Topic Stats

• 4,713 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 249 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 583 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1 (resized).jpg
triceratops02.jpg
face off poster simple layers.jpg
sidon dash river layout one.jpg
sandman one.jpg
plane_green_b_w sketch.jpg
oldman_bodies.jpg
Ichabod Fletcher Finish.jpg
canyon_raid01.jpg
Brathwaite_Constance_Finish.jpg
garden three color copy.jpg
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4371.JPG
20191114_194543.jpg
20191114_195108.jpg
20191114_195036.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 95.
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other thing... I noticed recently that occasionally I will shoot the ball through the "Lock", but it will see it as a hit to the castle. If I'm not mistaken, it has happened one the final shot to destroy a castle the 2-3 times it has happened so far.
Any ideas?

I've had this happen once and was going to post about it, but you beat me to it! Mine also happened on the "explode" hit (already opened porticulus). I forget which Kingsman it was.

#1602 2 years ago

Read the description carefully. The first one is a clear plastic set (which you already have). The second one is a protector of your existing plastics.

#1603 2 years ago

Has anybody ever had any luck getting some replacement gold paint to touch up your hardware? My lockdown bar has worn the rails down a bit from sliding around. Is this a thing or nah?

#1604 2 years ago

This is the one you want.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=164&zenid=f0409a4313f1663ec9aeab4db0de538f

The smaller plastic protector, lower left, goes in front of the castle and has no factory shipped plastic to protect, I guess LTG stated that some owners put a custom plastic here and then use the protector. Also, the plastic (4th from the left in top row) that goes near the pops is a pita to install, the hardest one. I mention my approach at post #1447 in this thread. There is also an MMR Protector Poll dedicated thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-protection-poll

#1605 2 years ago

For the plastic protector install you need two different socket sizes, I forget what they are. Some plastics require removal of the red plastic domes, some do not. To remove the red plastic domes, put a socket over the dome to keep it from rotating and a socket underneath the plastic to loosen at the same time.

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For the plastic protector install you need two different socket sizes, I forget what they are. Some plastics require removal of the red plastic domes, some do not. To remove the red plastic domes, put a socket over the dome to keep it from rotating and a socket underneath the plastic to loosen at the same time.

I can't remember what forum I was in, but someone led me to believe that broken plastics were a thing of the past. Actually I think it was in the afmr discussion and it was Rick from Pps. He said they're made from a better material now and don't need protectors. Can anyone verify or deny this?

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I can't remember what forum I was in, but someone led me to believe that broken plastics were a thing of the past. Actually I think it was in the afmr discussion and it was Rick from Pps. He said they're made from a better material now and don't need protectors. Can anyone verify or deny this?

Someone did state that I remember it as well, type of plastic used is PET G or something. Pinbits still makes them for MMR and its cheap money, but half a day's work to get them in. If putting in a playfield protector or cliffy's you can do it right alongside.

#1608 2 years ago

You could probably start a thread asking for feedback on this, but I have broken many plastics on original (old) Williams machines. I have never broken a plastic on a modern Stern. I do not install plastic protectors on modern machines, including my MMr.

#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You could probably start a thread asking for feedback on this, but I have broken many plastics on original (old) Williams machines. I have never broken a plastic on a modern Stern. I do not install plastic protectors on modern machines, including my MMr.

You must not have a 2007 SM.

#1610 2 years ago

I've had my MM since day one... and in twenty years I've never broken a plastic. Even have a full backup set in the closet I've never needed to use. No protectors either.

I DID tilt both standups downward and reinforce them to reduce airballs from the very beginning however.

I don't think you really need any protectors for this title... unless you just want to spend some unwanted cash burning a hole in your pocket (as so many love to do in this hobby).

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I've had my MM since day one... and in twenty years I've never broken a plastic. Even have a full backup set in the closet I've never needed to use. No protectors either.
I DID tilt both standups downward and reinforce them to reduce airballs from the very beginning however.
I don't think you really need any protectors for this title... unless you just want to spend some unwanted cash burning a hole in your pocket (as so many love to do in this hobby).

Protectors are cheap, its the manual labor that's burning the hole. The mantis castle protector for the lock ball shot takes about 30 seconds to install and I've seen worn out lock shot games on route. Mantis makes you buy 4 protectors though cannot get just the castle one. That and the ball eject shooter lane cliffy, another quick install, and some sort of merlin hole protection would be the minimum needed for MMR. Maybe the Cliffy drawbridge edge protector as well, 10 seconds to install. Probably could pass on plastic protectors that's true. I have full mantis, cliffys and Pinbits merlin and plastic protectors. Doesn't hurt to have them and its probably a couple hundred bucks max.

#1612 2 years ago

Protectors are cheap, its the manual labor that's burning the hole. The mantis castle protector for the lock ball shot takes about 30 seconds to install and I've seen worn out lock shot games on route. Mantis makes you buy 4 protectors though cannot get just the castle one. That and the ball eject shooter lane cliffy, another quick install, and some sort of merlin hole protection would be the minimum needed for MMR. Maybe the Cliffy drawbridge edge protector as well, 10 seconds to install. Probably could pass on plastic protectors that's true. I have full mantis, cliffys and Pinbits merlin and plastic protectors. Doesn't hurt to have them and its probably a couple hundred bucks max.

Yeah I was talking about plastic protectors.

That said my shooter lane still looks fine in home use with no cliffy... for these newer machines with the apparently brittle CC the shooter lane and castle lock protectors are probably indeed a good idea.

#1613 2 years ago

Good to know that about the plastic protector.

I'll get the Mantis and Cliffy protectors though.

#1614 2 years ago

By the way, someone who can get to BFTK, should really consider posting a full length video showing there full game to give some of us noobs a tutorial!

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other thing... I noticed recently that occasionally I will shoot the ball through the "Lock", but it will see it as a hit to the castle. If I'm not mistaken, it has happened one the final shot to destroy a castle the 2-3 times it has happened so far.
Any ideas?

This happens if you shoot into the Lock shortly after you opened the Castle gate (so as a direct shot after destroying the castle gate). This is not a bug, because in the virtual pinball version of MM, this is programmed the same way.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

This happens if you shoot into the Lock shortly after you opened the Castle gate (so as a direct shot after destroying the castle gate). This is not a bug, because in the virtual pinball version of MM, this is programmed the same way.

Sounds right. It happened to me during multiball I believe,

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

By the way, someone who can get to BFTK, should really consider posting a full length video showing there full game to give some of us noobs a tutorial!

http://bfy.tw/BQx6

#1619 2 years ago

Yeah, except every video shows the game starting at BFTK... I can roll balls up ramps with my hand too and then press record on a camera.

I was trying to find a video of a full game. You want to help me Google that too?

#1620 2 years ago

anyone else's cabinets starting to split? Mine is about 4 months old and i noticed some hairlines cracks at the corners. Thank you Stern for that...

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Thank you Stern for that...

CGC made the cabinets for MMR.

LTG : )

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC made the cabinets for MMR.
LTG : )

Ah, I thought it was Stern. Well either way kind of sucks!

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was trying to find a video of a full game. You want to help me Google that too?

https://goo.gl/bmBflA

#1624 2 years ago

lol , you guys crack me up.

#1625 2 years ago

Hilarious, guy must not have google on his computer....

#1626 2 years ago

You sir, are a rockstar!

Man, daddy life has me tired! When I search BFTK on Youtube, I basically only saw the end of videos, or most of them were the Pinball Arcade captures.

This one is unreal:

Guy has incredible control! I seriously need to work on my live catches!

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You sir, are a rockstar!
Man, daddy life has me tired! When I search BFTK on Youtube, I basically only saw the end of videos, or most of them were the Pinball Arcade captures.
This one is unreal: » YouTube video
Guy has incredible control! I seriously need to work on my live catches!

He's got the slingshot strength turned down.

#1628 2 years ago

He's got the slingshot strength turned down.

Hmmmmm.... Guessing that would reduce side drains?

#1629 2 years ago

Question for you guys about this video:

Take a look at this ball he plays. When the ball ejects form the left, he just puts the flipper up and the ball basically stops right on it. He's not doing a live catch. I've had my game set at 5 degree, all the way to 8 degrees, and it would never do that.

The ball also seems to move pretty sluggishly at certain points.

Anyone think this game plays a lot differently then theirs?

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmmm.... Guessing that would reduce side drains?

Bingo. Guy's got skills tho.

#1631 2 years ago

Bingo. Guy's got skills tho.

Mine was draining like mad when I had it at 6.5 degrees. Bumped it up to 6.8-6.9 degrees, and seems to be playing a little better. What do you guys have yours at?

And if you check out the video I just posted above, how the heck is that guy just raising his flipper to stop the ball? Seems odd!

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mine was draining like mad when I had it at 6.5 degrees. Bumped it up to 6.8-6.9 degrees, and seems to be playing a little better. What do you guys have yours at?
And if you check out the video I just posted above, how the heck is that guy just raising his flipper to stop the ball? Seems odd!

Factory set 6.5 degrees loads of side drains. Check out some PAPA vids playing MM, there's voiceover as well from the player. He can catch as well. His name is Bo maybe? Search you tube for Medieval Madness gameplay.

#1633 2 years ago

Factory set 6.5 degrees loads of side drains. Check out some PAPA vids playing MM, there's voiceover as well from the player. He can catch as well. His name is Bo maybe? Search you tube for Medieval Madness gameplay.

Bowen Kerins. He's a beast! Sniper accuracy!

I'm curious to know what others have theirs set at?

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Bowen Kerins. He's a beast! Sniper accuracy!
I'm curious to know what others have theirs set at?

Bowen describes and demonstrates the catch you are interested in early on in that PAPA MM gameplay video.

#1635 2 years ago

Mines set at 6.5 and comes down the left straight to my raised flipper

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Mines set at 6.5 and comes down the left straight to my raised flipper

And stops on the flipper, or bounces off?

If I raise the flipper, the ball hits it, and then usually bounces off to the slingshot. In the video I posted, his ball jumps lands on the flipper with a small bounce, and stays on the flipper.

In order for me to do that, I have to live catch it. But this guy is just raising the flipper and waiting for it.

#1637 2 years ago

Not all of the kick outs from the moat are the same but it stops on the raised flipper about 90% of the time.

#1638 2 years ago

Suggestion. Why don't you guys Set your games at 6.5 degrees or greater and develop your skills for your game, instead of changing your game to make it easier or predictable?

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Suggestion. Why don't you guys Set your games at 6.5 degrees or greater and develop your skills for your game, instead of changing your game to make it easier or predictable?

6.5 feels a bit floaty. Closer to 7 is faster and flows nice.

Regarding the flipper, I'm just curious as to why some machines would have the ball land flat on the flipper, but mine bounces all over the place.

Not looking to make it easy... Just curious

#1640 2 years ago

Even though there all MM's every game could be different. Differences on the playfield, different level angles side to side, and playfield pitch. When I measure pitch at the top it's 6.7, in the middle 6.5, at the bottom 6.3. I'm happy because for the most part it's 6.5 or greater which are factory settings. Get it as level as you can side to side and set your playfield pitch. At that point play it and have fun....

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Even though there all MM's every game could be different. Differences on the playfield, different level angles side to side, and playfield pitch. When I measure pitch at the top it's 6.7, in the middle 6.5, at the bottom 6.3. I'm happy because for the most part it's 6.5 or greater which are factory settings. Get it as level as you can side to side and set your playfield pitch. At that point play it and have fun....

Seem to have it nice centred side to side. Do you normally adjust the side to side by the rear or front levellers?

#1642 2 years ago

Think someone shared a link with you awhile back from pinball news about how to level a machine - read that it's great. In the article they recommend a Craftsman level. You bought an $8000.00 game, spend 50 bucks on a level. I usually turn the fronts all the way in and do side to side on the back. Once you measure the level you should be able to adjust side by side by changing only one leverer in the back...

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Think someone shared a link with you awhile back from pinball news about how to level a machine - read that it's great. In the article they recommend a Craftsman level. You bought an $8000.00 game, spend 50 bucks on a level. I usually turn the fronts all the way in and do side to side on the back. Once you measure the level you should be able to adjust side by side by changing only one leverer in the back...

I actually have two digital levels and a standard bubble level

I have a small digital level that I can line up anywhere in the playfield, and that seems to get an accurate read on the angles.

For me, I think it's more slant. Trying to find that sweet spot that I enjoy the most.

#1644 2 years ago

Other than that, coming out of the mote on the left side I can hold the flipper up and i can cradle the ball. On the right when it comes out of the pops it goes to the right flipper fast and can't really catch. Originally it would hit the slightshot. I took a long nose and bent the ball guide out a little (thanks Rarehero). But again my game not yours...

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Other than that, coming out of the mote on the left side I can hold the flipper up and i can cradle the ball. On the right when it comes out of the pops it goes to the right flipper fast and can't really catch. Originally it would hit the slightshot. I took a long nose and bent the ball guide out a little (thanks Rarehero). But again my game not yours...

I'm really puzzled now as to why a few of you are able to just raise the flipper and cradle the ball, and on my game, it bounces and either go to the center, or ends up in the slingshot.

I'm the same as you on the right. I actually can't even do a live catch. On the left I can fairly consistently.

I think being able to more dependably cradle on the left would allow me more control to hit castles and get closer to BFTK (which I'm determined to get!)

#1646 2 years ago

I took a video, and even added music for your enjoyment haha.

This is 3 consecutive ejects on the left and right, showing how much they vary, and never really hit the flipper and settle.

#1647 2 years ago

Color Rom Bugs

Some friends told me that there are a lot of Bugs in the HD
Color Rom

sometimes it changes to MONO COLOR and LOW RES
should be Buggy

and no updates

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I took a video, and even added music for your enjoyment haha.
This is 3 consecutive ejects on the left and right, showing how much they vary, and never really hit the flipper and settle.
» YouTube video

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.

I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.

Thanks

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.
I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.
Thanks

My experience is what you showed is normal. Same behavior on my machine. Sometimes bounces off the left flipper over to the right and sometime ends up bouncing on the laft flipper, staying there. There's some variation in behavior as the ball ejects from the moat into a wide lane orbit. Consistency would be a flag to me like in the player's video rather than what you are seeing\showing in your video. It's normal for my MMR.

#1650 2 years ago

Every pin is different and can play very different this is the reason i love pinball..... who likes things that are predictable all the time? That gets boring imo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
8,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Diego, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
There are 4713 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside