IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 204.
#51 8 years ago
MMR Mirror Right.jpgMMR Mirror Right.jpg
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just put some mirror sides on the MMR. It looks better than the black but its not as big a deal as some of the other games that have a lot of GI along the edges.
MMR Mirror Left.jpg

looks excellent !!
I've got a gold set here, ready & waiting MMR

#53 8 years ago

It looks alright but its not a grand slam like some of my other pins. I think pins with a lot of peripheral GI lighting will benefit greatly from mirror blades. I'm wondering which mod to do next that would really make a difference.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

Has anyone who ordered theirs through Jersey Jack actually received their MMR?

Yes, received 4/22. I know two others who were also JJP customers and they received theirs before I did.

#55 8 years ago

I've had mine since 4/13

1 week later
#56 8 years ago

I saw my son playing with his medieval figurines that he absolutely loves more than anything else and I thought that they would make wonderful additions to MMR. So I waited until he went to school and seized the opportunity to drill them, attach a few brackets to them and mount them to the game. I think they made for a great mod. My son will get over it in a few months or so but look how nice they look.

Wizard Troll 1.jpgWizard Troll 1.jpg
Wizard Troll 2.jpgWizard Troll 2.jpg
Jouster.jpgJouster.jpg

#57 8 years ago

excellent

i bought some figures at the the Tower of London last year in anticipation of getting MMRLE.
they're in a box somewhere. can't wait to do the same.

#58 8 years ago

Very nice, I especially like how the wizard completely blocks the view of that dumb old castle. Got plans to add any more?

#59 8 years ago

Thanks guys, I might add a peasant, and I had a catapult that was really nice but it was just too big. The wizard looks so much like the castle wizard I just couldn't resist. I'm trying to figure out what my next mod should be. Man MMR is such an awesome machine, I'm definitely getting all of CG/PPS rereleases.

2 weeks later
#60 8 years ago

I put these balls in my MMr , I'm not sure if it was necessary or even recommended but as long as it does no harm than its ok i guess.

Silverjet Pinballs.jpgSilverjet Pinballs.jpg

#61 8 years ago

I can't believe you would steal from your own son.

And I quote: he absolutely loves more than anything else!

And also: My son will get over it in a few months or so!

A few months or so? Taking something he loves more than anything else for you Pinball Machine!

Letting him be bummed for a few months or so doesn't bother you or say you did something terribly wrong?

This is disgusting...

You need to go out right now mister, and get new ones for him!

Don't make us go Medieval on your ass!!!

#62 8 years ago

Yup had to give him the whole MMr to make him happy.

#63 8 years ago

Ha! I knew there had to be a catch to that. The casual way you described taking his toys was just a ruse to call out the Kid Squad!
Very funny! Ok you just went from Zero to Hero in an instant! Fun story though and you're both lucky!!

Have Fun!

Tom

#64 8 years ago

Man, it's quiet in MMR-Land.

#65 8 years ago

Teekee is resting.

#66 8 years ago

I will put some time on my MMR this week. My slings don't seem to hitting the playfield as hard as others. This remake is awesome.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

MMR Mirror Right.jpg

Loving the blades, looking for some pics, does anyone have one with a gold set? (For an origional, but im sure we can all be friends)

I hear what your saying too, its my kids favorate game as well! Love the drawbridge and that it has princesses in it

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Loving the blades, looking for some pics, does anyone have one with a gold set? (For an origional, but im sure we can all be friends)
I hear what your saying too, its my kids favorate game as well! Love the drawbridge and that it has princesses in it

i bought the gold set 2 years ago when i ordered the MMRLE

#69 8 years ago

The gold blades work very well. A very nice "subdued" look.
Please forgive me that it's not on a MMr.

DSCF5028.JPGDSCF5028.JPG

DSCF5031.JPGDSCF5031.JPG

DSCF5035.JPGDSCF5035.JPG

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Please forgive me that it's not on a MMr.

It looks gorgeous, so nice that I thought it was an MMr

#71 8 years ago

Actually, those look pretty good! I think a set is in my future

2 weeks later
#72 8 years ago

Does anyone know, roughly, how many total MMr's are being made (all trims)? I ordered one about 9 months ago and understand the wait...but if they've produced 250 so far and I'm 10,000th on the list, I'm going to get concerned. Is there a limit to the number TO BE produced or have they 'sold out'? Patient.

#73 8 years ago

They are making 1000 LEs.

#74 8 years ago

I was under the impression the LEs were all sold out. I see pinballsales.com is still selling them on their website.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I was under the impression the LEs were all sold out. I see pinballsales.com is still selling them on their website.

They were initially all pre-sold to distributors and pre-orders, but over the 2 years since then a lot of people have backed out.

#76 8 years ago

Gotcha

#77 8 years ago

I love my MMR, the LEDs look great, but in a lineup with Sterns it is noticeably darker and I play in the dark. My solution was to add 4 spots.

-Left sling facing up towards Trolls
-Right sling facing towards castle inserts/center
-In front of dragon facing towards dragon and center playfield/trolls
-Behind Merlin hole, facing Castle and also lighting up Merlin plastic

Huge difference. All the spots were attached to existing screws, wires run through playfield/plastic holes and attached to GI lights underneath. I used zip ties when I could, so overall it looks clean and like factory.

Best photo I could take, hard to take photos to capture light, but you can see the light added to the playfield:

IMG_1359.JPGIMG_1359.JPG

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I love my MMR, the LEDs look great, but in a lineup with Sterns it is noticeably darker and I play in the dark. My solution was to add 4 spots.

I only added a spot light above each sling on my MM, used 4 dual flex head leds under the sling and a 3SMD led strip by the ball drain area.

Before
before.jpgbefore.jpg

After with the dual flex head leds under each sling, I aim one straight up to illuminate the sling and the other sideways and towards the middle of the playfield. frolic, I assume this is why you have your right spot light over the sling pointed slightly downwards and towards the middle? I would also put in a better color temperature white bulb as your GI is more of a "warm" white and the spots are "cool" white making it look out of place.

after1.jpgafter1.jpg

Here is final pic with the spot lights added and using Comet's "best spotlight bulb" (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax-nr.htm)

after2.jpgafter2.jpg

You should check out my thread here on PBREV using a combination of leds from Comet Pinball here for all my other games with before and after pics.

http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/comet-pinball-additional-game-led-lighting.3133/

I added lighting behind the Merlin plastic too and you should also add in an LED under the left plastic below the catapult since it doesn't come lit from the factory.

left plastic.jpgleft plastic.jpg

http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/medieval-madness-additional-gi-joust-knight-mod-and-more.2312/

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

Does anyone know, roughly, how many total MMr's are being made (all trims)? I ordered one about 9 months ago and understand the wait...but if they've produced 250 so far and I'm 10,000th on the list, I'm going to get concerned. Is there a limit to the number TO BE produced or have they 'sold out'? Patient.

9 months...pffft, that's amateur! Most here are at almost 2 years!

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

The maximum number of LEs is 1000.
There is no cap on standards, pending sufficient demand.

#81 8 years ago

Someone in another thread mentioned adding a few washers to the Merlin hole mech, to create a deeper pocket reducing the ball bounces. I tried it and it works real good. Still the occasional ricochet, but overall more reliable Merlin shots. The washers were added between the playfield and the screws holding the mech, making the pocket a little bit deeper.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Someone in another thread mentioned adding a few washers to the Merlin hole mech, to create a deeper pocket reducing the ball bounces. I tried it and it works real good. Still the occasional ricochet, but overall more reliable Merlin shots. The washers were added between the playfield and the screws holding the mech, making the pocket a little bit deeper.

Was this to address the bounce outs to the right when shot into the Merlin scoop? I noticed that a lot when I played SuperPinball's MMR that it would do that about 80% of the time.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Was this to address the bounce outs to the right when shot into the Merlin scoop? I noticed that a lot when I played SuperPinball's MMR that it would do that about 80% of the time.

balls often bounce out of the Merlin hole on both the original and the remake.

#84 8 years ago

Yeah, that was a tip from an original mm owner.

#85 8 years ago

Has anyone tried washers and foam?

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Has anyone tried washers and foam?

And magnets, and a one way gate.

#87 8 years ago

I don't know if its a cheat but I'm simply going to leave the Merlin scoop alone because it allows me to complete all the different madnesses before I actually want to shoot it in Merlin scoop. If it really bugs me in the future I will add some dead soft foam to the back of the scoop. I think the addition of a few spot lights is a great Idea.

2 weeks later
#88 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-Left sling facing up towards Trolls
-Right sling facing towards castle inserts/center
-In front of dragon facing towards dragon and center playfield/trolls
-Behind Merlin hole, facing Castle and also lighting up Merlin plastic
Huge difference. All the spots were attached to existing screws, wires run through playfield/plastic holes and attached to GI lights underneath. I used zip ties when I could, so overall it looks clean and like factory.
Best photo I could take, hard to take photos to capture light, but you can see the light added to the playfield:
IMG_1359.JPG

Hi, Any chance you could take pics of where you made the wire connections to the GI wire? If you could tell me the wire color/banding you tapped into, I could use that too. Thanks. Your guys machines look great lit up. I hope I can do the same to mine.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Best photo I could take, hard to take photos to capture light.

This makes my head hurt.

#90 8 years ago

Anyone try PDI glass in their MMR yet? Does it fit nicely?

#91 8 years ago

I have to say, I am getting genuinely depressed about the MMR situation. I've had three or four fairly large events at our house this summer at which I had expected to feature the MMR. I have three more important events I want to schedule for this fall, including a fund raiser, and I keep putting them off in hopes that the MMR will magically appear.

#92 8 years ago

That's a bummer man.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am getting genuinely depressed about the MMR situation.

I am sorry for the delay. Games are moving again. And hopefully up to speed soon so people get their games.

LTG : )

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I have to say, I am getting genuinely depressed about the MMR situation. I've had three or four fairly large events at our house this summer at which I had expected to feature the MMR. I have three more important events I want to schedule for this fall, including a fund raiser, and I keep putting them off in hopes that the MMR will magically appear.

I know what you mean.

I'm seriously starting to consider selling my spot. Been paid in full for well over a year now. No word from PPS or JJP

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm seriously starting to consider selling my spot. Been paid in full for well over a year now. No word from PPS or JJP

As you know, I am in the same boat.

#96 8 years ago

I don't know what's more depressing, the slow progress or absolutely no visibility on when the pin might ship.
I was supposed to get my MMR in April/May and still waiting for any info on where I might be in the line or when it might actually ship. Of course no communication, so I feel everyone's frustration. If there was an easy way to bail out, I'd probably do that

#97 8 years ago

Hang in guys, it well worth it.

#98 8 years ago

Yay! I finally made it in the club!

// Error: Image 442002 not found //
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#99 8 years ago

Sweet welcome to the Club !!! Wow in Stainless too. I just bought some spotlights and will do the Frolic mod this weekend.

#100 8 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but is stainless similar to the original MMs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/2?hl=globalcop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.