights Merlin Magic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/53?hl=mamefan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.