image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 205.
#1151 7 years ago

If it is where you are pointing ( on top), then there is little danger of damaging the side decals, 800 grit sandpaper on a sanding block should do the trick. remove the glass first because in that position you will scratch it.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Blurry pics but here is a new topper I made for my mmr with ebay armor, chainmail, plastic skull and LEDs. I have a flame LED light mounted on the back of the cabinet head. The whole thing is constructed on a 2 x 6 painted black and it just sits up there without any hardware as its on the heavy side and the armor hugs the machine.

That totally rocks!! Congrats on the build, very nice work!!!!

#1153 7 years ago

Just curious to know where you guys have your game levelled at. Haven't adjusted mine since I brought it home and initially set up, but I'm thinking it might need some adjustments:

pin_level (resized).jpegpin_level (resized).jpeg

#1154 7 years ago

One other question for MMr owners... Is it just me, or are the side drains on this game just relentless? Seem to get a bad bounce and the ball is gone!

Also, off my right flipper, if I send a shot to the castle gate, there is a very good chance that it hit and bounces right back for a drain down the middle.

I've only had the game a few weeks, and my highest score is 75 million. Based on the leader boards, I'm doing pretty horribly. What score do you guys usually put up on average?

#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One other question for MMr owners... Is it just me, or are the side drains on this game just relentless? Seem to get a bad bounce and the ball is gone!

You can adjust the post to narrow the outlane if it feels like a drain monster. Every machine seems to be different. For reasons unclear to me, one MM will seem OK, but another MM will seem like a drain-monster.

Quoted from Damien:

I've only had the game a few weeks, and my highest score is 75 million. Based on the leader boards, I'm doing pretty horribly. What score do you guys usually put up on average?

I've had MMr for more than 6 months and I still average 10 million. In other words, have fun - who cares what others are scoring? If you're not having fun because it's unusually hungry on the side drains, narrow the outlane until you enjoy it.

#1156 7 years ago

If I hit 50 million on an average game I am happy.

And, yes, the center shot is dangerous. It's designed that way. High risk and high reward.

Marc

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, off my right flipper, if I send a shot to the castle gate, there is a very good chance that it hit and bounces right back for a drain down the middle.

You do know this is pinball, the ball is supposed to drain.

#1158 7 years ago

My outlanes are factory, no particular issues with outlane drains, seems normal. I go after the castle when i mb and the ball save running.

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My outlanes are factory, no particular issues with outlane drains, seems normal. I go after the castle when i mb and the ball save running.

Nothing wrong with adjusting the outlanes as you and your family see fit. As the skills get better then you can consider opening up the outlanes.

#1160 7 years ago

Yea, I totally get that it's just pinball. It's just my first pin, and I was just curious to know how I'm doing. It doesn't really matter, i just go on for a few games each night and enjoy it.

Also, can anyone comment on my post about the levelling? Curious to know where you guys have yours.

Thanks

#1161 7 years ago

6.5 degrees, I did not have to adjust it from the factory. Download an app and use your phone to level it, from the playfield, not the glass.

#1162 7 years ago

Left outlane drain seems more dangerous than the right one, at least that's how it feels (should check the stats, I guess). But other than that, I don't think it's a total drain monster. Anyhow, that's part of the challenge, love my MMR!
Oh, I don't think my average score is much more than 10-20 million and there definitely are lots of games with quite low scores but many in the 40-50M range too. Score variety is nice, wouldn't want to always get close to the GC score...

#1163 7 years ago

Having an issue where my left troll is not registering hits. The test shows the left switch is bad. When I go to the test mode, and I try to select it, it won't even raise it, saying something is bad about the up switch.

However, when I play, the troll will go up, and with a good strong whack, it will register. But definitely not working the way it was, or is supposed to.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

#1164 7 years ago

first i would test if the problem is the switch or the electronic

whats the message switch closed or only check switch ?

release the switch connector in test mode and see if you have a reaction

may be the switch must be bended a little bit

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

first i would test if the problem is the switch or the electronic
whats the message switch closed or only check switch ?
release the switch connector in test mode and see if you have a reaction
may be the switch must be bended a little bit

What is the best way to test? When I go to test it, it will not pop up. So what is the best way to get it up to see if hits are registering?

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

you can adjust the outlanes to your taste. some people like to set up their games as difficult as possible, to keep it from going stale as fast. also, tournaments and competitions typically set them up to be pretty brutal.

Quoted from Damien:

a direct shot at the gate SHOULD be a significant drain risk. (drawbridge should be safe) you have several options:
- nudge when hitting the gate
- try to shoot slightly off so that it hits the gate and ricochets sideways a bit
- save gate shots for when you have a multiball mode running (this is my strategy). especially during the ball saver of a multiball, that's when you should go crazy on the gate.

pins are no fun when every shot is safe.

Quoted from Damien:

scores really aren't comparable between different games. everyone's running different rules and different slope and different outlane settings, and on top of that, wear patterns, flipper rubbers used, wax schedule, and inevitable microscopic assembly differences can make two "identical" games play wildly differently from each other.

and not only that, in two months, your game will play differently than it does now. it's a complex physical object with lots of moving parts, all of which wear over time in different ways. no two pins are exactly alike. that's one of the things that makes pinball great.

#1167 7 years ago

I haven't quite followed up the discussion regarding MMR:s, but I think the biggest problem that I gathered about MMR:s was with the inserts letting too much light through even though the led-power would have been set to minimum. And then PPS/CGC handed out some diffusers. Did people install them and with what kind of success or was a better method developed? Do the newer playfields suffer from the same problem? Thanks for any info!

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Having an issue where my left troll is not registering hits. The test shows the left switch is bad. When I go to the test mode, and I try to select it, it won't even raise it, saying something is bad about the up switch.

Troll test won't work unless you have the high power interlock switch on the left side of coin door opening enabled.

Go to Tests - Switch Edge - push troll face, either below the playfield or pull the troll carriage up and push the troll face from above. If it registers then it just needs adjusting so ball hits trigger it.

If it doesn't work, then follow wiring from troll carriage to board it plugs on to. Reseat connector at board and be sure it is on tight.

LTG : )

#1169 7 years ago

MMR LE installed on location at Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge, MA for a limited time only

People are losing their minds!

16826076_10158262354415634_6666621091000754402_o (resized).jpg16826076_10158262354415634_6666621091000754402_o (resized).jpg

#1170 7 years ago

Just went and took a look at the troll, and I noticed that one of the two screws in the back of the trolls head has come loose. I think this is preventing it from rocking back, which I assume is necessary to register a hit with the sensor.

Now the problem is, how the hell do I get that screw back in without taking the whole troll assembly apart. I can put the troll head forward, but the space is limited. Tried to put a dime in there to see if I could tighten it, but it's only enough space for about half the dime.

Any suggestions?

And, do you think that this is what is causing the "L. Troll Up Switch Bad" error?

Thanks

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And, do you think that this is what is causing the "L. Troll Up Switch Bad" error?

Left troll face hasn't been registering hits.

Quoted from Damien:

Any suggestions?

Under playfield disconnect troll face switch connector and remove bolt holding troll carriage to plunger. Above the playfield remove the wireform over the left troll. Now you can pull the troll carriage up and out, lean a little left to clear the metal part sticking out that triggers the up/down switch.

Now you can get at the screws to tighten them.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Left troll face hasn't been registering hits.

Under playfield disconnect troll face switch connector and remove bolt holding troll carriage to plunger. Above the playfield remove the wireform over the left troll. Now you can pull the troll carriage up and out, lean a little left to clear the metal part sticking out that triggers the up/down switch.
Now you can get at the screws to tighten them.

Nothing I can stick in behind there just to tighten that one screw?

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Nothing I can stick in behind there just to tighten that one screw?

Thin ignition wrench ?

#1174 7 years ago

When leveling the machine, is it fine to use a leveling app? I'm using one on Android.

Also, where should I measure? I put the phone horizontally between the flippers and I get 8.2° (x) or if I turn it vertically, which puts the phone a lower lower, I get 9.2° (y).

Then if I move up on the playfield, for instance, above trolls, those numbers change to 7° (x) and 7.8° (y).

Does this seem right?

I have read the sweet spot is 6.5°, but where is that measured from seeing that different parts of the pf will give you varying measuments.

Thanks

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When leveling the machine, is it fine to use a leveling app? I'm using one on Android.
Also, where should I measure? I put the phone horizontally between the flippers and I get 8.2° (x) or if I turn it vertically, which puts the phone a lower lower, I get 9.2° (y).
Then if I move up on the playfield, for instance, above trolls, those numbers change to 7° (x) and 7.8° (y).
Does this seem right?
I have read the sweet spot is 6.5°, but where is that measured from seeing that different parts of the pf will give you varying measuments.
Thanks

you are getting an entire degree difference simply by turning the phone vertically. this means the phone is not calibrated properly. to find the true slope of the table regardless of calibration, measure once, then rotate the phone 180 degrees, measure again, and average the two results.

i have no idea why the upper part of your playfield would measure a full two degrees steeper than the lower part. that doesn't really make sense. i doubt your playfield could be that warped. again i suspect instrumentation error.

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

MMR LE installed on location at Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge, MA for a limited time only

People are losing their minds!

Its great to see an MMR on location and the reactions people have to it. Some of the criticisms people have about MMr is that its an "old game" and that people should get the newest and latest games. Its funny how this "old game" holds its own next to the newer games and still continues to put smiles on people's faces when they play it.

Quoted from Damien:

Does this seem right?

Thanks

I prefer a dedicated digital leveler. I measure mid sling area while keeping it perfectly horizontal and adjust front levelers until its zero. Then place it verical midfield and adjust the rears with equal turns on each leveler until I get 6.5. Re-check the mid sling area for zero again and that's it.

#1178 7 years ago

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to CGC and Marc for the assistance with my sharp side rails. They went above and beyond what I was expecting to make sure everything was handled. Great customer service and immediate responses. Very happy. Now back to rocking out on MMr!

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Its great to see an MMR on location and the reactions people have to it. Some of the criticisms people have about MMr is that its an "old game" and that people should get the newest and latest games. Its funny how this "old game" holds its own next to the newer games and still continues to put smiles on people's faces when they play it.

I prefer a dedicated digital leveler. I measure mid sling area while keeping it perfectly horizontal and adjust front levelers until its zero. Then place it verical midfield and adjust the rears with equal turns on each leveler until I get 6.5. Re-check the mid sling area for zero again and that's it.

What leveler are you using? What are your thoughts on using smartphone levelers?

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to CGC and Marc for the assistance with my sharp side rails. They went above and beyond what I was expecting to make sure everything was handled. Great customer service and immediate responses. Very happy. Now back to rocking out on MMr!

What did they do?

#1181 7 years ago

hi all

could someone tell me how to get to the features menu. I want to adjust my flipper coil strength.

thanks

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hi all
could someone tell me how to get to the features menu. I want to adjust my flipper coil strength.
thanks

This is from memory, so forgive me if it's wrong, but I believe you hold down Escape on the back of the coin door for a few seconds to enter. It's holding down one of those buttons for a few seconds...,

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hi all

thanks

Game turned on. Open coin door. Hold the ESCAPE diagnostic button 5 seconds or more gets you into the CGC menu.

#1184 7 years ago

awesome thanks know you.

my friend is having issues with the ball coming out of the merlin hole. at times it is perfect and others u don't even seem like the ball moves in the hole. any ideas on fixing this? I call Chicago gaming they suggested some washers under the hole.

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I call Chicago gaming they suggested some washers under the hole.

Between playfield and whole assembly under the playfield, left side. ( that was me you talked to )

#1186 7 years ago

lol didnt know you guys were on the board. glad you check here.

#1187 7 years ago

Does anyone know if CG/PPS plan on continuing to produce MMr after the next game is announced?

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Getting the protectors in slowly but surely. Not entirely happy with the Merlin hole protector. I have the Merlin protector on its way fro Pinbits. I have the lighted troll eye led kit coming too. That should be cool

I'm much happier with the Merlin hole protector now. I shimmed it and think its a bit broken in now.

#1189 7 years ago

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK?

I have destroyed all castles but the final one once or twice, but did not have any of the other requirements completed. I also once reached Royal Madness, but again, didn't have anything else completed to get close to BFTK.

I've only owned the game for a month, and prior to that, I hadn't played pinball in almost 2 decades, and only ever played stuff on consoles.

From where I stand now, it seems impossible to ever reach BFTK.

Just curious to hear about your experiences.

Cheers

#1190 7 years ago

Finally getting around to posting here - went on a 16 hour road trip and got back home with a minty fresh gold MMRLe! The pin is fantastic & plays great, love it, love it, love it! I have one question/issue and read thru all 24 pages & not one mention here - at first one of my castle towers would shake off every 10 - 15 games. Not a big deal, just drop the glass and press/twist it back on. Tonight the big center tower worked its way off too, so it's time for a fix, but just not sure the best way to go. Has anyone else had the castle towers work their way off? Are they supposed to be glued from the factory & mine was missed? i assume superglue or epoxy will keep them from falling off - I'm just afraid they might need to come apart later......... anyone?

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK?
I have destroyed all castles but the final one once or twice, but did not have any of the other requirements completed. I also once reached Royal Madness, but again, didn't have anything else completed to get close to BFTK.
I've only owned the game for a month, and prior to that, I hadn't played pinball in almost 2 decades, and only ever played stuff on consoles.
From where I stand now, it seems impossible to ever reach BFTK.
Just curious to hear about your experiences.
Cheers

check the rule set. not only do you have to beat all of the castles, you also have complete 3 of the following: pheasant, damsel, catapult and joust. then also beat 12 trolls.

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

check the rule set. not only do you have to beat all of the castles, you also have complete 3 of the following: pheasant, damsel, catapult and joust. then also beat 12 trolls.

I thought it was 10 trolls, but exactly my point! Has anyone actually completed this?

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I thought it was 10 trolls, but exactly my point! Has anyone actually completed this?

Interesting timing on your question. I made it the closest I have ever made it last night. Completed everything 3 times (in some cases 4 or 5 times), destroyed 17 trolls (new record) and destroyed all the castles except the last one. I was about 2-3 shots away from getting through the gate. UGH!! The game took forever and was so much fun... I was making mad saves that I've never been able to pull off, but ended up with my last drain out the right outlane because the ball was spinning wild when it hit the post and no amount of nudging was going to change it's mind that it was going out that lane.

I rate myself as an average player at best (by pinside standards)... maybe above average in the real world, but barely. I didn't read the ruleset yet, but I thought there were a series of shots I had to make after destroying the last castle. I'll look into it... but basically, I was planning on just going for any flashing shots (similar to what I have to do in LOTR DTR, which I have completed twice, but am much more familiar with the ruleset).

So... while I can't answer for everyone, I'm fairly certain this has been done multiple times by many people (if I were a betting man, just based on my own skillset as compared to others). But of course, it's not very easy... if it were, you'd finish it up right away, get bored of the pin, and not rate it as one of the bets pins ever (which it is).

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Has anyone else had the castle towers work their way off?

Can happen. Original or remake.

Has anyone else had the castle towers work their way off?

I have on original.

i assume superglue or epoxy will keep them from falling off

I've used both.

I'm just afraid they might need to come apart later.

No. If you ever have to replace a base, it would be pretty easy to cut/file/Dremel the old one off without hurting the tower.

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've done it twice...I get my ass handed to me regularly, but I'll have great games every now and then. You really have to strategize on when to go for the castles (during multiball), and picking up the extra balls really help too (castle multiball, royal madness, and video mode). And you MUST bring troll madness into the madness multiball, otherwise it's really tough to kill the 10 trolls required.

#1196 7 years ago

i've gotten to Battle for the Kingdom, but i've never beaten it. i generally get there by abusing the multiball ball saver to bash the castle gate, to advance through the castles with slightly less risk. trolls too.

during Battle for the Kingdom, I don't think there's any ball saver, so i'm pretty much screwed.

#1197 7 years ago

Been there twice. Beat it once.

#1198 7 years ago

Had the machine for 7 months before getting to BFTK. Now at 9 months I have beaten BFTK twice. Keep playing and use that ball saver when the castle ramp is down or it's SDTM. Make sure to save 2 troll bombs to remove the trolls.

#1199 7 years ago

Awesome to hear some of you have completed it. Pretty exciting, and hopefully one day I'll get there. No rush.

Excuse my n00b question, but what is multi all save, and how do you use it?

And lastly, I have the tilt bell on. Do you guys use one? I imagine getting to BFTK would be a lot more viable being able to nudge the machine.

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does anyone know if CG/PPS plan on continuing to produce MMr after the next game is announced?

NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6NmYzMjRmMzcyYTA0M2U1YzM4ZmQ2OTFlODM1NTMyZmU6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpgNkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6NmYzMjRmMzcyYTA0M2U1YzM4ZmQ2OTFlODM1NTMyZmU6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.