Topic Stats

• 4,711 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question for everyone... (MMR and MM alike..)
How often would you say you are able to get ALL of the Madness Multiballs going at once? (Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll, either started during the others, or at the beginning..)
I'm curious how often it's an occurrence.

Do you mean all madnesses lit before getting multiball? Or Royal Madness? I've never had all madnesses lit without at least one Merlin hole shot before it, if that's what you mean. I guess you can score higher if you do it that way, all lit before getting Multiball, but I think you are giving up some castle hit hurryups, which show up when each additional madness gets lit after Multiball already happened. I think that's the way it is.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Do you mean all madnesses lit before getting multiball? Or Royal Madness? I've never had all madnesses lit without at least one Merlin hole shot before it, if that's what you mean. I guess you can score higher if you do it that way, all lit before getting Multiball, but I think you are giving up some castle hit hurryups, which show up when each additional madness gets lit after Multiball already happened. I think that's the way it is.

Yeah, I was meaning the 'Madness' multiball before 'Royal Madness'. I understood you can stack them (i.e. Complete all items before shooting Merlin hole) - but whenever I play MM, it's *extremely* difficult NOT hitting that Merlin hole, even by accident.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, I was meaning the 'Madness' multiball before 'Royal Madness'. I understood you can stack them (i.e. Complete all items before shooting Merlin hole) - but whenever I play MM, it's *extremely* difficult NOT hitting that Merlin hole, even by accident.

The one thing that helps is to complete Damsel first, as a missed Damsel shot often ends up in the Merlin hole.

Real satisfying getting Multiball Madness with all the madnesses lit.....even more satisfying is to start seeing the points add up from all the Jackpots!!!

#2004 2 years ago

I can usually get mostly all of them. Catapult and Troll being the ones I do miss most often.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Question for everyone... (MMR and MM alike..)
How often would you say you are able to get ALL of the Madness Multiballs going at once? (Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll, either started during the others, or at the beginning..)
I'm curious how often it's an occurrence.

I always go for the full stack, and usually end up one or two short (looking at you trolls and/or catapult)...but it's awesome when you do it and get that great loud callout at the start of it.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I always go for the full stack, and usually end up one or two short (looking at you trolls and/or catapult)...but it's awesome when you do it and get that great loud callout at the start of it.

What's the callout? (For people haven't completed the full stack before Multiball). Do you get any castle hurryups when all are stacked or just better jackpot multipliers? As I stated earlier, if only a partial stack before Multiball, the additional madnesses give a castle hurry-up shot of 1000000-. If full stack this might be missed.

#2007 2 years ago

What's the callout? (For people haven't completed the full stack before Multiball). Do you get any castle hurryups when all are stacked or just better jackpot multipliers? As I stated earlier, if only a partial stack before Multiball, the additional madnesses give a castle hurry-up shot of 1000000-. If full stack this might be missed.

As far as i remember (again, it's been a while), there are three different callouts to 'Madness Multiball'.
Anything with more than one missing gets the normal one.
With you start it and are only missing one, you get a more intense one, and then
When you start it with all lit, you get a VERY intense callout.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As far as i remember (again, it's been a while), there are three different callouts to 'Madness Multiball'.
Anything with more than one missing gets the normal one.
With you start it and are only missing one, you get a more intense one, and then
When you start it with all lit, you get a VERY intense callout.

I see. The callout is still "Catapult..etc...MULTIBALL MADDDNESS!". Just more intensely voiced.

#2009 2 years ago

Ya stacking all 5 is awesome! But I am usually short the trolls and try to at least get them from merlin when I start the other 4. Then finish trolls and get a second ball save.

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ya stacking all 5 is awesome! But I am usually short the trolls and try to at least get them from merlin when I start the other 4. Then finish trolls and get a second ball save.

I never knew that. Is there a ball save indicator somewhere (how many you have total\number left)? BTW, sometimes I get game stats when holding a ball on the leftflipper but not always. What triggers that?

#2011 2 years ago

I never knew that. Is there a ball save indicator somewhere (how many you have total\number left)? BTW, sometimes I get game stats when holding a ball on the leftflipper but not always. What triggers that?

He's talking about the ball save timer...The flashing red shield...

#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

He's talking about the ball save timer...The flashing red shield...

Yes, Magic Shield. It's NOT the Shoot Again insert in this game for ball save. As long as it's lit/flashing your ball will be saved. When starting Royal Madness you get the magic shield active. That's when you should be attempting the dangerous catapult shots!

#2013 2 years ago

Get trolls mode lit. As well as having all other multiball lit execpt trolls. Start Multiball madness with trolls. Once you knock down the trolls you will add troll multiball madness to you current multiball.
Then once your multiball is over, royal madness will be lit. Start royal madness and every lit shot will add to lighting the blue center inserts.
So if you have already completed the required shots to light a madness twice before starting royal madness. Completing the lit shots associated with each madness will instantly light the blue center insert.

The hardest one to light is castle crusher as you actually have to beat every castle.

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I do the same. If the drawbridge is not down or the gate is not up, Merlin likes to give you one of them sometimes in place of trolls.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Get trolls mode lit. As well as having all other multiball lit execpt trolls. Start Multiball madness with trolls. Once you knock down the trolls you will add troll multiball madness to you current multiball.
Then once your multiball is over, royal madness will be lit. Start royal madness and every lit shot will add to lighting the blue center inserts.

Exactly my strategy. So satisfying to get that 4 Madness Multiball call-out, and then the crazy one once you knock down the trolls.

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Exactly my strategy. So satisfying to get that 4 Madness Multiball call-out, and then the crazy one once you knock down the trolls.

Yeah, that's the way to go!

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just swapped my right one with the left one.

Thanks for this advice, I swapped them over today and played for about an hour without it sticking. I still feel I need a couple more hours play to prove it but it's looking good so far.

I can't really see how swapping them could have fixed it. I had already checked the opto and cleaned it reseated the connection and checked that it wasn't getting stuck on anything. If there is a fault with it why does it work on the left side?

Anyway fingers crossed that I'm not back next week posting that it's sticking again.

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for this advice, I swapped them over today and played for about an hour without it sticking. I still feel I need a couple more hours play to prove it but it's looking good so far.
I can't really see how swapping them could have fixed it. I had already checked the opto and cleaned it reseated the connection and checked that it wasn't getting stuck on anything. If there is a fault with it why does it work on the left side?
Anyway fingers crossed that I'm not back next week posting that it's sticking again.

I'm having the exact same issue... I replaced the flippers, crank and plunger, coil sleeve and coil stop, and thought it was fixed. But now it feels like there is glue under the flipper button, and it's just not as smoother as the other one. It makes it hard to play, because that sticking causes a slight delay in making connections.

Before I start trouble shooting, I have a question about the the crank and flipper shaft. I know that you are supposed to put the spacing tool between the flipper and the bushing, but what space should you have between the bushing and the crank?

When you put the flipper shaft through the crank, and put it in place, it moves as you tighten the pawl.

So should it be flush with the bushing, or should there be space?

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you put the flipper shaft through the crank, and put it in place, it moves as you tighten the pawl.

Tighten so it barely moves, line it up where you want it, then tighten it more.

Quoted from Damien:

but what space should you have between the bushing and the crank?

Thickness of a business card.

Quoted from Damien:

So should it be flush with the bushing, or should there be space?

Tiny space.

Quoted from Damien:

But now it feels like there is glue under the flipper button, and it's just not as smoother as the other one.

Remove from the machine. Spray it with 409, Windex, or something. Work it some, then rinse with hot water, dry, and put back in the machine.

LTG : )

#2020 2 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball coming down the right guides and hitting the top portion of the slingshot, but usually only during Multiball?

It's been happening lately, and nothing I do with leveling the game is fixing it. It seriously disrupts the flow of the game.

Any suggestions?

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Has anyone had an issue with the ball coming down the right guides and hitting the top portion of the slingshot, but usually only during Multiball?
It's been happening lately, and nothing I do with leveling the game is fixing it. It seriously disrupts the flow of the game.
Any suggestions?

I had to bend my guide just a tad

#2022 2 years ago

Hi guys Im new to pinball. MMR LE is my first Pinball machine. I have a couple problems, can you guys help

1) for weeks, game played fine, it is brand new. There seems to be some static or some vibration noise coming from the left speaker if facing the machine. Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot it?

2) My ball always gets stuck behind the right troll.. how do I fix it??

Thanks
MM

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys Im new to pinball. MMR LE is my first Pinball machine. I have a couple problems, can you guys help
1) for weeks, game played fine, it is brand new. There seems to be some static or some vibration noise coming from the left speaker if facing the machine. Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot it?
2) My ball always gets stuck behind the right troll.. how do I fix it??
Thanks
MM

1. I'd check the wiring and make sure there are no loose connections. Also see if the wires are routed hear others that carry higher voltage. Putting a ferrite core on each end of the speaker wire could be worth a shot. Could be a bad speaker.

2. Is the game level? This would be the easiest fix.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

1. I'd check the wiring and make sure there are no loose connections. Also see if the wires are routed hear others that carry higher voltage. Putting a ferrite core on each end of the speaker wire could be worth a shot. Could be a bad speaker.
2. Is the game level? This would be the easiest fix.

1. I finally opened the back glass of the machine, never did that before, and just tightened the screws around that speaker.. solved. Thank goodness it wasn't more complicated then that

2. I think your right, I have to level the game, maybe its off the right a bit

Thanks
MM

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

1. I finally opened the back glass of the machine, never did that before, and just tightened the screws around that speaker.. solved. Thank goodness it wasn't more complicated then that
2. I think your right, I have to level the game, maybe its off the right a bit
Thanks
MM

If you've never opened the backbox before, did you also install the backbox wingbolts??? They are a must, help keep the backbox in place to the cabinet as I wouldn't rely on the back latch........

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

If you've never opened the backbox before, did you also install the backbox wingbolts??? They are a must, help keep the backbox in place to the cabinet as I wouldn't rely on the back latch........

Yeah, I just installed the bolts today. I have been meaning to, but I couldnt find the key to open up the head.. finally found it inside the coin door. Well.. at least I know what to do when I get my next machines! I ordered a Star Wars LE, and have a Simpsons Pinball party on the way! But one last question, is the DMD display adjustable? It looks like the screen needs to go down just a notch
MM

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I had to bend my guide just a tad

Can I ask how you did that? Did you remove the guide from the game and adjust?

What tool did you use?

I don't understand why the guide would need adjusting this early on. Game was playing fine and ball dropping down to the flipper smoothly. Now constantly hitting the slingshot and draining out or messing up the flow of a good Multiball.

I'm confused as to why it does it on Multiball only though? Single ball play never drops and hits the slingshot.

Any ideas?

#2028 2 years ago

Loosen the locknut holding it by the slingshot. Move the wireform guide left or right as needed. Retighten.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can I ask how you did that? Did you remove the guide from the game and adjust?
What tool did you use?
I don't understand why the guide would need adjusting this early on. Game was playing fine and ball dropping down to the flipper smoothly. Now constantly hitting the slingshot and draining out or messing up the flow of a good Multiball.
I'm confused as to why it does it on Multiball only though? Single ball play never drops and hits the slingshot.
Any ideas?

Had same exact problem hear. Was fine for months and then started to hit the slings especially during multi ball. I cleaned the playfield and it stopped doing it. I'm guessing the dirty playfield was making the ball move slower which caused it to lose its momentum coming off the guide at that angle. If you haven't already maybe try cleaning that side and see if that helps.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the locknut holding it by the slingshot. Move the wireform guide left or right as needed. Retighten.

Wireform?? Isn't it the guide that I need to adjust.

Also, regarding the other reply about cleaning, I did recently clean, but not around the jets. I'll try to get in there to clean it up and hopefully that will smoothen out the flow.

One little observation. The guide on the left side petrudes out slightly​ from the rubber post, but on the right, the guide is just a tad bit behind the rubber, almost flush. Doesn't seem possible that the ball could bend or move the guide, but what the hell do I know!?!?

Last thing... Do you guys generally keep your games at perfect zero level, or so you lean left/right as needed to make ramps shots and other shots more reliable?

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wireform?? Isn't it the guide that I need to adjust.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the ball coming down the wireform and hitting the slingshot plastic on the way down.

If it's the lane guide, then yes you'd need to adjust that.

#2032 2 years ago

I noticed a credit dot today and tried to use the service switches to see what is up but the service switches don't work, all 4 of them.

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I noticed a credit dot today and tried to use the service switches to see what is up but the service switches don't work, all 4 of them.

Please check them for broken wires, lugs on switches shorting to metal, and make sure the connectors inside are pushed together tight.

#2034 2 years ago

Ohhhhh man! I just took a little break from work to play one quick game, and I just about did it!

Beat the King's castle for the very first time, and had all modes mastered except for Trolls. Got trolls, with a 3 ball madness multiball and ended up getting them all stuck in catapult

Fished one out, and it drained right away, and then scrambled to get control of the two remaining balls but Trolls ended.

Then I only needed Trolls to start my third Royale Madness, and I bricked the shot and it went SDTM.

Sooooooooooooo close!

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ohhhhh man! I just took a little break from work to play one quick game, and I just about did it!
Beat the King's castle for the very first time, and had all modes mastered except for Trolls. Got trolls, with a 3 ball madness multiball and ended up getting them all stuck in catapult
Fished one out, and it drained right away, and then scrambled to get control of the two remaining balls but Trolls ended.
Then I only needed Trolls to start my third Royale Madness, and I bricked the shot and it went SDTM.
Sooooooooooooo close!

Did you increase the catapult strength to +1? That'll clear 2 balls but I've never had 3 in there.

#2036 2 years ago

Did you increase the catapult strength to +1? That'll clear 2 balls but I've never had 3 in there.

It happens so infrequently that I decided not to turn up the power of the coil. Go figure that the problem happens on the best game I've ever had haha.

#2037 2 years ago

Does anyone else have occasional vibration noises when the volume is 10+ and can identify where its coming from? Sounds like something is rattling but I have no idea where to look!
Thanks

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone else have occasional vibration noises when the volume is 10+ and can identify where its coming from? Sounds like something is rattling but I have no idea where to look!
Thanks

I had a new one start since I upgraded speakers. weird one but seems like its the glass rattling in the left rail. I'm sure there are a million places it could be coming from though...

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Mine was rattling when the playfield glass was not fully pushed in, could it be that?

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please check them for broken wires, lugs on switches shorting to metal, and make sure the connectors inside are pushed together tight.

I checked the line for broken wires, reseated the connector near the coin door, problem remained. I went into the backbox and actually pulled out the connectors and re-seated them. Service switches work fine now. If anyone else encounters that problem, try pulling out the connectors in the backbox and re-seating them. Don't just push the connectors to ensure they are seated.

1 week later
#2041 2 years ago

Probably the biggest thing I love about MMR is the music and that knocker. That thing scares the crap out of me! It feels like its going to break a hole in the machine .. awesome!

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Probably the biggest thing I love about MMR is the music and that knocker. That thing scares the crap out of me! It feels like its going to break a hole in the machine .. awesome!

True!!! My dogs wouldn't stop barking for 20 minutes the first few times I set off the knocker on MMr.....

#2043 2 years ago

my wife barked when I set mine off too LOL

#2044 2 years ago

Finally got my NIB MMR yesterday. Here are my findings.

Cabinet wrap at corners is not trimmed off and you can feel it when your hands are on the flippers.
Knocker didn't work. Found bent fuse clip on power supply. Repaired.
Left ball gate was stuck open. There was no spring on the solenoid so gate could not return to the closed position. Unresolved.
Playfield support bolt was loose and sticking out the side of the cabinet. Repaired.
"Fight" ball lane switch was bent and not registering. Repaired.
Ball hits top of right sling when coming out of the right orbit. Adjusted
Catapult works part of the time. Ball crashes into the flasher or switch and dies at the top of the ramp. Unresolved.

Most of these things I have adjusted and are now working. The only real concern I have is with the sound. This is a huge disappointment. There is a feature in the game that when the castle drawbridge begins to lower there is a sound effect for it. It synchronizes perfectly with the video on the dmd and the actual drawbridge on the playfield. This believe it or not was a huge selling point for me. On my new MMR the music is so loud that you can't hear the sound effect unless the volume is at 10 or above. Then the music is almost unbearable. I feel they have made an error in the voice, music, sound effect mixing. Does anyone have some information on this before I contact CGC. I will also search the forum for other posts concerning this matter. Is it maybe that the speakers are so bad that they are being overdriven?

Now the good. The game is beautiful. Playfield is really nice, inserts are readable, and I like the LED's. I upgraded to the color dmd and I think it was worth the $$. I am in the process of putting on Cliffy's and Mantis protectors. No problem with the ball popping out of the Merlin hole.

I will be totally happy if something can be done about the sound.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2045 2 years ago

I can't speak to your exact concern on sound, however changing speakers makes a huge difference. Having done that, the game really came to life and sounds were clear and there sounds I had never heard before due to being drowned out. I don't think the stock speaks have tweeters. Here's a thread, $30 bucks gets you a nice set of kickers that bolt right in with wiring diagram as well. There is always the Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity route. The stocks ones definitely have to go.

Added over 2 years ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr/page/2#post-3335920

#2046 2 years ago

Wow. That's a bad start! I hope cgc isn't having those quality problems regularly! I have a afmr Le ordered. Sorry you're having such a bad experience

#2047 2 years ago

I installed Flipper Fidelity speakers, BIG difference! worth the time and money!

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

I installed Flipper Fidelity speakers, BIG difference! worth the time and money!

Yeah, I did it on mine too. Purchsed them in Allentown. The sound is 100% better. Those factory speakers were garbage.

Quoted from paynemic:

Wow. That's a bad start! I hope cgc isn't having those quality problems regularly! I have a afmr Le ordered. Sorry you're having such a bad experience

Stern was still assembling some MMRs remember? More than likely on their end. With all the problems they have had. I don't doubt it.

#2049 2 years ago

I got the $25 speakers from Best Buy and they sound amazing too. Look for the link earlier in this thread.

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Stern was still assembling some MMRs remember? More than likely on their end. With all the problems they have had. I don't doubt it.

Yup this is one of Stern's last builds, I guess they knew they got the boot and didn't give a shit anymore. Glad CGC is making all their own games moving forward. They seem to be really focussing on quality.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside