c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 205.
#1801 6 years ago

I think purple looks the best!

medieval-madness-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light-kit (resized).jpgmedieval-madness-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light-kit (resized).jpg

#1802 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I hafta disagree. Lots of purple plastics sides and back and pops covers are purple but the color to have here is blue. And hooked to a flasher. Looks like lightning when flashed, the blue backboard and white bolts help this affect. Fantastic when the Trolls come up, the lightning display behind the castle and the 3rd lock ball sets off a lightning show to the audible thunder.

#1803 6 years ago

The lighted plexiglass lighting backboard looks awesome and is one my favorite mods on mm. It really adds to the lightshow . If i didnt have that id think a blue or cool white hooked to a flasher wld be best.

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It's $150 for just the lights, and there's a promo where you can get the UV interactive flashers for an additional $25. The lights are controlled via an app and plug into your service outlet. It's basically two strips that magnetically attach to each side. You can pick whatever hue or brightness you want. MMR is the one game I wish was a bit brighter, so I jumped in. I love that it's adjustable and you can cast a warm white tone to match the factory GI. There's a lot more info in the main pinstadium thread.

and SuperPinball

We have now upgraded our kits so that they power on and off with the machine versus the service outlet. This way you don't have to separately turn them off. This is included at no additional charge, and they are game specific adapters that easily plug into your board. Install time is like 5 minutes total, very easy to do. The app will allow you to control the colors and brightness independently from the white lights. So basically you dial in the exact color for the RGB (this gives the color desired) and then the exact brightness of the white light(this is what gives the illumination) Those two combined will give you full control of exactly how you want the playfield to look.

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

A diffuser would definitely be a plus. I am definitely a bit concerned regarding individual leds reflecting in the habitrails. My hope is with things not cranked too high it will be minimal. There is an awning so they are not in the players face. +1 for diffuser request however!

Originally I was concerned about that also, and I experimented on multiple early stage versions of the Pin Stadium kits, with and without diffusers throughout the creation process. With and without the awnings on top (the part that hides it from your eye when playing. The awnings were a must and went into the final production version without a doubt.

I found that the diffuser dulled the lighting and really didn't help much compared to the non diffused. Plus it limited the throw distance of the light and caused a darkening effect in some areas across the playfield due to the decreased illumination. When you get them you I think you will see it is a non issue the way they are designed and not distracting either. I hope this helps to clarify and good question too. I should put this in our FAQ's section also.

#1807 6 years ago

bigd1979 Wow that looks stunning

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

bigd1979 Wow that looks stunning

It really is a neat upgrade ......

#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree I did purple as well but mine are run by a relay and so they turn off to let the other effects work, lighting call outs etc.

#1810 6 years ago

those "lightning" effects tied to pops work well on other games like IM and MET. I haven't tried it on my MMR yet.
My current backboard version is hooked to GI because it is too dark back there and it brightens up the game and allows you to see the detail. Purple backboard with blue flasher I'd imagine would look the best.

Quoted from chrisnack:

I agree I did purple as well but mine are run by a relay and so they turn off to let the other effects work, lighting call outs etc.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I hafta disagree. Lots of purple plastics sides and back and pops covers are purple but the color to have here is blue. And hooked to a flasher. Looks like lightning when flashed, the blue backboard and white bolts help this affect. Fantastic when the Trolls come up, the lightning display behind the castle and the 3rd lock ball sets off a lightning show to the audible thunder.

#1811 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

How is this done?

#1812 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How is this done?

Its a new backboard with a special lightstrip that ties into a flasher. Very neat and effective. I believe a person in Germany sells them for a much better price than pinball decals....

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Originally I was concerned about that also, and I experimented on multiple early stage versions of the Pin Stadium kits, with and without diffusers throughout the creation process. With and without the awnings on top (the part that hides it from your eye when playing. The awnings were a must and went into the final production version without a doubt.
I found that the diffuser dulled the lighting and really didn't help much compared to the non diffused. Plus it limited the throw distance of the light and caused a darkening effect in some areas across the playfield due to the decreased illumination. When you get them you I think you will see it is a non issue the way they are designed and not distracting either. I hope this helps to clarify and good question too. I should put this in our FAQ's section also.

I see you tested the issue, but playfield, side board and plastic reflections of the individual LED patterns aren't eliminated by an awning. Just a point, that's all, that I saw when installing some custom lighting myself. I don't have your product, but I am sure that you've addressed the issue as much as possible.

#1814 6 years ago

I'm having an issue where 50% of the time when I turn the game on the DMD is dead. It has power and shows "input" on the screen but no display otherwise. I've reseated connections and usually a restart will turn it on.

#1815 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I'm having an issue where 50% of the time when I turn the game on the DMD is dead. It has power and shows "input" on the screen but no display otherwise. I've reseated connections and usually a restart will turn it on.

You could check for a ground cable loose and also re-seat the ROM chip for the video. Just a guess though.

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Maybe eliminate the led strip and use light tape?

http://www.lighttape.com/

Lots of glow and no led reflection. Plus you can hide it in C channel so no side leakage.

Also maybe Cobb LED films are super bright and can be cut to fit.

#1817 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe eliminate the led strip and use light tape?
http://www.lighttape.com/
Lots of glow and no led reflection. Plus you can hide it in C channel so no side leakage.
Also maybe Cobb LED films are super bright and can be cut to fit.

That's interesting, seems like it would be really good for some fixed color installations With tape lighting you would be limited to single color and still would experience the diffused side effects I mentioned regarding the quality of light (dull/loss of brightness and less casting throw). A C channel shape actually causes shadows lines on the playfield unfortunately, that was part of my experimentation too. I could see this being tape being handy in highlighting certain features of the game though, like the castle in MMR for example or up behind under the backbox area. I like the product and could see it being used in my house especially. Thanks for sending that.

#1818 6 years ago

Quick question... Let's say I complete ramps for Peasant and Damsal, and then start the multiball, am I able to get another multiball from Joust, Catapult, or Trolls? Or do I have to complete them all to get the full Multiball Madness? I'm trying to figure out ways to get more multi balls and knockout more castles.

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... Let's say I complete ramps for Peasant and Damsal, and then start the multiball, am I able to get another multiball from Joust, Catapult, or Trolls? Or do I have to complete them all to get the full Multiball Madness? I'm trying to figure out ways to get more multi balls and knockout more castles.

No, once you start multiball and it ends you don't get another one until you complete the others and do royal madness. After that you can start another one by finishing the ramps, joust etc... the other ones are castle multi balland barnyard multiball

#1820 6 years ago

To get the full multiball madness you have to complete them all before starting it

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

No, once you start multiball and it ends you don't get another one until you complete the others and do royal madness. After that you can start another one by finishing the ramps, joust etc... the other ones are castle multi balland barnyard multiball

Yea, that's what I figured. I usually stack 3-5 madnesses, and then light up the multiball. I had 3 extra balls last night, and crapped the bed shooting at castles. My game drains hard on shots to the gate. I don't recall this many SDTM when I first brought the game home though!

#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yea, that's what I figured. I usually stack 3-5 madnesses, and then light up the multiball. I had 3 extra balls last night, and crapped the bed shooting at castles. My game drains hard on shots to the gate. I don't recall this many SDTM when I first brought the game home though!

The only exception is Troll Madness. If trolls are lit, once you start multiball, destroy the trolls and you add Troll Madness and get an additional ball save. It may kick out another ball as well. For example, it you had a single two-ball multiball madness, it'll add a third ball.

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

The only exception is Troll Madness. If trolls are lit, once you start multiball, destroy the trolls and you add Troll Madness and get an additional ball save. It may kick out another ball as well. For example, it you had a single two-ball multiball madness, it'll add a third ball.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. Definitely feels good to get the Trolls after draining a ball in your multiball.

It's weird, I'm finding it harder to hit castles lately. I had moved the machine, and leveled it perfectly to 6.5. Previously, when I first took it out of the box, we had it set up at like 8 degrees, and I swear I remember hitting castles and not really getting a lot of SDTM.

#1824 6 years ago

Close to 300 games in, I finally lit all Madness inserts in the same game. Can't say I purposely tried doing that until lately but seems like I need to step my game up going forward if I ever want to get to BFTK. One interesting thing that happened in a prior game tonite was Merlin granted me Damsel Madness. Never saw that before but this particular game I earned them all.

#1825 6 years ago

Close to 300 games in, I finally lit all Madness inserts in the same game. Can't say I purposely tried doing that until lately but seems like I need to step my game up going forward if I ever want to get to BFTK. One interesting thing that happened in a prior game tonite was Merlin granted me Damsel Madness. Never saw that before but this particular game I earned them all.

As in blue lights (Master of...) or the actual Madnesses that take you to Royale Madness?

Getting to either of them is a blast, so congrats!

#1826 6 years ago

if anyone is interested in MY coat of arms grills

check this post

IMG_7175 (resized).jpgIMG_7175 (resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-coat-of-arms-speskergrill

#1827 6 years ago

Well I'm finally in.
Bought this home yesterday. Plays soooo much better than my fully restored original. Moat switch was not working. The screws were in the bottom of cabinet. Easy fix.

IMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPG

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

As in blue lights (Master of...) or the actual Madnesses that take you to Royale Madness?
Getting to either of them is a blast, so congrats!

All Royals, only Master of Trolls also lit. Gotta ways to go...

#1829 6 years ago

All Royals, only Master of Trolls also lit. Gotta ways to go...

Well that's arguably the hardest one to get, next to Castle Crusher Unless you get Smack-A-Troll...

#1830 6 years ago

And once you start lining up the "master" modes make sure you give it a go for Barnyard Multiball... crazy fun mode and love how it changes the whole mood with the music and such.

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And once you start lining up the "master" modes make sure you give it a go for Barnyard Multiball... crazy fun mode and love how it changes the whole mood with the music and such.

The first time I got Barnyard Multiball it caught me off guard. I didn't do very good as I was laughing too much. What a great game.

#1832 6 years ago

How do you get to BY mb?

#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you get to BY mb?

You need to catapult each different item.
After you collect them all, you need to get it in the catapult to start the Barnyard Multiball.

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

After you collect them all, you need to get it in the catapult to start the Barnyard Multiball.

Super difficult shot.... most i ever had was 3 .

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Wow. Never knew about this mode!

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wow. Never knew about this mode!

I things you learn on Pinside. I saw it here first on some post.

#1837 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I know I could find this answer in the MM rules digital booklet but what else is the object selection in the catapult used for? Are we supposed to get the cow for a bonus or multiplier or is it just random?

#1838 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Super difficult shot.... most i ever had was 3 .

The easiest way to get to BY multiball is to practice, practice, practice shooting the catapult from the tip of the right flipper. If you do it right, it will hit the standup target in the rear of the catapult area and this will give you a 2nd catapult hit. So you get 2 catapult hits... one for the standup target and one for landing in the actual catapult. I say "easiest", but this is a relative term, because that's a difficult shot to hit consistently... but you'll get better at if if you practice, practice, practice. Did I say practice enough? Otherwise, you're just relying on random bounces from the middle of the playfield and it takes forever to get all catapult objects launched that way.

#1839 6 years ago

If you launch 3 cows and complete the lanes the set number of times for video mode you get Save the calves instead of save the children. BY multiball is a riot!

#1840 6 years ago

Never seen the video mode either, two things I learned in one day...my brain is fried.

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Never seen the video mode either, two things I learned in one day...my brain is fried.

One cool thing that I learned about the video mode....you can use troll bombs if you have them.
So if the crows are about to steal the children, hit them with a troll bomb. All the crows on the screen at that time are killed.
Gives you a better chance to get the video mode extra ball.

#1842 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I'm finally in.
Bought this home yesterday. Plays soooo much better than my fully restored original.

Don't tell any other original MM owners that.
It will start a pinside riot. And they will try to give you a hundred excuses why you're wrong. But yup you're right.

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

One cool thing that I learned about the video mode....you can use troll bombs if you have them.
So if the crows are about to steal the children, hit them with a troll bomb. All the crows on the screen at that time are killed.
Gives you a better chance to get the video mode extra ball.

Any time during video mode you can hit the plunger button and it will clear the screen of birds. You only get one though. Regardless of troll bombs.

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Don't tell any other original MM owners that.
It will start a pinside riot. And they will try to give you a hundred excuses why you're wrong. But yup you're right.

Its all preference.......

#1845 6 years ago

I was working on my second castle, usually get the Extra Ball lit after completing 2 castles, but had a consecutive left\right\left ramp combo and then extra ball got lit. Any insight on this or am I imagining it?

#1846 6 years ago

The original or remake stuff has always been nonsense to me.
I respect collector aspect, but don't see the need to crap on anyone else's joy.
Like most in the hobby who enjoy the title, I've waited years to own one.
MMR is finally on it's way.

#1847 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well that's arguably the hardest one to get, next to Castle Crusher Unless you get Smack-A-Troll...

Unless Merlin hands you a Light Trolls or Start Trolls and you have some Madnesses lined up. Then you have a good chance of taking down the 10 trolls and possibly shooting some castles.

I've had everything Mastered a couple of times, bit I'm always 1-2 castles away from BFTK.

Shooting for castles on my game is suicide. Do you guys find this is how it is on yours?

#1848 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unless Merlin hands you a Light Trolls or Start Trolls and you have some Madnesses lined up. Then you have a good chance of taking down the 10 trolls and possibly shooting some castles.
I've had everything Mastered a couple of times, bit I'm always 1-2 castles away from BFTK.
Shooting for castles on my game is suicide. Do you guys find this is how it is on yours?

Yeah I lot of the times it comes back straight down the middle. It's basically how the pin is designed (risk vs reward) But I started nudging more. Or slapping the side of the cabinet right after it hits the castle gate and it's a bit more manageable.

#1849 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Yeah I lot of the times it comes back straight down the middle. It's basically how the pin is designed (risk vs reward) But I started nudging more. Or slapping the side of the cabinet right after it hits the castle gate and it's a bit more manageable.

If you had friends over and they were slapping the cabinets you'd say nothing? Especially with the Stern cabinet issues?

#1850 6 years ago

If you had friends over and they were slapping the cabinets you'd say nothing? Especially with the Stern cabinet issues?

Why would you say anything? They're designed for that. Shake the sh!t out of them!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.