Topic Stats

• 4,654 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 248 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 582 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg
20191114_194931.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4654 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 94.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Assuming everything goes smoothly, you are still looking at 2 years away from that.

That's totally fine by me. To own that game, brand new with new tech, and pay less than it's going for on the market today, is well worth the wait

#1702 2 years ago

Ran into an issue. I was trying to tie a backboard led strip to the right castle flasher behind the backboard. I tested it by just placing the wires on by the solder pads by hand and it worked fine.

I then turned the game off, soldered the led strip wires directly to the flasher solder pads. I turned the game on, tested it and both right castle flashers turned really dim and the led strip didn't light.

I then desoldered the led strip off and both flashers still flash dimly. Any ideas where to start?

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Any ideas where to start?

You probably hurt how they are powered. The LED strip may have been too much of a strain on things.

LTG : )

#1704 2 years ago

The led strip is not too much for the system unless it is 4m long. Did you solder it on backwards? I hope you didn't damage anything... if you need something plug and play to do that, let me know I can build it.

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You probably hurt how they are powered. The LED strip may have been too much of a strain on things.

The strip was 1 meter so I'm sure I hurt something. Anyway I can diagnose what it is or if there is a board to replace? I hope it's not the big one but if so, I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

The led strip is not too much for the system unless it is 4m long. Did you solder it on backwards? I hope you didn't damage anything... if you need something plug and play to do that, let me know I can build it.
ยป YouTube video

Nice offer, thanks. I saw your MMr kit and was tempted. I decided to tie to a flasher instead of always on...although regretting the decision now.

As I'm getting little power now, maybe I can just change the flasher to a normal led to brighten it up (only halfway joking).

#1707 2 years ago

Finally filled in that space

20170502_185755 (resized).jpg

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Finally filled in that space

Looks sharp. Where'd you pick that up?

#1709 2 years ago

So I was in Royal Madness mode and I thought I noticed hitting the catapult and having Catapult Ace light up. Do shots during this mode count towards the middle ladder objective(Joust Champion, Catapult Ace, etc). Also, wondering if shots during castle multiball or madness multiball count towards this objective as well. I thought the goal was just to hit jack pots or castle in the multiball modes.

#1710 2 years ago

Hi

Do You have 1 or 2 keyxs for the backbox

at my new MMR i have just 1 inside of the coindoor

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

hi, every once and a while lately, when i power up my game, the draw bridge starts going crazy till i shut off the game and restart it, but then once its cycled it self and is ready to play the ball launch won't work, and i have to replace the 6.3 amp fuse in the lower power box, to make things function properly again then its fine till whenever, has anyone else had this issue?
thanks shawn

Yes I have had this 3 times now, very odd.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

hi, every once and a while lately, when i power up my game, the draw bridge starts going crazy till i shut off the game and restart it, but then once its cycled it self and is ready to play the ball launch won't work, and i have to replace the 6.3 amp fuse in the lower power box, to make things function properly again then its fine till whenever, has anyone else had this issue?

I've had it happen once. My game is on location. Came in one day and it was doing this. That was maybe two weeks ago. Hasn't done it again.

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Hi
Do You have 1 or 2 keyxs for the backbox
at my new MMR i have just 1 inside of the coindoor

I have one.

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

thanks shawn

sounds like exact like my problem

do you use the color chip?

#1715 2 years ago

this is the original MMR Lockbar

now polished

IMG_7523 (resized).jpg

and a nice mod

IMG_7524 (resized).jpg

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

So I was in Royal Madness mode and I thought I noticed hitting the catapult and having Catapult Ace light up. Do shots during this mode count towards the middle ladder objective(Joust Champion, Catapult Ace, etc). Also, wondering if shots during castle multiball or madness multiball count towards this objective as well. I thought the goal was just to hit jack pots or castle in the multiball modes.

I believe each unique shot adds one to the total of "successes" needed to light the blue lamp. For instance, your first shot up the damsel ramp during royal madness will add one damsel to the tally (three to light the blue defender of damsels light). But shooting it twice doesn't add any more (max one per shot type, I believe).

#1717 2 years ago

Just put custom apron in matching side art .

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#1718 2 years ago

Ran into an issue. I was trying to tie a backboard led strip to the right castle flasher behind the backboard. I tested it by just placing the wires on by the solder pads by hand and it worked fine.
I then turned the game off, soldered the led strip wires directly to the flasher solder pads. I turned the game on, tested it and both right castle flashers turned really dim and the led strip didn't light.
I then desoldered the led strip off and both flashers still flash dimly. Any ideas where to start?

Kudos to Rock914 for the guidance and help. I put in a ticket with Chicago Gaming and they were super helpful! I need to replace the Q33A FET.

#1719 2 years ago

Kudos to Rock914 for the guidance and help. I put in a ticket with Chicago Gaming and they were super helpful! I need to replace the Q33A FET.

Quick question. So an LED strip cannot be tied to the flasher without issues? Is that what CGC said? Will it blow the transistor every time? Interested in this mod...

#1720 2 years ago

I think it drohendste hier Long it Is

A Second LED flasher Couleur be installed without a Problem

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I think it drohendste hier Long it Is
A Second LED flasher Couleur be installed without a Problem

Not sure what your comment is telling me. It should be possible to put in a short LED strip tied to the flasher without blowing something like the transistor mentioned?

#1722 2 years ago

sorry that was the correction on a german phone

i mean it should be no problem to ad a second flasher to an existing one

but when you connect a strip to 1 flasher may be the circuit is not dimensioned for this

#1723 2 years ago

It is possible. You won't blow anything unless you don't install it correctly. If you don't install it correctly, at a minimum, you will blow a fuse, but potentially the transistor or worse.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure what your comment is telling me. It should be possible to put in a short LED strip tied to the flasher without blowing something like the transistor mentioned?

#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is possible. You won't blow anything unless you don't install it correctly. If you don't install it correctly, at a minimum, you will blow a fuse, but potentially the transistor or worse.

Meaning in this case either the LED strip was too long or leads reversed?

#1725 2 years ago

Meaning in this case either the LED strip was too long or leads reversed?

i doubt it was too long, likely reversed or touching something it shouldn't have.

#1726 2 years ago

My Undercab kit for this machine uses 8 feet of leds so it can handle plenty of strips. I make actual connectors to tie into flashers so no mistakes can be made. Some people have the know how but many do not.

If you want something made with a connector just ask. Yes you will pay more money having me do it vs. you but I am much cheaper and less painful than having to fix your boards.

To my knowledge I am the only one who provides a plug and play mods for MMR all others I know of use alligator clips or solder it yourself systems. I make a Moat flasher, speaker lights, backpanel mod, and my Interactive Undercab kit.

lermods may have some plug and play stuff as well I just am not that familiar with his products. I do see he has many for this machine though.

#1727 2 years ago

Thanks Rock, yes we do have a lot of mods for MM amd MMR. we tend to use alligator clips for many of our mods for simplicity, and never had any issues with this, very reliable, they don't fall off, etc. It's a good thing to want to learn about your game and try to make your own modifications, and pinside can be very helpful in this regard, but at some point you also have to realize what your own limitations are and that it may be better to purchase a mod that has been tested rather than risk blowing up your game. Spending $100 on a cool mod is better than having to replace your board and the countless hours and frustration trying to diagnose it. I am not trying to discourage anyone from digging into their games, in fact, I would encourage everyone to understand how their games work, but be sensible about it.

http://lermods.com/t/medievil-madness-pinball-mods

#1728 2 years ago

Quick question. So an LED strip cannot be tied to the flasher without issues? Is that what CGC said? Will it blow the transistor every time? Interested in this mod...

I'll post CGC's response below. I believe I soldered them on backwards. I've added flashers under the dragon wings, under the moat and under the peasant ramp with no issue at all. I usually test them by hand on the correct way to hook them up and never had an issue before. Lesson learned! I also got a cheap led strip so no reverse diodes.

"Some LEDs have 'reverse' diodes in them to protect them against reverse voltages. Could damage the little FET. While the FDC6401s are rated for 3A, they are only 700mW, so they won't hold 3A for very long... Your LED strips likely draw 20 - 30mA for each LED, so count the LEDs and add them up. Our Flasher LEDs draw about 120mA each board..."

#1729 2 years ago

I use a separate power supply and relays to power things so nothing is tied directly to the stock boards. Safer that way and I have more control.

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

My Undercab kit for this machine uses 8 feet of leds so it can handle plenty of strips. I make actual connectors to tie into flashers so no mistakes can be made. Some people have the know how but many do not.
If you want something made with a connector just ask. Yes you will pay more money having me do it vs. you but I am much cheaper and less painful than having to fix your boards.
To my knowledge I am the only one who provides a plug and play mods for MMR all others I know of use alligator clips or solder it yourself systems. I make a Moat flasher, speaker lights, backpanel mod, and my Interactive Undercab kit.
lermods may have some plug and play stuff as well I just am not that familiar with his products. I do see he has many for this machine though.

Yeah your stuff is great. I used to "roll my own" but after getting one of your kits and seeing the elegant design I somehow lost the urge to do it myself. Plus the way you'll customize it any way the customer wants at no extra charge and other benefits makes it a no brainer.

Also you're one of the few that can pull off stylin' a fedora - now THAT sold me

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Do you have your kits listed anywhere that we can check out? Interested in your moat kit.

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you have your kits listed anywhere that we can check out? Interested in your moat kit.

http://www.rockcustompinball.com/

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Most of the stuff I make is only available if you contact me. I have no real list other than some of the things on my website that LTG linked or my Pinside shop. My pinball mods are only done in my spare time so I really only list and stock the ones that move quickly such as my Interactive Undercab kits, Stern backbox kits, and my backpanel kits.

#1734 2 years ago

Anyone have green flashing lights to the front of the castle during gameplay? Emanating from the green moat I assume up the castle front. I've seen this on gameplay video but not sure if that's standard lighting or custom. When I am playing I have not noticed it on my MMR factory lighting.

#1735 2 years ago

Anyone have green flashing lights to the front of the castle during gameplay? Emanating from the green moat I assume up the castle front. I've seen this on gameplay video but not sure if that's standard lighting or custom. When I am playing I have not noticed it on my MMR factory lighting.

You have 2 moat flashers on MMR. This is not enough for me. I lite the whole moat green from underneath the PF and I can still notice the flashers firing when I hit the castle

#1736 2 years ago

First issue with mine, the right side of the playfield is scraping against the right siderail while lifting the playfield, starting to scrape off the black paint. Check the left versus right side as the playfield is in the lifted position, the left side has about 1/8" of room, the right is against the siderail. Nudging the playfield to the left works for a half a lift, until the playfield moves back against the right siderail again. Posted a ticket with CGC, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. Attached a pic showing the damage.

Also had some weird dangers/tilts without moving the machine, happening primarily in multi-ball mode, seemed to coincide with the top left skill shot lane.....and then it went away.....ahhh, the joys of tweaking and fine-tuning a new pin.....sigh....

IMG_4369 (resized).jpg

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

First issue with mine, the right side of the playfield is scraping against the right siderail while lifting the playfield, starting to scrape off the black paint. Check the left versus right side as the playfield is in the lifted position, the left side has about 1/8" of room, the right is against the siderail. Nudging the playfield to the left works for a half a lift, until the playfield moves back against the right siderail again. Posted a ticket with CGC, but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. Attached a pic showing the damage.
Also had some weird dangers/tilts without moving the machine, happening primarily in multi-ball mode, seemed to coincide with the top left skill shot lane.....and then it went away.....ahhh, the joys of tweaking and fine-tuning a new pin.....sigh....

Yeah hafta be careful sliding the playfield out and back with the razor edge side rails. Mine has enough space, barely, to carefully maneuver it without scalping the playfield sides. Others have suggested using a dremel and sandpaper too to dull the side rails. Yours is not the playfield side plywood like mine, but mounted parts above the playfield getting scraped, I do not have that issue.

#1738 2 years ago

Yup, as you describe and ask. It's pretty obvious as an observer, if that helps.

#1739 2 years ago

Yeah hafta be careful sliding the playfield out and back with the razor edge side rails. Mine has enough space, barely, to carefully maneuver it without scalping the playfield sides. Others have suggested using a dremel and sandpaper too to dull the side rails. Yours is not the playfield side plywood like mine, but mounted parts above the playfield getting scraped, I do not have that issue.

Very frustrating having scraping like this on a 1 day old machine.....I've had dozens of machines over my lifetime and this a first where the cabinet is that tight with respect to the playfield. I do hope CGC can come up with some kind of adjustment for me.......sigh.....

#1740 2 years ago

First off Very sorry in advance if this has been covered! Picked up my NIB MMr 2 weeks ago and Absolutely love it! My only very minor issue is the credit dot and error for time/date. Yes I know I can create a service ticket at Chicago Gaming and they have been Wonderful but I hate to create work orders tickets for trivial tasks I am sure I can fix myself. Plus I save my call minutes to the Amazing Lloyd for Real issues or real head scratchers like I had with Hobbit. Man that guy is Really Great! (Hence the name) Anyway, was hoping someone could share a tip on clearing this time/date reset issue so I can move on more enjoyable tasks like Playing Pinball! I'm guessing battery?? Thanks in advance for Any help!!

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

First off Very sorry in advance if this has been covered! Picked up my NIB MMr 2 weeks ago and Absolutely love it! My only very minor issue is the credit dot and error for time/date. Yes I know I can create a service ticket at Chicago Gaming and they have been Wonderful but I hate to create work orders tickets for trivial tasks I am sure I can fix myself. Plus I save my call minutes to the Amazing Lloyd for Real issues or real head scratchers like I had with Hobbit. Man that guy is Really Great! (Hence the name) Anyway, was hoping someone could share a tip on clearing this time/date reset issue so I can move on more enjoyable tasks like Playing Pinball! I'm guessing battery?? Thanks in advance for Any help!!

Doug from CGC has posted on Pinside to get the 2.0.2 version firmware on the CGC website and install it to get rid of that credit dot date time issue.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php

#1742 2 years ago

Thank you So much Koz. Just now seen the post. Appreciate the direction. Back to killing trolls!

Doug from CGC has posted on Pinside to get the 2.0.2 version firmware on the CGC website and install it to get rid of that credit dot date time issue.

#1743 2 years ago

my backboard is ready

#1744 2 years ago

Found the perfect tool to remove the sharp edges on the side rails: A Bright Boy track cleaner!

Used in the model railroading hobby to clean railroad track, I just used one to remove the sharp edge off of the side rails on my MMR. Tape off the surrounding area (side art, inside of the cabinet) and just slide the Bright Boy back and forth along the sharp edge. Removes the sharp edge right off and abrasive part matches the grain on the aluminum of the side rails.

Bright Boys can be found in most hobby shops, especially those that specialize in model trains....

s-l300 (resized).jpg

#1745 2 years ago

Or you can simply powdercoat the armor. In my case I re-powdercoated the armor on my LE with a deeper gold color and a clearcoat on top. It feels baby smooth on the hands.

armor (resized).jpg

#1746 2 years ago

is there an actual fix for the date/time credit dot?

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is there an actual fix for the date/time credit dot?

Yes. 2.0.2 firmware was released which fixes it! Is available on Chicago Gamings site.

#1749 2 years ago

Strategy question. First, do you go for the skill shot? If so, what is your approach to hit a loop to get the hurry up? Do you try to time your shot as it comes racing around or do you try to catch/control the ball first? If you try to control it, what is your approach? Seems like the best strategy is skill shot, control the ball then go for a ramp but it comes around so fast I can't come up with an effective method to control the ball.

#1750 2 years ago

I just flip as the ball is coming down. Try to hit the right orbit or ramp or hope if I miss it bounces into the catapult.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 4654 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 94.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside