image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 205.
#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

How many plays do you have on your game?

I'd say about 1500 games. Would have to check in the menus, but I believe I'm around there.

#2152 6 years ago

And... Did it!

Had a killer game. Finished BFTK while still on ball 1 (using 2-3 extras balls)!

Amazing wizard mode... Hands were shaking like crazy as I worked on that final castle!

IMG_20170807_003940 (resized).jpgIMG_20170807_003940 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170807_004837 (resized).jpgIMG_20170807_004837 (resized).jpg

#2153 6 years ago

Amazing!!!

#2154 6 years ago

That's awesome. Great job. Now that you mastered MMR, it's time to get yourself an AFMR.

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

That's awesome. Great job. Now that you mastered MMR, it's time to get yourself an AFMR.

Waiting on my LE

#2156 6 years ago

I had a machine screw thrown onto the playfield during a game. It's a machine screw that has the built in star type washer. This is not a typical playfield type of screw. I think it came from the right Troll when it popped up. It is hard to see the backside of the troll and trap door assembly. I pried the trap door up and grabbed a hold of the troll head to pull it above the playfield, but it's tough to get a good luck at the trap door\head attachment.

Does it make sense that a screw like this might have come loose from that location?

Thanks!

#2157 6 years ago

Can you post a picture of the screw? The MMR manual does not show a seam/screw in the troll or carriage assemblies.

Marc

#2158 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Can you post a picture of the screw? The MMR manual does not show a seam/screw in the troll or carriage assemblies.
Marc

I'll get a picture later tonite. It's a machine screw that has a star lock washer, is an external tooth washer, maybe 3/8" long?

#2159 6 years ago

I am pretty sure it got loose near the right troll on popup.

#2160 6 years ago

Ok. I got a good look at the backside of the troll assemby from a Marco picture. I hope it is not copyrighted, but I marked it up with the indicated circle around the screws I think where this loose one came from on the right troll.

Machine Screw Troll Assembly Backside (resized).jpgMachine Screw Troll Assembly Backside (resized).jpg

#2161 6 years ago

How many kings of the realm does the game store? Right now it shows the default one and the one that I very happily did myself.

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Ok. I got a good look at the backside of the troll assemby from a Marco picture. I hope it is not copyrighted, but I marked it up with the indicated circle around the screws I think where this loose one came from on the right troll.

Looks very plausible. Can you screw it back in from under the play field?

#2163 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many kings of the realm does the game store? Right now it shows the default one and the one that I very happily did myself.

It shows 4. If you beat it another time it knocks the earliest one achieved away and everytime after that that you beat it. But it keeps track of how many times you have become king of the realm. For instance it'll say your "initials" crowned king of the realm for the 5th time. Then show the 4th, 3rd, then 2nd time you've achieved it but not the first

#2164 6 years ago

Does anyone know where these would have come off of on my MMR? They were laying on the bottom of the cabinet half way up on the left side of it. Everything seems to be working correctly and I've looked all over the place to see what was missing them but I can't find it!

IMG_1849 (resized).JPGIMG_1849 (resized).JPG

#2165 6 years ago

Who has Titan rubber on their game? Curious on your feedback folks?

#2166 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Does anyone know where these would have come off of on my MMR?

Might be extras dropped in the game during manufacturing. Hang onto them. Just in case.

LTG : )

#2167 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Love them—they're on all of my games. I went traditional on MMR, so it's black with red flipper rubber.

Marc

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Does anyone know where these would have come off of on my MMR? They were laying on the bottom of the cabinet half way up on the left side of it. Everything seems to be working correctly and I've looked all over the place to see what was missing them but I can't find it!

Check your Trolls. They like to shed pieces.

#2169 6 years ago

I did purple, love it!

#2170 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Check your Trolls. They like to shed pieces.

Neither of those are pieces from the troll assemblies.

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

I found they increased my air balls and I didn't like the feel of the flipper rubbers. Just a personal preference I found that I'm a traditional rubber bloke.

#2172 6 years ago

I've found that they create air balls too in regards to the posts in front of both ramps. I like the feel of the flipper rubber and slingshot rubber though. Titans website claims that the durometer of their rubber (.45) is the same as traditional white rubber. Thanks for the feedback!

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be extras dropped in the game during manufacturing. Hang onto them. Just in case.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quoted from Lmjdad:

I only use them on my flipper bats. Right away I didn't like them because there was more grip to them and it threw off my shots but once I got used to them I love them. I use purple and they look and play great

#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

I have it on mine, plays great. Purple on the lower half of the playfield, red on the upper half. I also changed the posts out on the lower half to purple. The only place I do not use Titans is on post sleeves, they cause way to many airballs. Swapped back to black rubber on those.

Here is a before and after comparison pic:

IMG_4479 (resized).JPGIMG_4479 (resized).JPG

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Neither of those are pieces from the troll assemblies.

Well I suppose you'd know!

#2176 6 years ago

I went with orange titans on the flippers and purple on the slings. I really enjoy the way they play, and have them on all my pins.

20170813_100545 (resized).jpg20170813_100545 (resized).jpg

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks very plausible. Can you screw it back in from under the play field?

I fixed it. There are 2 screws that go in the back of each troll head. In my case, the right troll top screw of those two had worked its way loose and was thrown out onto the playfield when the trolls came up. The screw could be finger tightened only, a wrench does not fit in the space there. Anyway, problem solved.

#2178 6 years ago

Well sadly I am out of the club. Love MMRLE but missed my STLE more so traded MMRLE to get it back. Maybe another one day?
Enjoy those Trolls guys.

#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I went with orange titans on the flippers and purple on the slings. I really enjoy the way they play, and have them on all my pins.

Love it had similar on mine. Those flipper toppers are awesome had them on my LE and I just put a set on GOTLE

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well I suppose you'd know!

That screw is a wood screw not a machine screw. so not on the troll assembly, but could be where the bracket screws to the playfield underside.

#2181 6 years ago

I fixed it. There are 2 screws that go in the back of each troll head. In my case, the right troll top screw of those two had worked its way loose and was thrown out onto the playfield when the trolls came up. The screw could be finger tightened only, a wrench does not fit in the space there. Anyway, problem solved.

At some point you'll need to do some disassembly to properly tighten it down. Just finger tightening means it will come off again soon as the troll slams itself up and down.

#2182 6 years ago

That screw is a wood screw not a machine screw. so not on the troll assembly, but could be where the bracket screws to the playfield underside.

Too small.

#2183 6 years ago

Changed out the post rubbers to Cliffy's. Much better now! No more air balls, you shouldn't be getting air balls on this game. Thanks Cliff!

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Changed out the post rubbers to Cliffy's. Much better now! No more air balls, you shouldn't be getting air balls on this game. Thanks Cliff!

What does he make that replaces the posts?

#2185 6 years ago

In a pinch, ignition wrenches or 4" craftsman mini channel lock will fit behind the troll head for tightening.
You can only go half a turn at a time but it will do the job.

#2186 6 years ago

Has anyone had to file down the MMR side rails because of dangerous sharpness? Just wondering if taking off the side rails is the way to go or file them in place? I would be worried about metal residue in the cabinet near the electronics, cleanup seems to be a worry.

I bought a train track sanding block that was recommended here to do the work with.

How easy is it to remove the side rails, especially up at the back box end of the cabinet?

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Too small.

I understand but just wanted to explain that there's a difference between a machine screw (flat end) and a wood screw (pointed end), and that could be an indicator for its lost location. You may be right, that it is not even a screw applicable to MMR, but it is a wood screw.

#2188 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In a pinch, ignition wrenches or 4" craftsman mini channel lock will fit behind the troll head for tightening.
You can only go half a turn at a time but it will do the job.

That's exactly what I had to do. It took forever and my hands were cramping up, but I got it tightened and haven't had an issue since.

#2189 6 years ago

Has anyone had to file down the MMR side rails because of dangerous sharpness? Just wondering if taking off the side rails is the way to go or file them in place? I would be worried about metal residue in the cabinet near the electronics, cleanup seems to be a worry.
I bought a train track sanding block that was recommended here to do the work with.
How easy is it to remove the side rails, especially up at the back box end of the cabinet?

B/W style side rails are stuck on with double-sided tape, so a BIG pain to remove and put back without damaging them.

When I used the sanding block (bright boy) on mine I taped off the sidearm below the rail to help protect it. Took off the playfield glass, and tape up the inside of the rail to protect the playfield so the sticky side is up once it gets to the rail, and put on another piece to overlap. The bright boy will not create much dust, and the tape will catch most of it.

#2190 6 years ago

It sucks that they came from the factory that way. I cut myself playing a game when I first got mine and couldn't figure out what happened at first!

#2191 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy a Silver/Chrome Williams logo? Seems crazy to have to spend $100 on a whole new speaker panel just to get a logo. Thanks!

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Does anyone know where I can buy a Silver/Chrome Williams logo? Seems crazy to have to spend $100 on a whole new speaker panel just to get a logo. Thanks!

Better than a logo would be if someone did a mod where the speaker panel had some kind of graphics or illustration on it like all the other pre 95 Bally Williams for MMr, AFMr and all the future r's . Especially if its lit. I suppose we need to wait to see when the large MMr display will be released and adapt it to that display.

Colored speaker panels (resized).jpgColored speaker panels (resized).jpg

#2193 6 years ago

Thanks for the input. I have not heard about the larger display yet. I'm guessing same graphics but bigger? Do you happen to be in the know as to which title will be the next remake?

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Thanks for the input. I have not heard about the larger display yet. I'm guessing same graphics but bigger? Do you happen to be in the know as to which title will be the next remake?

Yes larger display with same graphics. It is being worked on but the solution is not as simple as just swapping it with the existing MMr display.

I don't know what the next remake is for sure but the Vegas odds makers are placing MB as highest probability followed by CC with a completed "in house" (not continued) code very close behind. Expect the announcement for remake #3 Q1 2018.

#2195 6 years ago

Sweet. I have been holding off on buying an old MB figuring they would remake that one next. I hope you're right.

#2196 6 years ago

Any suggestions on adding a bit of light to the castle entrance?

Figured it would add some appeal to have the light there when the drawbridge lowers.

#2197 6 years ago

Will pricing change at all on the MMR made by Chicago Gaming? I'm curious since for the same price as a MMR standard you can get an AFM LE with a topper and larger screen.

#2198 6 years ago

No pricing will remain the same but will now be built by CGC. I will have some available in this next build
[email protected]

#2199 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements (authorized CG distributor) is expected to have some MMRs NIB (from CG factory of course at this point) in stock in September to ship to new customers... We have only 1 person in line at this point given we got a few of the last ones out of Stern factory a few months ago and took care of all of our pre-orders... If you want an MMR now is the time - minimal wait and I'll be getting a bunch out of this limited run they will be doing !

Email Joe at [email protected] and I'd be happy to take care of you ! : )

Joe

#2200 6 years ago

Forgive my ignorance here, I'm sure it's probably been discussed, but with the PCBs in both the backboard, and under the playfield - are there concerns about this in the future? I'd love to get this game eventually, but people already freak out about the spike systems, on here it seems the LEDs are surface mounted on a custom PCB which is then riveted to the playfield. What happens if something breaks or an LED goes out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
There are 10,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/44?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.