image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 205.
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Thinking of buying one. Standard one owner. HUO. Color screen. Shaker. Cliffys. $7,400. Jump on it?

New that's $8400 -$8600 with stuff listed. Not sure how many cliffys though but estimate is close to what the new value was. Sounds like a good deal $300 less than NIB best price all stock..

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtlepower169:

Thinking of buying one. Standard one owner. HUO. Color screen. Shaker. Cliffys. $7,400. Jump on it?

Assuming it's in excellent shape, that seems like a good deal given the extras. Especially if you won't have to ship it.

#2103 6 years ago

Mint Condition. Bought from the seller before. Honest guy. Thanks for the help!!! Didn't know if the value is dropping on these or not. Can't seem to find any used for sale.

IMG_5492 (resized).JPGIMG_5492 (resized).JPG

#2104 6 years ago

That's a great deal, I'd have been all over that if I had a chance. That color upgrade alone is $400!

#2105 6 years ago

Never installed speaker grill cutouts and Williams plaque. $100 shipped

IMG_4136 (resized).JPGIMG_4136 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: SOLD

#2106 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to have the Castle 2.0 installed?

Would love to see photos, and hear what is involved in the replacement/install.

Cheers!

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would love to see photos, and hear what is involved in the replacement/install.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php

LTG : )

#2108 6 years ago

Almost a year after acquiring my MMR, my son (18 y/o) finally conquered the BFTK... and now we have a new king of the realm!!

All hail King Matt!!!

IMG_3546 (resized).JPGIMG_3546 (resized).JPG

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Almost a year after acquiring my MMR, my son (18 y/o) finally conquered the BFTK... and now we have a new king of the realm!!
All hail King Matt!!!

Awesome! I got to BKTK for the first time earlier this week, and was just one Damsel ramp away from getting to the last part of defeating the castle.

Next time, I'll choose my shots more wisely, and keep that multiball alive for the castle.

#2110 6 years ago

I was referring to this: http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_castle_mod.php

Software is all good... And haven't had any crackling audio since the overwrite!

#2111 6 years ago

No idea if this will work in MMR.

#2112 6 years ago

Super noob question here... I have my game at 6.7, and played another MMR that was set at 6.8. You'd expect the 6.8 slant to play faster, however, it was markedly slower. I would even say smoother, as it was easier to control the ball and determine where it was going.

His machine was about 2 years old, and mine has been in use for 6 months. Both get cleaned and waxed every month or two.

Any thoughts on this?

#2113 6 years ago

IMO, the difference in incline is not the issue. I find that my games play different depending on humidity, temperature, freshly cleaned and waxed etc. Sometimes the game is just brutal, not just to me but anyone playing it at that time. Other times anyone playing it can keep the ball under control.
Did you use the same device for measuring the incline?

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Super noob question here... I have my game at 6.7, and played another MMR that was set at 6.8. You'd expect the 6.8 slant to play faster, however, it was markedly slower. I would even say smoother, as it was easier to control the ball and determine where it was going.
His machine was about 2 years old, and mine has been in use for 6 months. Both get cleaned and waxed every month or two.
Any thoughts on this?

How did your determine the slopes? A phone, they are not that accurate and a minor deviation on placement will change the readings. The built in bubble level, those are more useless than a phone level. Does the "slow" machine have a stupid protector on it?, were both games clean, and waxed to the same degree,

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

How did your determine the slopes? A phone, they are not that accurate and a minor deviation on placement will change the readings. The built in bubble level, those are more useless than a phone level. Does the "slow" machine have a stupid protector on it?, were both games clean, and waxed to the same degree,

Both were measured with a digital level.

What is a protector?

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have my game at 6.7, and played another MMR that was set at 6.8

The difference between 6.7 and 6.8 degrees incline would be imperceptible.
Lots of other things effect game play. You'll never get 2 games to play exactly the same.

#2117 6 years ago

HELP Please - can someone provide me the instructions on how to adjust my flipper bats on my MMRLE? I'm a newbie so would love a little advice before I break out my tools.....my flipper bat angles are too low

Thanks

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

HELP Please - can someone provide me the instructions on how to adjust my flipper bats on my MMRLE? I'm a newbie so would love a little advice before I break out my tools.....my flipper bat angles are too low
Thanks

You just need to loosen the nut the shaft goes through, loosen just enough so you can adjust the bat by hand, then retighten.

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You just need to loosen the nut the shaft goes through, loosen just enough so you can adjust the bat by hand, then retighten.

Thank you...I appreciate the advice...sounds pretty simple

#2120 6 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

The difference between 6.7 and 6.8 degrees incline would be imperceptible.
Lots of other things effect game play. You'll never get 2 games to play exactly the same.

You obviously haven't subscribed to the Damien Method of setting up your pins! Maybe you need to go back an re-read some of this thread. I personally have mine set at 6.75, so my experience is probably a bit between the two that were described.

Just pulling your leg, Damien... love you man!! I've actually only had my MMR a tad bit longer than you and have learned quite a bit from the discussions in this thread

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thank you...I appreciate the advice...sounds pretty simple

If you run into any issues, get in touch... I was right there where you are a few months ago.

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You obviously haven't subscribed to the Damien Method of setting up your pins! Maybe you need to go back an re-read some of this thread. I personally have mine set at 6.75, so my experience is probably a bit between the two that were described.

Just pulling your leg, Damien... love you man!! I've actually only had my MMR a tad bit longer than you and have learned quite a bit from the discussions in this thread

Hahaha, the feeling is mutual!

I get a little OCD with the levelling, but seriously, my game is brutal compared to anything I've played out there!

#2123 6 years ago

Noticed tonight that a few of the inserts are a bit raised, to the point where you can see the outline and if running your fingers across the pf, you can feel that they are slightly protruding.

Is this normal?

#2124 6 years ago

Guys I've had my table for a few weeks and have a rules question, so ball 1 I start multiball madness with say joust victory and catapult slam and complete it and then drain. So ball number 2 I complete save the damsal and revolting peasants then shoot it in Merlins magic i am not rewarded with another multiball madness until I would finish trolls, finish royal madness then it starts all over again. Is that right? For some reason I thought I could get Multiball madness multiple times before Royal madness.

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I've had my table for a few weeks and have a rules question, so ball 1 I start multiball madness with say joust victory and catapult slam and complete it and then drain. So ball number 2 I complete save the damsal and revolting peasants then shoot it in Merlins magic i am not rewarded with another multiball madness until I would finish trolls, finish royal madness then it starts all over again. Is that right? For some reason I thought I could get Multiball madness multiple times before Royal madness.

Nope have to finish royal first to restart them.

#2126 6 years ago

Thanks Big!! Other issue is my right flipper seems weak, it's hard hitting the castle gate with it! I set the strength up to +4 but not difference. It's just nowhere near as nice as the left flipper in terms of strength.

#2127 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Thanks Big!! Other issue is my right flipper seems weak, it's hard hitting the castle gate with it! I set the strength up to +4 but not difference. It's just nowhere near as nice as the left flipper in terms of strength.

How many plays u have? May need rebuilt or something may b lose?

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Make sure your flipper is moving freely and nothings binding. If you've had the game only a few weeks I bet your coil stop is loose so the coil is drooping and you're getting some drag.

#2129 6 years ago

Agree. My coil stop bracket was loose and my left flipper was weak.

#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Noticed tonight that a few of the inserts are a bit raised, to the point where you can see the outline and if running your fingers across the pf, you can feel that they are slightly protruding.
Is this normal?

Anyone?

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is this normal?

Mine is not like that at all. This is on the Medieval Madness remake?

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Agree. My coil stop bracket was loose and my left flipper was weak.

Ill take a look, My game is only 3 weeks old N.I.B.. Id say less then 100 plays, I noticed it when we first fired it up. So I'm looking for a Coil Bracket. I better hit GOOGLE.. This is my 2nd pin and havnt done too much work on them but this doesn't sound difficult.

#2133 6 years ago

Raised inserts? No. That’s not expected.

Can you please take some pictures?

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ill take a look, My game is only 3 weeks old N.I.B.. Id say less then 100 plays, I noticed it when we first fired it up. So I'm looking for a Coil Bracket. I better hit GOOGLE.. This is my 2nd pin and havnt done too much work on them but this doesn't sound difficult.

Take the balls out and power off the game. Lift the playfield, pull it forward until it clicks and then raise it to the service position. Then look at where the flipper shaft attaches to the flipper mechanism and check for tightness.

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So I'm looking for a Coil Bracket.

Here is a flipper base plate minus the coil. The coil stop to check is circled in red with an arrow pointing to it.

This one only has one screw holding it on, yours should have two.

flipbase (resized).JPGflipbase (resized).JPG

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Raised inserts? No. That’s not expected.
Can you please take some pictures?

You can see and feel the outline of the insert on a couple of them. Not exactly raised. But I only see it on a couple of them.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You can see and feel the outline of the insert on a couple of them. Not exactly raised. But I only see it on a couple of them.

Hey Damien,

Without a picture it's hard to tell but by your description it sounds normal. Wood and plastic expand and contract at different rates.

Unless it's causing the inserts to lift, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Marc

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a flipper base plate minus the coil. The coil stop to check is circled in red with an arrow pointing to it.

Thanks!!! Patiently waiting for AFMR Le so this will kill another night waiting

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take the balls out and power off the game. Lift the playfield, pull it forward until it clicks and then raise it to the service position. Then look at where the flipper shaft attaches to the flipper mechanism and check for tightness.

Thanks!!

#2140 6 years ago

Just had my most epic game ever. 3 Royale Madnesses (zero completed), 3 Castle Multiballs, Video Mode (failed), and Barnyard Multiball (first time ever getting this).

I had the 6th castle open with just that final shot to land to start BFTK and I rang one off the post and down the drain

Had I played a little better, I may have become the new ruler of the land! Getting closer...

#2141 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy drain hole protector? My clearcoat looked solid but I lifted a chunk when installing the protector. It is a tight fit and I guess found a crack in the clearcoat or something, took up about a 1/4 inch chunk of clear. The damage is under the protector now so it won't get worse but any suggestions on how to repair it? Clear nail polish, does that work? Any suggestions welcome.

#2142 6 years ago

I submitted a ticket with CGC as the color coding is not completed on Save the Calves mode if you have the HD color upgrade.

Fun mode btw I also entered MOO as my initials for high score

#2143 6 years ago

Also have been noticing my castle gate has been staying up/getting stuck up a lot more. Common issue? Easy fix?

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Also have been noticing my castle gate has been staying up/getting stuck up a lot more. Common issue? Easy fix?

Check the bolt on the bottom of the solenoid for the gate. The bolt on mine fell out and the gate would not open al all.

#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Check the bolt on the bottom of the solenoid for the gate. The bolt on mine fell out and the gate would not open al all.

It works, just intermittent... just seems like when switching players it forgets where it should be sometimes.

#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yep tightening this up fixed it!

#2147 6 years ago

I seem to have bent the flap on one of my trolls and it now doesn't really sit flush with the play field.
I tried to bend it back a bit but i'm worried about cracking it, is there an easy fix for this?

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

I seem to have bent the flap on one of my trolls and it now doesn't really sit flush with the play field.
I tried to bend it back a bit but i'm worried about cracking it, is there an easy fix for this?

Replace the flap and decal. Its not too hard, just watch out for the clips getting lost. Maybe order a couple hairclips too.

#2149 6 years ago

Noticing some wear in the shooter lane, VUKs, and some other spots.

Was thinking I probably should install some Cliffys. Does anyone happen to have any install instructions, as the ones on Cliffy's site a pretty terrible.

Thanks in advance

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Noticing some wear in the shooter lane, VUKs, and some other spots.
Was thinking I probably should install some Cliffys. Does anyone happen to have any install instructions, as the ones on Cliffy's site a pretty terrible.
Thanks in advance

How many plays do you have on your game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.