Topic Stats

• 4,713 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 95.
#1901 2 years ago

I can't figure out how to reset the high scores on this . My father in law has one,and I have gb,which was easy to reset high scores. Can somebody let me know please (I know just play better . But it's in the audits somewhere. I just can't find it . Please ?

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

But it's in the audits somewhere. I just can't find it . Please ?

I'd check resets in Utilities.

LTG : )

#1903 2 years ago

Arghhhhhhhhhh!

Played a couple of games tonight, and on my first ball, I was up to 70 million, Royale Madness ready, 4 castles down, 2 extra balls, and looking like I might see BFTK for the time!

Drain my first ball, and then the next 4 balls were absolute junk! Ended with 80 million and wanted to flip the machine right over!!!

Dammit I suck hahahaha!

#1904 2 years ago

Could someone please tell me do all the parts of an MM flipper rebuild kit fit my MMR ?

(I'm not at home to check my manual and reading it on my phone sucks)

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Could someone please tell me do all the parts of an MM flipper rebuild kit fit my MMR ?

Yes.

#1906 2 years ago

Thank you

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

(I'm not at home to check my manual and reading it on my phone sucks)

Do they need rebuilding already? You must play lot!

Marc

#1908 2 years ago

Had an awesome game this afternoon. Beat it twice in one game. First time doing that. I've been to the end twice before but never beat it both times. You get 50 mil for the first time and 100 mil for the 2nd

IMG_1780 (resized).JPG

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Had an awesome game this afternoon. Beat it twice in one game. First time doing that. I've been to the end twice before but never beat it both times. You get 50 mil for the first time and 100 mil for the 2nd

You succeeded to win the bftk twice in one game? That's fantastic! Great game. 3 ball, standard settings, etc?

#1910 2 years ago

Yes 3 ball factory settings

#1911 2 years ago

I joined the club!

20170602_234224 (resized).jpg

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I joined the club!

It is a thing of beauty.

#1913 2 years ago

I found the funniest thing in my mmr today. I was cleaning the pf and in a whim I popped off the flasher by the shooter lane. And the little lamp board was upside down!! Just sitting over top of the socket. I plugged it in correctly and checked all the others. No others like that! Funny assembly error! And I only found it after a year or so!

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Holy shit! I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm struggling to get to the first BFTK. Closest I've been is 5th castle, and everything mastered.

But I keep losing balls in the side drains, and usually after having one good ball, I squander the rest

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

2 extra balls, and looking like I might see BFTK for the time!
Drain my first ball,

Little known fact...the callout "Get the extra ball!" you hear when you light the extra ball had to be shortened from the originally planned callout. It was actually supposed to be "Get the extra ball, so when you play the extra ball I can immediately throw that ball STDM or through the outlane destroying your dreams of a good game as I rip your effing heart out!"

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Little known fact...the callout "Get the extra ball!" you hear when you light the extra ball had to be shortened from the originally planned callout. It was actually supposed to be "Get the extra ball, so when you play the extra ball I can immediately throw that ball STDM or through the outlane destroying your dreams of a good game as I rip your effing heart out!"

I'm glad they shortened it.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm glad they shortened it.

As am I; but believe me, I still hear it as it was intended to be

#1918 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the strength of the slingshots?

And, will turning the shooter strength to light reduce the wear in the shooter lane?

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And, will turning the shooter strength to light reduce the wear in the shooter lane?

Cliffy has a new protector for the shooter lane kickout

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Settings - Coils.

Quoted from Damien:

Some, but be sure the ball gets to the lane.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils.

Some, but be sure the ball gets to the lane.

I'm assuming this is in the CGC menu? I don't see a "coil" setting... Is it solenoid?

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm assuming this is in the CGC menu? I don't see a "coil" setting... Is it solenoid?

CGC Menu - 3rd page. Trough

I'm sorry, there isn't one for slingshots. My mistake.

#1923 2 years ago

Confused. Does the trough setting alter the strength of slingshot, or something else?

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does the trough setting alter the strength of slingshot, or something else?

Ball trough up to shooter lane only.

Can't adjust slingshots on MMR, I made a mistake.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ball trough up to shooter lane only.
Can't adjust slingshots on MMR, I made a mistake.

Is there a reference that explains the changes in the Williams settings? For instance, the default setting for the Castle is hard. What do the other options for this change. I'm guessing less shots to complete?

Was this in the owner's manual?

And one last thing... Updated to 2.0.2 today and first game the sound was interrupted by this horrible crackling.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was this in the owner's manual?

Download the MM manual from IPDB and see if it's in there.

Quoted from Damien:

And one last thing... Updated to 2.0.2 today and first game the sound was interrupted by this horrible crackling.

Is it okay now ?

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it okay now ?

Yup, found it. So just looks like it's one less hit per castle in "easy".

Tempted to try it, but feel likes it's cheating!

I'll let you know about the sound when I get a chance to get a game in this evening.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.23.24 PM (resized).png

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Cliffy has a new protector for the shooter lane kickout

Is this the ball eject cliffy or are there 2 cliffy's now for the shooter lane\ball eject?

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yup, found it. So just looks like it's one less hit per castle in "easy".
Tempted to try it, but feel likes it's cheating!
I'll let you know about the sound when I get a chance to get a game in this evening.

There's also an easy default setting that gives you the first lit insert for all madness shots right from the start. Again that's default.

#1930 2 years ago

Looking for advice. Does it make sense to have a remote battery holder on MMR? I believe its a button battery setup, does anyone make one?

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this the ball eject cliffy or are there 2 cliffy's now for the shooter lane\ball eject?

This one

IMG_4687 (resized).JPG

#1932 2 years ago

Ok. Already got that one installed. That protector has been out for awhile so when it was mentioned as "new" that threw me off.

#1933 2 years ago

Had my best first ball score yet, over 33,000,000 thru Royal Madness and 3 castles, 1 lit master insert. This machine is awesome when it is getting worked, multiballs and castle hurry ups and trolls, light shows, flashing inserts in Royal Madness and callouts and trying not to SDTM on castle gate shots. Lots going on at the same time. Awesome.

#1934 2 years ago

Is it possible to adjust flipper strength?

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yes. CGC Menu, 3rd screen.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I've found all factory strength presets work best except changing catapult default strength to +1 to avoid having the issue of not being able to clear 2 balls in the catapult simultaneously.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it okay now ?

Heard that awful audio crackling again!

Is this a known issue?

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. CGC Menu, 3rd screen.

CGC menu?

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is this a known issue?

Not a recent one.

Please open a ticket on the CGC Support desk.

#1940 2 years ago

CGC Menu. It's in the manual. Game turned on, open coin door. Hold Escape Button down five seconds or so and you go into the CGC menu. Once there. Every time you push the Escape button, you advance through the CGC screens, until you go back to attract mode.

#1941 2 years ago

Question about dialing in... Played a MMR at one of the local meets today, and absolutely loved the way it played.

When I shot at the gate, the ball would come back nicely to one of the flippers, but dangerously enough that without some control, it could SDTM.

On my MMR, it's suicide to hit castles. Once you do, the ball either goes right down the middle, or leads to some scary bounces.

Couple of differences I noticed in the machine today is that the flippers seemed set higher. I lined the bats up with the holes, but this machine looks like it was lined up with the rubbers on (so higher).

Also, he had installed Superbands, and although both of our machines are at about 7 degrees, he had the front legs cranked up about 1/4 way, where mine are flat in the front.

Just curious to know some tips on dialing in.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question about dialing in... Played a MMR at one of the local meets today, and absolutely loved the way it played.
When I shot at the gate, the ball would come back nicely to one of the flippers, but dangerously enough that without some control, it could SDTM.
On my MMR, it's suicide to hit castles. Once you do, the ball either goes right down the middle, or leads to some scary bounces.
Couple of differences I noticed in the machine today is that the flippers seemed set higher. I lined the bats up with the holes, but this machine looks like it was lined up with the rubbers on (so higher).
Also, he had installed Superbands, and although both of our machines are at about 7 degrees, he had the front legs cranked up about 1/4 way, where mine are flat in the front.
Just curious to know some tips on dialing in.

Not sure what you are asking so I'll leave it to others to answer. What I've learned over all the games on my MMR. The risky shot is the gate, as you've found, the drawbridge almost never SDTMs. The gate SDTMs are not configurable, are you trying to make it easier? Maybe there's some assembly play in the castle. I would suggest trying a combo shot when you are on your last ball with no extra balls lined up. Most direct shots will be risky. Even the troll switches SDTM sometimes. I know this is not helpful but as I asked, are you trying to make the machine easier for some reason?

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure what you are asking so I'll leave it to others to answer. What I've learned over all the games on my MMR. The risky shot is the gate, as you've found, the drawbridge almost never SDTMs. The gate SDTMs are not configurable, are you trying to make it easier? Maybe there's some assembly play in the castle. I would suggest trying a combo shot when you are on your last ball with no extra balls lined up. Most direct shots will be risky. Even the troll switches SDTM sometimes. I know this is not helpful but as I asked, are you trying to make the machine easier for some reason?

No, not easier, just a with a bit more control to take down a few castles. The game I played today allowed me to catch balls coming from the castle, and I was at Payne's castle after some strategic playing. On my game, I'm lucky to get to castle 4!

Just trying to figure out how to adjust to allow a bit more control coming out of the castle gate hits.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No, not easier, just a with a bit more control to take down a few castles. The game I played today allowed me to catch balls coming from the castle, and I was at Payne's castle after some strategic playing. On my game, I'm lucky to get to castle 4!
Just trying to figure out how to adjust to allow a bit more control coming out of the castle gate hits.

Try to hit the castle with the left flipper only and not straight, but hitting the drawbridge sides before, so that the return ball is not straight either. Use the right flipper shots for ramps or the castle MB, but not for the castle itself.

That is my experience. The same remark by Bowen in the Papa MM tutorial. Watch this.

#1945 2 years ago

Starting to think my game has it out for me.

If you have a sec to look at this quick video, you'll see two brutal side drains right off the slingshots at the end. I played an MMR the other day, and it played nothing like this.

I'm set at 6.5 and 0 degrees across.

I'm seriously ready to sell this thing or throw it out of the window!!! Hahaha

#1946 2 years ago

All I can see is you need to adjust your left side kick out or perhaps the guiderail or both. Adjust to 7 degrees and see what changes and if it plays better for your taste. Other than that nudge!

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you have a sec to look at this quick video, you'll see two brutal side drains right off the slingshots at the end. I played an MMR the other day, and it played nothing like this.
» YouTube video

You can also try to adjust your slingshot settings. The slings can be adjusted separately as far a s I remember. Go down one unit and the slings fire less agressively.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

You can also try to adjust your slingshot settings. The slings can be adjusted separately as far a s I remember. Go down one unit and the slings fire less agressively.

I'm set at about 6.7 in the lower part of the playfield. It's about 6.4 just under the trolls.

There are also a couple of spot in the middle of the pf where it dips to about 6.2. is this normal?

As for the slingshots, I don't believe there is way to adjust aside from manually tweaking the switches. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

#1949 2 years ago

Looked at the video and thought your game played slower, my slope is 7+ degrees. As far as the side drains, I saw nothing noteworthy there. I can't tell you how many times I've had a ball go 2/3 down the inlane only to have some magical power spin it up and over the divider into the outlane.

As far as slope, it should be consistent; however, finding an instrument that is long enough and precise enough and then place it exactly parallel to the playfield sides is darn near impossible. Add to that the impact of any side to side out-of-level condition and I suspect variation is more likely due to measurement than the playfield itself.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

» YouTube video

Definitely playing very slowly imo . Id jack up the back legs a fair amount(7-7.5) which will also help with side to side movment and less side drains. Slingshot switches sld be gapped better also imo bc lots of hits didnt activate them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside