image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 205.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

how to resolve it

You might have to bend the bracket holding the gate up a tiny bit.

LTG : )

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm have a small, sometimes when I shoot the left loop, and I don't get enough speed on the ball. The ball gets stuck under the left gate, and need to remove the glass to free the ball. The gate operates fine on the skill shot and also the right loop. But every now and then it's getting trapped. Anyone else have this issue or ideas how to resolve it

I have that issue as well. It happens at least one of three games. Going to try what Llyod recommends.

#204 8 years ago

Anyone have a fix for the ball occasionally hitting the moat eject mech while shooting the left orbit?

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have a fix for the ball occasionally hitting the moat eject mech while shooting the left orbit?

My MMr does that too.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine did this when I first got the machine but after adjusting the flippers properly it rarely happens now. Not sure why or how, but I forgot it even happened until I read this post.

#207 8 years ago
#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Im wondering if there is anyone out there who has or is waiting on a MMRLE.

Yes, there are about 500 of us. I'm not bailing at this point for ~$150 profit.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, there are about 500 of us. I'm not bailing at this point for ~$150 profit.

Yeah no way is that happening

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Im wondering if there is anyone out there who has or is waiting on a MMRLE. I'm Not picky about what trim color at all I think they all look good. I'd be willing to pay $8500 to get one to my doorstep. Thanks

Post a WTB - there's probably someone out there that's sick of waiting and ready to cash out.

#211 8 years ago

One really small insignificant thing that bugs me about MMR - there's no instant acknowledgement that the game is on. No beep, no light of any kind - there's a several second delay of nothing after flipping the switch before anything happens where you have to wonder if its even on.

Probably shouldn't bug me, but it does.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah no way is that happening

Actually just bought a spot for a black le yesterday for $8300 from a guy that was tired of the "it's shipping in two weeks" story (he's got 3 of those emails) he called me and said he had decided to cash out and go a diffrent route after all the stress of being paid in full for almost 2 years. He also really wants a IJ so I told him I would do my best to help him find a nice one, honestly that's the least I could do for him for hooking me up with his spot. Now I'm super excited that a MMR black is heading my way (eventually lol)

#213 8 years ago

I added spots on the slings for more lights on the playfield. What you guys think of it ?

Before...

IMGP0700.JPGIMGP0700.JPG

After with spots...

IMGP0713.JPGIMGP0713.JPG

#214 8 years ago

Man those spots look great!!!

#215 8 years ago

Thanks Drewblood !! I had an outside commentary that the playfield was too dark. I did not put posts because I ordered the wrong one.

MMR has #8/32 tap instead of #6/32....but the result would has been the same with.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Ok, maybe I'm just blind, but I've looked through the manual several times and have not found how to disable to knocker when you get a match or free game. I know it's traditional to have the loud knock, but it always scares the bajeezus out of whoever is nearby! I figure it's under the A. Adjustments or U. Utilities part of the menu but can't seem to find it.
Also, can't wait for that color DMD to come out. I saw it at the Chicago Pinball Expo, and it looks beautiful and very very well done.

if you're not doing knocks,you're doing it wrong.

#217 8 years ago

So where do you download the colorization file?

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

So where do you download the colorization file?

Not yet available. There will be a charge so not a free download when it comes.

#219 8 years ago

My drawbridge has gone crazy - it won't stay up or down in the same position (for instance, when it "closes", it lower the bridge, and then raises it back up like 1/4". Anyone have this issue?

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

I added spots on the slings for more lights on the playfield. What you guys think of it ?
Before...
IMGP0700.JPG
After with spots...
IMGP0713.JPG

looks great!!! We're did u tie them into? Clipped or soider?

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

My drawbridge has gone crazy

Go into Tests - find the drawbridge test. Run it. See if the two switches for it are working in that test.

#222 8 years ago

Just got an email from my distributor, "getting close" on my second MMR and I had the last minute choice of trim color. I went with black as #1 was gold and now I can tell them apart.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Just got an email from my distributor, "getting close" on my second MMR and I had the last minute choice of trim color. I went with black as #1 was gold and now I can tell them apart.

Black looks awesome

That's what I got on mine.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Second one? I just want my first. Been waiting since 2005.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#226 8 years ago

My LE arrives on Monday (black trim). They are getting shipped out, just not as fast as anyone would like.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Any word on the full color DMD yet?

At Expo CGC was hoping before the end of the year. They showed it there 90% done. It looked amazing.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Second one? I just want my first. Been waiting since 2005.

Sorry man, I liked the first so much when I had a shot at a second one I jumped on it. The positive to take from it is that I think you're REALLY gonna like yours when you get it.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Sorry man, I liked the first so much when I had a shot at a second one I jumped on it. The positive to take from it is that I think you're REALLY gonna like yours when you get it.

I hope I still do. 10 years is a long time to be waiting for a game. The excitement has long waned, now it's just frustration.

By the way, it's perplexingly not announced but if you don't have your money in you're at the back of the line. Heard it from the horses mouth. People with money in WILL get theirs first, even if they just ordered a month ago. How's that for another slap in the face?

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I hope I still do. 10 years is a long time to be waiting for a game. The excitement has long waned, now it's just frustration.
By the way, it's perplexingly not announced but if you don't have your money in you're at the back of the line. Heard it from the horses mouth. People with money in WILL get theirs first, even if they just ordered a month ago. How's that for another slap in the face?

Is this from a particular distributor? Or a policy of CGC's? Seems counter to the explanation Rick was offering before that shipping order, payment collection etc. was being left to the distributors.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this from a particular distributor? Or a policy of CGC's? Seems counter to the explanation Rick was offering before that shipping order, payment collection etc. was being left to the distributors.

CGCs, but I'm sure Rick is right too. If CGC isn't paid they are going to the next on the list...so, unless your distributor is floating the money for you it's possible you're getting leapfrogged.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I paid for mine in Feb and not a peep from anyone since. They better get their act together if they want to make year end the deadline for completion. But maybe the quote "by the end of the year" means next year, 2016

#234 8 years ago

As I have only ever played a few different OG MMs a few times before, I'm curious if a few of the quirks that are sometimes happening with my MMR happened with the original as well.

Things like:

- Balls getting knocked around the playfield, often hitting the glass, during Troll Multi-ball.
- Multiple balls getting stuck in catapult with difficulty getting launched out.
- Multiple balls(usually 2+) getting stuck/hung up at pops exit area causing a "traffic jam".

Obviously multi-ball is a very chaotic event and things go crazy. The most annoying one of the above is the catapult. The traffic jam in the pops only happens once in a rare while. The balls getting launched around, especially into the glass by popping trolls is disconcerting to say the least, but that's pinball.

If there's some kind of fix for the catapult that would be nice. Not sure if upping the coil strength is the answer as on single ball it seems a bit too strong if I go much higher from default.

But mostly I was just wondering if the original exhibited the same sort of things.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

- Balls getting knocked around the playfield, often hitting the glass, during Troll Multi-ball.
- Multiple balls getting stuck in catapult with difficulty getting launched out.
- Multiple balls(usually 2+) getting stuck/hung up at pops exit area causing a "traffic jam".

I haven't tried increasing the catapult coil strength. I wonder if it helps?

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

As I have only ever played a few different OG MMs a few times before, I'm curious if a few of the quirks that are sometimes happening with my MMR happened with the original as well.
Things like:
Obviously multi-ball is a very chaotic event and things go crazy. The most annoying one of the above is the catapult. The traffic jam in the pops only happens once in a rare while. The balls getting launched around, especially into the glass by popping trolls is disconcerting to say the least, but that's pinball.
If there's some kind of fix for the catapult that would be nice. Not sure if upping the coil strength is the answer as on single ball it seems a bit too strong if I go much higher from default.
But mostly I was just wondering if the original exhibited the same sort of things.

Might want to read over this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-catapult-problem

#237 8 years ago

Thanks a bunch Drewblood419 for posting that link.

2 weeks later
#238 8 years ago

Any news on color dmd release date yet?

#239 8 years ago

December release is the last we heard. Hope we get it before Christmas.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

December release is the last we heard. Hope we get it before Christmas.

I'd settle for my game before xmas!

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd settle for my game before xmas!

me too.

#242 8 years ago

Me three..... At least for now I can watch the color file on YouTube, play MM on pinball arcade and stare at the blank spot in my lineup lol

#243 8 years ago

Just checking, does anyone know if the GI bulbs are niftyled's superbright frosted warm whites or non-ghosting frosted warm whites?

I have one out (straight out of the box) and need to get a replacement LED for it

Thanks,
-K

#244 8 years ago

I can't say I've tried this because I'm also waiting for my MMr , but I doubt you need non-ghosting LED's. You need non-ghosting LED's for machines that were originally designed for incandescent bulbs. That's obviously not the case here.

In fact, sometimes the use of non-ghosting LED's can be a problem for machines that were designed with LED's in mind. When I insert non-ghosting LED's in my Transformers LE (built with LED's at the factory), the LED ends up illuminating at times when it shouldn't or being too dim at other times.

#245 8 years ago

the MMR software has emulation built in to smooth-fade the bulbs on and off, and do LED dimming. the non-ghosting circuitry will partially break that feature, and probably detract from the overall light show.

additionally, i don't think GI has ever had a "ghosting" problem anyway -- i thought that was only a problem with controlled lighting (inserts, etc).

non-ghosting LEDs do not dim smoothly, and would be inappropriate for GI.

1 week later
#246 8 years ago

Subtle change Sunday: I replaced the stock white flipper bats with yellow to better blend with the plastics & PF art in that area.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#247 8 years ago

Has anyone shot a troll as it was going down and had the ball get trapped there? Happened once recently. Figured that was pretty rare to happen.

Small issue with my right return. When the ball reaches the end, it hits the end of the wire trail pretty hard and bounces back before it falls down into the inlane. On the left side, the ball drops smoothly. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe there is some adjustment/bending I could do.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Has anyone shot a troll as it was going down and had the ball get trapped there? Happened once recently. Figured that was pretty rare to happen.

I've seen it a handful of times on regular MM.

#249 8 years ago

I posted this in another MMR thread but this seems to be more active so thought posting again

Has anyone installed flipper button/cabinet protectors, the transparent kind that does not ruin the decal and can be peeled off?
Any recommendations, I only saw ones for Stern but not sure if they'll work
Thanks,
-K

#250 8 years ago

I've put LED flipper buttons on all my games so far. Will they work on this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.