Topic Stats

• 5,209 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by TimBoch
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 629 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00201 (resized).JPG
20200210_094527 (resized).jpg
FC9AF91C-E615-4F31-B041-230EDC189EE0 (resized).jpeg
1B5DAAFA-AA2E-4F03-9906-A6D5B5EB03BC (resized).jpeg
01A7B3C5-DD34-4549-A08A-BD229C081142 (resized).jpeg
0D8257B2-6C98-49E6-8855-FADCBBABD6BE (resized).jpeg
B33BC573-3E63-4899-B71A-3F9916681398 (resized).jpeg
18D69FA2-95F6-4044-9A36-C256D95D8EDA (resized).jpeg
BAF7E8D1-CB47-4A05-9DAA-9A1B6E90A0BD (resized).jpeg
received_2729215527114009 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg
60315223637--BE0C3EC7-272F-434C-98E7-A3E2628A94F5 (resized).JPG
60315224740--F859977C-98F9-4949-91D6-F6C156C5DA5A (resized).JPG
60315231284--1CFCFE85-4ACD-4255-9BF4-20A319949348 (resized).JPG
60315229948--6ACD5C96-5ED1-4243-9018-3500681C3BFC (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5209 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 105.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, but save yourself more work. Only loosen a tiny bit so the flipper bat moves if you push/pull it hard. If you loosen it too much and the flipper bat flops around, then you need to adjust the back and forth there you want it, and the up and down movement. If you screw it up, use the blue plastic spacer from the goodie bag, set it between the flipper bat and playfield, that will give you the right spacing so there is a tiny bit of up and down play so the pawl doesn't bind on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, below the playfield.

If you loosen too much, gravity is down, not up.

No.
LTG : )

What I meant by raising, is will there be space between the flipper and playfield, as if you were pulling it up off the playfield?

But I think you answered that by saying I should only loosen slightly so that I have to force it a bit to move?

Wouldn't it be easier to align the toothpick in the hole if it were easier to move the flipper up and down though?

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wouldn't it be easier to align the toothpick in the hole

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Study vid1900's guide, scroll down to the 17th post in that thread.

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What I meant by raising, is will there be space between the flipper and playfield, as if you were pulling it up off the playfield?
But I think you answered that by saying I should only loosen slightly so that I have to force it a bit to move?
Wouldn't it be easier to align the toothpick in the hole if it were easier to move the flipper up and down though?

We need to get off this topic in this thread. Start a new thread please and I will chime back in on that thread.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

We need to get off this topic in this thread. Start a new thread please and I will chime back in on that thread.

I'll end it with a link to this video in case anyone else ever needs this (skip to around 1:04:00):

#1505 2 years ago

damien I think you'll get more help in a dedicated thread. Most of your questions are not specific to Twilight Zone or Medieval Madness, but to pinball in general. vid1900 threads are a great place to learn more about pinball in general.

#1506 2 years ago

nosro i totally agree, and will keep that in mind.

Thank you all for the tips. Realigned the flippers tonight with the toothpick, but noticed that after measuring with a ruler, the smaller end of the flipper is not lined up with the inland ramp. Not sure if this is how MMR was set up, because if I have the rubber of the bat lined up end to end with the inland, it will sit above the alignment hole.

Regardless, I learned something new a out my pin today, and the game already feels a bit better!

#1507 2 years ago

Question:

What are MMr owners doing to add headphones to their game?

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Question:
What are MMr owners doing to add headphones to their game?

Maybe use this webpage to contact Buckwerx and ask......

http://buckwerxaudio.com/

#1509 2 years ago

Anyone making emblems for speaker panel currently? Before I get chastised, PPS is sold out of the panel (gold) and does not sell just the emblem.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Maybe use this webpage to contact Buckwerx and ask......
http://buckwerxaudio.com/

They dont list MMr so Ill email them. Thanks!

#1511 2 years ago

speaker emblem like this?

IMG_7175 (resized).jpg

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

speaker emblem like this?

Who makes those???

#1513 2 years ago

i have done this for my MMR

its stainless steel laser cut

i have only 1 kit left the price is 40$ (2 pieces) shipping to USA would be 15$

tom

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have done this for my MMR
its stainless steel laser cut
i have only 1 kit left the price is 40$ (2 pieces) shipping to USA would be 15$
tom

PM me your paypal...

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Anyone making emblems for speaker panel currently? Before I get chastised, PPS is sold out of the panel (gold) and does not sell just the emblem.

Sorry, I mean the 'Williams' logo that is in the middle of the panel and below the DMD.

#1516 2 years ago

Is anybody making a Williams decal for that blank space on the speaker panel?

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Is anybody making a Williams decal for that blank space on the speaker panel?

They are out there, I bought one from a guy whos friend runs a print shop. But its against pinside TOS to list them, as its copyright infringement. Instead you are encouraged to buy a complete panel from PPS, and go through the pain of stripping your old panel (and its a royal pain).

Please don't contact me asking where I got it, they don't have any more of them.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

They are out there, I bought one from a guy whos friend runs a print shop. But its against pinside TOS to list them, as its copyright infringement. Instead you are encouraged to buy a complete panel from PPS, and go through the pain of stripping your old panel (and its a royal pain).

Thanks. I found something

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Sorry, I mean the 'Williams' logo that is in the middle of the panel and below the DMD.

Sorry, I practically duplicated your post

#1520 2 years ago

My castle towers do not spring back into position after being destroyed. Is that a spring issue?

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Is that a spring issue?

Wiggle them. If they move freely, probably a spring issue. Four screws hold the tower assembly on. Simple to remove and check or fix.

#1522 2 years ago

i will try some red EL paper behind this at my MMR

IMG_7174 (resized).jpg

el (resized).jpg

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will try some red EL paper behind this at my MMR

410 million... Holy s#!t!!!!!

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

410 million... Holy s#!t!!!!!

Looks like Monster Bash, it's not MM

#1525 2 years ago

yes my MMR is next week here

#1526 2 years ago

Still thats a crazy score on mb....

#1527 2 years ago

My buddy put up 463 million on my MMr the first day i had it. We've never been close since. It was insane. He beat everything and had every mode activated. Was a great way to test out the new machine

#1528 2 years ago

Rock Custom Pinball's under cab and speaker lights look great on this game!

#1529 2 years ago

Good eye

I'm chasing down BFTK, but dammit, I just can't get it.

Tonight I knocked out almost 5 castles, and then failed at Royal Madness.

Such tough game!

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Good eye
Such tough game!

I have not gotten it yet either. I've had all the castles down and just missed the shot to start BFTK.

It took me 4 months before I finally got video mode for the first time.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Good eye
Such tough game!

If you intend to reach the wizard within a couple of months of ownership, you are either a really good player, or have your machine set up really easy.

If you have "easy" installed, I suggest you return to "medium".

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If you intend to reach the wizard within a couple of months of ownership, you are either a really good player, or have your machine set up really easy.
If you have "easy" installed, I suggest you return to "medium".

Yea factory settings with open outlanes and 7.1 angle makes getting to the wizard mode fairly difficult. Ive been 3 shots away from starting it once and havent been close since lol. Dont see me beating mm or afm anytime soon which is awesome for older games. One day when the star's are come together it will happen tho lol.

#1533 2 years ago

This is my first pin, and I've owned it since January. I have it at 6.5 degrees, all factory default settings, except I moved the outlane post down to the easiest setting.

My average score is about 20-30 million, with my GC score of 108 million.

In the first month of owning it, I think I got to Royal Madness once. Now I get it after playing a few games.

So definitely improving, but nowhere near BFTK. I also haven't figured out how to start the video mode. I know it has something to do with lighting FIRE.

Such a fantastic game though!

#1534 2 years ago

I was reading someones breakdown on how to get to BFT, and they mentioned that when the ball ejects from the bumpers down the right side, they can hold the right flipper up, and the ball with stop on it.

Seems totally different from my game, where if I hold the right flipper up, it will bounce and generally hit the slingshots.

Right now, I left the ball drop from bumpers, bounce of the right flipper, then off the left flipper over to the right again, where I trap it.

Curious to know how your game behaves.

#1535 2 years ago

Hey all, sorry to be a troll but can anyone point me in the direction of who may still have MMR standards in stock? Seems with AFMr, they are not being produced right now.

#1536 2 years ago

we will have some as soon as they start back up ... most likely some in may and then more in jul/aug ... $1000 deposit to be in line (which is short right now as we just started collecting people) ... rick@planetarypinball.com

#1537 2 years ago

Automated has them in stock. Grabbed one a couple weeks ago.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seems with AFMr, they are not being produced right now.

Well yeah, it was JUST announced, production hasn't even started on it.

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was reading someones breakdown on how to get to BFT, and they mentioned that when the ball ejects from the bumpers down the right side, they can hold the right flipper up, and the ball with stop on it.
Seems totally different from my game, where if I hold the right flipper up, it will bounce and generally hit the slingshots.
Right now, I left the ball drop from bumpers, bounce of the right flipper, then off the left flipper over to the right again, where I trap it.
Curious to know how your game behaves.

Can anyone comment on that bumper eject? Does your ball stop on the right flipper just by pressing it?

Wondering if I'm totally off with my flippers​ and level.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can anyone comment on that bumper eject? Does your ball stop on the right flipper just by pressing it?
Wondering if I'm totally off with my flippers​ and level.

You have to time it correctly, flip right before the ball hits the flipper.

#1541 2 years ago

Thanks for the resources/ timeline guys!

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

...except I moved the outlane post down to the easiest setting.

Whatchutalkinbout Willis?

I never noticed the outlanes were adjustable! That's not in the manual anywhere!

HUH!

So what, if any, is considered "normal" setting, then?

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatinho:

Whatchutalkinbout Willis?
I never noticed the outlanes were adjustable! That's not in the manual anywhere!
HUH!
So what, if any, is considered "normal" setting, then?

The middle.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

You have to time it correctly, flip right before the ball hits the flipper.
» YouTube video

Yes, I usually do a live catch from the left. For some reason, the way it ejects from the right, I find it really hard to do.

But what I was asking is, when the ball drops from the right, if you just put there flipper up, will it bounce a bit, but stay on that right flipper?

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, I usually do a live catch from the left. For some reason, the way it ejects from the right, I find it really hard to do.
But what I was asking is, when the ball drops from the right, if you just put there flipper up, will it bounce a bit, but stay on that right flipper?

Just tried it on my game.

https://goo.gl/photos/7P9QChAYwpKuekaw8

I'm thinking it's normal. Maybe on the "pinball arcade" video game it doesn't bounce off.

#1546 2 years ago

Hey man, th

Quoted from NonStopSwagger:Just tried it on my game.
https://goo.gl/photos/7P9QChAYwpKuekaw8
I'm thinking it's normal. Maybe on the "pinball arcade" video game it doesn't bounce off.

Cheers! Thanks for posting the vid!

Yeah, that seems normal. I couldn't figure out how that person had the ball drop, bounce a bit, and stay on the right flipper. Would make the game way too easy.

For me, I let the ball eject from the right, hit the right flipper, bounce over the left, and then back to the right where I trap it. Then I release the ball at about the middle of the flipper and get a clean castle shot.

Curious to know what you guys use as a strategy. Lately I've been doing what I mentioned to get castle shots. Obviously it's easy when the drawbridge is up. When I get to the gate, I have to nudge like crazy to get control of the ball on each shot, but if I'm having a good game, I can get it under control pretty quickly, and keep working on the castle.

When I get to the second or third castle, I then move on to working on the the Madnesses. Pick up the extra ball along the way, and then maybe even a Castle Multiball. Not so good at getting the extra ball on the Castle Madness, but I have done it once or twice.

So far, I've been able to get to the Royal Madness, and knock out 5 castles, but then things fall apart.

What is your strategy?

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hey man, th

Cheers! Thanks for posting the vid!
Yeah, that seems normal. I couldn't figure out how that person had the ball drop, bounce a bit, and stay on the right flipper. Would make the game way too easy.
For me, I let the ball eject from the right, hit the right flipper, bounce over the left, and then back to the right where I trap it. Then I release the ball at about the middle of the flipper and get a clean castle shot.
Curious to know what you guys use as a strategy. Lately I've been doing what I mentioned to get castle shots. Obviously it's easy when the drawbridge is up. When I get to the gate, I have to nudge like crazy to get control of the ball on each shot, but if I'm having a good game, I can get it under control pretty quickly, and keep working on the castle.
When I get to the second or third castle, I then move on to working on the the Madnesses. Pick up the extra ball along the way, and then maybe even a Castle Multiball. Not so good at getting the extra ball on the Castle Madness, but I have done it once or twice.
So far, I've been able to get to the Royal Madness, and knock out 5 castles, but then things fall apart.
What is your strategy?

I've had my best scores if I work on the madnesses first (light them all, then hit merlin) and only go for the castle shots when I have a multiball going, as those shots have a higher chance of going STDM when the drawbridge is down.

#1548 2 years ago

My strategy is to keep pounding the black posts beside the ramps. I can hit these 10-15 times in a row, this is followed by shots to the yellow troll target while trying to hit the castle (either entrance). This allows me to light the troll target, bounce out of the merlin hole at least 4 times in a row (no foam for me!) before landing in the merlin hole, starting trolls, hitting one troll 3 times, one troll twice and STDM. (I swear if they awarded points for those black posts, I'd have 100mm on every ball)

When I'm not employing the above, here is what I have been trying lately. Get one madness. Then try to get multiple madnesses to increase the value of the castle hurry up before aiming for the castle. When it works, it is a great strategy. When it doesn't my wife gives me hell for leaving all those points on the table.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

My strategy is to keep pounding the black posts beside the ramps. I can hit these 10-15 times in a row, this is followed by shots to the yellow troll target while trying to hit the castle (either entrance). This allows me to light the troll target, bounce out of the merlin hole at least 4 times in a row (no foam for me!) before landing in the merlin hole, starting trolls, hitting one troll 3 times, one troll twice and STDM. (I swear if they awarded points for those black posts, I'd have 100mm on every ball)
When I'm not employing the above, here is what I have been trying lately. Get one madness. Then try to get multiple madnesses to increase the value of the castle hurry up before aiming for the castle. When it works, it is a great strategy. When it doesn't my wife gives me hell for leaving all those points on the table.

Put some Cliffy post sleeves of a different color on the ramp posts. No more hitting the black ones.

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

My strategy is to keep pounding the black posts beside the ramps. I can hit these 10-15 times in a row, this is followed by shots to the yellow troll target while trying to hit the castle (either entrance).

Dude... I knew I couldn't be the only one!! Been wondering if I should invest in a good overhead streaming system with cams and mics to catch the full effect while I'm doing this so I can post an instructional video. Though it might blow up PAPA or Pinburgh next year if they include this game in the lineup.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
€ 9.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 5209 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 105.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside