image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 205.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.
I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.
Thanks

Damien... nice video!! Looks pretty much like pinball to me. Variables all over the place that are impossible to control and that's what makes pinball fun. An eject from the pops or moat will be different every time and cause fluctuations in ball speed and spin that cause different trajectories. Not saying that someones machine out there isn't more consistent than what your showing, but I can guarantee you that no two machines will be EXACTLY alike in their playing characteristics. I would suggest that what you are probably needing to do if you want consistent traps is to learn to introduce small taps when necessary to control the ball bounce a bit more. Will require different strategies every time depending on the angle, speed, spin and location on the flipper.

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.
I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.
Thanks

It is not. The right side is always a little sporadic so I cannot comment but the left side should always be about the same. It looks like... and I could be wrong... you need to adjust your ball guide and kick out. From the little I can see I would guess your ball is not riding the guide, the second attempt by where it hit the flipper I would guess it pulled off the guide well before it should have. Remember playfield pitch and side to side level plays a role in this. If you change from 6.5 to 7degree little things like this can be affected.

#1653 7 years ago

So if your game is truly level side to side I would look at 3 things. If you replaced your flipper rubber, put the original rubber back on. Have someone ( I'm at work) who's game consistently traps on the left flipper take a picture of the flipper in the raised position. Look how the flipper lines up with something on the playfield, and adjust your flipper the same. The last thing I would try is adjusting (bending) the left metal ball guide. That's all I can think of.......

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Every pin is different and can play very different this is the reason i love pinball..... who likes things that are predictable all the time? That gets boring imo

Totally agree! Just was seeming weird that so I kept seeing and hearing that balls would stop on flippers, and mine was totally not doing that.

I bumped mine up to 7 degrees, but might go back down to 6.5 and play there a while. The game just started side draining like crazy this week, and it totally wasn't like that before. I'm guessing the game plays differently as you get more wear on it.

It's my first pin, so I'm definitely learning all of this for the first time. Love it though!

#1655 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So if your game is truly level side to side I would look at 3 things. If you replaced your flipper rubber, put the original rubber back on. Have someone ( I'm at work) who's game consistently traps on the left flipper take a picture of the flipper in the raised position. Look how the flipper lines up with something on the playfield, and adjust your flipper the same. The last thing I would try is adjusting (bending) the left metal ball guide. That's all I can think of.......

Nope, rubber is factory still.

Can you possibly get a photo of yours later? Curious to see how mine lines up.

#1656 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Nope, rubber is factory still.
Can you possibly get a photo of yours later? Curious to see how mine lines up.

Sure if nobody beats me to it I'll take a pic when I get home..... Also I would reconfirm your game is staying level side to side.

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks

All looks pretty normal to me. There are adjustments that can be made by bending the metal guides at orbit starts in or out. This would place the ball further in or out when it nears the flipper area. Keep in mind, this can be a dark rabbit hole to go down and its' difficult to find the sweet spot as the trajectory will change constantly based on ball position and speed upon orbit exit. Again, yours seems fairly normal so I don't know that it would be worth the effort.

#1658 7 years ago

Just missed bftk this morning by one castle. Arrrgh.

#1659 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just missed bftk this morning by one castle. Arrrgh.

That happened to me last night too!

I completed everything except for Trolls a few times, so now I started to concentrate on that making sure to light Trolls before starting Multiball Madness. Last night I set a new Troll record (26), but failed to complete (by a LONG margin) the last castle.

#1660 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Color Rom Bugs
Some friends told me that there are a lot of Bugs in the HD
Color Rom
sometimes it changes to MONO COLOR and LOW RES
should be Buggy
and no updates

A lot? No... a few glitches here/there sure

#1661 6 years ago

One thing for sure, after I wax my game, it plays totally different. I need to get a couple dozen games on it before it "calms" down.

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

One thing for sure, after I wax my game, it plays totally different. I need to get a couple dozen games on it before it "calms" down.

I was under the impression that we did not need to wax these newer games for a while?

#1663 6 years ago

I heard the callout "fatality" the other day. Not sure what you need to do to get it but it was the original sound from Mortal Kombat.

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I heard the callout "fatality" the other day. Not sure what you need to do to get it but it was the original sound from Mortal Kombat.

Heard it a couple times this week too! Curious to know what triggers it.

#1665 6 years ago

Ok when my left flipper is up, the middle of the flipper tip lines up with the top corner of the 'F' in 'Defeat'......

#1666 6 years ago

For code updates on MMr does everything get reset to factory default? Games Played count, high scores, etc?

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ok when my left flipper is up, the middle of the flipper tip lines up with the top corner of the 'F' in 'Defeat'......

Like this?

IMG_20170427_212451 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212451 (resized).jpg

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Sure if nobody beats me to it I'll take a pic when I get home..... Also I would reconfirm your game is staying level side to side.

So I put 3 levels on to be extra sure.

You'll see both digital levels read 0, but the bubble level is not centered.

Is it due to it laying flat? Standing up I get a centered bubble, which is even more confusing.

I'm so lost!

IMG_20170427_212154 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212154 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_212244 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212244 (resized).jpg

#1669 6 years ago

Very close. Maybe a little higher. Looks like it's lined with the center of the 'f' not the top corner, but you'll be a better judge looking at it in person. I wouldn't worry about the bubble level, use the digital ones. It looks level. I just wanted to make sure that by playing and nudging the game it wasn't making the side to side level go outta wack. Playing my game tonight I'd say I can trap the ball maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% it's bouncing off the flipper....

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Very close. Maybe a little higher. Looks like it's lined with the center of the 'f' not the top corner, but you'll be a better judge looking at it in person. I wouldn't worry about the bubble level, use the digital ones. It looks level. I just wanted to make sure that by playing and nudging the game it wasn't making the side to side level go outta wack. Playing my game tonight I'd say I can trap the ball maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% it's bouncing off the flipper....

You totally should make a video of it, and even include awesome music like I did

#1671 6 years ago

Keep thinking there are updates and it's just another 20 posts from Damien

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Keep thinking there are updates and it's just another 20 posts from Damien

Harsh, man!

#1673 6 years ago

haha, i was totally teasing you

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

haha, i was totally teasing you

No hard feelings brother. I know I'm noobing it up here, and probably annoying some of you, but I'm definitely learning some stuff, and although I suck ass at pinball, I must say my skills have improved

Thanks all for putting up with me!

#1675 6 years ago

I believe Dan Forden, who did the sounds for Mortal Kombat also did the sound on MM and incorporated a few sound bites from MK. I'm not 100% sure what the logic is, but it seems to be related to consecutive shots up the damsel ramp.

#1676 6 years ago

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#4032

#1677 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I believe Dan Forden, who did the sounds for Mortal Kombat also did the sound on MM and incorporated a few sound bites from MK. I'm not 100% sure what the logic is, but it seems to be related to consecutive shots up the damsel ramp.

Man that makes sense, we've heard "something" and could never make it out, but that was probably it.

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Man that makes sense, we've heard "something" and could never make it out, but that was probably it.

Iirc the video on the screen when you get the second to last shot up the damsel ramp shows you killing the dragon. That is what's preventing you from rescuing the damsel. That's when the fatality call happens, I believe. Then the gate drops and you can shoot all the way up the ladder.

#1679 6 years ago

Decided to play a couple of quick games before bed.

First game was rough. Second game everything seemed to be flowing, and I ended up getting the closest I've been to BFTK. Had all the blue "master" lights lit, and just needed to finish off the 6th castle!!!

If I only got the extra ball from Castle Multiball, I could have done it! Damn this game is awesome when it's all dialled in right!!!

#1680 6 years ago

Anyone else had issues with the sound on MMR?

Since installing the colour upgrade chip couple of times I've been playing and the sound decreases to about 1% of it's normal level. Pushing the colour video chip in to the socket firmly seems to solve it but the trolls popping up seem to work the chip loose. The original chip came with a cable tie that held it in securely but this needed to be cut to install the new chip (as per the instructions).

Anyone else had this issue? And is the solution to try and install a new cable tie around the chip?

#1681 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Anyone else had issues with the sound on MMR?
Since installing the colour upgrade chip couple of times I've been playing and the sound decreases to about 1% of it's normal level. Pushing the colour video chip in to the socket firmly seems to solve it but the trolls popping up seem to work the chip loose. The original chip came with a cable tie that held it in securely but this needed to be cut to install the new chip (as per the instructions).
Anyone else had this issue? And is the solution to try and install a new cable tie around the chip?

Never heard of your issue, but that's what I'd try with your symptoms.

#1682 6 years ago

Found out a couple of things playing MMR today. Yes, increasing the catapault strength, +1 I think is the setting, clears 2 balls in the catapault during multiball. Also, exploded Sir Psycho castle with a lock ball shot immediately after a direct gate castle gate shot. (No multiball at the time). Not sure if it works with all kingsmen, but I was curious which one when I saw it.

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Also, exploded Sir Psycho castle with a lock ball shot immediately after a direct gate castle gate shot. (No multiball at the time). Not sure if it works with all kingsmen, but I was curious which one when I saw it.

This is a shortcoming of the Medieval Madness design. (That is, this is not a problem specific to remake.) This is also not specific to any one king.

#1684 6 years ago

Joined the club a couple weeks ago with a Mmr le I found with 50 plays on it . Really enjoying this game starting to realize the high ratings on this especially compared to Afm with how close these games seem to one another . Mmr is more challenging and love it !

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Joined the club a couple weeks ago with a Mmr le I found with 50 plays on it . Really enjoying this game starting to realize the high ratings on this especially compared to Afm with how close these games seem to one another . Mmr is more challenging and love it !

My afm is much more difficult than my mm..... Guess it depends on how they are set up tho...

#1686 6 years ago

After playing MM and AFM more and more I can see why they are so highly rated. Two of the best games ever.

#1687 6 years ago

Having no memory of ever playing MM, MMR blew me away, the game has it all so very well-done (theme, toys, play, quality, code, voicework, artwork, dots and integration). I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to buy a new version.

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Having no memory of ever playing MM, MMR blew me away, the game has it all so very well-done (theme, toys, play, quality, code, voicework, artwork, dots and integration). I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to buy a new version.

I totally agree

PPS really did a great job with the MMr. I really like everything about it...game play, build quality, color DMD, etc....

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I totally agree
PPS really did a great job with the MMr. I really like everything about it...game play, build quality, color DMD, etc....

MMr is still the favorite in my family after 2 years of game play. I admit I am not really into AFM but found what they did with the remake to look real cool so I'm getting one.

The opportunity to have matching numbers was the real reason I bought one.

#1690 6 years ago

I've been debating about getting a AFM as well as I enjoy that game a lot too. Only concern is if it's too similar to MM, would it get boring?

I found it to be fun and the humor great like MM.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I've been debating about getting a AFM as well as I enjoy that game a lot too. Only concern is if it's too similar to MM, would it get boring?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-vs-afm

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I don't think they are too similiar. Very different theme, music, call outs, and toys. The fun and tongue-in-cheek humor is similiar to MM and that is a good thing!

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm right there with you! I bought a TZ recently, and I'm not really feeling it. I know everyone puts this at the top of the list, but I just don't get it. I find the left jets and drains defeating, and I find the excessive punishment for missed shots to be a buzzkill.

So, I'm debating parting with the TZ, grabbing a Getaway as my second game, and perhaps saving for a AFMr

Only thing holding me back (aside from $$$) is the idea that a MB remake might be coming next!

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm right there with you! I bought a TZ recently, and I'm not really feeling it. I know everyone puts this at the top of the list, but I just don't get it. I find the left jets and drains defeating, and I find the excessive punishment for missed shots to be a buzzkill.
So, I'm debating parting with the TZ, grabbing a Getaway as my second game, and perhaps saving for a AFMr
Only thing holding me back (aside from $$$) is the idea that a MB remake might be coming next!

I'm thinking MMr, AFMr, and MBr would be a nice small home collection.

#1695 6 years ago

Does MMr have an 'Adult Speech Mode' and how is it accessed?

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Assuming everything goes smoothly, you are still looking at 2 years away from that.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Does MMr have an 'Adult Speech Mode' and how is it accessed?

In Adjustments - Feature Adj. - A2. 22 Family Mode , default is No.

Now the F Word is still bleeped in No. Unlike the hacked ROM floating around out there, which isn't usable in MMR.

LTG : )

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Adjustments - Feature Adj. - A2. 22 Family Mode , default is No.
Now the F Word is still bleeped in No. Unlike the hacked ROM floating around out there, which isn't usable in MMR.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd!

#1699 6 years ago

I have some stock mmr speakers if anyone needs a replacement but prefers to remain original. Name your price plus shipping.

#1700 6 years ago

Perhaps more desirable, I have a troll complete mech that was working except the back of the troll head cracked so it twists around on the one screw still holding it together. Should be a simple reinforcement and repair. Fair price plus shipping?

Edit: look like these suckers are expensive at PPS. Flap $20, head $20, switch ? Carriage $ 49. Whoa. Like $110 new. So make a fair offer and I'm in.

IMG_1185 (resized).JPGIMG_1185 (resized).JPG
IMG_1187 (resized).JPGIMG_1187 (resized).JPG
IMG_1186 (resized).JPGIMG_1186 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/34?hl=adams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.