3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 203.
#1301 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I need to ask them but i think the numbers were all over the place.

I'll be interested in what you find out.

'
'

On a separate note, yup, looks like MMR LE will be appearing on the top 100 list Monday. Since the MMR links are on the bottom of the last page here are the links to review MMR game ratings and for people here to rate it if they wish.
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/medieval-madness-remake-le/ratings
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/medieval-madness-remake-standard/ratings
'
'
The MMR history on Pinside predates me here. While I was familiar with the MMR story starting around delivery I didn't know as much about the previous history. I have done a bit of reading and it is very interesting. MMR is the most successful pre-order pin ever that I am aware of. When MMR was officially offered for pre-sale the 1000 LE's available sold out in around 1.5 hrs. . With that success PPS decided to offer a standard version to fulfill the remaining demand.

The subsequent delays and issues reduced the enthusiasm for the release, which is pretty much a standard occurrence for every pinball pre-order experience on Pinside. A lot of time has transpired over the slow MMR release on Pinside; MMRs began hitting owners hands two years ago it appears. Since then, cue many new pinball machine releases and other manufacturer/pinside drama which has further eroded the the interest in the MMR offering.

Pity, because the owners have been just getting started in the last year with their enthusiasm for MMR in the club thread. I guess since MMR is a reissue as opposed to a new pin with new theme that the club thread has been slow. From what I can tell TWD started getting into owner hands around the same time as MMR (albeit MMR at a much slower drip) and the TWD club thread is over 3X as large. And TWD had A LOT of negative drama from the haters early on. I expect the MMR club thread to continue to gain activity and look forward it.

And with MMR production stopping shortly, I envision some resurgence in MMR interest on Pinside. That is why I ended up here. And imo, MMR has been flying under the radar on Pinside for a while.

While MMR seems to have fulfilled much of the interest in owning a new version of the #1 rated pinball machine, the availability was only during a snapshot in time. Now that supply will be gone, it is reasonable to expect future interest in owning an MMR will increase over time. Seems to me that MMR is a win for the pinball community and for owners. I just checked MMR LE's in the marketplace and even at this point only three were for sale; the cheapest used MMR LE had tentatively sold with an advertised price $8550 and the others were higher and into the $9k+ range. At MSRP or higher.

Enough banter from me on this post. Just wanted to share some discussion.

#1302 7 years ago

I feel very lucky to have ordered my MMR LE in September of 2016 and received it less than 2 weeks later at my doorstep. Missed all the pre-order/delays issues that is so talked about. I had my FT for about 12 years before buying my 2nd pin (MMR) and discovering pinside. After that, the itch became unmanageable!!

#1303 7 years ago

I was one of the first to get my MMr and back then it was ground zero for all the hostilities regarding MMr. Many had originals that dropped dramatically due to the release of MMr and the only thing they could do was incessantly slam MMr in the hopes that it would lose credibility. They would pick the most minuscule of things which can typically be found on any NIB. Then there were the barrage of names like "refake" and "feels like a toy" and "doesn't play like the original" etc. I have never seen any other new release receive so much hostility. I used to defend MMr but found that it's best to simply ignore.

At the time, it seemed that every thread that had MMr in the title was a hotbed of controversy.The same group of people seemed to gravitate to them and repeat the same garbage over and over. I created this thread as a safe haven to really discuss all things MMr from an owners perspective and share some great ideas in its modification.

#1304 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I feel very lucky to have ordered my MMR LE in September of 2016 and received it less than 2 weeks later at my doorstep. Missed all the pre-order/delays issues that is so talked about.

Just found out my MMR LE already shipped with an ETA of Monday. I know what you mean.

I was one of the first to get my MMr and back then it was ground zero for all the hostilities regarding MMr. Many had originals that dropped dramatically due to the release of MMr and the only thing they could do was incessantly slam MMr in the hopes that it would lose credibility. They would pick the most minuscule of things which can typically be found on any NIB. Then there were the barrage of names like "refake" and "feels like a toy" and "doesn't play like the original" etc. I have never seen any other new release receive so much hostility. I used to defend MMr but found that it's best to simply ignore.
At the time, it seemed that every thread that had MMr in the title was a hotbed of controversy.The same group of people seemed to gravitate to them and repeat the same garbage over and over. I created this thread as a safe haven to really discuss all things MMr from an owners perspective and share some great ideas in its modification.

Ya, I forgot about how MMR took some of MM's lunch, so to speak,... and the resultant effects. That would obviously cause huge antagonism on Pinside, based on how some members behave . And MMR was definitely a unique pin in that way (i.e., a big new release of an already well produced and loved pin). It will be interesting to see how the AFMR experience goes. I don't think it will be as crazy as MMR, being a #2 release helps most of that, but I could be wrong. I remember the refake thing, and such behaviour migrating to walking dud, goatf'ers, etc., same crowd and same story.

I find all the extreme constant and significant negativity really wears a person down. That is one of the main reasons why MMR hit the back burner for me. Easier to avoid, and that meant reading up on the newer pins.

The club thread fixes that and time moves on. I look forward to the MMR community.

#1305 7 years ago

Im very glad mmr was made so people cld enjoy this awesome pin . It also brought down the original mm price some, which was great for me bc now im able to own a restored original with lots of mods for not much more than mmr was. Thax pps

#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I feel very lucky to have ordered my MMR LE in September of 2016 and received it less than 2 weeks later at my doorstep. Missed all the pre-order/delays issues that is so talked about. I had my FT for about 12 years before buying my 2nd pin (MMR) and discovering pinside. After that, the itch became unmanageable!!

I gotta ask, is FT easier than MMR? I cannot remember how literally easy/difficult MMR is. Been going on an educated guess.

#1307 7 years ago

Finally got my LED strip wired into GI lighting and working correctly. Took a short video to show that (it's pretty damn cool i think) and also show the Color HD upgrade.

This was a horrible game, but shows off the LED lighting, the trolls with LED eyes and the HD display. Destroyed a castle, got trolls, rescued a Damsel, so at least you can see a few of the animations. Only the first 2 balls.Enjoy!

#1308 7 years ago

Getting there...

20170311_143837 (resized).jpg20170311_143837 (resized).jpg

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Getting there...

Be careful with how bright they are. I have the pinwize ones... i had to put in 100k resisters to get them at a brightness level i was ok with and didn't blind you. I wanted the eyes lit, but i still wanted to be able to see the trolls.

Easy enough to add resisters to dim them down.

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Be careful with how bright they are. I have the pinwize ones... i had to put in 100k resisters to get them at a brightness level i was ok with and didn't blind you. I wanted the eyes lit, but i still wanted to be able to see the trolls.
Easy enough to add resisters to dim them down.

Thanks. They look a bit brighter in the pic. Hopefully they wont be too bright on the game

#1311 7 years ago

Hopefully the doorman to this club won't bounce my ass out, as I don't have an actual machine yet, but I did purchase the original painting used to create the backglass, so hopefully you guys will let me use that as a ticket and stick around. Would have been cheaper to just buy a machine! Gotta get it framed, but here it is for now.

Love all the great machines on this thread, and bucketlisting it to get one

http://i.imgur.com/LshYTr2.jpg

#1312 7 years ago

oops double post

#1313 7 years ago

triple post. sigh

#1314 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Hopefully the doorman to this club won't bounce my ass out, as I don't have an actual machine yet, but I did purchase the original painting used to create the backglass, so hopefully you guys will let me use that as a ticket and stick around. Would have been cheaper to just buy a machine! Gotta get it framed, but here it is for now.

Don't worry, I will speak to the doorman about making an exception in your case by allowing that really cool artwork as admission.

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Really cool. Thx for sharing. Join the club officially soon!

'
'

Anyone got an answer on my earlier FT question? (Fish Tales, previous post)

#1316 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I gotta ask, is FT easier than MMR? I cannot remember how literally easy/difficult MMR is. Been going on an educated guess.

While i love ft ...it's very simple compared to mm. Ft can be difficult but has no where near the shots or rules of mm.

#1317 7 years ago

Don't worry, I will speak to the doorman about making an exception in your case by allowing that really cool artwork as admission.

Woot!

#1318 7 years ago

Got my MMR a few weeks ago! I can only have 1 machine in my place so it had to be this. My kids love it.

I made a few mods for it as well.

Interactive Under-cab Lighting

Backpanel

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

That's a strange and difficult question to answer and might be better served in a separate thread where you can get Fish Tale owners to chime in. The games are very different.

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

That's a strange and difficult question to answer and might be better served in a separate thread where you can get Fish Tale owners to chime in. The games are very different.

Good to mention it. I've been chewing on the ambiguous nature of my question almost since I posted. Even before you asked, I further postulated it into more specifically, two parts.

1. How hard is MM or MMR to finish the game overall, as in all the modes / complete the game compared to Fish Tales?

2. How hard are they as in how comparable are the average ball times or total average game times? Is the average game time or ball time of MM longer, similar or even shorter than Fish Tales?

Any more specifics on your decisions above always appreciated.

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Really cool. Thx for sharing. Join the club officially soon!
'
'

Hey dzoomer... just got back to pinside tonight after playing in a tourney all day. Personally, FT seems a bit easier, but with the lightning flippers and open outlanes, it can be setup quite difficult in it's own right. As others have said, the ruleset is a bit simpler, although I wouldn't classify MM or MMR as having a complex ruleset either.

Interestingly enough, Steve Bowden on his Fun With Bonus website has an article about FT having one of the most difficult multiballs in all of pinball. http://funwithbonus.com/the-hardest-multiball-in-the-hobby-video/ ... I definitely agree if you have the popup target to reset after every locked ball in the casters club.

Personally, if you like the gameplay of MMR, you'll probably like the gameplay of FT... they're both decently fast flow games.

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Good to mention it. I've been chewing on the ambiguous nature of my question almost since I posted. Even before you asked, I further postulated it into more specifically, two parts.
1. How hard is MM or MMR to finish the game overall, as in all the modes / complete the game compared to Fish Tales?
2. How hard are they as in how comparable are the average ball times or total average game times? Is the average game time or ball time of MM longer, similar or even shorter than Fish Tales?

Posted my last note before seeing this one. FT doesn't have a final wizard mode so to speak comparable to BFTK. To "finish" the game, you basically try to get all of the multiballs and associated jackpots. As noted in my previous post it's difficult to do this and I personally have never gotten close to "finishing" FT... again, skill level considered (me being a solid B player), I also haven't finished BFTK, but have gotten within a few shots on a few occasions.

Game times on my FT are almost always shorter than a long drive towards BFTK in MMR, but compared to newer tougher games like Ironman, game times are an eternity on both.

#1323 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

No need, I'm both an MMr and a FT owner.

FT has a very shallow ruleset. Lock 3 balls in the casters club to initiate multiball. While in multiball, put one ball in casters club to light super jackpot. If successful you become the "master" of freshwater fishing. Repeat to be the master of tropical and repeat again for deep sea. Once master of all 3 you become worlds greatest angler (wizard mode). There is a super jackpot which is the ball in the center of the pf that is worth 100 million a shot. That's basically it. You can achieve the wizard in about 5 minutes. It has a cool video mode and if you shoot the ramps with lit fish six times you get a shot at the monster fish hurry up for 20 mil. Some other minor elements remain such as rock the boat and feeding frenzy but not even close to the ruleset of MMr.

I have owned FT for one year and have achieved the worlds greatest angler at least a dozen times. I owned MMr for two years and did BFTK twice only.

Hope that answers the question.

#1324 7 years ago

Some great feedback from both of you. Thx. A bit conflicting, (interestingly), but only a bit. Your first post Pinzap was probably more helpful than the second, even before you found my more detailed question, which reminds me of why I should strive for open ended questions first. At this point, it sounds like MMR will be about as hard as I was roughly expecting. (which is good because I didn't research that part much).

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Some great feedback from both of you. Thx. A bit conflicting, (interestingly), but only a bit.

I'm guessing the conflict comes from our respective skill levels. What's interesting to me is that Steve Bowden (top 10 player in the world) finds the multiball in FT to be maybe the toughest in all of pinball yet SuperPinball would most certainly disagree.

I also have to remind myself that my skill level has increased since I first bought FT (which was when I played it more often). I'll have to go back and attempt to get to Worlds Greatest Angler. I enjoy trying for these different challenges... it's why I love this hobby!

#1326 7 years ago

If you master the backhand shot to the casters club, getting to world's greatest angler is a much easier task. Actually if you can do everything perfectly its 3 shots to casters club then one shot to casters to light jackpot then one shot to left ramp to collect. Do one more shot to casters then left ramp to collect then one last shot to casters then left ramp to collect and bam, wizard mode in 9 shots total.The real difficulty is staying in multiball. Wizard mode is not really a mode but more like an opportunity for super jackpot simply hitting the captive ball on the center of pf. Although a relatively simple game, FT is still a very fun game overall.

#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm guessing the conflict comes from our respective skill levels. What's interesting to me is that Steve Bowden (top 10 player in the world) finds the multiball in FT to be maybe the toughest in all of pinball yet SuperPinball would most certainly disagree.
I also have to remind myself that my skill level has increased since I first bought FT (which was when I played it more often). I'll have to go back and attempt to get to Worlds Greatest Angler. I enjoy trying for these different challenges... it's why I love this hobby!

Yup. The details matter, which explains the differences. I'm ingesting it and it makes sense (as well as confirming my early estimates on play, at least thus far).

And yes, go back to FT. New games take most of my attention as well but that makes it more fun when I get back to my older games. I learned some new FT stuff myself here (lol @ MMR threads being great). As I mentioned earlier, TWD really made me a better player, and FT opened up a lot more to me when I want back to it.

Cheers.

#1328 7 years ago

If you master the backhand shot to the casters club, getting to world's greatest angler is a much easier task. Actually if you can do everything perfectly its 3 shots to casters club then one shot to casters to light jackpot then one shot to left ramp to collect. Do one more shot to casters then left ramp to collect then one last shot to casters then left ramp to collect and bam, wizard mode in 9 shots total.The real difficulty is staying in multiball. Wizard mode is not really a mode but more like an opportunity for super jackpot simply hitting the captive ball on the center of pf. Although a relatively simple game, FT is still a very fun game overall.

Left ramp to collect? mine is left orbit into the kick out.

#1329 7 years ago

Speaker lights turned out nice!

IMG_2067 (resized).JPGIMG_2067 (resized).JPG

IMG_2068 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPG

IMG_2069 (resized).JPGIMG_2069 (resized).JPG

#1330 7 years ago

nice speaker mod

i will laser some Knight emblem for it

and will also install leds

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Left ramp to collect? mine is left orbit into the kick out.

Yes left orbit. The left (monster fish) orbit to be precise. Momentary brain fart.

Quoted from Rock914:

Nice job Rock! Is that mod available for purchase?

#1332 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Nice. Is it color changing or just one specific color?

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Nice. Is it color changing or just one specific color?

User can adjust color via inline remote. Several colors, modes, speed and brightness adjustments.

This and many other mods are available on my Pinside shop https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball

#1334 7 years ago

After all this I am realizing. I need An mmr for my second pin.
I'm going to get the mmr not original if possible. someday, anyways...

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

1. Medieval Madness is more difficult, with more objectives to finish, leading up to the wizard mode. Fish Tales is more about getting a high score, mostly by hitting the 100,000,000 jackpot as often as possible before draining, although this is much easier in theory than in practice. Most people will hit the Fish Tales 100,000,000 jackpot at least once before reaching the final wizard in Medieval Madness.
2. Medieval Madness has generally longer ball times. Fish Tales has shorter ball times but has a bit more of an adrenaline rush to it.

These are both fun games and well regarded.

#1336 7 years ago

Stop talking about FT in the MMr thread

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

After all this I am realizing. I need An mmr for my second pin.
I'm going to get the mmr not original if possible. someday, anyways...

I see absolutely no point in owning an original. Gameplay is the same and modern electronics with MMr, not to mention cheaper.

#1338 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Looks neat, but good way to add more glare! Stands out considerably in your photos.

#1339 7 years ago

20170311_180747 (resized).jpg20170311_180747 (resized).jpg

#1340 7 years ago

That looks stunning. Nice job.

#1341 7 years ago

Did you wire them to flash or anything? Or just on when the trolls pop up?

Mine just come up with the trolls, been debating about rewiring to flash when hit.

#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Did you wire them to flash or anything? Or just on when the trolls pop up?
Mine just come up with the trolls, been debating about rewiring to flash when hit.

Just when they pop up. I bought the Pinbits kit. Time consuming, for me anyway, but I like the way they look.

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Just when they pop up. I bought the Pinbits kit. Time consuming, for me anyway, but I like the way they look.

How much was the pinbits kit? I assume you had to install then?

I have the pinwize kit, it was a touch over $120 i think, but all i had to do was swap the trolls. The wiring, LED's etc are all top notch. Even have epoxy over the LED's so they aren't directly exposed to ball contact. My only complaint was that they were STUPID bright, but that was remedied VERY easily with some resisters.

#1344 7 years ago

Oh, i will add the Pinwize kit, the trolls are touched up with some nice touches and clear coated. The difference between the stock ones and the new ones was night/day.

#1345 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

How much was the pinbits kit? I assume you had to install then?
I have the pinwize kit, it was a touch over $120 i think, but all i had to do was swap the trolls. The wiring, LED's etc are all top notch. Even have epoxy over the LED's so they aren't directly exposed to ball contact. My only complaint was that they were STUPID bright, but that was remedied VERY easily with some resisters.

14 bucks for the pinbits kit. It took me a few hours to do it. i actually screwed up 4 of the 6 lights that came with the kit. They gave 2 extras just in case. Guess they didn't anticipate someone like me working on it! I found those leds in my picture in my toolbox. They worked out perfect.
I did have to solder everything but everything was included. Diodes, wire, leds, etc

#1346 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I see absolutely no point in owning an original. Gameplay is the same and modern electronics with MMr, not to mention cheaper.

Both have good and bad things about them. I waited to get a restored original bc ican work on the boards , change the leds, blackout mod for backbix is a great addition that u cant do on mmr and i like willians stuff lol.
However i love the color upgrade on mmr and the shaker . Im just glad more were made so everyone can enjoy. I actually dont carr for the modern electronics . If i have issues i can swap boards between machines and fix the old stuff if i ever have a issue ....new stuff not so much lol

#1347 7 years ago

I could be wrong but wouldn't swapping out a beaglebone black be cheaper than buying new Rottendog boards for the originals? I wish Rick could chime in with a price.

#1348 7 years ago

I could be wrong but wouldn't swapping out a beaglebone black be cheaper than buying new Rottendog boards for the originals? I wish Rick could chime in with a price.

Its really easy to fix most original wpc95 boards cheap so no reason to replace them. Im curious about replacements of the newer mmr boards down the road also ......

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Both have good and bad things about them. I waited to get a restored original bc ican work on the boards , change the leds, blackout mod for backbix is a great addition that u cant do on mmr and i like willians stuff lol.
However i love the color upgrade on mmr and the shaker . Im just glad more were made so everyone can enjoy. I actually dont carr for the modern electronics . If i have issues i can swap boards between machines and fix the old stuff if i ever have a issue ....new stuff not so much lol

I can do board work as well. However there are some things hopefully we'll see with time that there is no way you can do on the old machine. The programming is far more advanced.

Converting LED's just isn't the same, the incandescent mode is amazing, I didn't know what I was missing until I saw it on MMr.

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its really easy to fix most original wpc95 boards cheap so no reason to replace them. Im curious about replacements of the newer mmr boards down the road also ......

My sound board is screwed on my Judge Dredd. My option in a $350 pinsound board to replace it, and that's for the sound only. Too bad it didn't have a beaglebone black like in MMr, it would have been a quick easy and cheap swap and I'm done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 85.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
20,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 26.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.