image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 205.
#2051 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I can't speak to your exact concern on sound, however changing speakers makes a huge difference. Having done that, the game really came to life and sounds were clear and there sounds I had never heard before due to being drowned out. I don't think the stock speaks have tweeters. Here's a thread, $30 bucks gets you a nice set of kickers that bolt right in with wiring diagram as well. There is always the Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity route. The stocks ones definitely have to go.

With the new speakers, can you clearly hear the drawbridge lowering sound effect? All I can hear is the motor running while it lowers. Could you adjust your volume to about 4 and test it? Thanks for the advice. I will look in this thread for the speakers and wiring diagram.

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

With the new speakers, can you clearly hear the drawbridge lowering sound effect? All I can hear is the motor running while it lowers. Could you adjust your volume to about 4 and test it? Thanks for the advice. I will look in this thread for the speakers and wiring diagram.

I definitely hear the synchronized chain sound and I keep my volume very low. Like 3. I do hear the motor running too though.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I definitely hear the synchronized chain sound and I keep my volume very low. Like 3. I do hear the motor running too though.

Thanks for checking. I am on my way to Best Buy to purchase new speakers.

#2054 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I hope it works great for you. My bigger concern is that I feel like I used to hear that before I upgraded the speakers. But it was a big improvement.

#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Can you send a link to the speakers you buy.

Or can anyone suggestions the best possible upgrade (quality-wise) that is easy to install.

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Or can anyone suggestions the best possible upgrade (quality-wise) that is easy to install.

Kicker. I don't have the exact model but it's in this thread somewhere I think. Or maybe there was another thread specifically for speaker upgrades. I'll look

#2057 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3713534

Looks like they're sold out at Best Buy. But this thread has options.

#2058 6 years ago

Read this thread, follow yancy's wiring advice and get the speakers that nosro has a link to. Cheap upgrade and it sounds great. Also go with the Polk psw10 external sub....

#2059 6 years ago

Polk PSW10 is a must. We have discussed the installation in the past.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/9#post-3027705

Quoted from paynemic:

Kicker. I don't have the exact model but it's in this thread somewhere I think. Or maybe there was another thread specifically for speaker upgrades. I'll look

Kicker installation was also discussed here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/21#post-3545307

Hope that helps.

#2060 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here are the speakers I picked up at Best Buy. They had them in stock locally. The installation was easy and they fit the openings perfectly.

The music on the original speakers seemed to be "out front" with the voices and sound effects being "behind" it. Therefore if you wanted to hear the voices and sound effects the volume had to be turned up to a setting that made the music way too loud.

The new speakers seem to balance the music, voices, and sound effects. Every sound is very sharp and clear. We are hearing call outs that we were not able to understand before.

I still think there is something wrong, because I cannot hear the drawbridge chains sound effect until the volume is at least at 8.

I did not replace the sub, but The speakers alone are a vast improvement over the stock speakers.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2061 6 years ago

So Kicker is the recommendation for tweets and Polk for subs?

Any soldering involved? Or just a direct swap, and change the speaker wire?

#2062 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Here are the speakers I picked up at Best Buy. They had them in stock locally. The installation was easy and they fit the openings perfectly.
The music on the original speakers seemed to be "out front" with the voices and sound effects being "behind" it. Therefore if you wanted to hear the voices and sound effects the volume had to be turned up to a setting that made the music way too loud.
The new speakers seem to balance the music, voices, and sound effects. Every sound is very sharp and clear. We are hearing call outs that we were not able to understand before.
I still think there is something wrong, because I cannot hear the drawbridge chains sound effect until the volume is at least at 8.
I did not replace the sub, but The speakers alone are a vast improvement over the stock speakers.

Put the same ones in myself yesterday afternoon, 100% agreement with everything said. I did wire them for 8 ohm hookup by putting them in series as described in the post linked above by SuperPinball.

#2063 6 years ago

One more question... Is there any quality advantage to using Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers? I know the install is straight forward and you get that little audio control knob, but curious to hear opinions before I upgrade. Thanks!

#2064 6 years ago

I bought the kickers off of ebay and followed the wiring directions on the link above. I'm totally happy with the soynd

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One more question... Is there any quality advantage to using Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers? I know the install is straight forward and you get that little audio control knob, but curious to hear opinions before I upgrade. Thanks!

Although I did the speaker upgrade and it was a tremendous improvement, I just ordered the Pinballpro speakers and sub for MMr. It is definitely missing some bass. Whatever speakers and sub they used in AFMrSE are excellent, and am hoping the Pinballpro setup can equal that. I will post results when I get the new parts installed.

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Although I did the speaker upgrade and it was a tremendous improvement, I just ordered the Pinballpro speakers and sub for MMr. It is definitely missing some bass. Whatever speakers and sub they used in AFMrSE are excellent, and am hoping the Pinballpro setup can equal that. I will post results when I get the new parts installed.

Ive never been impressed with eaither and usually go back to stock if a pin i bought had them installed. The best bang for buck is the polk psw powered sub. I have them on every pin and its so much better than a cab sub/woofer.

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Having tried both, I'd say the Kickers are better for uppers/backbox in my opinion then combine with Polk external sub and I don't know that I'd bother replacing the sub in the cabinet. Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro I think are a horse a piece, just an easier install as they are already 8 ohm. If you go Kickers, make sure to wire in a series as they are 4 ohm and need to be 8. Follow this wire diagram, really easy with a crimper and wire connectors(30 mins)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3335920

Speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2YX1KW

#2068 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Having tried both, I'd say the Kickers are better for uppers/backbox in my opinion then combine with Polk external sub and I don't know that I'd bother replacing the sub in the cabinet. Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro I think are a horse a piece, just an easier install as they are already 4 ohm. If you go Kickers, make sure to wire in a series as they are 8 ohm and need to be 4. Follow this wire diagram, really easy with a crimper and wire connectors(30 mins)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3335920
Speakers:
amazon.com link »

Just to clarify, Kickers are 4 ohm, Pinballpro are 8 ohms.

#2069 6 years ago

Found this ball guard/diverter in my plastic moat today. People playing last couple days for a party and I only noticed it because ball wouldn't eject until it thought something was stuck

Looked all around and cant find where it needs to go...

Anyone recognize this piece ?
Went thru manual and I dont see it, pretty tough close-ups to see anything in the manual

Puzzled...Any help would be great

Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2070 6 years ago

Looks like one of the Joust gates?

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Found this ball guard/diverter in my plastic moat today. People playing last couple days for a party and I only noticed it because ball wouldn't eject until it thought something was stuck
Went thru manual and I dont see it, pretty tough close-ups to see anything in the manual
Thanks!

I had the same issue. It's in the castle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-help-id-this-part-found-at-the-bottom-of-the-cabinet#post-2845946

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just to clarify, Kickers are 4 ohm, Pinballpro are 8 ohms.

My bad, corrected.

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Thanks!

Looks like it might go in the moat where the lock shot/castle shot drops or the entrance to the catapult? Worth a look at least to see if it is missing there.

Edit: looks like it's in the castle as per the post above.

#2074 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the help marspinball...
Pix worth a thousand words!

Will get to it today

#2075 6 years ago

A couple of new owner q's for the more tenured MMR crew:

1. Lockdown bar is slightly annoying as it has a more give and shake than my other B/W games or any Stern of his lock type. Did anyone have good results adding more foam backing to it?

2. Any visual wear to the castle door after repeat beatings with the ball over time? If so, Is mylar the easy solution or will it be too noticeable?

Appreciate the feedback
- Thanks guys!!

#2076 6 years ago

Just got barnyard mb for the second time.

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

1. Lockdown bar is slightly annoying as it has a more give and shake than my other B/W games or any Stern of his lock type. Did anyone have good results adding more foam backing to it?

Just like B/W, two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver allow you to adjust it tighter or looser.

LTG : )

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

A couple of new owner q's for the more tenured MMR crew:
2. Any visual wear to the castle door after repeat beatings with the ball over time? If so, Is mylar the easy solution or will it be too noticeable?
Appreciate the feedback
- Thanks guys!!

My lockdown bar has been perfect and solid since unboxing it about a year and a half ago. No visual wear to castle drawbridge decal. I wouldn't worry if it's home use. Saying that, I don't think I've ever seen a worn castle drawbridge decal.

#2079 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just like B/W, two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver allow you to adjust it tighter or looser.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, total brain lapse, it's been FOREVA since Ive even had to adjust one !!!

Thanks guys, won't sweat the drawbridge either. Happy 4th!

#2080 6 years ago

The drawbridge can wear depending on the quality of the decal.top_lf_before (resized).jpgtop_lf_before (resized).jpg

#2081 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I enjoy my MMr and the only recurring issue I have is with the Castle Assembly "Hinge-Flap" (P/N 31-2826-3B).
In multiball (usually) a ball will get stuck behind the flap and sit there, and the only way to get it out is to take the glass off...really annoying.
Either the flap mech is binding, or the 6.5 deg slope isn't enough to allow the flap to let the ball drop back into the moat. Haven't had time to take the assembly apart to try to diagnose the cause...or gotten out my WD40
Robert

Also having same issue....
Did you find a quick fix or does anyone else know how to solve this one effectively...

#2082 6 years ago

My machine is set at about 7 degrees and the ball will occasionally get hung up behind the right troll- if I shake it or wait until ball search drops the troll, I usually drain straight down the middle!

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

My machine is set at about 7 degrees and the ball will occasionally get hung up behind the right troll- if I shake it or wait until ball search drops the troll, I usually drain straight down the middle!

Need to bend the metal guide on back of troll mrch slightly....

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Need to bend the metal guide on back of troll mrch slightly....

Will check that out- thanks!

#2085 6 years ago

Today I removed the kicker speaker upgrade and installed the Pinballpro speaker kit. Removing the original cabinet speaker mount was horrible. It was stapled and glued down. After the mount was removed installation was a breeze. I am happy with the outcome.

#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Today I removed the kicker speaker upgrade and installed the Pinballpro speaker kit. Removing the original cabinet speaker mount was horrible. It was stapled and glued down. After the mount was removed installation was a breeze. I am happy with the outcome.

Was thinking to order a set. Is there a drastic difference in sound?

After removing the cabinet grill, how did you install the subwoofer? Did you have to screw into the bottom of the cab?

#2087 6 years ago

You have to pry off the old mount with a small pry bar or large screwdriver and hammer. It doesn't come off in one piece, so you have to scrape the rest off with a razor scraper. It took me about an hour to remove the cabinet mount.
The bass is pretty good and the back box speakers are about equal with the Kickers. I agree with the other posts about needing to go with a powered sub if you want more bass. You only have so much to work with using just the stock amp etc. It is a drastic improvement over the stock speaker setup.

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

You have to pry off the old mount with a small pry bar or large screwdriver and hammer. It doesn't come off in one piece, so you have to scrape the rest off with a razor scraper. It took me about an hour to remove the cabinet mount.
The bass is pretty good and the back box speakers are about equal with the Kickers. I agree with the other posts about needing to go with a powered sub if you want more bass. You only have so much to work with using just the stock amp etc. It is a drastic improvement over the stock speaker setup.

Yea, I'm not looking to shake the house. A powered sub is overkill for my needs.

When you get the mount off, how does the sub attach to the cabinet?

#2089 6 years ago

http://pinballpro.net/instructions/swtr2mmr

It screws to the bottom of the cabinet.

#2090 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a laseriffic mm topper? $200.00 you pay for shipping. If so please PM me...

#2091 6 years ago

Can't remember the last time I heard the damsel do you have a horse callout.

#2092 6 years ago

Finally got to BFTK, but just couldn't hit that damn Damsel ramp!

F*%$ that was intense!

IMG_20170717_015129 (resized).jpegIMG_20170717_015129 (resized).jpeg

#2093 6 years ago

Very nice!

#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally got to BFTK, but just couldn't hit that damn Damsel ramp!
F*%$ that was intense!

That is without beating BFTK? Nice score!

#2095 6 years ago

Guys my DMD display seems to lean out and down. So the top of the image of the display is kind of cut off. Do any of you have that issue and what to do about it?

Thanks

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That is without beating BFTK? Nice score!

Yeah, I couldn't hit the Damsel ramp! No idea why it was so tough to hit, but guess the nerves got the better of me!

#2097 6 years ago

Just ordered mine today. Now the waiting begins...

#2098 6 years ago

Congrats!

#2099 6 years ago

Thinking of buying one. Standard one owner. HUO. Color screen. Shaker. Cliffys. $7,400. Jump on it?

#2100 6 years ago

Oh hell ya get it!!! I finally got mine a couple weeks ago, Color DMD, Shaker, topper, Britebuttons, Stern HD glass , Pinbaldes, cliffys a few other things. You will love it, the price seems right too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 45.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/42?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.