It looks like I'm getting a nib MMR LE.
Best nib pin available right now for me. I've had my eye on MMR for a while but was in no rush to buy. When the last call for MMR orders was communicated recently (production ending) and AFMR was confirmed that spurred me to finally decide to get the MMR.
MM and MMR have been the only pin on my wishlist here and for a long time, so this has been percolating for a while.
At least being at the end I know the whole MMR story here; been following this thread for a long time. As for the machine itself, I like what I've seen.
I'm supposedly getting the last MMR LE in stock at Starburst. No fuss no muss is the way. I went LE since I wanted the shaker and the discount on the high res dmd color upgrade is significant.
Why did I personally chose MMR?
1. Theme. Knights, kings, trolls and dragons in the middle ages are awesome with huge appeal. And I have no pin in this very popular genre.
2. I love what I see on the pf and for play. Great toys. With this pin I think I have the top two toys in pinball (or at least two of the top toys) in my collection now.
3. I haven't played MM in twenty years, and didn't much back then either. This pin will be new to me in play and feel, just like any other new release pinball machine.
4. I expect it to fit nicely into my collection. I like a mix of pin playing styles, and prefer in my collection to have more pins that are harder and deeper. It should slot nicely in between TWD (hard and short games) and POTC (easier and long games) which are by far my most played games.
5. Hard to find locally and should hold its value well.
Time to join the MMR community.
Any ownership advice is appreciated. I need to do some reading up on that history. I'm familiar with the basics of MM pf protection options and basic mods.