IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 204.
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Anyone try swapping the display from an AFMr into a MMr yet? Just wondering if the electronics have what it takes to drive that puppy and have it look proper.

According to Doug it is NOT plug and play. The CPU and video boards changed from MMr to AFMr. A bigger video for MMr would require significant re-engineering.....

#2352 6 years ago

Mine shipped... should have in a few days.

#2353 6 years ago

Just got mine. Previous owner had the rails and lockbar chromed. It’s stunning!

7E12EE49-E59B-4047-A189-337F62232310 (resized).jpeg7E12EE49-E59B-4047-A189-337F62232310 (resized).jpeg

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

According to Doug it is NOT plug and play. The CPU and video boards changed from MMr to AFMr. A bigger video for MMr would require significant re-engineering.....

You can see the difference, I LOVE THE BIG DISPLAY on my AFMR le!

20170921_164356 (resized).jpg20170921_164356 (resized).jpg

#2355 6 years ago

No NIB for me... but I had a deal come through for a black LE with the color upgrade from a local pin bro. Sad I won't be getting the NIB but stoked about the LE-news of it all!

#2356 6 years ago

What's the serviceability of the remake? I've been reading a lot about it and i understand that a lot of people have been using them no problems but im worried about what happens when the leds and the boards blow and i know people will say "but the leds compensate and whatnot" but when the boards go what happens then. I'm asking cause im planning on buying an MM and i know i can or get the original fixed but im not sure about the remake

#2357 6 years ago

As more people buy remakes, there will be folks who learn to work on the boards. And as they continue to be made, parts are available.

Marc

#2358 6 years ago

Medieval Madness Remakes are back IN STOCK !!!

We have limited supply of MMRs from a small rerun that was done recently before they switch back to AFMR.

$8,000 plus shipping. PA residents only add sales tax.

Contact Joe at [email protected].

6F8493BB-5033-45AA-8947-056DE2B80852 (resized).jpeg6F8493BB-5033-45AA-8947-056DE2B80852 (resized).jpeg

BE31416B-2C5C-4C84-868C-53D2DBF7BB63 (resized).jpegBE31416B-2C5C-4C84-868C-53D2DBF7BB63 (resized).jpeg

489A9F5B-7AAF-4502-9B1D-D7D39303BE5E (resized).jpeg489A9F5B-7AAF-4502-9B1D-D7D39303BE5E (resized).jpeg

#2359 6 years ago

Got my MMr today! I can now officially be in the club! Just curious- there wasn't really a "goodie bag" in it just an envelope with balls and the tilt bob (and maybe one small plastic). Is that normal for CGC?

#2360 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Is that normal for CGC?

Yes.

Small plastic is your spacer to adjust flipper height.

LTG : )

#2361 6 years ago

Still waiting on my MMR. The York show slowed mine down.

#2362 6 years ago

Got my MMr today! I can now officially be in the club! Just curious- there wasn't really a "goodie bag" in it just an envelope with balls and the tilt bob (and maybe one small plastic). Is that normal for CGC?

Yup. And backbox key is hanging inside the coin door.

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yup. And backbox key is hanging inside the coin door.

Thanks! So far only minor issue appears to be the ball getting stick in moat once in awhile until ball search kicks it out. I'm guessing the switch just needs to be tweaked up. Plan to tackle that tonight.

Guss: I hope yours comes soon.

#2364 6 years ago

Thanks! So far only minor issue appears to be the ball getting stick in moat once in awhile until ball search kicks it out. I'm guessing the switch just needs to be tweaked up. Plan to tackle that tonight.
I hope yours comes soon.

Have had mine for 8 months already, was a Stern factory built one. Great game. I set the catapult strength and flipper strength to +1, the rest are factory settings. You want to be able to clear 2 balls in the catapault and make that damsel tower shot.

#2365 6 years ago

I had this same issue, and discussed it earlier here. You're correct from what I remember. Check my old posts for the specific details; I did a simple adjustment to the moat VUK and optos, and it worked. It has never ever been an issue since.

Cheers.

#2366 6 years ago

That'd be the popper setting.

#2367 6 years ago

Thanks, Like a kid again waiting for xmass

#2368 6 years ago

That'd be the popper setting.

Is it an opto or switch? I put it in switch test and saw that it only sees the ball sometimes which makes sense. So is it an opto sensing the ball or a pressure switch (I can't feel any switch with my fingers).

Going to follow up on dzoomer's previous post as he had this issue too...

#2369 6 years ago

Mine in .... Just waiting for a day it can be delivered. Most likely about three weeks

#2370 6 years ago

One... day... mooooooore!!
OneDayMore-600x364 (resized).jpgOneDayMore-600x364 (resized).jpg

#2371 6 years ago

Is it an opto or switch? I put it in switch test and saw that it only sees the ball sometimes which makes sense. So is it an opto sensing the ball or a pressure switch (I can't feel any switch with my fingers).
Going to follow up on dzoomer's previous post as he had this issue too...

I believe it's a solenoid like the merlin hole has. the ball gravity feeds into it as it is in the moat but sits in a pocket. Just roll a ball into it to see what happens. I was mentioning that there's a popper strength setting in the CGC menu.

#2372 6 years ago

I believe it's just a solenoid like the merlin hole has. the ball gravity feeds into it as it is in the moat but sits in a pocket. I've removed the whole bracket and moat, to put the mantis protector in and there's no rollover or opto. Just roll a ball into it to see what happens. I was mentioning that there's a popper strength setting in the CGC menu.

#2373 6 years ago

I believe it's a solenoid like the merlin hole has. the ball gravity feeds into it as it is in the moat but sits in a pocket. Just roll a ball into it to see what happens. I was mentioning that there's a popper strength setting in the CGC menu.

When I did switch test it sometimes triggers a switch when a ball goes into that vuk. It sometimes does not. I can't see a switch though (like on TSPP for example there is a little Y shaped switch in the VUK). So you think I can adjust sensitivity somehow and it will fix it?

I reseated a bunch of connectors and it did nothing.

What is the metal thing on the bottom of the moat? Is that also an opto?

#2374 6 years ago

I have played probably 300 plays on my MMR LE, and I have yet to see this "video mode". Well, Ill keep going.

Mo

#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have played probably 300 plays on my MMR LE, and I have yet to see this "video mode". Well, Ill keep going.
Mo

I always wondered about that mode. Merlin's list references it but I've never been awarded it. I do know there are other ways to earn it but you would think if Merlin has it on his list you'd get it randomly.

#2376 6 years ago

I always wondered about that mode. Merlin's list references it but I've never been awarded it. I do know there are other ways to earn it but you would think if Merlin has it on his list you'd get it randomly.

Merlin has it on his list because the only way to cash it in is through Merlin but you need to earn it first by spelling FIRE at least 5 times depending on your settings. If you have not earned it, you won't be awarded it.

#2377 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mo

I've had it a few times, and it always seems to happen just before, or just after BFTK. Unless you're a superstar, it does take a while to see it. At one point I was convinced I'd never get to it. Keep going

#2378 6 years ago

Owned the game for 2 years and never seen it!

#2379 6 years ago

What is the metal thing on the bottom of the moat? Is that also an opto?

Bracket holding a micro mini switch. No opto on the moat.

#2380 6 years ago

You can adjust in settings how many times you need to spell F-I-R-E to activate video mode, bring it down by a few and it should be doable. The factory setting is quite hard to reach, and remember you have a bomb to use

#2381 6 years ago

I get video mode about every third game, once you can do multiple ramps and change the inlanes then spelling fire 5 times is not really that difficult. Getting the extra ball in video mode is easy, I'm disappointed on the odd occasion that I don't get it.
I have only ever got Cow Video mode a couple of times, same goes for Barnyard multiball, they are much harder due to requiring multiple catapult shots and correct picks.

My strategy (on default settings ) is to play to get as many extra balls as possible as quickly as possible then go for whatever else has not been completed along the way.

#2382 6 years ago

I have a busted troll head. I bought my MMR Standard in Jan 2017. Anyone know if this is a warranteed item? I am ordering it from Planetary Pinball.

#2383 6 years ago

I have a busted troll head. I bought my MMR Standard in Jan 2017. Anyone know if this is a warranteed item? I am ordering it from Planetary Pinball.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/CGC_Warranty_Card_Pinball.pdf

Out of warranty.

#2384 6 years ago

Get the cool red ones from Marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2824-4

they look cool.

#2385 6 years ago

Welcome home black LE #453!
019 (resized).JPG019 (resized).JPG
020 (resized).JPG020 (resized).JPG

#2386 6 years ago

Nice lookin'! Gonna go for color on that bad johnny?

#2387 6 years ago

Congrats gunstarhero welcome to the club.

#2388 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Nice lookin'! Gonna go for color on that bad johnny?

Yuuup! Ordered it last nite, and an SD card so I can do the updates too.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yuuup! Ordered it last nite, and an SD card so I can do the updates too.

Its been a while since I did mine but I believe the Color upgrade kit comes with a SD card already loaded with the new software?

#2390 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its been a while since I did mine but I believe the Color upgrade kit comes with a SD card already loaded with the new software?

I think you're right, though my memory is pretty shitty.

#2391 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the heads up. Turns out I already had a 64GB Ultra SD so I did the update to 2.02 this morning, and tried to cancel the 8GB one I ordered just as Scamazon told me it shipped.

#2392 6 years ago

Just wondering if anybody else has any issues my buddy is having with Mmr Le . All lower coils not firing , flippers , ball trough , ball eject everything tied to F1 fuse . Fuse looks fine on inspection , green light is on board . Have not tested with multi meter yet . Just thought if some one else has ran into similar problem might save trouble shooting . Thanks

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Just wondering if anybody else has any issues my buddy is having with Mmr Le . All lower coils not firing , flippers , ball trough , ball eject everything tied to F1 fuse .

Check if the metal flap on the coin door is depressing the high power interlock and memory protect switch in far enough. You may have to bend the flap or the bracket the switch is mounted to so they close better.

Easy way to check is pull out the knob on the top one, high power interlock, leave coin door open, and play a game.

#2394 6 years ago

Check your interlock switch. Coin door may not be pushing it closed enough to provide power. Just had this issue on my afmr.

You can push in the switch and then go into test mode and see if they will fire.

Edit: looks like ltg responded a few seconds apart. Great minds think alike

#2395 6 years ago

Check wires under the playfield aren't in the way of the moat switch. I had this issue with mine out of the box. It's a simple quick fix.
It wasn't kicking out 100% of the time.

#2396 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys . Did that happen to you guys when coin door was closed just stop working ??

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Did that happen to you guys when coin door was closed just stop working ??

No. I'm a PPS/CGC remake tech support guy and have seen a few of these.

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I can honestly say that this is an amazing pin and well worth the price and wait. I love this pin so much that I will be getting all of Chicago gaming/PPS games in the future. When guests come who are non pinheads ,so no bias based on ratings, they naturally gravitate to the MMR. I played an old MM a couple of months ago and almost cancelled my order. I'm so glad I didn't. Its my favorite pin and have absolutely no regrets at all with it.

Ciao! Just put in my order, Stainless, guy selling is putting in color dmd along with the protector kit and button protectors (clear) Obvious advantage to buying from a dealer who is also a parts distributor. This is the second batch made hence totally under Chicago Gamings roof. Got to play an Attack from Mars at the show room, quality really puts Stern to shame, like you I will stick with the remakes hope Monsterbash is next!!

Thank you for starting the Forum

~Joey

#2399 6 years ago

Thanks LTG !!he tried that and that's exactly what it was the screws on the flange were loose maybe from shaker . Big thanks

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Ciao! Just put in my order, Stainless, guy selling is putting in color dmd along with the protector kit and button protectors (clear) Obvious advantage to buying from a dealer who is also a parts distributor. This is the second batch made hence totally under Chicago Gamings roof. Got to play an Attack from Mars at the show room, quality really puts Stern to shame, like you I will stick with the remakes hope Monsterbash is next!!
Thank you for starting the Forum
~Joey

Welcome to the club Joey. MMr is still a family favorite after two and a half years. Got my AFMrLE as well and loving it tool. Looking forward to MBr to be announced first quarter 2018!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.