Topic Stats

• 4,734 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 250 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 95.
#1751 2 years ago

Another time/date related question, but a different one:

I set the date and time in the normal WPC menu, however when I turn the machine off over night and turn the machine back on the next day the machine has not kept time, i.e. the machine still shows the time as it was when I turned it off the night before and did not keep track of time elapsed while it was turned off.

Shouldn't the beaglebone keep the WPC time up to date???

#1752 2 years ago

Lloyd, do you know if the 2.0.2 update correct the color bugs like when I do Ball lock, it freeze the screen with the castle on background until I do something else.

Its like the return for regular dots at the end of some animations...

Otherwise, I should probably do the update right ? I'm 2.0.1 right now.

Thanks

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Lloyd, do you know if the 2.0.2 update correct the color bugs like when I do Ball lock, it freeze the screen with the castle on background until I do something else.
Its like the return for regular dots at the end of some animations...
Otherwise, I should probably do the update right ? I'm 2.0.1 right now.
Thanks

No changes other than the date and time fix.

#1754 2 years ago

So it still does some crazy glitch at moments. At least I'm not watching al the time at the DMD but my friends noticed that. Told them its normal and I have to live with that.

#1755 2 years ago

is there a statement if CGC will do a update to fix the color glitches?

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

is there a statement if CGC will do a update to fix the color glitches?

Not that I heard of but they could certainly correct some of the frames that are doubles with the original dots. You can see those pretty much on every games.

kapsreiter, can't wait to get your stuff my the mail, will surely looks fabulous.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Another time/date related question, but a different one:
I set the date and time in the normal WPC menu, however when I turn the machine off over night and turn the machine back on the next day the machine has not kept time, i.e. the machine still shows the time as it was when I turned it off the night before and did not keep track of time elapsed while it was turned off.
Shouldn't the beaglebone keep the WPC time up to date???

It should, there's a battery on the board and it may be bad. Try to change it first

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Strategy question. First, do you go for the skill shot? If so, what is your approach to hit a loop to get the hurry up? Do you try to time your shot as it comes racing around or do you try to catch/control the ball first? If you try to control it, what is your approach? Seems like the best strategy is skill shot, control the ball then go for a ramp but it comes around so fast I can't come up with an effective method to control the ball.

I can't catch the ball on the right flipper coming out of the jets, so I usually just let it bounces off the right, over to the left, then back to the right for a cradle. From there, I'll go for Peasant and Damsal, then slow it down, work on Joust, and hope to get some lucky bounces over to Catapult. Hope to light up all four and then hit Merlyn for Trolls. I just need to get better at using the Multiball to take out castles. Got to Royal Madness twice in one game last night, and squandered both

Question for you guys... Is it extremely difficult to aim and hit Catapult?

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can't catch the ball on the right flipper coming out of the jets, so I usually just let it bounces off the right, over to the left, then back to the right for a cradle. From there, I'll go for Peasant and Damsal, then slow it down, work on Joust, and hope to get some lucky bounces over to Catapult. Hope to light up all four and then hit Merlyn for Trolls. I just need to get better at using the Multiball to take out castles. Got to Royal Madness twice in one game last night, and squandered both
Question for you guys... Is it extremely difficult to aim and hit Catapult?

Catapult is the toughest and most dangerous shot in the game. Worth shooting for direct though since the target in there gives you a free catapult hit, essentially giving you two hits for one. It's just a tight, TIGHT shot.

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Catapult is the toughest and most dangerous shot in the game. Worth shooting for direct though since the target in there gives you a free catapult hit, essentially giving you two hits for one. It's just a tight, TIGHT shot.

I can hit it direct for two shots by cradling on the right flipper, letting it roll down, and shooting at almost the very edge of the flipper. It's a shot I rarely make, but often regret

#1761 2 years ago

I was cleaning my pf with Novus last night and noticed some white hazy trails on the inlane down to the flippers. It's obviously from the ball traveling, but is there any way to clean it up? I've only had the game 3 months, and can't imagine what it might look like in a couple of years.

And the mylar are the trolls seems to be coming up a bit. It's at the point in the middle of the trolls at the bottom, where one edge is slightly overlapping the other.

Any help would be appreciated

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was cleaning my pf with Novus last night and noticed some white hazy trails on the inlane down to the flippers. It's obviously from the ball traveling, but is there any way to clean it up? I've only had the game 3 months, and can't imagine what it might look like in a couple of years.
And the mylar are the trolls seems to be coming up a bit. It's at the point in the middle of the trolls at the bottom, where one edge is slightly overlapping the other.
Any help would be appreciated

I would not being using Novus on the playfield, even #1 is still a bit abrasive. That's just my opinion though. I would clean with microfiber cloth and use good old fashioned carnauba wax.

#1763 2 years ago

NEW! Medieval Madness (MMr or Original) Custom barrel spot lights and Flickering Torch sling shots Mod Complete kit! Light the torches and kill some trolls! Each barrel is individually Hand painted to extreme detail, (no 2 are the same!) accented and wrapped with aged rope for authenticity, and highlighted with a precision machined archers arrow also painted to perfection down to the Mini game specific toasted (actually painted) marshmallow! Very cool! And the finishing touch, mini labels so the "Chateaux De Troll" doesn't get mixed with the "Ye Olde Brewery". (Those trolls do like Chateaux!) Special note, notice each barrel is lined with a clear cut acrylic sleeve for a Unique halo effect and additional protection for the wood barrel. Really a nice glow especially with colored lamps!! Spot lamps are complete with standoff and all mounting hardware, truly plug and play. But wait, theres MORE!! To complete the lower playfield effect the kit also includes a flickering torch accent to let those sling torch images flicker as if they were really on fire! (No real fire needed!) Note the Only item not included are the bulbs as Everyone has a specific taste in lighting. As displayed I used Comet Optix Maximus 555 in Purple. (again, my taste going for a Prince look with Purple Rain? lol Available NOW from the Mod Couple Pinside Store, Order now!!! Check out the video to see the very unique and total presentation of both the flickering torches And not only the look but the wonderful illumination of the barrel lamps! Kit includes 1 Set of MM Barrel lamps, 1 Set of torch lamps, and All hardware! Ask any questions and Thank you for viewing our products and store!!! Keep Flipping!

Link to our Pinside Store now open!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/00819-medieval-madness-new-barrel-lights-and-flickering-torch-kit

IMG_7802 (resized).jpg

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I would not being using Novus on the playfield, even #1 is still a bit abrasive. That's just my opinion though. I would clean with microfiber cloth and use good old fashioned carnauba wax.

Novus 1 has no abrasives. It's meant for quick cleaning of soft plastic clear motorcycle helmets that scratch easily.

It's ok for quick wipedowns and light cleaning between waxing. It won't do much about cleaning up ball trails obviously.

Careful use of Novus 2 can shine up ball return lanes but by it's very nature it has to cut into the CC to remove the trails so not going nuts with it is important.

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NEW! Medieval Madness (MMr or Original) Custom barrel spot lights

So these are re-purposed Hobbit barrel spots?

#1766 2 years ago

I wonder if PPS/CGC will do an SE MMr with the new wide display?

#1767 2 years ago

No they are my own variation and creation with a considerable amount of detail specific to Medieval Madness. They look much more in tune with the theme over a traditional reflector lamp in my opinion. Plus the flaming slings and arrow with marshmallow really keep with the funny theme of this game. Thanks for looking.

Quoted from Manic:

So these are re-purposed Hobbit barrel spots?

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I can't catch the ball on the right flipper coming out of the jets, so I usually just let it bounces off the right, over to the left, then back to the right for a cradle.

Yeah, if I don't go for the skill shot, I am able to control the ball coming out of the jets. I'm referring to the skill shot where you hold down a flipper button while hitting ball launch and the ball comes flying across the top at 100 MPH to the left flipper.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Novus 1 has no abrasives. It's meant for quick cleaning of soft plastic clear motorcycle helmets that scratch easily.
It's ok for quick wipedowns and light cleaning between waxing. It won't do much about cleaning up ball trails obviously.
Careful use of Novus 2 can shine up ball return lanes but by it's very nature it has to cut into the CC to remove the trails so not going nuts with it is important.

So a little Novus 2 will clean up the trails?

I have Mill Wax from a local Pinball shop. Is that a good one to use after to wax the pf?

Also, I was under the impression that new games did not need to be waxed for a while? I got mine in January, so it's only a few months old with about 500 games played.

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was cleaning my pf with Novus last night and noticed some white hazy trails on the inlane down to the flippers. It's obviously from the ball traveling, but is there any way to clean it up? I've only had the game 3 months, and can't imagine what it might look like in a couple of years.Any help would be appreciated

I found that Novus 2 (white red bottle usually eliminates) then a coat of blitz wax right after. Then, cut and put down some static cling vinyl in the in and out lanes. Ball marks will be thing of the past and its completely temporary and comes right up.

amazon.com link »

Here's the link^

IMG_2006 (resized).JPG

IMG_2009 (resized).JPG

IMG_2007 (resized).JPG

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have Mill Wax from a local Pinball shop. Is that a good one to use after to wax the pf?
Also, I was under the impression that new games did not need to be waxed for a while? I got mine in January, so it's only a few months old with about 500 games played.

Ball tracks come out pretty easy with a little novus 2.
Thin coats of pure canauba wax like Blitz or P21S (silver can) will protect the finish.

The idea is to wear out the wax surface before you wear the clearcoat.

Wax every 500 plays or sooner (maybe 350 plays to keep it like new).

Change balls out or inspect each time you wax (use a jewelers loupe to see all the imperfections).

Clean the flipper coil stops and sleeves of any black dust periodically this is where the black comes from mostly.

Done correctly and using pure carnauba, not any of the liquid type, the wax is as hard as rock.
Super thin coats of wax is the key. Contrary to belief, wax doesn't build up as each waxing tends to remove the prior coat.

Let it dry completely before buffing off.

In my opinion P21S it the easiest to use and has very little wax dust remnant compared to all of the other brands.

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I put just a dab of novus 2 on a micro fiber towel and go in a circular motion until ball marks are removed then apply wax. I would not use Mill Wax, I believe that has some cleaners/chemicals that are not good for the play field(also messy). I like to wax before I ever play a ball to give a nice protective coat and then every 300 games or so thereafter. Like others have said, inspect and change those Pinballs regularly and also replace factory ones with oh so shiny or silver jets. Having a nicked up ball spinning on the playfield is never a good thing for the clear coat. I inspect/change ever couple hundreds games or so. Just my 2 cents

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mill Wax was considered in the old days "the Ops best friend" because it's abrasive AND leaves a little wax behind. So the hurried Op could hit the PF once to clean and wax.

But for home it really doesn't do either very well and has such caustic chemicals the plastic bottle itself becomes brittle in a couple years and will crack and make a hell of a mess.

Like others have said - a little Novus 2 on the trails and then a couple coats of wax. After 500 plays it's ready for it.

#1774 2 years ago

MMR Shooter lane switch: should the metal piece the ball trips once it come into the shooter lane be vertical or at an angle sideways to the right? Mine is at an angle, which I've never seen done before, but all of my past pins had manual plungers.....

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

MMR Shooter lane switch: should the metal piece the ball trips once it come into the shooter lane be vertical or at an angle sideways to the right? Mine is at an angle, which I've never seen done before, but all of my past pins had manual plungers.....

The switch wire is supposed to be vertical.
Maybe your PF has shifted to one side a little.

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The switch wire is supposed to be vertical.
Maybe your PF has shifted to one side a little.

That's what I thought, but wanted to double check. Mine is at an angle of about 45 degrees wrt the playfield instead of 90 degrees....thanks!

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mine is at an angle of about 45 degrees

It got bent, or if up a little too high the auto launch plunger hit it. If up a little, balls coming up to the shooter lane can nail it too.

LTG : )

#1778 2 years ago

Hi!

Merlin hole to powerful

Sometimes the ball hits the right ramp and jumps back in the hole
looks like the kickoff has to much power and may be not good for the plastic ramp

any ideas how to adjust this case?

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Hi!
Merlin hole to powerful
looks like the kickoff has to much power and may be not good for the plastic ramp

There's a general solenoid power setting in the CGC menu, but nothing specific to the Merlin hole. Catapault has a dedicated setting though maybe trough and ball eject to shooter lane as well, not sure about that, or if its in the general solenoid setting as well.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Hi!
Merlin hole to powerful

Maybe the coil bracket needs to be adjusted to eject at a lower angle. Check that its secure, and consider adding a washer or two under the bracket to change the kickout angle.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Maybe the coil bracket needs to be adjusted to eject at a lower angle. Check that its secure, and consider adding a washer or two under the bracket to change the kickout angle.

hmm may be at the right side under the pf

to get a lower angle to the right ?!?

#1782 2 years ago

If anyone near Ohio is interested in trading their MMr for an original MM, please let me know.

#1783 2 years ago

Sorry, if I sound stupid but I am new to the hobby. MMR is my first and only machine I own. (And may be the only game I ever own due to the pricing and size of these machines) I am 99% sure my game is an LE. It was donated to me so I do not know who distributed the game. It has the color DMD, the black interior paint, and the trims. However, I have no idea where the plaque is. Could someone please tell me where to find the plaque? I have looked around the machine. Is it possible that my game may not have come with a plaque?

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Sorry, if I sound stupid but I am new to the hobby. MMR is my first and only machine I own. (And may be the only game I ever own due to the pricing and size of these machines) I am 99% sure my game is an LE. It was donated to me so I do not know who distributed the game. It has the color DMD, the black interior paint, and the trims. However, I have no idea where the plaque is. Could someone please tell me where to find the plaque? I have looked around the machine. Is it possible that my game may not have come with a plaque?

The plaque is on the playfield apron between the scorecards, just above the lockbar

#1785 2 years ago

aukraut Thank you for responding. I will take a look for it when I get the chance.

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If anyone near Ohio is interested in trading their MMr for an original MM, please let me know.

Why would anyone want to do that?

I chose MMr for the updated electronics and being a new game.

Although value wise if the original is in good shape that would work out in favor of the MMr user. Original in good shape collect a hefty price.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Sorry, if I sound stupid but I am new to the hobby. MMR is my first and only machine I own. (And may be the only game I ever own due to the pricing and size of these machines) I am 99% sure my game is an LE.

Someone could have swapped the trim potentially, the plaque is the only real indictator for a LE I think.

As for the hobby/pricing. Some games demand a lot of money but others don't. There are good machines to be had at all price ranges. Don't think you have to spend $8k every time to get a good game.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Someone could have swapped the trim potentially, the plaque is the only real indictator for a LE I think.
As for the hobby/pricing. Some games demand a lot of money but others don't. There are good machines to be had at all price ranges. Don't think you have to spend $8k every time to get a good game.

Serial number would be the correct indicator whether it's an LE or not, not necessarily just a plaque..

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Serial number would be the correct indicator whether it's an LE or not, not necessarily just a plaque..

Very true. My bad.

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Why would anyone want to do that?
I chose MMr for the updated electronics and being a new game.
Although value wise if the original is in good shape that would work out in favor of the MMr user. Original in good shape collect a hefty price.

I understand, just throwing it out there. Some people are purists and want the original so I'm just asking

#1791 2 years ago

chrisnack kozmckpinball I am now actually 99.9% sure that my machine is the standard edition. After inspecting it yesterday, I discovered it did not have the plaque or the shaker motor. The trimmings and legs of the machine being silver are another piece of evidence. The reason I thought my machine was an LE was because it had the color graphics upgrade. I heard that you can purchase the colors upgrade separately and install it into the standard edition. Anyways, I don't care which version of the game it is. I am happy with what I got and that's all that matters.

#1792 2 years ago

You didn't lose anything. Shaker can be purchased separately as well. I'd recommend it as it adds a lot to the game.

#1793 2 years ago

Several MMR owners asked me to post this up on the Pin Stadium Lights thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/5#post-3770941

But I figured I would get this to you guys here since it is specific to the game. I just filmed my MMRLE raw with one hand earlier this morning, so excuse any extra movements by the camera man Specifically this demonstrates the Pin Stadium kits with the UV+Glow add on feature which is triggered by the castle flashers.

#1794 2 years ago

Interesting, looks neat, but wonder if it's too much light, might be at least for me!

#1795 2 years ago

Every stadium needs some cheerleaders.

#1796 2 years ago

Every stadium needs some cheerleaders.

LOL

#1797 2 years ago

I think it looks cool, is it difficult to install and whats the price?

#1798 2 years ago

It's $150 for just the lights, and there's a promo where you can get the UV interactive flashers for an additional $25. The lights are controlled via an app and plug into your service outlet. It's basically two strips that magnetically attach to each side. You can pick whatever hue or brightness you want. MMR is the one game I wish was a bit brighter, so I jumped in. I love that it's adjustable and you can cast a warm white tone to match the factory GI. There's a lot more info in the main pinstadium thread.

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It's $150 for just the lights, and there's a promo where you can get the UV interactive flashers for an additional $25. The lights are controlled via an app and plug into your service outlet. It's basically two strips that magnetically attach to each side. You can pick whatever hue or brightness you want. MMR is the one game I wish was a bit brighter, so I jumped in. I love that it's adjustable and you can cast a warm white tone to match the factory GI. There's a lot more info in the main pinstadium thread.

I agree that the backboard on MM\MMR is too dark out of the box, that's a good location mod. I wonder if this stadium one was considered with a diffuser? Individual LED light reflections are kind of annoying for any product like this.

#1800 2 years ago

I agree that the backboard on MM\MMR is too dark out of the box, that's a good location mod. I wonder if this stadium one was considered with a diffuser? Individual LED light reflections are kind of annoying for any product like this.

A diffuser would definitely be a plus. I am definitely a bit concerned regarding individual leds reflecting in the habitrails. My hope is with things not cranked too high it will be minimal. There is an awning so they are not in the players face. +1 for diffuser request however!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
There are 4734 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside