Topic Stats

• 4,711 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 95.
#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well that's arguably the hardest one to get, next to Castle Crusher Unless you get Smack-A-Troll...

Trolls are the easiest to get complete if you're smart enough to start multiball madness with trolls. In madness, EVERY hit to a troll counts as a kill towards the blue insert amount needed. It's usually the first blue insert I collect. The trolls mode/feature on the other hand requires 3 hits per troll to "kill" them and you only get two trolls to kill. If you start madness before trolls is lit you're going to have to make sure you get it for your next madness, which will be a good while later into the game. If you miss getting trolls for that second madness too, then you're pretty screwed unless you get lucky and Merlin hands you smack-a-troll.

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why would you say anything? They're designed for that. Shake the sh!t out of them!!!

If I'm in an intense game, I sometimes give my machine a good beatdown haha.

I hope they're designed for that!!!

#1853 2 years ago

My topper for MM (but it would fit on a MMR too!)

BlackKnight (resized).JPG

#1854 2 years ago

My MMr is cracking at the corners. I need to get some angle brackets to support it on the inside so it doesn't get worse.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

My MMr is cracking at the corners. I need to get some angle brackets to support it on the inside so it doesn't get worse.

Have you been nudging\smacking it?

#1856 2 years ago

Dumb Game play question. Is the only way you get the Video Mode Save the children through Merlin??? I have seen it on YouTube but never gotten it yet... :-/ Plus how do you fire? Left /Right seems obvious via flippers but the the video I saw was virtual (Via PS4) and it used another button to fire?

Thanks!

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Have you been nudging\smacking it?

Not really, I'm pretty gentle.

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Dumb Game play question. Is the only way you get the Video Mode Save the children through Merlin??? I have seen it on YouTube but never gotten it yet... :-/ Plus how do you fire? Left /Right seems obvious via flippers but the the video I saw was virtual (Via PS4) and it used another button to fire?
Thanks!

I wasn't aware it was one of merlins awards...in any case, no. You get to it by spelling FIRE a number of times (I think 7 may be the default) and then hit the Merlin saucer.

And you don't fire at all in the video mode. You run left/right and have to touch the buzzards to kill them. You can use the fire button once to kill all buzzards on the screen. One time only.

#1859 2 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Thanks!

Learn to master the ramps and pay attention to the lanes and you will get video mode fairly often. The ramps are key for me anyways.

#1860 2 years ago

Dup post

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why would you say anything? They're designed for that. Shake the sh!t out of them!!!

Exactly, Couldn't agree more!

Quoted from DSL_:

Thanks!

Yes video mode is a random and Extremly rare Merlin mystery award. But as others have said you can also get it by spelling fire a certain number of times in a game. You can change the number of fire spellings it takes in the settings.
(Default 7, lowest setting 5)

#1862 2 years ago

Noticed my right flipper sticking a couple of times... Is it likely to happen occasionally, or is this the sign that thee is binding or something else?

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

or is this the sign that thee is binding or something else?

I'd suspect binding first. Coil stop screws in tight ?

LTG : )

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd suspect binding first. Coil stop screws in tight ?

Checked the coil stop screws, and they were nice and snug.

I also checked the lock nuts holding the flipper bat in place, and that was nice and tight. Actually, so tight that you can see the bolt is bent. Is that how it's supposed to be?

IMG_20170526_130908 (resized).jpg

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Noticed my right flipper sticking a couple of times... Is it likely to happen occasionally, or is this the sign that thee is binding or something else?

Sometimes its just dirty, the coil sleeve filled with black dust.

Another weirdness is the coil stop can wear slightly concave and exactly match the plunger shape. This can lead to the plunger "locking on" the coil stop and sticking.

The solution is to clean the coil sleeve and file or sand down the plunger end slightly to change its shape (flatten it out more), and maybe file or sand down the coil stop slightly also so they dont lock together.

I had this happen on my TH at 300 plays, the parts were barely worn, just so weird sometimes.

#1866 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is that how it's supposed to be?

It's okay, somebody went to town to tighten the pawl to the flipper shaft.

Do you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat so the pawl isn't binding under the playfield to the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in ?

The rubber insulator on the pawl that closes the EOS leaf blades - is it worn ? Look at it carefully and push the flipper bat up and see if it catches on the EOS leaf blade.

The front coil bracket in your picture, the top by the coil lugs is leaning towards the flipper shaft a little, I'd bend that back a little and be sure the coil stop is straight up and down. When they lean in or out, weird things can happen with the plunger movement.

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's okay, somebody went to town to tighten the pawl to the flipper shaft.
Do you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat so the pawl isn't binding under the playfield to the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in ?
The rubber insulator on the pawl that closes the EOS leaf blades - is it worn ? Look at it carefully and push the flipper bat up and see if it catches on the EOS leaf blade.
The front coil bracket in your picture, the top by the coil lugs is leaning towards the flipper shaft a little, I'd bend that back a little and be sure the coil stop is straight up and down. When they lean in or out, weird things can happen with the plunger movement.

Here a little video showing the play:

EOS and pawl look fine.

Can you be a bit more specific about the coil stop. You're referring to the end with the lugs? The thick L shaped bracket​? Do I pull it off and bend that? Not even sure what tool I'd need as it's pretty thick.

#1868 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here a little video showing the play:

Up and down play is good.

Have you remove the plunger assembly to see if the pawl-plastic link- plunger , moves freely or is binding.

Quoted from Damien:

Can you be a bit more specific about the coil stop. You're referring to the end with the lugs? The thick L shaped bracket​? Do I pull it off and bend that? Not even sure what tool I'd need as it's pretty thick.

Look from the wire to the coil lug, see the gap between the metal L bracket near the lugs and as it goes towards the flipper base
plate and playfield, no gap ?

Easy to remove the coil stop, slide the coil off and leave hanging by the wires, take a pliers and gently bend the end of the L bracket back a bit.

#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up and down play is good.
Have you remove the plunger assembly to see if the pawl-plastic link- plunger , moves freely or is binding.

Look from the wire to the coil lug, see the gap between the metal L bracket near the lugs and as it goes towards the flipper base
plate and playfield, no gap ?
Easy to remove the coil stop, slide the coil off and leave hanging by the wires, take a pliers and gently bend the end of the L bracket back a bit.

Took the coil off and the sleeve and stop were filthy. Put in a new sleeve and replaced the stop and it immediately made the flipper feel stronger.

Pretty happy doing it myself considering two months ago I had to have a tech come over to do it for me.

The more you know

Thanks again for all the help!

#1870 2 years ago

i will get some spekergrills next week again

IMG_7527 (resized).jpg

#1871 2 years ago

Had a friend add a bunch of protectors to the MMR. I heard it was a lot of work. There were no significant wear issues from game play up to this point of adding the protectors. He said that there was zero detectable wear on any of the susceptible edges/areas, except the castle hole had a bit. I should be playing the pin more!

Here's the list of protectors

--Cliffy--
Catapult
Drawbridge protector
Shooter lane ball eject
Two switch slot protectors
PF flipper drain
Castle drain hole (not installed, went with Mantis)
'

--Mantis--
Castle drain hole
Castle protector w laser etched rock pattern
Moat eject hole
Merlin hole
'

--Pinbits--
Merlin hole
Plastics (not on yet)
'

The Mantis castle drain hole protector was installed instead of the Cliffy version. Some people have said they prefer the mantis version protectors for new pins, but that wasn't specific to the MM castle drain hole per say. That one went on last as it looked ugly for install. In the end it wasn't that bad.

And interestingly, the merlin hole has two protectors in it; one on top (pinbits) and the other in the dished hole (mantis). Works great together, no issues here. Haven't even needed the rubber damper piece.

The plastics protectors install is more work and aren't installed yet, I'll pick away at it, but am in no rush since it's huo.

There is that new flat cliffy to protect the top of the pf around the moat, which I may consider, but I also have mylar and am leaning to using that for simplicity.

Everything went fine, no significant changes in game play, and it all looks great. Nice! And lots protected!

#1872 2 years ago

looking for clarification that the code update on CGC's site will fix the Date/time dot bug. Info shows code is from June 30, 2016 so I'm pretty sure I would already be running that.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 12.13.04 PM (resized).png

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

so I'm pretty sure I would already be running that.

Easy to check. With game turned on, open coin door, hold down the escape button until the CGC menu comes up. First page has what software version is in your game.

#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to check. With game turned on, open coin door, hold down the escape button until the CGC menu comes up. First page has what software version is in your game.
LTG : )</blockquote

The code on CGCs site is apparently the older code. I got a copy of 2.0.2 which is suppose to fix the date/time bug.

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The code on CGCs site is apparently the older code. I got a copy of 2.0.2 which is suppose to fix the date/time bug.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php 2.0.2 is on their site. Try refreshing your browser, maybe you have an old link ?

#1877 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php 2.0.2 is on their site. Try refreshing your browser, maybe you have an old link ?

Must have been it, thanks Lloyd.

#1878 2 years ago

ltg This is what is shows for me in the Mac directions

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 3.08.29 PM (resized).png

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is what is shows for me in the Mac directions

I'll let them know they missed one. Thank you for pointing it out.

#1880 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is what is shows for me in the Mac directions

Anybody that runs into this, use the correct link http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr/update2.0.2. for download, works for PC or MAC. Follow instructions for which ever one you are using to open and put on a micro sd card.

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody that runs into this, use the correct link http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr/update2.0.2. for download, works for PC or MAC. Follow instructions for which ever one you are using to open and put on a micro sd card.

Update success.

#1882 2 years ago

Oh man, it's finally here!.
I've never taken a knee for a pin ...but this knight is ready to....

IMG_0555 (resized).JPG

#1883 2 years ago

I'm not an owner yet but I know for sure MMR will be my next game. Are they going out of production though? I see the guy right above me seems to have just gotten a NIB one but I notice distributors have sort of stopped advertising MMRs. Is that just because AFMR is the new hot thing?

I won't be able to get it until next year as I promised the wife I'd renovate a few home things before getting the next game. Starting to get worried they won't be in production anymore by then...

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Are they going out of production though?

Not soon at any rate. CGC is going to make 500 AFMR's and then make 500 more standard MMR's and then back to AFMR's.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm not an owner yet but I know for sure MMR will be my next game. Are they going out of production though? I see the guy right above me seems to have just gotten a NIB one but I notice distributors have sort of stopped advertising MMRs. Is that just because AFMR is the new hot thing?
I won't be able to get it until next year as I promised the wife I'd renovate a few home things before getting the next game. Starting to get worried they won't be in production anymore by then...

Automated has stock.

#1886 2 years ago

Been watching this video to get some tips:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the slant must be quite a bit more than 6.5 based on the speed of the ball, the lack of bounce on flippers, and the rarity of balls draining down the sides.

Or maybe I'm just envious that he seems to get BFTK so effortlessly haha

Thoughts?

#1887 2 years ago

Does anyone sell or can recommend lollipop rails for MMR?

#1888 2 years ago

Does anyone sell or can recommend lollipop rails for MMR?

Bought these instead, fit perfect on my MMr...

ebay.com link

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

ebay.com link

on a HUO with decals.....really not needed at all, those will yellow and be an eye sore

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

on a HUO with decals.....really not needed at all, those will yellow and be an eye sore

Sorta agree but the plastic can be whitened if that ever happens, there are techniques here on Pinside to easily do that. Off-hand I forget what that procedure is though.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

ebay.com link

Thanks. I spent much more on a set from another vendor that didn't fit at all. I'm going to try these.

#1892 2 years ago

Sorta agree but the plastic can be whitened if that ever happens, there are techniques here on Pinside to easily do that. Off-hand I forget wht that procedure is though.

Sounds horrible considering they are not needed to begin with

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Maybe you do not have young kids, but I do.

#1894 2 years ago

Maybe you do not have young kids, but I do.

Sorry

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I don't mind spending $13 to help protect a $8500 game, cheap insurance, as I see other HUO pins with wear around the buttons, decals or not.....and even if they do yellow some in a few years I'll spend another $13 bucks to replace them, besides they are on a real dark bluish black, so even if they yellow a bit it won't be noticeable.

#1896 2 years ago

Couple of photos of the button protectors installed, they go on without any adhesive, held in place by the button which has to be temporarily removed to put the protectors in place.

IMG_4592 (resized).JPG

IMG_4593 (resized).JPG

#1897 2 years ago

I ordered them, thanks for the head's up! I have a question: Thought my MMR was starting to act differently during gameplay. I get a lit insert right from the start of a game, for all of the madness type shots. There is an insert lit for catapault, joust, peasant and damsel right away. I never noticed that before, so say the first time I ramp the damsel, 2 inserts are lit instead of just the first one. Also, I thought my replay was set at 20,000,000 but now its 19,000,000. I found a setting for it in the green menu or I guess its just a diagnostic screen telling me how many times I have reached a replay score. (only 10% of the time). Did not see a way to change the replay score setting though. Any insight would be appreciated...

#1898 2 years ago

I ordered them, thanks for the head's up! I have a question: Thought my MMR was starting to act differently during gameplay. I get a lit insert right from the start of a game, for all of the madness type shots. There is an insert lit for catapault, joust, peasant and damsel right away. I never noticed that before, so say the first time I ramp the damsel, 2 inserts are lit instead of just the first one. Also, I thought my replay was set at 20,000,000 but now its 19,000,000. I found a setting for it in the green menu or I guess its just a diagnostic screen telling me how many times I have reached a replay score. (only 10% of the time). Did not see a way to change the replay score setting though. Any insight would be appreciated...

For the lit starting inserts, It may be (if you didn't change it) that the test/utilities menu presets were changed to "easy" or"extra easy"
Or "novelty" setting was turned on.

And the replay can be changed in the test/standard adjustments and features menu.

Your manual will tell you where everything and what everything does in the menu.
Play around with it until you get the game setting that make it the most enjoyable.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

For the lit starting inserts, It may be (if you didn't change it) that the test/utilities menu presets were changed to "easy" or"extra easy"
Or "novelty" setting was turned on.
And the replay can be changed in the test/standard adjustments and features menu.
Your manual will tell you where everything and what everything does in the menu.
Play around with it until you get the game setting that make it the most enjoyable.

The thing that was odd is that the settings changed. Anyway, thanks for the head's up 'specially on the lit insert indirect setting.

#1900 2 years ago

Changed my game from 6.5 to 7 degrees tonight, and seems to be making a difference. Less bounce and more control on the ball. I still suck though haha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 4711 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside