IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 204.
#2401 6 years ago

Hey, do MMR's come with a manual?

#2402 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mine did, it was a Stern assembled model....

#2403 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mine arrived Friday. It came with a manual.

#2404 6 years ago

Thanks guys.

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

How am I supposed to know? When I joined pinside everyone told me to 1) leave my goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, 2) make sure I covered every conceivable square inch of the playfield with mylar or cliffy's to prevent any wear, 3) never lift the playfield for fear of scratching the inside of the cabinet, 4) only open the coin door to remove the glass so I could do #2 above and also add $4000 of mods in the form of plastic trolls, dragons, catapults and other mods to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Wait... what was the question again? Oh yeah, never mind... anyone interested in buying a HUO MMR LE with 4 plays total??

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yes.

You can download one too. Scroll down :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals.php

LTG : )

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

How am I supposed to know? When I joined pinside everyone told me to 1) leave my goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, 2) make sure I covered every conceivable square inch of the playfield with mylar or cliffy's to prevent any wear, 3) never lift the playfield for fear of scratching the inside of the cabinet, 4) only open the coin door to remove the glass so I could do #2 above and also add $4000 of mods in the form of plastic trolls, dragons, catapults and other mods to enhance my enjoyment of the game.
Wait... what was the question again? Oh yeah, never mind... anyone interested in buying a HUO MMR LE with 4 plays total??

It is funny because it is true!

The one contradiction of many collectors that always puzzled me was the ones who leave the goodie bag stapled (so it's original) but then they hack the crap out of the game to add every ugly tacky mod known to man. To me you should be on one side of the fence or the other. Lol

#2408 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Here's the gag. I bought the HUO MMR LE with 4 (hundred-ish) plays! The bag is still there, but no manual inside. So I asked my buddy if he still had it and he can't remember it ever being there (he's kind of a space case at times) which is why I asked. I did DL the manual (thanks LTG) but I like having a hard copy to flip through when I'm bored, plus it just feels kinda wrong to not have it, you know?

#2409 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here's the gag. I bought the HUO MMR LE with 4 (hundred-ish) plays! The bag is still there, but no manual inside. So I asked my buddy if he still had it and he can't remember it ever being there, (he's kind of a space case at times) which is why I was asking. I did DL the manual (thanks LTG) but I like having a hard copy to flip through when I'm bored, plus it just feels kinda wrong to not have it, you know?

#2410 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Here's the gag. I bought the HUO MMR LE with 4 (hundred-ish) plays! The bag is still there, but no manual inside. So I asked my buddy if he still had it and he can't remember it ever being there (he's kind of a space case at times) which is why I asked. I did DL the manual (thanks LTG) but I like having a hard copy to flip through when I'm bored, plus it just feels kinda wrong to not have it, you know?

My game from CGC didn't come with anything inside or stapled to the cabinet (except a few things in the coin box) but the box came with a bag and manual (in other words the manual wasn't in the game like it was with my Ghostbusters from Stern). Maybe your friends came separate too and he forgot to put it in the game?

#2411 6 years ago

I'm not sure. I'll try again sometime.
003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG
I mean, I can only assume this was the manual. It did have the tilt bob and the flipper tool in the coinbox still, even the receipt. But no manual.

#2412 6 years ago

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and on the Support Help desk, open a ticket.

#2413 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and on the Support Help desk, open a ticket.

You can open a ticket for the original owner loosing/keeping his manual and not giving it to the new owner? I've never had any luck with stuff like that but I will say Chicago gaming (and it's Incredible support staff) have been amazing!

#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can open a ticket for the original owner loosing/keeping his manual and not giving it to the new owner

Yes. Put on there you'd like to buy one.

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I did. Thanks LTG!

#2416 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I prefer to call you Lloyd and ask you to read me yours! lol Hoping to see you at Expo this year. Only a few years to prep for the SS Billiards 50th anniversary!!

#2417 6 years ago

I am looking for advice. I had a busted right troll head on my MMR Standard. (Actually the lower hole in the back of the troll head is easily compromised as that hole has a very small margin of plastic at the bottom edge of the hole that breaks easily.) Anyway, after I swapped the troll head, the troll comes up from the playfield with the left troll when trolls are first started, as it should. Then that right troll immediate acts like it got a third strike and goes back into the playfield without any actual ball hits to it. Any idea what needs adjusting?

#2418 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I am looking for advice. I had a busted right troll head on my MMR Standard. (Actually the lower hole in the back of the troll head is easily compromised as that hole has a very small margin of plastic at the bottom edge of the hole that breaks easily.) Anyway, after I swapped the troll head, the troll comes up from the playfield with the left troll when trolls are first started, as it should. Then that right troll immediate acts like it got a third strike and goes back into the playfield without any actual ball hits to it. Any idea what needs adjusting?

Go into the switch diagnostics of the WMS menu....does it show that switch as closed??

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Go into the switch diagnostics of the WMS menu....does it show that switch as closed??

I'll check. Just had a 50 million game, getting Troll Madness was so much easier with the issue. Anyway, I might have assembled it wrong. What is the switch supposed to look like? There's a black tab on the stick, and I put the upper screw through it, as it had a hole on it, I did not know if this was right or turn it over and set it with the bottom screw in the back of the Troll Head.

#2420 6 years ago

Can't see that tab well here but it does look like it's pinned with the top screw. I'll check the diagnostics. How does that switch work mechanically?

MMR Troll (resized).JPGMMR Troll (resized).JPG

#2421 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What is the switch supposed to look like?

Leaf blade switch. Should be normally open. A ball hit closes it.

I'd go into Tests - Switch Edge - and hit it, see if the correct switch registers on the screen. You may have mixed up the up/down switch and troll face switch.

And be sure the troll head switch isn't stuck closed, or to sensitive and it triggers a hit on the way up.

#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Still waiting on my MMR. The York show slowed mine down.

Still waiting on my game. The color upgrade chip they got was bad. Now waiting for a new one. Plus the there delivery vehicle broke down. My luck

#2423 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Still waiting on my game. The color upgrade chip they got was bad. Now waiting for a new one. Plus the there delivery vehicle broke down. My luck

How would they know the chip was bad? Or did you ask your distributor to open the game up and install for you? Typically shaker motor and color chip come outside the game... no?

#2424 6 years ago

MMR is such a great pin !!
So much fun!!

Just thought I would throw that out there !!

#2425 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

MMR is such a great pin !!
So much fun!!
Just thought I would throw that out there !!

Agreed but I want to see video mode!

#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

How would they know the chip was bad? Or did you ask your distributor to open the game up and install for you? Typically shaker motor and color chip come outside the game... no?

I ask them to put it in.

#2427 6 years ago

About to get my MMR Standard, do they make a playfield protector for it? If so, where can I buy it and do folks recommend it.

Thanks

#2429 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

About to get my MMR Standard, do they make a playfield protector for it? If so, where can I buy it and do folks recommend it.
Thanks

dont forget the cliffys

#2430 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest a playfield protector. I installed one on my GOT and STTNG and hated it. Cliffy's for sure.

#2431 6 years ago

I have had a protector on my game from day 1, came with game, the one from Germany. No issues at all and knowing that when/if I ever decide to pull it I’ll basically have a brand new play field is pretty nice.

#2432 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dont forget the cliffys

Quoted from Higloss67:

I wouldn't suggest a playfield protector. I installed one on my GOT and STTNG and hated it. Cliffy's for sure.

Definite emphatic yes on the Cliffys, and I’d also recommend the Mantis protectors as well as a combo to protect the castle holes

#2433 6 years ago

Thanks LTG for the link. @lermods, I’d th protector you have different than the one on the link LTG put above?

I have Cliffys coming also, did not know I needed both them and Mantis!

Can I play a few dozen games before installing all this, not sure I can wait

#2434 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks LTG for the link. lermods, I’d th protector you have different than the one on the link LTG put above?

I don't know specifically where it came from only that it is the version from the German company. Don't know their name offhand. Seems pretty nice to me.

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks LTG for the link. lermods, I’d th protector you have different than the one on the link LTG put above?

Here is a pic of all of the Mantis MM protectors. I have both the Cliffy's and Mantis installed, all but the Merlin hole as I couldn't get either one to fit to my satisfaction. The Mantis one with path engraving on it is especially important as it protects the front of the castle.

medieval-madness-mmr-protector-set (resized).jpgmedieval-madness-mmr-protector-set (resized).jpg

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't know specifically where it came from only that it is the version from the German company. Don't know their name offhand. Seems pretty nice to me.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/aSTYomstUE6HqWCQUu_wpA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Medieval%20Madness%20(Remake)%20%7C%202016

#2437 6 years ago

Thanks aukraut, I have the Mantis protectors on order! How much time to put these and the Cliffys on for a fairly newbie?

LTG , how do those two protectors differ and to you recommend one over the other? Or do feel the protector is not needed or makes play worse? This is my first NIB game and will be a HUO game I own forever.

Thanks much to all of you, what an awesome resource you all are!!!

#2438 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

LTG , how do those two protectors differ and to you recommend one over the other? Or do feel the protector is not needed or makes play worse?

I never use them, so I'm not much help on this.

I do know both companies provide excellent service.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from BigMorty:

Thanks aukraut, I have the Mantis protectors on order! How much time to put these and the Cliffys on for a fairly newbie?

I'd set aside a weekend afternoon, but you should be able to do it under 2 hours. Just take your time, follow the instructions on the respective websites, and you'll be fine.

#2440 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'd set aside a weekend afternoon, but you should be able to do it under 2 hours. Just take your time, follow the instructions on the respective websites, and you'll be fine.

I have 6 Cliffys, 4 Mantis, the Pinbits Merlin hole protector and 10 Pinbits plastic protectors. It took about 35 hours of labor to get these all installed. There's a lot of disassembly and re-assembly. There are other posts describing experience with each protector. Do not drill a hole for the Mantis castle cobblestone design protector. Cliffys I have are moat jump, drawbridge edge, moat kickback, catapault, shooter ball eject and drain hole. The Cliffy moat jump and mantis lock hole are sort of redundant and I have both installed, This was the most labor intensive along with the Merlin hole combo of Pinbits and Mantis. The mantis protectors tend to require drilling holes to install and Cliffys use existing screws. The Pinbits plastic protectors are labor intensive as well. The Mantis VUK (Popper) area moat protector takes some disassembly and drilling a hole. DO NOT deform the mantis Merlin hole (under the playfield) protector, it will not bend back. The Merlin solenoid bracket sits in a notch, you have to get an understanding of how it is installed into that slot recess to get the Merlin protectors in properly.

#2441 6 years ago

Thanks all for the help!

#2442 6 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades on their MMR they can share a pics of?

Also does anyone have the Gold blades to share pics of?

What company has the best fit?

Thank you!

#2443 6 years ago

Only pics I could find on my phone showing some mirror blade

20171008_205038 (resized).jpg20171008_205038 (resized).jpg

20170613_210815 (resized).jpg20170613_210815 (resized).jpg

#2444 6 years ago

Mine with mirror blades...

medieval-madness-pinball-machine-playfield (resized).JPGmedieval-madness-pinball-machine-playfield (resized).JPG

#2445 6 years ago

Thanks Lermods and @gliebig!! What blades did you use?

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks lermods and gliebig!! What blades did you use?

Coin taker...always.

#2447 6 years ago

Gold blades.

IMG_20171008_183435940 (resized).jpgIMG_20171008_183435940 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171008_183426195 (resized).jpgIMG_20171008_183426195 (resized).jpg

#2448 6 years ago

Thanks holmstarrunner looks great!

#2449 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Only pics I could find on my phone showing some mirror blade

Wow Grand Champion score!

#2450 6 years ago

Want to confirm the knocker can't be disabled in the software? Assuming it can't is there a molex to unplug that doesn't disable the shaker too? Or should I make my own molex break in the back box?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/49?hl=bigmorty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.