IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 204.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Want to confirm the knocker can't be disabled in the software?

No.

Assuming it can't is there a molex to unplug that doesn't disable the shaker too?

Just unplug the knocker from the board in the head. Follow the knocker wires.

LTG : )

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Just unplug the knocker from the board in the head. Follow the knocker wires.

My knocker wires do not appear to go into the board in the head. They appear to go down into the cabinet.

#2453 6 years ago

My knocker wires do not appear to go into the board in the head. They appear to go down into the cabinet.

Sorry. My mistake. Follow where they go and see if there is a connector below the playfield for it.

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Do you have the new one made by Chicago Gaming Co?

Im not sure, how would i Know.. i just got it in August...

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks LTG for the link. lermods, I’d th protector you have different than the one on the link LTG put above?
I have Cliffys coming also, did not know I needed both them and Mantis!
Can I play a few dozen games before installing all this, not sure I can wait

I have 500 games on mine and no noticeable wear, so I'm sure you'll be fine!

#2456 6 years ago

It came today

DSCF0005 (resized).JPGDSCF0005 (resized).JPG

DSCF0007 (resized).JPGDSCF0007 (resized).JPG

#2457 6 years ago

Any one have a Medieval Madness Merlin Hole Protector for sale. The flat one for on top of the PF ? Everybody is sold out.

#2458 6 years ago

Thanks @gunstarhero, I am passing on the playfield protector for now, will do cliffys/mantis and a few spots of mylar as recommended.

I get my machine Wednesday, it is my first NIB pin! Do I need to clean and wax before playing my first game?

#2459 6 years ago

It connected directly to the power supply in the bottom of the cabinet. Just unplug it there.
I did it on mine. Labeled knocker right beside fuse F4

Screenshot_20171010-001938 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171010-001938 (resized).png

#2460 6 years ago

Quick question, under "bookkeeping" my game shows 1809 total plays, but then shows 1530 1 player games, and about 100 game for 2-4 player games. That's about a 200 game difference.

Trying to figure out exactly how many games have been played.

It also shows game started as 3045.

#2461 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It connected directly to the power supply in the bottom of the cabinet. Just unplug it there.
I did it on mine. Labeled knocker right beside fuse F4

Thank you for this response. I had not had time to look under the play field since my last post. I am glad the knocker can be disabled by itself. I had previously read that it was tied into the shaker motor molex plug so I'm glad to find out that is not the case!

#2462 6 years ago

Just had a quick game over lunch and got BFTK and a new GC!

IMG_20171011_114927 (resized).jpgIMG_20171011_114927 (resized).jpg

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just had a quick game over lunch and got BFTK and a new GC!

Dude you are a BEAST! That’s awesome.

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks gunstarhero, I am passing on the playfield protector for now, will do cliffys/mantis and a few spots of mylar as recommended.
I get my machine Wednesday, it is my first NIB pin! Do I need to clean and wax before playing my first game?

What are the recommended mylar spots?

#2465 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question, under "bookkeeping" my game shows 1809 total plays, but then shows 1530 1 player games, and about 100 game for 2-4 player games. That's about a 200 game difference.
Trying to figure out exactly how many games have been played.
It also shows game started as 3045.

I would guess that somebody shut the game down during 200 games and re-started the machine because they did not like that they drained 2 balls quickly. Look at Total Games Started.

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I would guess that somebody shut the game down during 200 games and re-started the machine because they did not like that they drained 2 balls quickly. Look at Total Games Started.

Total games started is 3045!

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Total games started is 3045!

That's a lot of Ball 1s.

#2468 6 years ago

I must have my machine set way too hard. I’ve had my game since May and I still haven’t seen video mode or broken 100,000,000!

#2469 6 years ago

Pitch, settings and skill matters. At 7.1 degrees here (with all stock settings) and it takes skill to break out.

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's a lot of Ball 1s.

Hahahahahahaha... Yup, I think my wife is responsible for more than half of that. If she doesn't have a good first ball, she's out!

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I must have my machine set way too hard. I’ve had my game since May and I still haven’t seen video mode or broken 100,000,000!

6.7 degrees! That's the sweet spot for me. Oh, and lots of nudging!

#2472 6 years ago

What's involved in installing a shaker motor? Any preference on a supplier? Thanks!

#2473 6 years ago

What are the recommended mylar spots?

I put in: Drop from the Damsel tower, kickout from the castle moats, kickout from Merlin.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

What's involved in installing a shaker motor? Any preference on a supplier? Thanks!

I got it from Planetary Pinball. The only issue there is they have expensive shipping options only. You need to buy some thread locker, for the 4 hold-down screws, like Loctite Blue 242 I think I bought.

#2475 6 years ago

Norm, the shaker motor should only take you 5 minutes to install. It is plug and play. Use Locktite on the screws as previously recommended and stated in the instructions.

#2476 6 years ago

The flipper travel on my MMR feels short, I think others have reported the same. Do AI need a shorter coil stop or is it the plunger shaft that needs to be changed?

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The flipper travel on my MMR feels short, I think others have reported the same. Do AI need a shorter coil stop or is it the plunger shaft that needs to be changed?

Where’s it adjusted to?

I had to raise them up alittle on mine

#2478 6 years ago

Anyone know the factory spec flipper rubber? I replaced it with. I think, a thicker rubber and it plays way different, cradles are very easy now and flipper tips save more balls from draining.

#2479 6 years ago

new personal best today. Collected all catapult items but failed to start Barnyard. I assume I have to complete it once more to start it?

Bug I found, and probably already reported, had two EBs to be collected and Royal Madness qualified. Hit merlin and was awarded an EB but it ejected without starting RM.

IMG_7007 (resized).JPGIMG_7007 (resized).JPG

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

new personal best today. Collected all catapult items but failed to start Barnyard. I assume I have to complete it once more to start it?
Bug I found, and probably already reported, had two EBs to be collected and Royal Madness qualified. Hit merlin and was awarded an EB but it ejected without starting RM.

Nice score!!!

Yup, you collect all 5 catapults and then hit it one more time to start BM. It's a hoot!

#2481 6 years ago

Anyone know the factory spec flipper rubber? I replaced it with. I think, a thicker rubber and it plays way different, cradles are very easy now and flipper tips save more balls from draining.

I just use standard rubbers from Pinball Life and they feel exactly the same. I stay away from Superbands and Titans because I'm not a fan of the way they play.

Also, does anyone happen to know how many or for how late night CGC will be making MMRs?

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, does anyone happen to know how many or for how late night CGC will be making MMRs?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/25#post-3999642

#2483 6 years ago

I was wondering if the "flipper button incandescent fade issue" with software version 2.0.2 was still present, I've still got 2.0.1 but am hesitant to upgrade.

Apologies if this has been resolved or answered already!

#2484 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I just use standard rubbers from Pinball Life and they feel exactly the same. I stay away from Superbands and Titans because I'm not a fan of the way they play.

Is this the standard rubber you use? This is exactly what I put on my machine to replace the factory black flipper rubber and it feels very different as I stated, it is very easy to cradle now and the flipper tips prevent a lot of drains. Feels like cheating in comparison to the factory black rubber.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=74

#2485 6 years ago

Is this the standard rubber you use? This is exactly what I put on my machine to replace the factory black flipper rubber and it feels very different as I stated, it is very easy to cradle now and the flipper tips prevent a lot of drains. Feels like cheating in comparison to the factory black rubber.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=74

Different color of flipper rubbers do have different bounce characteristics. I've never tried yellow before, but I know that Black is least, then red, then Gottlieb's blue. Dunno where these Yellows fit in.

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Different color of flipper rubbers do have different bounce characteristics. I've never tried yellow before, but I know that Black is least, then red, then Gottlieb's blue. Dunno where these Yellows fit in.

Thanks! Yellow allows a very easy cradle as I stated earlier, and the tip bounces save drains. The black was not like this at all.

#2487 6 years ago

Thanks! Yellow allows a very easy cradle as I stated earlier, and the tip bounces save drains. The black was not like this at all.

I've only used black on MMR, and it feels the same to me.

#2488 6 years ago

"Winding down production". Does that mean for the current batch, or is this the end of the line?

Seems there is still a lot of demand for the game, so keeping up production albeit lower volume would be great to hear.

#2489 6 years ago

Joining the club in a few hours! Super pumped...traded TSPP + cash for NIB MMR!

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've only used black on MMR, and it feels the same to me.

The same as I am describing yellow is like you mean? Are you using the factory shipped black flipper rubber?

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where’s it adjusted to?
I had to raise them up alittle on mine

I've used the adjustment holes but also tried to keep them in-line with the lane guides. It's hard to catch and even cradle the ball if it travels fast as the flippers don't seem to travel far enough (compared to other pins I have)

#2492 6 years ago

The same as I am describing yellow is like you mean? Are you using the factory shipped black flipper rubber?

The black ones from PL feel the same as the ones that shipped with the game.

#2493 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I've used the adjustment holes but also tried to keep them in-line with the lane guides. It's hard to catch and even cradle the ball if it travels fast as the flippers don't seem to travel far enough (compared to other pins I have)

I have mine set so the flipper bat (without rubber) rest on the toothpick. I know some people complain it's tough to cradle, but I personally like the way ramp and catapult shots feel at this alignment.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

I was wondering if the "flipper button incandescent fade issue" with software version 2.0.2 was still present, I've still got 2.0.1 but am hesitant to upgrade.
Apologies if this has been resolved or answered already!

Nobody knows?

#2495 6 years ago

I just added a blue LED strip under the play field to accent my trolls better .

And I like it!

IMG_0323.JPGIMG_0323.JPG

#2496 6 years ago

Is there a place to report bugs and such? I notice that there is some text loss on the Merlin's Magic screen after the color upgrade.

Also, it might just be me, but I really like some of the color choices ColorDMD used as opposed to the official PPS/CGC color... like the green castle moat and the sky not being bright blue... I mean, it is what it is and the MMR Color Upgrade looks WAY better overall, I just feel like the CDMD colors fit the game better.

#2497 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Is there a place to report bugs and such? I notice that there is some text loss on the Merlin's Magic screen after the color upgrade.
Also, it might just be me, but I really like some of the color choices ColorDMD used as opposed to the official PPS/CGC color... like the green castle moat and the sky not being bright blue... I mean, it is what it is and the MMR Color Upgrade looks WAY better overall, I just feel like the CDMD colors fit the game better.

I would have liked the option to have no dots and filled in graphics.

#2498 6 years ago

Finally joined the club with a NIB MMR, love it!!! 58mil high score so far. ☹

#2499 6 years ago

For anyone who is interested: I replace one of the green troll heads, the right side one to be specific. Here was the procedure that I used, after lessons learned doing it.

1) I bought a troll head for $20 including shipping. Note that the troll heads have a thin border of troll plastic on the bottom fringe below the lower hole in the head. This is a weak spot that breaks fairly easily and should have been more robust. Anyway:
2) I put an object between the bottom end of the troll assembly solenoid plunger and the bracket underneath the playfield. This lifted the troll head assembly above the playfield so I could work on it.
3) I put a post sleeve underneath the trap door top of the troll assembly to get some clearance to the troll head.
4) I bought at Home Depot and used a 5/16 ignition wrench ($2.49) to get the 2 screws off. I also experimented with using a cut post sleeve between the back of the troll head and the bracket behind it to create a bigger gap to access the screws. This eventually I found out, was not needed, but some might get some help from doing that.
5) Slide the old troll head off and install the new one. Note that there is a black little flange plate with 2 holes cut in it. The screws go thru this little flange plate, which rests in the groove outline at the back of the troll head. Set the screws in the holes by hand and tighten.

Good luck, I hope this was helpful!

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Finally joined the club with a NIB MMR, love it!!! 58mil high score so far. ☹

Congrats!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/50?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.