IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 204.
#1351 7 years ago

I forgot to include this as an option too.
ebay.com link: NOS Bally Williams WPC 95 Pinball Machine Audio Visual Board New Free Shipping

definitely beaglebone black is a better option moving forward.

#1352 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

My sound board is screwed on my Judge Dredd. My option in a $350 pinsound board to replace it, and that's for the sound only. Too bad it didn't have a beaglebone black like in MMr, it would have been a quick easy and cheap swap and I'm done.

Send your sound board out to get fixed? Or you can get a nice used one for around 175- 200 if yours isnt fixable but it sld be .

#1353 7 years ago

I forgot to include this as an option too.
ebay.com link » Nos Bally Williams Wpc 95 Pinball Machine Audio Visual Board New Free Shipping
definitely beaglebone black is a better option moving forward.

Really? Lol thats not even a viable option and a freaking joke at best

#1354 7 years ago

By the way your jd sound board isnt a wpc 95 like i believe your implying?

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

By the way your jd sound board isnt a wpc 95 like i believe your implying?

wpc dcs

#1356 7 years ago

https://ksarcade.net/bally-williams-wpc-dcs-sound-a-16917-w-roms.html

Little bit cheaper but still to replace for a refurbished one at $350. My point is still valid, beagle bone is the way to go.

#1357 7 years ago

Your dcs soundboard sld be easily fixed for relativity cheap if you can do it or even sending it out, not sure y u need a new one? Not sure why were even talking about replacements for mmr? I have nothing against anything new but i just prefer being able to fix my current pins same day cheaply, instead of keeping full boardsets in stock for the newer spike system pins and other newer stuff. Im all for technology in newer pins to have more features and code but no need in my older pins. Good luck with your jd ....

#1358 7 years ago

My sound board is screwed on my Judge Dredd. My option in a $350 pinsound board to replace it, and that's for the sound only. Too bad it didn't have a beaglebone black like in MMr, it would have been a quick easy and cheap swap and I'm done.

Unless the board is truly messed up, it's usually repairable:
http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html
http://www.lockwhenlit.com/

#1359 7 years ago

Let the mayhem begin!! Top 100 is updated and guess who's on top by a wide margin. Of course, this is because of owners rating it... but it will be interesting to see how it gets beaten down over the coming weeks/months.

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Let the mayhem begin!! Top 100 is updated and guess who's on top by a wide margin. Of course, this is because of owners rating it... but it will be surprising to see how it gets beaten down over the coming weeks/months.

Wow, I really didn't expect that. I thought that there were going to be a bunch of ratings either 10's or 1's as people are quite polarized. Theoretically it should stabilize very slightly ahead of MM but slightly since its pretty much the same game just with the upgraded graphics and shaker. You are right, now that its on the top it is going to be a target.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Let the mayhem begin!! Top 100 is updated and guess who's on top by a wide margin.

Some games really ought to be grouped together to avoid this. For example, there's no reason why Addams Family / Addams Family Gold or Iron Man / Iron Man Vault should be ranked separately . Maybe the community should vote in these cases to judge if two machines are different enough to warrant separate rankings.

#1362 7 years ago

yeah I agree

#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Some games really ought to be grouped together to avoid this. For example, there's no reason why Addams Family / Addams Family Gold or Iron Man / Iron Man Vault should be ranked separately . Maybe the community should vote in these cases to judge if two machines are different enough to warrant separate rankings.

I agree. I have an MMR standard. The only difference between my game and the LE is the plaque, as I'm buying the shaker and installing it. But it will be listed as a separate game, with separate ratings because of a small piece of metal glued to the middle of the apron?

#1364 7 years ago

There were lots of posts and a few threads on pinside earlier discussing how to incorporate MMR into the Pinside database. It included moderators, etc. I have no idea how it got to the choices made (like many things on this forum lol,...just an observation). Will be entertaining though.

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

I agree. I have an MMR standard. The only difference between my game and the LE is the plaque, as I'm buying the shaker and installing it. But it will be listed as a separate game, with separate ratings because of a small piece of metal glued to the middle of the apron?

And black painted cabinet interior on the LE. Don't forget that.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Oh how could i forget, that totally justifies it's own ranking! /sarcasm off

They should be condensed into a single MMr, there is no valid reason for those to be separate, it's the same game.

#1367 7 years ago

Many LE owners bought stainless. No difference other than the sticker on the apron.

Seriously, they have stern LE and Premium games as one, and they have completely different looking cabs and backglasses. MMRLE has an extra decal on the apron - new game!!!

#1368 7 years ago

New door mod from Flip N Out.

IMG_2068 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPG

#1369 7 years ago

What is that???!

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

What is that???!

New laser cut backlit door made to replace the coin door

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

That's really cool!

#1372 7 years ago

Many LE owners bought stainless. No difference other than the sticker on the apron.
Seriously, they have stern LE and Premium games as one, and they have completely different looking cabs and backglasses. MMRLE has an extra decal on the apron - new game!!!

They are the same game. LE owners got a shaker motor, a metal plaque on the apron, and $200.00 off the color LCD upgrade...

#1373 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

WUT. IS. THAT.

WANT!!!!!!!

#1374 7 years ago

Seriously, how much, who do I have to kill, and where do I send the proceeds?

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Seriously, how much, who do I have to kill, and where do I send the proceeds?

These will be available soon in quantity. Check my website for pricing and details. flipnoutpinball.com. We will have some available at the Texas Pinball show I hope. Time consuming to build them. I have put them on Hobbit and this is the first one I installed on a MMR.
Had to make a few adjustments in the brackets in order to actuate the coin door switches.
The colors look better in person. Every time I take a pic the red shows up as more orange.
We should have some an AFM design there as well.

larry
flipnoutpinball.com

#1376 7 years ago

Looks nice would match great to this

IMG_7175 (resized).jpgIMG_7175 (resized).jpg

#1377 7 years ago

I thought it was an angry goat with the beard and horns...lol Still it's a cool idea.

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

They are the same game. LE owners got a shaker motor, a metal plaque on the apron, and $200.00 off the color LCD upgrade...

You are forgetting the real reason why the LE should be in its own class and have its own ratings..........plywood on the bottom! The standard editions or non-plys as they are referred to in the business simply dont have that plywood smell or taste and therefore changes the game to a completely different game. When you do BFTK, the King of Payne says " I will show you why I prefer plywood!". Yup, I could only imagine the suffering that the non-plys go through knowing that the bottom of their pinball cabinets are....well...not plywood.

#1379 7 years ago

You are forgetting the real reason why the LE should be in its own class and have its own ratings..........plywood on the bottom! The standard editions or non-plys as they are referred to in the business simply dont have that plywood smell or taste and therefore changes the game to a completely different game. When you do BFTK, the King of Payne says " I will show you why I prefer plywood!". Yup, I could only imagine the suffering that the non-plys go through knowing that the bottom of their pinball cabinets are....well...not plywood.

That's so stupid though, my non LE has plywood. So that one is lost on me, i'm missing the plaque and painted inside cabinet, but it's still a 5/8" plywood bottom.

#1380 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I thought it was an angry goat with the beard and horns...lol Still it's a cool idea.

Yeah i did not think it was a dragon either, i mean i assumed, but sure didn't look like a dragon to me.

#1381 7 years ago

My standard (#1018) has plywood on the bottom, and is painted inside. Only difference from an LE is no decal on the apron. Therefore it's a different game by pinsides rules

#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That's so stupid though, my non LE has plywood. So that one is lost on me, i'm missing the plaque and painted inside cabinet, but it's still a 5/8" plywood bottom.

I just thought of something. If you have a standard that has plywood but was supposed to have MDF then maybe it is an even more rare version of MMr like some kind of MMrSLE. I think we need to make another entry in the pinside ratings for those.

#1383 7 years ago

My standard (#1018) has plywood on the bottom, and is painted inside. Only difference from an LE is no decal on the apron. Therefore it's a different game by pinsides rules

Metal, not a decal

#1384 7 years ago

I just thought of something. If you have a standard that has plywood but was supposed to have MDF then maybe it is an even more rare version of MMr like some kind of MMrSLE. I think we need to make another entry in the pinside ratings for those.

haha, i promise you it's plywood as i have cut through it a few times now Had to make a larger hole for my subwoofer upgrade!

#1385 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

haha, i promise you it's plywood as i have cut through it a few times now Had to make a larger hole for my subwoofer upgrade!

Nice, I did the external sub route. Possible the best upgrade/mod that should be done to the game.

#1386 7 years ago

Nice, I did the external sub route. Possible the best upgrade/mod that should be done to the game.

That would have been cheaper, but that's not my style. My stuff is all over in the speaker upgrade thread. 8" sub in enclosure and then a amplifier powering it. Sounds awesome.

#1387 7 years ago

On the plus side you can now pimp the soundtrack and callouts to your heart's content.

#1388 7 years ago

They ALL have plywood bottoms. Trim, shaker, and metal emblem are the only differences...it's the same game. They should have the same top100 entry. It's just like a JJP game: no standard WOZ and ECLEWOZ and RRWOZ separated in the top100. That's because gameplay is identical. There should be just MM, which includes all versions of MM.

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I'm new to the club thread, but with the recent talk I did find out that standards were spec'd with mdf bottoms vs LE with plywood. Straight from PPS website,... https://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-faq/

#1390 7 years ago

Here is an early MMR unboxing video for anyone interested. Lots of love in it.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I'm new to the club thread, but with this talk I did find out that standards were spec'd with mdf bottoms. Straight from PPS.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-faq/

They were absolutely spec'd with mdf, but it has since been changed. Just like the shiny gold trim on the flyer became Gulden's mustard instead. Double clearcoat on LEs only went away too. All have double clearcoat.

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They were absolutely spec'd with mdf, but it has since been changed. Just like the shiny gold trim on the flyer became Gulden's mustard instead. Double clearcoat on LEs only went away too. All have double clearcoat.

That link identified clearcoat change to the standard machines, but not the MDF fwiw.

#1393 7 years ago

Maybe someone should petition Robin to lump the MMrLE with the standards unless the numbered plaque somehow changes the game.

#1394 7 years ago

Looking for help increasing the merlin hole kickout strength. I have adjusted the solenoid strength for generic solenoids in the CGC menu but it still takes many tries for the kickout to get the ball out. Was fine until I installed the mantis merlin hole protector, problematic ever since. I do not want to remove the mantis protector and it is in there as perfectly to design as possible. Anyone solve this? One thing I tried is that a pair of orange and white wires I had running underneath the solenoid bracket when I reinstalled it and I thought that was impeding the solenoid movement so I put it over the top of the solenoid where it should have been, Still problematic, sometimes 10 - 20 tries to kickout the ball. Thanks!

#1395 7 years ago

but it still takes many tries for the kickout to get the ball out.

Under the playfield. Left side of the whole assembly. Put a couple washers between playfield and assembly. Ball will kick out much better.

LTG : )

#1396 7 years ago

NIB MMR LE in da house, #965, gold trim.

Shipping was a little slower than the original estimate; got it yesterday evening and into the house. Set up went smooth and fairly painlessly. Pin looks spectacular and I love what I've seen in the play so far (a few games in).

'
'
'

IMG_2318 (resized).jpgIMG_2318 (resized).jpg

IMG_2321 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_2321 (2) (resized).jpg

#1397 7 years ago

Congrats dzoomer, what a spectacular pin, you and your family will get love it.

I'm in on AFMrLE, I wonder if Chicago Gaming would give the MMr owners a rebate if we buy one. Kind of like a customer appreciation rebate.

#1398 7 years ago

Congrats dzoomer, what a spectacular pin, you and your family will get love it.
I'm in on AFMrLE, I wonder if Chicago Gaming would give the MMr owners a rebate if we buy one. Kind of like a customer appreciation rebate.

Thx! Looks like you were on the mark with Starburst stock as discussed earlier; it appears that at #965, my pin was a late additional order. That was rather fortuitous.

Supposedly JJP early on did something similar to what you are wondering about with PPS/CGC. Follow through was zippo . Would be nice, but I'd be surprised if so.

#1399 7 years ago

i was wondering if the wider display from AFMR could be retro fitted to MMR?

#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i was wondering if the wider display from AFMR could be retro fitted to MMR?

I think it can but they need to upscale the graphics again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.