Topic Stats

• 4,734 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 250 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 95.
#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They used to be but the shaker makes them dance around.

So it is an animated topper. That will bring extra $$. Pinsiders with an AFMr LE will be jealous.

#2302 2 years ago

So in case anyone cares: I have installed every available (that I know of) Cliffy, Mantis and Pinbits protector on my MMR. It cost about $250 including part shipping and took an estimated 35 hours of work. I installed:

Cliffy: Drawbridge edge, Shooter lane ball eject, Catapault, Drain hole, Castle Moat Jump and Moat Kickback.
Mantis: Merlin hole, the Castle cobblestone one, VUK ball eject and the Mantis version Castle Moat Jump.
Pinbits: Merlin hole and the 10 piece plastic protector set.

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So in case anyone cares: I have installed every available (that I know of) Cliffy, Mantis and Pinbits protector on my MMR. It cost about $250 including part shipping and took an estimated 35 hours of work. I installed:
Cliffy: Drawbridge edge, Shooter lane ball eject, Catapault, Drain hole, Castle Moat Jump and Moat Kickback.
Mantis: Merlin hole, the Castle cobblestone one, VUK ball eject and the Mantis version Castle Moat Jump.

Some people suggested an option to have the factory install these, but I don't see how they could do it for less than $500.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Should have do video tutorials and make that YouTube money

As for Merlin protector, was there any real benefit to using the Mantis and Pinbits together?

I like that the Pinbits one has that little V protector on it, but from photos I'm worried that it doesn't sit flush and will cause shot rejections.

Would love to hear your feedback on it.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Should have do video tutorials and make that YouTube money
As for Merlin protector, was there any real benefit to using the Mantis and Pinbits together?
I like that the Pinbits one has that little V protector on it, but from photos I'm worried that it doesn't sit flush and will cause shot rejections.
Would love to hear your feedback on it.

I have both the Mantis and Pinbits Merlins in. Both are essential. It is the only protector that I feel has some effect on gameplay. It takes some tweaking to get it right so there are no bounce outs or hangups requiring the ball search clearing. Make sure that the Pinbits does not get bent before or during assembly and that the Mantis is flush. The Merlin solenoid black plunger is very close to the Mantis protector make sure there is no interference there or it will take the machine multiple tries to kickout the ball. Just lightly bumping the mantis when I was waxing the playfield caused ball behavior changes, rejects and hangups. So it's very sensitive to set properly. Also, get familiar on how the Merlin solenoid assembly fits into a notch in the playfield.

#2306 2 years ago

Did anybody receive one from the new run yet?

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Did anybody receive one from the new run yet?

I'm expecting mine in the next week or two.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They used to be but the shaker makes them dance around.

10/10 would buy.

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm expecting mine in the next week or two.

Me too! OMG OMG OMG...

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Me too! OMG OMG OMG...

The truck came today!

IMG_20170915_135909158 (resized).jpg

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The truck came today!

Opening box pics would be awesome

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The truck came today!

Eye candy please

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The truck came today!

Really want to know how these compare to the Stern built MMRs.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

There sldnt b any difference.... cgc supplied the same parts both times ..... stern just assembled them the first time.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

theres no difference....

#2316 2 years ago

Coin mechs. More pics later tonight.

IMG_20170915_200207094 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170915_200147420 (resized).jpg

#2317 2 years ago

Nice we want more pics

#2318 2 years ago

So very nice!

#2319 2 years ago

Did you pick stainless or is that how they all come? My distributor didn't ask my trim preference.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Did you pick stainless or is that how they all come? My distributor didn't ask my trim preference.

Only the le got trim preference

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Yes, more pictures and initial impressions!

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only the le got trim preference

Ok good because I like the stainless!

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

It shipped with coin mechs?

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

theres no difference....

Don't know about that... Even though minor, the operation buttons on the door are new. I'd be curious to play one and see how it feels.

Again, I feel that the build of AFM is more sturdy than MMR. Some people agree, some disagree.

Stern had their hands all over this thing, so I wouldn't be shocked if the CGC build felt even slightly better.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Don't know about that... Even though minor, the operation buttons on the door are new. I'd be curious to play one and see how it feels.
Again, I feel that the build of AFM is more sturdy than MMR. Some people agree, some disagree.
Stern had their hands all over this thing, so I wouldn't be shocked if the CGC build felt even slightly better.

AFMr and MMR used slightly different coin doors. Looks like the CGC MMRs are using this new coin door with the new switches.

As for the sturdiness, CGC made the cabinets and play fields for all MMRs both Stern built and CGC built. Maybe they changed something, impossible to speculate.

I own both, both feel awesome.

Marc

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

AFMr and MMR used slightly different coin doors. Looks like the CGC MMRs are using this new coin door with the new switches.
As for the sturdiness, CGC made the cabinets and play fields for all MMRs both Stern built and CGC built. Maybe they changed something, impossible to speculate.
I own both, both feel awesome.
Marc

Don't get me wrong... MMR is fantastic. I doubt any game will ever top it for me.

Only concern I have (which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the game) is how well these fully integrated boards will hold up in the future.

I like that the original is serviceable, and I like that I can do simple stuff like change out bulbs.

I'm actually considering looking for a restored MM, but haven't decided if I'd make that switch yet.

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have both sitting next to each other....zero chance u can say one is built better than the other....both of mine are LE's...I am sure if you look hard enough u find a different screw, switch, button, etc....has nothing to do with the build quality.

#2328 2 years ago

Anyone know if they started the serial numbers over after the first 1000 Le's. Or is there only 1500 MMrs?

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Anyone know if they started the serial numbers over after the first 1000 Le's. Or is there only 1500 MMrs?

Standards started at 1001, I believe.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Don't get me wrong... MMR is fantastic. I doubt any game will ever top it for me.
Only concern I have (which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the game) is how well these fully integrated boards will hold up in the future.
I like that the original is serviceable, and I like that I can do simple stuff like change out bulbs.
I'm actually considering looking for a restored MM, but haven't decided if I'd make that switch yet.

It’s a great question. Hard to answer. Hard to know. Same question I have about my Stern SPIKE games.

#2331 2 years ago

Got the game set up. Leveled and 7 degree pf pitch. It really plays great. Looked it over very carefully and cabinet/decals look next to perfect. Was able to locate a few very tiny imperfections in the pf clear coat. You would never see any of them unless you were really trying to find them. I'm very happy with the build quality.

It did come with the coin mechs. Has two different 11629 wrappers on the flipper coils. Not sure why that is? Build date of game is 9/12/17. Playfield is dated August 2016. I'm not sure if there is a more recent run that they will eventually switch over to, but the inserts have a nice dark black text on them and the clear has a beautiful gloss to it. Everything in the back box looks like previous runs of mmr.

20170915_230108 (resized).jpg

20170915_230318 (resized).jpg

20170915_230343 (resized).jpg

20170915_230459 (resized).jpg

20170915_235721 (resized).jpg

20170916_000208(0) (resized).jpg

20170916_000222 (resized).jpg

20170916_002412 (resized).jpg

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s a great question. Hard to answer. Hard to know. Same question I have about my Stern SPIKE games.

One thing that kind of bugs me is Stern Spike seems to be running the code directly off the SD card whereas the CGC system runs from a resident built on memory. In the arcade industry there are a number of examples where running a game from what was meant to be used as a temporary storage medium (SD cards, USB sticks etc) has resulted in premature failures of said mediums. (corrupted software). I am dealing with a number of very intermittent issues with some of these Spike games. Wish I could take the SD out of the equation. Stern will eventually get this right. But at this point I know they are sending a lot of parts out and doing various things a company would do to try and iron out these bugs. On the flip side, I have only seen or heard of one electronic issue with a CGC game. An AFMr SE had a 2 lights not operating properly out of the box. A new board was sent and no more electronics problems have been seen. Mind you these are routed games I'm talking about here so I felt good enough to get an AFMr and MMr for my personal collection based on just how well these have been performing on location.

#2333 2 years ago

One other thing I noticed from that new MMR pic is that they're now adding a subwoofer to the package.

Maybe we should be getting them too

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other thing I noticed from that new MMR pic is that they're now adding a subwoofer to the package.

I'm not following what you're saying. Is the speaker in the bottom of the cabinet different than those in the earlier runs? Thanks. Mike

#2335 2 years ago

Just looks like a normal cab speaker to me.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

They've always had a subwoofer....I'm confused....

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They've always had a subwoofer....I'm confused....

So the LE should have a speaker (sub) at the bottom of the cab? If so, I didn't get one!

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So the LE should have a speaker (sub) at the bottom of the cab? If so, I didn't get one!

You should work with your distributor to fix that. All MMRs have a speaker in the cabinet.

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

post a pic of this?

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Every machine has a woofer underneath. It's a bit of a misnomer to call it a "sub" woofer - "subwoofer" is usually referring to an external component in an external box, "woofer" is the speaker driver itself.

Wait, yours didn't have one?!

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My LE has a sub. the sound is really poor on MMR.

#2342 2 years ago

My MMR sounds just fine with its stock speakers and like all of my other pins.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Every machine has a woofer underneath. It's a bit of a misnomer to call it a "sub" woofer - "subwoofer" is usually referring to an external component in an external box, "woofer" is the speaker driver itself.
Wait, yours didn't have one?!

Nope. But I since replaced with Pinball Pro speakers.

#2344 2 years ago

Quick question about some mods I'm considering. I'm planning to put an LED in the archway, which should be a pretty straight forward connection to the GI.

Also, wanted to do the LED trolls eyes. I've seen some sets that has a PCB and others that appear not to. Can anyone advise on a good place to get this mod?

And finally, I saw photos of a mod that make the current dragon appear to be breathing fire. Can't seem to find it anywhere though. Loads of two headed dragons, but I prefer the stock one. Anyone know where I might find this?

Cheers.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yep

#2346 2 years ago

Mine should be here in two weeks and I cant wait !!!

#2347 2 years ago

Anyone else received a new MMR? Looks like a few dealers have them.

#2348 2 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Anyone else received a new MMR? Looks like a few dealers have them.

Flip N Out Pinball has a few in stock now. These will be gone soon so if you are on the fence for one I wouldn't wait to long. Shakers and color upgrades in stock as well.

larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#2349 2 years ago

Still waiting for that call from gexchange...

#2350 2 years ago

Anyone try swapping the display from an AFMr into a MMr yet? Just wondering if the electronics have what it takes to drive that puppy and have it look proper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside