image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 205.
#1201 7 years ago

I have had the game for 16 months. ~800 total plays on the machine. BFTK 4 or 5 times. Beaten it once.

#1202 7 years ago

Never gotten there. Had it since 2015! I think that means I'm not very good at pinball...

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Awesome to hear some of you have completed it. Pretty exciting, and hopefully one day I'll get there. No rush.
Excuse my n00b question, but what is multi all save, and how do you use it?
And lastly, I have the tilt bell on. Do you guys use one? I imagine getting to BFTK would be a lot more viable being able to nudge the machine.

multi-ball ball-save is the short period at the start of any multiball mode where the game will automatically throw any drained balls back into play. this is an ideal time to go for the riskiest shots, such as the castle gate or trolls, since it doesn't actually cost you a ball.

with the tilt bob attached, you should still be able to nudge the game, just not super hard. also, the game gives you two warnings before it tilts. the lower you have the bob attached to the pole, the more generous the tilt will be. lower is easier. higher up is more sensitive. you should have it tuned to your taste. in general, you SHOULD be able to nudge the game enough to affect a ball when it hits something, but you should NOT be able to throw the game around a lot without incurring the wrath of the tilt.

learning to nudge effectively is a huge part of pinball. there's an old saying, "if you're not tilting, you're not trying". the best players nudge often and hard enough that they are constantly close to tilting.

here's a good article on it, and the video shows a typical placement for a tilt bob:

https://howdoipinball.com/2015/06/01/if-youre-not-tilting-youre-not-trying/

#1204 7 years ago

Definitely agree that I'll have to learn how to nudge?

So to add onto my question, has anyone completed BFTK without nudging?

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Definitely agree that I'll have to learn how to nudge?
So to add onto my question, has anyone completed BFTK without nudging?

Nobody has ever got to BFTK without nudging. I bet you even nudge and don't notice.

#1206 7 years ago

hi, every once and a while lately, when i power up my game, the draw bridge starts going crazy till i shut off the game and restart it, but then once its cycled it self and is ready to play the ball launch won't work, and i have to replace the 6.3 amp fuse in the lower power box, to make things function properly again then its fine till whenever, has anyone else had this issue?
thanks shawn

#1207 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK?

I've done it about 5 times on my MMR with 410 plays. Everything at default. Was able to do it twice in one game once. I was high AF and everything was just clicking. I think I ended up with 430 million or so. I thought I'd never want to play it again after that but it's still a lot of fun.

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK?
I have destroyed all castles but the final one once or twice, but did not have any of the other requirements completed. I also once reached Royal Madness, but again, didn't have anything else completed to get close to BFTK.
I've only owned the game for a month, and prior to that, I hadn't played pinball in almost 2 decades, and only ever played stuff on consoles.
From where I stand now, it seems impossible to ever reach BFTK.
Just curious to hear about your experiences.
Cheers

Not sure why, maybe its the backglass king and BFTK has BK in it, but whenever I see BFTK written I think of the burger king commercial's grinning king stealing the football. 60ish plays on MMR Standard and no BFTK yet, top score only 48-49 million so far.

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

60ish plays on MMR Standard and no BFTK yet, top score only 48-49 million so far.

Boy do you have a long way to go. I think you need a minimum of at least 150 mil to BFTK. I've had mine for almost 2 years with well over 1000 plays and did it only once on standard settings.

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK

I've beat BFTK 27 times now. Averaging about once a week sometimes twice. 3 times now I've gotten through BFTK 2 times and close to a 3rd time once in one game but never beat it twice in one game. To me it never gets old. When I'm at the end trying to beat it my heart still races and hands are shaking:)Still enjoying it as much as the day I opened it up!!! Such a great game

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

I've beat BFTK 27 times now. Averaging about once a week sometimes twice. 3 times now I've gotten through BFTK 2 times and close to a 3rd time once in one game but never beat it twice in one game. To me it never gets old. When I'm at the end trying to beat it my heart still races and hands are shaking:)Still enjoying it as much as the day I opened it up!!! Such a great game

sounds like you REALLY need to open up those outlanes, and turn off extra balls.

#1212 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sounds like you REALLY need to open up those outlanes, and turn off extra balls.

Ha I would but when the wife, kids, and friends are playing I want them to enjoy the pins and I don't wanna have to constantly be flipping the playfields up putting the outlanes back and adjusting the settings for extra balls back. Would be a big hassle. So I leave them on factory settings

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

INSANE! What would it take to get you to film one of your games and upload it to Youtube?

Would love to see your strategy and game style. Tonight I was just playing around trying to figure out how to control things a bit. Seems to work when I let the ball eject from the caste, roll down to the left flipper, bounce over and catch on the right flipper, and send a shot to the castle. Had one game where I destroyed 3 castles quickly, almost perfectly putting every shot right at it. Then my age went to shit.

Trying to find a way to calm things down and take out the castle. Then I guess I'll have to figure out a strategy for everything else.

Game seriously has me determined to beat it one day!

#1214 7 years ago

Just got my new MMR delivered yesterday. Got it set up.
Here is what I got. I checked EVERYTHING in the backbox and the under the playfield, multiple times. No dice.
Not happy. HELP !!!

IMG_3500 (resized).JPGIMG_3500 (resized).JPG

IMG_3499 (resized).JPGIMG_3499 (resized).JPG

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Here is what I got.

There is an ethernet cable running along the side of the huge board below the playfield and plugs into the bottom of it. Please unplug it and plug it back in and push real tight.

LTG : )

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is an ethernet cable running along the side of the huge board below the playfield and plugs into the bottom of it. Please unplug it and plug it back in and push real tight.

Yes sir, I have tried that a number of times, on both ends of the cable. No change.
BTW, CR 10 is red on the board in the backbox, and CR 8 is flashing green. The other LEDs on the board are solid green.

#1217 7 years ago

maybe try a different ethernet cable?

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

maybe try a different ethernet cable?

will any ethernet cable work?

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Yes sir, I have tried that a number of times, on both ends of the cable. No change.
BTW, CR 10 is red on the board in the backbox, and CR 8 is flashing green. The other LEDs on the board are solid green.

Which according to the manual sounds normal. CR 8 flashes green while booting.

#1220 7 years ago

There seems to be a lot of play at the connection point on both ends. Don't want to jack up the boards, but I did push them in pretty well....nothing.

#1221 7 years ago

It doesn't look like J5 is plugged in fully in the backboard. When you re-plugged it, did the connector click into the housing?

Marc

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It doesn't look like J5 is plugged in fully in the backboard. When you re-plugged it, did the connector click into the housing?
Marc

Hi Marc, yes the picture looks like it's not quite in all the way, but it is. I had removed the screw holding it in to make sure I was getting it in all the way.

#1223 7 years ago

Can't seem to find this information anywhere.. can someone tell me, did PPS/CGC repair the insert issue that plagued the early MMR machines? If yes did they repair the playfield or do something under playfield to remedy it (assuming they didnt just start shipping with diffuser kits).

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Can't seem to find this information anywhere.. can someone tell me, did PPS/CGC repair the insert issue that plagued the early MMR machines? If yes did they repair the playfield or do something under playfield to remedy it (assuming they didnt just start shipping with diffuser kits).

Really good question! Bkaelin did your game come with the diffuser "fix" already installed? If not how do the inserts look, are they readable when lit?

#1225 7 years ago

So I was thinking about buying one of these until I saw all of the issues with the clear. Did they every fix whatever was the issue? Will Inbe ok, if I buy a Standard?

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

an't seem to find this information anywhere.. can someone tell me, did PPS/CGC repair the insert issue that plagued the early MMR machines?

Not that it really matters, but it wasn't the early machines that had light print. It was further along, I'm guessing in the second batch of playfields that were run.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So I was thinking about buying one of these until I saw all of the issues with the clear.

What issues are you referring to? My game has been on location for 1.75 years and the playfield looks great with no clearcoat issues.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

What issues are you referring to? My game has been on location for 1.75 years and the playfield looks great with no clearcoat issues.

This made the rounds recently. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-the-entire-life-of-a-medieval-madness-remake/page/2

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This made the rounds recently.

Thanks. I hadn't been following that since I see mine's progression pretty much every day. I have protectors on the catapult, moat, etc. I have a small amount of chipping at the outhole, but nothing I'd consider unusual. And I have a little bit of chipping up around the back of the moat, but again nothing that seems out of line. The rest of the playfield looks great, probably better than most of my other games after thousands of plays.

Seems like with the clear that is currently being used there should not be any sharp edges. Bevel everything a little bit.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Really good question! Bkaelin did your game come with the diffuser "fix" already installed? If not how do the inserts look, are they readable when lit?

My game inserts look awesome. no diffusers that I know of, but the print is dark/solid and looks great. My game was built December 27, 2016.

#1230 7 years ago

By the way, I tried switching out the CAT 5 cable, hoping that would get the game going. Nope. Not the cable.

#1231 7 years ago

bkaelin please open a support ticked at Chicago-Gaming.com if you haven't already.

Marc

#1232 7 years ago

Mine is holding up nicely!

20170226_122212 (resized).jpg20170226_122212 (resized).jpg

#1233 7 years ago

I put all 10 Pinbits plastic protectors on my MMR. Has anyone noticed or determined why the plastic is missing (left side of castle shot where the yellow troll counter switch is) from MMR that was on MM? Pinbits has a protector for it but its just bare metal no plastic. Will an MM plastic fit here? Not sure why PPS\CGC left this off the MMR...

#1234 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I put all 10 Pinbits plastic protectors on my MMR. Has anyone noticed or determined why the plastic is missing (left side of castle shot where the yellow troll counter switch is) from MMR that was on MM? Pinbits has a protector for it but its just bare metal no plastic. Will an MM plastic fit here? Not sure why PPS\CGC left this off the MMR...

Wasn't on MM either. Some people made a plastic for that spot over the stainless steel guide, some even figured a way to light it. So Pinbits made a protector for it.

#1235 7 years ago

Am I seeing this right?

If you have a MMR Standard, the cost for the color upgrade chip is $399, but if you have the LE, it's $199???

See: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-HDC-LE

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Am I seeing this right?
If you have a MMR Standard, the cost for the color upgrade chip is $399, but if you have the LE, it's $199???
See: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-HDC-LE

yes you are right!

#1237 7 years ago

$399 for a chip is ridiculous. I understand the cost is in the labor but color dmd sells the hardware and software for the same price.

Not to mention I already spent $8,000 with your company........

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

$399 for a chip is ridiculous. I understand the cost is in the labor but color dmd sells the hardware and software for the same price.

Everything was redrawn into higher resolution, couple that with a relatively low run compared to almost all of the original Bally/Williams and the cost per unit is up there. If there were 21000 MMr's sold, than the cost would be probably 20 dollars/game.
Not to take anything away from the great work that ColorDMD does but what they do is colorize the same low resolution images that the game comes in.

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I understand that it did cost a bit for them to redraw everything, so I don't mind paying something and $200 seemed reasonable. I might have been more reluctant if it was the $400 standard owners would have to pay. I will say that it did increase my game's earnings, so the $200 cost was well worth it in my case.

#1240 7 years ago

Have a question for all you owners. When the ball ejects from the left side of the castle (say after entering the moat) and it comes down the left side, does your ball go directly down to the left flipper, or does it occasionally hit the left slingshot?

When I first set up the game, I'm positive it was coming straight down. But now that I've adjusted the slant to 6.5 degrees, it seems to be inconsistent.

Just curious... Thanks

#1241 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Have a question for all you owners. When the ball ejects from the left side of the castle (say after entering the moat) and it comes down the left side, does your ball go directly down to the left flipper, or does it occasionally hit the left slingshot?
When I first set up the game, I'm positive it was coming straight down. But now that I've adjusted the slant to 6.5 degrees, it seems to be inconsistent.
Just curious... Thanks

Mine always comes down to left flipper.

#1243 7 years ago

I will tell you this... mine seems to be EXTREMELY sensitive to not only playfield angle, but also the horizontal (left to right) leveling. Mine is on carpet on some sliding coasters and whenever I pull it out of the lineup for cleaning and maintenance, if I don't get it back in the same spot and leveled really well, I get behavior like you are referring to.

#1244 7 years ago

Interesting - mine used to roll perfectly to the left flipper, but now the ball often taps the left sling and straight down the drain. I'm on carpet with coasters too - time to break out the level and see what's up.

#1245 7 years ago

Keep in mind that you need to occasionally recheck the level of the playfield every so often especially when you notice these behavioral differences.

#1246 7 years ago

I hit the slingshot sometimes. I should re-check the level soon.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

It's amazing. My buddy was skeptical as well until he saw it on mine. If you spent 8k, what's another 400 for awesomeness. It's not just a color mod, the graphics are redone.

#1248 7 years ago

Will the chip be offered on new machines?

#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

By the way, I tried switching out the CAT 5 cable, hoping that would get the game going. Nope. Not the cable.

When I would reseat this power connector to the pcb my game would clear the hardware error and work fine. The error continued to happen sporadically so cgc sent me a new pcb and the game works fine now.

20170207_184850 (resized).jpg20170207_184850 (resized).jpg

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So I was thinking about buying one of these until I saw all of the issues with the clear. Did they every fix whatever was the issue? Will Inbe ok, if I buy a Standard?

My playfield looks beutiful Nick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.