IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

335 posts in this topic match your search for posts by damien. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1090 7 years ago

I picked up this awesome game a couple of days ago, and now I'm having a huge issue. The optical sensors that trigger the drawbridge are not working at all. When I run the test, I notice if I run my fingers through, it will detect. But anytime I pass the ball through, it does nothing. I've tried pushing them in a million different directions to realign them, and nothing. However, if I push down on one of them, and then pass the ball through, it usually works.

I have no idea what is going on, but I'm totally frustrated and disappointed as the game is rendered pretty much useless without being able to open the drawbridge as I'm sue you'd all agree.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sounds like they are misaligned in some way. You can always open a support ticket with CGC, they have been very good with the couple minor issues i've had. I had a switch in the outer orbit go bad and i got a replacement fairly quickly. Also has a software issue (losing time/date) and they sent me new code within a few days to test (which the issue hasn't come back).

Oh, I sent an email to Planetary. So CGC is who I need to go through?

I tried wedging something beside the sensor, and nothing works. Then I noticed when I touch the screw that holds the opto board in place, and I roll the ball through, it work.

Could it be some sort of ground or connection issue?

Also, the machine is 3 days old. Do I go to the store for service (I know they give a 90 day warranty) or do I go straight to CGC?

Thanks

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No - screw goes into plastic. Maybe loose connection at opto or the plug for the optos is loose at the board it plugs onto.

nder Support - Help Desk, open a ticket.
LTG : )

I'm not very technical at all, but I'm thinking it's something lose. Seems like it needs some sort of touch, even extremely gentle, to be able to detect a ball going through. It does detect my finger most of the time. But usually closer to the black sensor. The white one seems to be the problem.

If it is something lose, how would CGC service this? I am in Canada.

Thanks

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Their warranty is parts, not labor.
Check with who you bought the game from, if they provide any service.

Seriously?!?!

For this kind of money, you would think they would be sending someone over in a tuxedo to fix it.

I'll have to see what the store I bought it from ensures.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This must be your first Pinball machine.

Hahaha, yup!

Man, I just want this thing to work. I love the game!

Any suggestions on the best way to approach this? See if I can get the part replacement from CGC, and get a local tech to put it in?

#1109 7 years ago

So the machine is back up and working, but there's a hilarious story that goes along with it!

A tech from the store came by (btw very impressed with their timely service) and he started diagnosing the problem. He tried everything I had. Realigning, checking connection, loose soldering, etc.

He was scratching his head. He said he was baffled. Then by chance he just happened to have his hand above the sensor and noticed it changed from "open" to "closed".

He waved his hand back and force over it in the air and said, "this is some voodoo s#!+".

He looked up, turned to me and said, can you turn off the light.

And then it was! The stupid light was interfering with the sensor. It was not making it think it was "open" and balls were not registering. My fingers would usually work because I'd cover the light as I tried.

The two of us laughed hysterically when we realized this.

Anyhow, super nice guy and all is working now!

#1111 7 years ago

Was playing tonight, and out of nowhere, the right flipper started to jam in the up position. It would eventually go back down, but it kept taking longer and longer.

I went under the playfield, and I noticed a bolt was lose that was holding the flipper mechanism in place. I found it and put it back in, but I noticed that there was a lot of space and play on the right one, and nothing on the left. The video below shows this.

I tried wedging something under it, and it does reduce the jamming, but the flipper is still slower and weaker than the left one.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this? Do I need a replacement from CGC on this part?

Thank you

#1113 7 years ago

Here some more videos of the issue showing the difference betwwen left (good) and right (bad) flippers.

#1117 7 years ago

Random question... What are the dip switches used for?

I think mine shows 1 and 2 are one, and the rest are off.

2 weeks later
#1153 7 years ago

Just curious to know where you guys have your game levelled at. Haven't adjusted mine since I brought it home and initially set up, but I'm thinking it might need some adjustments:

pin_level (resized).jpegpin_level (resized).jpeg

#1154 7 years ago

One other question for MMr owners... Is it just me, or are the side drains on this game just relentless? Seem to get a bad bounce and the ball is gone!

Also, off my right flipper, if I send a shot to the castle gate, there is a very good chance that it hit and bounces right back for a drain down the middle.

I've only had the game a few weeks, and my highest score is 75 million. Based on the leader boards, I'm doing pretty horribly. What score do you guys usually put up on average?

#1160 7 years ago

Yea, I totally get that it's just pinball. It's just my first pin, and I was just curious to know how I'm doing. It doesn't really matter, i just go on for a few games each night and enjoy it.

Also, can anyone comment on my post about the levelling? Curious to know where you guys have yours.

Thanks

#1163 7 years ago

Having an issue where my left troll is not registering hits. The test shows the left switch is bad. When I go to the test mode, and I try to select it, it won't even raise it, saying something is bad about the up switch.

However, when I play, the troll will go up, and with a good strong whack, it will register. But definitely not working the way it was, or is supposed to.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

first i would test if the problem is the switch or the electronic
whats the message switch closed or only check switch ?
release the switch connector in test mode and see if you have a reaction
may be the switch must be bended a little bit

What is the best way to test? When I go to test it, it will not pop up. So what is the best way to get it up to see if hits are registering?

#1170 7 years ago

Just went and took a look at the troll, and I noticed that one of the two screws in the back of the trolls head has come loose. I think this is preventing it from rocking back, which I assume is necessary to register a hit with the sensor.

Now the problem is, how the hell do I get that screw back in without taking the whole troll assembly apart. I can put the troll head forward, but the space is limited. Tried to put a dime in there to see if I could tighten it, but it's only enough space for about half the dime.

Any suggestions?

And, do you think that this is what is causing the "L. Troll Up Switch Bad" error?

Thanks

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Left troll face hasn't been registering hits.

Under playfield disconnect troll face switch connector and remove bolt holding troll carriage to plunger. Above the playfield remove the wireform over the left troll. Now you can pull the troll carriage up and out, lean a little left to clear the metal part sticking out that triggers the up/down switch.
Now you can get at the screws to tighten them.

Nothing I can stick in behind there just to tighten that one screw?

#1174 7 years ago

When leveling the machine, is it fine to use a leveling app? I'm using one on Android.

Also, where should I measure? I put the phone horizontally between the flippers and I get 8.2° (x) or if I turn it vertically, which puts the phone a lower lower, I get 9.2° (y).

Then if I move up on the playfield, for instance, above trolls, those numbers change to 7° (x) and 7.8° (y).

Does this seem right?

I have read the sweet spot is 6.5°, but where is that measured from seeing that different parts of the pf will give you varying measuments.

Thanks

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Its great to see an MMR on location and the reactions people have to it. Some of the criticisms people have about MMr is that its an "old game" and that people should get the newest and latest games. Its funny how this "old game" holds its own next to the newer games and still continues to put smiles on people's faces when they play it.

I prefer a dedicated digital leveler. I measure mid sling area while keeping it perfectly horizontal and adjust front levelers until its zero. Then place it verical midfield and adjust the rears with equal turns on each leveler until I get 6.5. Re-check the mid sling area for zero again and that's it.

What leveler are you using? What are your thoughts on using smartphone levelers?

#1189 7 years ago

Here's a question for fellow MMR owners. How many of you have reached BFTK?

I have destroyed all castles but the final one once or twice, but did not have any of the other requirements completed. I also once reached Royal Madness, but again, didn't have anything else completed to get close to BFTK.

I've only owned the game for a month, and prior to that, I hadn't played pinball in almost 2 decades, and only ever played stuff on consoles.

From where I stand now, it seems impossible to ever reach BFTK.

Just curious to hear about your experiences.

Cheers

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

check the rule set. not only do you have to beat all of the castles, you also have complete 3 of the following: pheasant, damsel, catapult and joust. then also beat 12 trolls.

I thought it was 10 trolls, but exactly my point! Has anyone actually completed this?

#1199 7 years ago

Awesome to hear some of you have completed it. Pretty exciting, and hopefully one day I'll get there. No rush.

Excuse my n00b question, but what is multi all save, and how do you use it?

And lastly, I have the tilt bell on. Do you guys use one? I imagine getting to BFTK would be a lot more viable being able to nudge the machine.

#1204 7 years ago

Definitely agree that I'll have to learn how to nudge?

So to add onto my question, has anyone completed BFTK without nudging?

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

I've beat BFTK 27 times now. Averaging about once a week sometimes twice. 3 times now I've gotten through BFTK 2 times and close to a 3rd time once in one game but never beat it twice in one game. To me it never gets old. When I'm at the end trying to beat it my heart still races and hands are shaking:)Still enjoying it as much as the day I opened it up!!! Such a great game

INSANE! What would it take to get you to film one of your games and upload it to Youtube?

Would love to see your strategy and game style. Tonight I was just playing around trying to figure out how to control things a bit. Seems to work when I let the ball eject from the caste, roll down to the left flipper, bounce over and catch on the right flipper, and send a shot to the castle. Had one game where I destroyed 3 castles quickly, almost perfectly putting every shot right at it. Then my age went to shit.

Trying to find a way to calm things down and take out the castle. Then I guess I'll have to figure out a strategy for everything else.

Game seriously has me determined to beat it one day!

#1235 7 years ago

Am I seeing this right?

If you have a MMR Standard, the cost for the color upgrade chip is $399, but if you have the LE, it's $199???

See: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-HDC-LE

#1240 7 years ago

Have a question for all you owners. When the ball ejects from the left side of the castle (say after entering the moat) and it comes down the left side, does your ball go directly down to the left flipper, or does it occasionally hit the left slingshot?

When I first set up the game, I'm positive it was coming straight down. But now that I've adjusted the slant to 6.5 degrees, it seems to be inconsistent.

Just curious... Thanks

#1251 7 years ago

Can I ask what slant you have your game on?

And, when coming down the right, say after a launch, does it roll straight to the right flipper, or hit the right slingshot? I get that this one varies a bit based on how quickly it shoots out from the jets.

Oh, and one last thing... Are you ever at any of the TOPL/DRAPL things?

#1253 7 years ago

6.5 degrees

yes every monday is league night. pm me if you want to join.

Coud I bug you to take a photo of your bubble level on your machine? Want to see how it compares.

Were you at Luch's yesterday?

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My original mm is at 7.1 and ball comes to flippers each time... plays very fast and evil with open outlanes. Love it. Got to hit ramps really solid ti make them... especially the right ramp, man its steep lol.

Man, I just looked at your collection and wishlist, and I swear, that is pretty much everything I would ever want. Awesome stuff there!

How you completed BFTK on your MM?

#1259 7 years ago

Nope, had to work. I need to save up for AFMr.

They have a price and release listed for this yet?

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Mine is set to 6.2 degrees and the bubble looks like this. The ball does not hit the slingshots on either side from any speed.
Do the ball guides need to be adjusted slightly?

Hahahah noob question... What is a ball guide?

#1261 7 years ago

Question for all MM owners...

Is there a way to set the goals of the game to an easier setting to get to BFTK more easily?

I was browsing through the menu quickly, and saw a bunch of things that could be changed? If so, what would it really change? How much easier would it be?

Being new to the hobby, I would almost consider taking the difficulty down for a little bit, and increasing it as I improve as a player.

Just curious to know what can be changed.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

If you own the game, resist doing this. It may seem impossible to achieve at first, but enjoy the challenge of getting there - you'll eventually do it. The first time I did it I was shaking it was so exciting (and nerve racking).
I felt like you did with Metallica, that I would need to make it easier as there was no way I could get to End of the Line. But eventually the ball was bouncing right and I made it.
The harder it is to reach wizard mode, the more exciting it is when you get there. Have fun.

Good advice... It's not only for myself. My wife also plays a few games here and there, and I'd like her to enjoy the excitement of getting deeper into the game.

Tonight I had my best game yet. Completed Trolls and Catapult, defeated 5 or 6 castles, and finished Royal Madness. It was all happening so quickly that I lost focus. But ended up with 108K as my score, and felt pretty good about it.

I think I just need to get some rubber casters to keep the game in place, then figure out this whole nudging thing, and I'll get closer to that BFTK goal!

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope not really even close yet, just 2 or 3 blue inserts lit. Not sure ill ever beat all the castles unless i totally focused on that but then nothing else wld get completed lol. Thax for the comments on my collection i put in alot of time getting to what i have and almost have my ideal collection. Ill probably get rid of met for a totan , tom or cv. Another great thing about my collection is all are restored or huo and have pdi and color dmds. I wld of never guessed id have this collection after 3-4 years collecting . Im very happy with things thats for sure.

Wish I was closer to MD... Would love to see your collection!

#1267 7 years ago

Question about the game settings. Is there any way to change the way the ball ejects from the left side of the castle? Seems that this is what is causing my ball to not fall down directly to the flipper, hitting the slingshot occasionally.

I manually rolled the ball from both sides, and the ball goes directly to flipper. But once in the game, the ball ejects, and it's not always a drop straight to the flipper.

Any ideas?

#1270 7 years ago

One thing I change on all my games is to set awards to extra ball instead of free game. So if I get special or replay because of reaching a certain score, I get an extra ball. My games are all free play, why reward myself with a free game?

Was considering that change last night. Good idea!

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you ever come down this way im right off 2 major interstates so your welcome to stop by

Cheers man!

1 week later
#1412 7 years ago

Anyone know where to get these?

#1414 7 years ago

I just got my color chip in the mail from Planetary. No instructions included!

Seems simple, but wanted to check in first. I'm guessing that you turn the machine off, put in the SD card first, and update to 2.0.1?

Do I start the machine up first, or put the color chip in at the same time?

Does the chip go in a certain way, or can it be reversed?

And lastly, two of the pins were bent? Should I just straighten them up?

Thanks

#1418 7 years ago

Thanks dude!

Just installed it, and it looks fantastic! Did nothing for my score though

It seem I get one good score 70-100mil, and then for the next few days I'm lucky to hit 50mil!

#1439 7 years ago

Curious to know what your strategy is when playing?

Lately, I've been starting out by trying to hit the ramps and orbits. Not sure if I'm being strategic, but I like to get each Madness lit individually, so I can get a few double ball multi-balls. When I get multi-ball, I go for the castle.

I've been to Royal Madness twice, and finished it once. But aside from that, where do I rack up the points? Should I go for more Damsels, Jousts, etc...?

Do you get more than one multi-ball on item? For instance, after getting the multi-ball after saving the first damsel, do you get another multi-ball after saving 2, 3, etc...?

My highest score so far came from a game where I got to Royal Madness, finished it, and the points just seemed to be pouring in.

But at that point, I couldn't figure out what to shoot at.

Interested in hearing your strategy.

Cheers

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I don't know what is "required" but here's a list of the main protectors.
Mantis MM protector 4 piece set
Cliffy MMR protectors 6 piece set
Pinbits MMR plastics protectors 10 piece set
Trolls mylar marco, ebay, etc.
Generic mylar at marco, etc.

Was looking at the Cliffys, and it looked a little daunting to do the catapult and moat jump & ramp protectors.

Can anyone comment on this, as I'm new to the hobby.

Also, are there any videos showing the install?

Cheers

1 week later
#1480 7 years ago

Curious to know how you game plays when you aim for the peasant and damsel ramps.

For me, the ball has to roll almost to the very end of the flippers, and then you get a smooth shot up ramp.

Just interested in hearing how yours plays

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Sounds like you need to adjust your flippers!
1/4 flipper- Castle/Castle
1/2 flipper-Merlin/lock
3/4 flipper- Ramp/Ramp
7/8 flipper- orbit/orbit
Full- Merlin targets/catapult
New games need to be tuned out of the box to play right. Adjust switches, adjust knockouts, adjust flippers, tighten ramps, posts, plastics, brackets, etc.... play a few games and then do it again! Once everything feels real good and you stop bricking shots your machine is dialed in.

What's the best way to ensure that flippers are aligned?

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Toothpick between the flipper bat and flipper rubber into the alignment hole on the playfield. You can also run parallel with the inline guide, just remember (parallel) use a strait edge if going this route. That will get you almost home! From that point you can choose to make really small adjustments until you are satisfied. Good luck!

So I wedge a toothpick under the flipper bat rubber (I'm assuming the bottom of the flipper) and then place the other point of the toothpick in the alignment hole?

Then tight the bolt that holds the flipper in place, and see how that works?

For the straight edge route, can I just use a short ruler or level?

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

yes to both but not under the rubber
I use a small drill bit in the hole and just set the flipper with rubber on it on to the bit.
the original goody bag has a wire for this and a flipper height tool in the kit

I don't recall getting a goody bag Just the manual

So I could put a toothpick in the hole, rest the flipper on the toothpick, and then tight it up?

I had adjusted the flipper once before by eyeing it, and I recall it was a pain in the ass trying to tighten it back up and keep it in place.

Do I push down on the flipper so that it does not raise off the playfield while tightening? And to confirm, it's just the one bolt that it parallel to the playfield, and is facing downward towards the front of the machine?

Thanks

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I may have to take a picture.... the toothpick goes between the flipper rubber and the flipper batt. So the toothpick is vertical wedged between the batt and the rubber pointing straight down into the hole in your playfield. It is really as easy as it sounds.
Someone please post a pic of this

Yes, please post a pic

And can comment on the other question about how to loosen and tighten it properly.

Thanks

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I didn't have a tooth pick so I used a bamboo skewer, you get the idea.

I like to loosen the nut on the pawl just slightly so the flipper bat turns real hard. Then position the flipper bat where I want it. Then tighten the bolt.
If you loosen the nut a lot, then you get to mess with up and down adjustment and back and forth flipper bat adjustment. That is a learning experience.

Thanks so much for the pic LTG!

Any chance you could take a photo so I can see what the nut on the panel is? And if I'm only loosening that a bit, when am I tightening another bolt after?

Thanks again

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I circled in red what you loosen and tighten.
I'm sorry for the confusion using bolt when I should have typed nut.

So just loosen that, adjust flipper, and tighten? Should it be very tight, or just some resistance?

Also, when I loosen this nut, will the flipper also rise up from the playfield?

After doing the alignment, should I push down on the flipper while tightening?

Thanks again

#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, but save yourself more work. Only loosen a tiny bit so the flipper bat moves if you push/pull it hard. If you loosen it too much and the flipper bat flops around, then you need to adjust the back and forth there you want it, and the up and down movement. If you screw it up, use the blue plastic spacer from the goodie bag, set it between the flipper bat and playfield, that will give you the right spacing so there is a tiny bit of up and down play so the pawl doesn't bind on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, below the playfield.

If you loosen too much, gravity is down, not up.

No.

What I meant by raising, is will there be space between the flipper and playfield, as if you were pulling it up off the playfield?

But I think you answered that by saying I should only loosen slightly so that I have to force it a bit to move?

Wouldn't it be easier to align the toothpick in the hole if it were easier to move the flipper up and down though?

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

We need to get off this topic in this thread. Start a new thread please and I will chime back in on that thread.

I'll end it with a link to this video in case anyone else ever needs this (skip to around 1:04:00):

#1506 7 years ago

nosro i totally agree, and will keep that in mind.

Thank you all for the tips. Realigned the flippers tonight with the toothpick, but noticed that after measuring with a ruler, the smaller end of the flipper is not lined up with the inland ramp. Not sure if this is how MMR was set up, because if I have the rubber of the bat lined up end to end with the inland, it will sit above the alignment hole.

Regardless, I learned something new a out my pin today, and the game already feels a bit better!

#1523 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i will try some red EL paper behind this at my MMR

410 million... Holy s#!t!!!!!

#1529 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Looks like Monster Bash, it's not MM

Good eye

I'm chasing down BFTK, but dammit, I just can't get it.

Tonight I knocked out almost 5 castles, and then failed at Royal Madness.

Such tough game!

#1533 7 years ago

This is my first pin, and I've owned it since January. I have it at 6.5 degrees, all factory default settings, except I moved the outlane post down to the easiest setting.

My average score is about 20-30 million, with my GC score of 108 million.

In the first month of owning it, I think I got to Royal Madness once. Now I get it after playing a few games.

So definitely improving, but nowhere near BFTK. I also haven't figured out how to start the video mode. I know it has something to do with lighting FIRE.

Such a fantastic game though!

#1534 7 years ago

I was reading someones breakdown on how to get to BFT, and they mentioned that when the ball ejects from the bumpers down the right side, they can hold the right flipper up, and the ball with stop on it.

Seems totally different from my game, where if I hold the right flipper up, it will bounce and generally hit the slingshots.

Right now, I left the ball drop from bumpers, bounce of the right flipper, then off the left flipper over to the right again, where I trap it.

Curious to know how your game behaves.

#1539 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I was reading someones breakdown on how to get to BFT, and they mentioned that when the ball ejects from the bumpers down the right side, they can hold the right flipper up, and the ball with stop on it.
Seems totally different from my game, where if I hold the right flipper up, it will bounce and generally hit the slingshots.
Right now, I left the ball drop from bumpers, bounce of the right flipper, then off the left flipper over to the right again, where I trap it.
Curious to know how your game behaves.

Can anyone comment on that bumper eject? Does your ball stop on the right flipper just by pressing it?

Wondering if I'm totally off with my flippers​ and level.

#1544 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

You have to time it correctly, flip right before the ball hits the flipper.
» YouTube video

Yes, I usually do a live catch from the left. For some reason, the way it ejects from the right, I find it really hard to do.

But what I was asking is, when the ball drops from the right, if you just put there flipper up, will it bounce a bit, but stay on that right flipper?

#1546 7 years ago

Hey man, th

Quoted from NonStopSwagger:Just tried it on my game.
https://goo.gl/photos/7P9QChAYwpKuekaw8
I'm thinking it's normal. Maybe on the "pinball arcade" video game it doesn't bounce off.

Cheers! Thanks for posting the vid!

Yeah, that seems normal. I couldn't figure out how that person had the ball drop, bounce a bit, and stay on the right flipper. Would make the game way too easy.

For me, I let the ball eject from the right, hit the right flipper, bounce over the left, and then back to the right where I trap it. Then I release the ball at about the middle of the flipper and get a clean castle shot.

Curious to know what you guys use as a strategy. Lately I've been doing what I mentioned to get castle shots. Obviously it's easy when the drawbridge is up. When I get to the gate, I have to nudge like crazy to get control of the ball on each shot, but if I'm having a good game, I can get it under control pretty quickly, and keep working on the castle.

When I get to the second or third castle, I then move on to working on the the Madnesses. Pick up the extra ball along the way, and then maybe even a Castle Multiball. Not so good at getting the extra ball on the Castle Madness, but I have done it once or twice.

So far, I've been able to get to the Royal Madness, and knock out 5 castles, but then things fall apart.

What is your strategy?

#1555 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yeah that's pretty much how my games go as well..

You guys should seriously put up videos.

I'm determined to get to BFTK, but man am I far off. I finished one Royal Madness, and had 5 castles knocked out a couple days ago. Then it all went to shit.

A friend came by last night and was killing the ramps. He saved 5 damsels. I've only done two myself.

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I only have about 165 plays on mine and I think I need to replace my ramp posts already.
I have made it to BFTK twice but never finished it.

Not sure I understand the importance of hitting ramp post???

#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

It's the best shot in the game.

Hahaha, yes I'm being facetious.

Seriously though, do you guys find the right ramp harder to hit than the left?

#1565 7 years ago

If you are right handed, the right ramp is harder to hit since you need to use your left hand.

Haha!

#1573 7 years ago

Getting closer!!!!!

I was two left ramp shots away from Master of Peasants, and had everything else lit.

I also needed to destroy the 6th and final castle, and it would have been BFTK for me!!!

Sooooooooo glad I bought this game!!!!

#1581 7 years ago

Noticed that my left flipper is jamming a little bit. It happens for just a second, and then it drops down, but it's not happened about 2-3 times in the last week.

Any suggestions?

#1598 6 years ago

One other thing... I noticed recently that occasionally I will shoot the ball through the "Lock", but it will see it as a hit to the castle. If I'm not mistaken, it has happened one the final shot to destroy a castle the 2-3 times it has happened so far.

Any ideas?

#1613 6 years ago

Good to know that about the plastic protector.

I'll get the Mantis and Cliffy protectors though.

#1614 6 years ago

By the way, someone who can get to BFTK, should really consider posting a full length video showing there full game to give some of us noobs a tutorial!

#1619 6 years ago

Yeah, except every video shows the game starting at BFTK... I can roll balls up ramps with my hand too and then press record on a camera.

I was trying to find a video of a full game. You want to help me Google that too?

#1626 6 years ago

You sir, are a rockstar!

Man, daddy life has me tired! When I search BFTK on Youtube, I basically only saw the end of videos, or most of them were the Pinball Arcade captures.

This one is unreal:

Guy has incredible control! I seriously need to work on my live catches!

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

He's got the slingshot strength turned down.

Hmmmmm.... Guessing that would reduce side drains?

#1629 6 years ago

Question for you guys about this video:

Take a look at this ball he plays. When the ball ejects form the left, he just puts the flipper up and the ball basically stops right on it. He's not doing a live catch. I've had my game set at 5 degree, all the way to 8 degrees, and it would never do that.

The ball also seems to move pretty sluggishly at certain points.

Anyone think this game plays a lot differently then theirs?

#1631 6 years ago

Bingo. Guy's got skills tho.

Mine was draining like mad when I had it at 6.5 degrees. Bumped it up to 6.8-6.9 degrees, and seems to be playing a little better. What do you guys have yours at?

And if you check out the video I just posted above, how the heck is that guy just raising his flipper to stop the ball? Seems odd!

#1633 6 years ago

Factory set 6.5 degrees loads of side drains. Check out some PAPA vids playing MM, there's voiceover as well from the player. He can catch as well. His name is Bo maybe? Search you tube for Medieval Madness gameplay.

Bowen Kerins. He's a beast! Sniper accuracy!

I'm curious to know what others have theirs set at?

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Mines set at 6.5 and comes down the left straight to my raised flipper

And stops on the flipper, or bounces off?

If I raise the flipper, the ball hits it, and then usually bounces off to the slingshot. In the video I posted, his ball jumps lands on the flipper with a small bounce, and stays on the flipper.

In order for me to do that, I have to live catch it. But this guy is just raising the flipper and waiting for it.

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Suggestion. Why don't you guys Set your games at 6.5 degrees or greater and develop your skills for your game, instead of changing your game to make it easier or predictable?

6.5 feels a bit floaty. Closer to 7 is faster and flows nice.

Regarding the flipper, I'm just curious as to why some machines would have the ball land flat on the flipper, but mine bounces all over the place.

Not looking to make it easy... Just curious

#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Even though there all MM's every game could be different. Differences on the playfield, different level angles side to side, and playfield pitch. When I measure pitch at the top it's 6.7, in the middle 6.5, at the bottom 6.3. I'm happy because for the most part it's 6.5 or greater which are factory settings. Get it as level as you can side to side and set your playfield pitch. At that point play it and have fun....

Seem to have it nice centred side to side. Do you normally adjust the side to side by the rear or front levellers?

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Think someone shared a link with you awhile back from pinball news about how to level a machine - read that it's great. In the article they recommend a Craftsman level. You bought an $8000.00 game, spend 50 bucks on a level. I usually turn the fronts all the way in and do side to side on the back. Once you measure the level you should be able to adjust side by side by changing only one leverer in the back...

I actually have two digital levels and a standard bubble level

I have a small digital level that I can line up anywhere in the playfield, and that seems to get an accurate read on the angles.

For me, I think it's more slant. Trying to find that sweet spot that I enjoy the most.

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Other than that, coming out of the mote on the left side I can hold the flipper up and i can cradle the ball. On the right when it comes out of the pops it goes to the right flipper fast and can't really catch. Originally it would hit the slightshot. I took a long nose and bent the ball guide out a little (thanks Rarehero). But again my game not yours...

I'm really puzzled now as to why a few of you are able to just raise the flipper and cradle the ball, and on my game, it bounces and either go to the center, or ends up in the slingshot.

I'm the same as you on the right. I actually can't even do a live catch. On the left I can fairly consistently.

I think being able to more dependably cradle on the left would allow me more control to hit castles and get closer to BFTK (which I'm determined to get!)

#1646 6 years ago

I took a video, and even added music for your enjoyment haha.

This is 3 consecutive ejects on the left and right, showing how much they vary, and never really hit the flipper and settle.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I took a video, and even added music for your enjoyment haha.
This is 3 consecutive ejects on the left and right, showing how much they vary, and never really hit the flipper and settle.
» YouTube video

Can anyone comment and let me know if this seems like the ball is bouncing normally.

I'm curious now that a few people have said there ball drops and stays on the flipper.

Thanks

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Every pin is different and can play very different this is the reason i love pinball..... who likes things that are predictable all the time? That gets boring imo

Totally agree! Just was seeming weird that so I kept seeing and hearing that balls would stop on flippers, and mine was totally not doing that.

I bumped mine up to 7 degrees, but might go back down to 6.5 and play there a while. The game just started side draining like crazy this week, and it totally wasn't like that before. I'm guessing the game plays differently as you get more wear on it.

It's my first pin, so I'm definitely learning all of this for the first time. Love it though!

#1655 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So if your game is truly level side to side I would look at 3 things. If you replaced your flipper rubber, put the original rubber back on. Have someone ( I'm at work) who's game consistently traps on the left flipper take a picture of the flipper in the raised position. Look how the flipper lines up with something on the playfield, and adjust your flipper the same. The last thing I would try is adjusting (bending) the left metal ball guide. That's all I can think of.......

Nope, rubber is factory still.

Can you possibly get a photo of yours later? Curious to see how mine lines up.

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

One thing for sure, after I wax my game, it plays totally different. I need to get a couple dozen games on it before it "calms" down.

I was under the impression that we did not need to wax these newer games for a while?

#1664 6 years ago

I heard the callout "fatality" the other day. Not sure what you need to do to get it but it was the original sound from Mortal Kombat.

Heard it a couple times this week too! Curious to know what triggers it.

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ok when my left flipper is up, the middle of the flipper tip lines up with the top corner of the 'F' in 'Defeat'......

Like this?

IMG_20170427_212451 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212451 (resized).jpg

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Sure if nobody beats me to it I'll take a pic when I get home..... Also I would reconfirm your game is staying level side to side.

So I put 3 levels on to be extra sure.

You'll see both digital levels read 0, but the bubble level is not centered.

Is it due to it laying flat? Standing up I get a centered bubble, which is even more confusing.

I'm so lost!

IMG_20170427_212154 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212154 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_212244 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_212244 (resized).jpg

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Very close. Maybe a little higher. Looks like it's lined with the center of the 'f' not the top corner, but you'll be a better judge looking at it in person. I wouldn't worry about the bubble level, use the digital ones. It looks level. I just wanted to make sure that by playing and nudging the game it wasn't making the side to side level go outta wack. Playing my game tonight I'd say I can trap the ball maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% it's bouncing off the flipper....

You totally should make a video of it, and even include awesome music like I did

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Keep thinking there are updates and it's just another 20 posts from Damien

Harsh, man!

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

haha, i was totally teasing you

No hard feelings brother. I know I'm noobing it up here, and probably annoying some of you, but I'm definitely learning some stuff, and although I suck ass at pinball, I must say my skills have improved

Thanks all for putting up with me!

#1679 6 years ago

Decided to play a couple of quick games before bed.

First game was rough. Second game everything seemed to be flowing, and I ended up getting the closest I've been to BFTK. Had all the blue "master" lights lit, and just needed to finish off the 6th castle!!!

If I only got the extra ball from Castle Multiball, I could have done it! Damn this game is awesome when it's all dialled in right!!!

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I've been debating about getting a AFM as well as I enjoy that game a lot too. Only concern is if it's too similar to MM, would it get boring?
I found it to be fun and the humor great like MM.

I'm right there with you! I bought a TZ recently, and I'm not really feeling it. I know everyone puts this at the top of the list, but I just don't get it. I find the left jets and drains defeating, and I find the excessive punishment for missed shots to be a buzzkill.

So, I'm debating parting with the TZ, grabbing a Getaway as my second game, and perhaps saving for a AFMr

Only thing holding me back (aside from $$$) is the idea that a MB remake might be coming next!

#1701 6 years ago

Assuming everything goes smoothly, you are still looking at 2 years away from that.

That's totally fine by me. To own that game, brand new with new tech, and pay less than it's going for on the market today, is well worth the wait

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Finally filled in that space

Looks sharp. Where'd you pick that up?

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

My Undercab kit for this machine uses 8 feet of leds so it can handle plenty of strips. I make actual connectors to tie into flashers so no mistakes can be made. Some people have the know how but many do not.
If you want something made with a connector just ask. Yes you will pay more money having me do it vs. you but I am much cheaper and less painful than having to fix your boards.
To my knowledge I am the only one who provides a plug and play mods for MMR all others I know of use alligator clips or solder it yourself systems. I make a Moat flasher, speaker lights, backpanel mod, and my Interactive Undercab kit.
lermods may have some plug and play stuff as well I just am not that familiar with his products. I do see he has many for this machine though.

Do you have your kits listed anywhere that we can check out? Interested in your moat kit.

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Strategy question. First, do you go for the skill shot? If so, what is your approach to hit a loop to get the hurry up? Do you try to time your shot as it comes racing around or do you try to catch/control the ball first? If you try to control it, what is your approach? Seems like the best strategy is skill shot, control the ball then go for a ramp but it comes around so fast I can't come up with an effective method to control the ball.

I can't catch the ball on the right flipper coming out of the jets, so I usually just let it bounces off the right, over to the left, then back to the right for a cradle. From there, I'll go for Peasant and Damsal, then slow it down, work on Joust, and hope to get some lucky bounces over to Catapult. Hope to light up all four and then hit Merlyn for Trolls. I just need to get better at using the Multiball to take out castles. Got to Royal Madness twice in one game last night, and squandered both

Question for you guys... Is it extremely difficult to aim and hit Catapult?

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Catapult is the toughest and most dangerous shot in the game. Worth shooting for direct though since the target in there gives you a free catapult hit, essentially giving you two hits for one. It's just a tight, TIGHT shot.

I can hit it direct for two shots by cradling on the right flipper, letting it roll down, and shooting at almost the very edge of the flipper. It's a shot I rarely make, but often regret

#1761 6 years ago

I was cleaning my pf with Novus last night and noticed some white hazy trails on the inlane down to the flippers. It's obviously from the ball traveling, but is there any way to clean it up? I've only had the game 3 months, and can't imagine what it might look like in a couple of years.

And the mylar are the trolls seems to be coming up a bit. It's at the point in the middle of the trolls at the bottom, where one edge is slightly overlapping the other.

Any help would be appreciated

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Novus 1 has no abrasives. It's meant for quick cleaning of soft plastic clear motorcycle helmets that scratch easily.
It's ok for quick wipedowns and light cleaning between waxing. It won't do much about cleaning up ball trails obviously.
Careful use of Novus 2 can shine up ball return lanes but by it's very nature it has to cut into the CC to remove the trails so not going nuts with it is important.

So a little Novus 2 will clean up the trails?

I have Mill Wax from a local Pinball shop. Is that a good one to use after to wax the pf?

Also, I was under the impression that new games did not need to be waxed for a while? I got mine in January, so it's only a few months old with about 500 games played.

2 weeks later
#1818 6 years ago

Quick question... Let's say I complete ramps for Peasant and Damsal, and then start the multiball, am I able to get another multiball from Joust, Catapult, or Trolls? Or do I have to complete them all to get the full Multiball Madness? I'm trying to figure out ways to get more multi balls and knockout more castles.

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

No, once you start multiball and it ends you don't get another one until you complete the others and do royal madness. After that you can start another one by finishing the ramps, joust etc... the other ones are castle multi balland barnyard multiball

Yea, that's what I figured. I usually stack 3-5 madnesses, and then light up the multiball. I had 3 extra balls last night, and crapped the bed shooting at castles. My game drains hard on shots to the gate. I don't recall this many SDTM when I first brought the game home though!

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

The only exception is Troll Madness. If trolls are lit, once you start multiball, destroy the trolls and you add Troll Madness and get an additional ball save. It may kick out another ball as well. For example, it you had a single two-ball multiball madness, it'll add a third ball.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. Definitely feels good to get the Trolls after draining a ball in your multiball.

It's weird, I'm finding it harder to hit castles lately. I had moved the machine, and leveled it perfectly to 6.5. Previously, when I first took it out of the box, we had it set up at like 8 degrees, and I swear I remember hitting castles and not really getting a lot of SDTM.

#1825 6 years ago

Close to 300 games in, I finally lit all Madness inserts in the same game. Can't say I purposely tried doing that until lately but seems like I need to step my game up going forward if I ever want to get to BFTK. One interesting thing that happened in a prior game tonite was Merlin granted me Damsel Madness. Never saw that before but this particular game I earned them all.

As in blue lights (Master of...) or the actual Madnesses that take you to Royale Madness?

Getting to either of them is a blast, so congrats!

#1847 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well that's arguably the hardest one to get, next to Castle Crusher Unless you get Smack-A-Troll...

Unless Merlin hands you a Light Trolls or Start Trolls and you have some Madnesses lined up. Then you have a good chance of taking down the 10 trolls and possibly shooting some castles.

I've had everything Mastered a couple of times, bit I'm always 1-2 castles away from BFTK.

Shooting for castles on my game is suicide. Do you guys find this is how it is on yours?

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why would you say anything? They're designed for that. Shake the sh!t out of them!!!

If I'm in an intense game, I sometimes give my machine a good beatdown haha.

I hope they're designed for that!!!

#1862 6 years ago

Noticed my right flipper sticking a couple of times... Is it likely to happen occasionally, or is this the sign that thee is binding or something else?

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd suspect binding first. Coil stop screws in tight ?

Checked the coil stop screws, and they were nice and snug.

I also checked the lock nuts holding the flipper bat in place, and that was nice and tight. Actually, so tight that you can see the bolt is bent. Is that how it's supposed to be?

IMG_20170526_130908 (resized).jpgIMG_20170526_130908 (resized).jpg

#1867 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's okay, somebody went to town to tighten the pawl to the flipper shaft.
Do you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat so the pawl isn't binding under the playfield to the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in ?
The rubber insulator on the pawl that closes the EOS leaf blades - is it worn ? Look at it carefully and push the flipper bat up and see if it catches on the EOS leaf blade.
The front coil bracket in your picture, the top by the coil lugs is leaning towards the flipper shaft a little, I'd bend that back a little and be sure the coil stop is straight up and down. When they lean in or out, weird things can happen with the plunger movement.

Here a little video showing the play:

EOS and pawl look fine.

Can you be a bit more specific about the coil stop. You're referring to the end with the lugs? The thick L shaped bracket​? Do I pull it off and bend that? Not even sure what tool I'd need as it's pretty thick.

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up and down play is good.
Have you remove the plunger assembly to see if the pawl-plastic link- plunger , moves freely or is binding.

Look from the wire to the coil lug, see the gap between the metal L bracket near the lugs and as it goes towards the flipper base
plate and playfield, no gap ?
Easy to remove the coil stop, slide the coil off and leave hanging by the wires, take a pliers and gently bend the end of the L bracket back a bit.

Took the coil off and the sleeve and stop were filthy. Put in a new sleeve and replaced the stop and it immediately made the flipper feel stronger.

Pretty happy doing it myself considering two months ago I had to have a tech come over to do it for me.

The more you know

Thanks again for all the help!

#1886 6 years ago

Been watching this video to get some tips:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the slant must be quite a bit more than 6.5 based on the speed of the ball, the lack of bounce on flippers, and the rarity of balls draining down the sides.

Or maybe I'm just envious that he seems to get BFTK so effortlessly haha

Thoughts?

#1900 6 years ago

Changed my game from 6.5 to 7 degrees tonight, and seems to be making a difference. Less bounce and more control on the ball. I still suck though haha!

#1903 6 years ago

Arghhhhhhhhhh!

Played a couple of games tonight, and on my first ball, I was up to 70 million, Royale Madness ready, 4 castles down, 2 extra balls, and looking like I might see BFTK for the time!

Drain my first ball, and then the next 4 balls were absolute junk! Ended with 80 million and wanted to flip the machine right over!!!

Dammit I suck hahahaha!

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Had an awesome game this afternoon. Beat it twice in one game. First time doing that. I've been to the end twice before but never beat it both times. You get 50 mil for the first time and 100 mil for the 2nd

Holy shit! I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm struggling to get to the first BFTK. Closest I've been is 5th castle, and everything mastered.

But I keep losing balls in the side drains, and usually after having one good ball, I squander the rest

#1918 6 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the strength of the slingshots?

And, will turning the shooter strength to light reduce the wear in the shooter lane?

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils.

Some, but be sure the ball gets to the lane.

I'm assuming this is in the CGC menu? I don't see a "coil" setting... Is it solenoid?

#1923 6 years ago

Confused. Does the trough setting alter the strength of slingshot, or something else?

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ball trough up to shooter lane only.
Can't adjust slingshots on MMR, I made a mistake.

Is there a reference that explains the changes in the Williams settings? For instance, the default setting for the Castle is hard. What do the other options for this change. I'm guessing less shots to complete?

Was this in the owner's manual?

And one last thing... Updated to 2.0.2 today and first game the sound was interrupted by this horrible crackling.

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Download the MM manual from IPDB and see if it's in there.

Is it okay now ?

Yup, found it. So just looks like it's one less hit per castle in "easy".

Tempted to try it, but feel likes it's cheating!

I'll let you know about the sound when I get a chance to get a game in this evening.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.23.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-04 at 11.23.24 PM (resized).png

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Download the MM manual from IPDB and see if it's in there.

Is it okay now ?

Heard that awful audio crackling again!

Is this a known issue?

#1941 6 years ago

Question about dialing in... Played a MMR at one of the local meets today, and absolutely loved the way it played.

When I shot at the gate, the ball would come back nicely to one of the flippers, but dangerously enough that without some control, it could SDTM.

On my MMR, it's suicide to hit castles. Once you do, the ball either goes right down the middle, or leads to some scary bounces.

Couple of differences I noticed in the machine today is that the flippers seemed set higher. I lined the bats up with the holes, but this machine looks like it was lined up with the rubbers on (so higher).

Also, he had installed Superbands, and although both of our machines are at about 7 degrees, he had the front legs cranked up about 1/4 way, where mine are flat in the front.

Just curious to know some tips on dialing in.

#1943 6 years ago

Not sure what you are asking so I'll leave it to others to answer. What I've learned over all the games on my MMR. The risky shot is the gate, as you've found, the drawbridge almost never SDTMs. The gate SDTMs are not configurable, are you trying to make it easier? Maybe there's some assembly play in the castle. I would suggest trying a combo shot when you are on your last ball with no extra balls lined up. Most direct shots will be risky. Even the troll switches SDTM sometimes. I know this is not helpful but as I asked, are you trying to make the machine easier for some reason?

No, not easier, just a with a bit more control to take down a few castles. The game I played today allowed me to catch balls coming from the castle, and I was at Payne's castle after some strategic playing. On my game, I'm lucky to get to castle 4!

Just trying to figure out how to adjust to allow a bit more control coming out of the castle gate hits.

#1945 6 years ago

Starting to think my game has it out for me.

If you have a sec to look at this quick video, you'll see two brutal side drains right off the slingshots at the end. I played an MMR the other day, and it played nothing like this.

I'm set at 6.5 and 0 degrees across.

I'm seriously ready to sell this thing or throw it out of the window!!! Hahaha

#1948 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

You can also try to adjust your slingshot settings. The slings can be adjusted separately as far a s I remember. Go down one unit and the slings fire less agressively.

I'm set at about 6.7 in the lower part of the playfield. It's about 6.4 just under the trolls.

There are also a couple of spot in the middle of the pf where it dips to about 6.2. is this normal?

As for the slingshots, I don't believe there is way to adjust aside from manually tweaking the switches. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Looked at the video and thought your game played slower, my slope is 7+ degrees. As far as the side drains, I saw nothing noteworthy there. I can't tell you how many times I've had a ball go 2/3 down the inlane only to have some magical power spin it up and over the divider into the outlane.
As far as slope, it should be consistent; however, finding an instrument that is long enough and precise enough and then place it exactly parallel to the playfield sides is darn near impossible. Add to that the impact of any side to side out-of-level condition and I suspect variation is more likely due to measurement than the playfield itself.

It's funny, I had my pin playing nearly perfect, but then had to replace a coil sleeve and when I put it back together, something was off. Decided I'd change up the level of the machine to see how it would play, and now I can't get back to that "sweet spot".

I think my flippers might be part of the issue. I lined the bats up laying on a toothpick without the rubbers. When I put the rubbers on, and I place a straight edge down the inlane, the rubber does not touch the ruler.

I hear a lot of people saying to lined the flippers up with the lane. I'm assuming by that we mean the tip (small end) of the flipper touches? The base (big end) is set lower and regardless of the angle, there will always be a space.

Is this normal, or yet something else with my MMR?

And one final thing... Not sure if this was always happening, but I just noticed when I enter Multiball, for some reason, balls rolling down the right side will hit the top of the slingshot, and get a kick out. I don't recall if my game always did this or if it just started?!?! Should it always be clearing the slingshot and dropping to the flipper? Does something slow the ball down in Multiball that is creating a slower drop off the guides?

#1956 6 years ago

I think I may have figured out the problem to why it seemed I could not get my game dialed in again.

I was readjusting the flippers when I noticed one was going g a little higher. If you see the images, they are both aligned with the toothpick, but once pressed, the right one extends more than the left.

Replaced the flipper arm and the flipper itself, and it feels better. I think the shaft on the stock flippers had wear on it, so it was not pivoting smoothly.

I kinda like the look of the yellow too!

IMG_20170609_234332 (resized).jpgIMG_20170609_234332 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170609_234235 (resized).jpgIMG_20170609_234235 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170610_001105 (resized).jpgIMG_20170610_001105 (resized).jpg

#1957 6 years ago

In case anyone is interested in the flipper sword and emblem set, there is only one left in stock:

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p80/Medieval_Madness_Full_Combo_Kit_Special.html

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I have 1200 plays on it which is more than I play my other pins but not enough to normally need a flipper rebuildkit.
I found my right flipper started sticking briefly in the up position only rarely which made troubleshooting difficult.
Then I noticed that one of the allen bolts had fallen out of the coil stop letting it get slightly out of alignment. So I lined it up and replaced the bolt and it still sticks occasionally. I pulled it apart and cleaned and checked everthing and couldn't find any problems. The end stop has a very slight mark where the shaft hits as you would expect but isn't mushroomed or badly worn.
Anyway as I have been unable to fix it I'm going to install a rebuild kit. Fingers crossed that fixes it.

I have close to 1000 plays, and I've had the sticking problem twice. First time was within the first 100 plays. Replaced coil sleeve, and problem resolved.

Now I'm getting it again, and even after replacing the coil sleeve and stop, the left feels a little stickier than the right. I have to take another look.

Make sure you check your flipper opto as well. This was a problem on my IJ.

#1964 6 years ago

One thing I noticed playing last night, is that if a Multiball is going, most balls coming down the right lane (from the jets) end up hitting the top part of the right slingshot.

I can't remember if this was happening before I re-dialed the machine, so just wanted​to get some feedback.

#1972 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me the part # for the slingshot switches? I can find the kicker in the manual, but not the 4 switches.

Thanks

#1974 6 years ago

Cheers!

You need a "kicker" and "score" switch on each slingshot right?

And more thing I wanted to ask all of you MMR owners... Has anyone removed the mylar from the trolls? I find the slight ridge can change the direction of the ball rolling downward, and I'm curious to know if you even need the mylar for HUO where you regularly wax?

#1976 6 years ago

Anyone...?

Is it really necessary to have the mylar around the trolls if your game is HUO and you clean and wax regularly?

#1979 6 years ago

Had only Payne's gate to beat, and everything else completed. Closest I've gotten...

Had I not totally shit the bed on the second Castle Multiball, I would have done it! Getting close!!!

IMG_20170613_163746 (resized).jpgIMG_20170613_163746 (resized).jpg

#1981 6 years ago

Hard to see in a still picture, but Payne insert is blinking? Drawbridge down? How many gate hits? How many Royal Madnesses does it take to get here? What's your score? I've only completed 4 castles and Royal Madness once in the same game, 2 lit blue master inserts....

Yeah, the drawbridge was down, and I think I might have hit the gate once or twice... I really threw away that second Castle Multiball. All I had to do is be patient, and I would have taken the castle down. Oh well... Getting closer?

My score was 108 million, which is pretty much exactly what my grand champion score is previously.

What's your gc score?

#1988 6 years ago

52 million and change, just enough to get the gc. 2 extra balls during that game. I have the factory settings for one ball save, but I don't remember if I needed a ball save that game.

Keep it up, and you'll get deeper into the game. It gets pretty intense as you master all the modes, and then attempt to defeat all castles.

When you get a multiball, go for the castles!

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just had an epic game. First two balls sucked. Made it to bftk but didn't defeat the last castle because I was out of troll bombs. Wasted them because after the first two balls, I figured why not.
I then FINALLY got barnyard multiball! Never thought I'd reach that.
Completed three royal madnesses and was two castle shots away from a 2nd bftk!
I need a drink. Lol.

Do you have to defeat the trolls? I thought you could shoot between them at the castle?

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Get trolls mode lit. As well as having all other multiball lit execpt trolls. Start Multiball madness with trolls. Once you knock down the trolls you will add troll multiball madness to you current multiball.
Then once your multiball is over, royal madness will be lit. Start royal madness and every lit shot will add to lighting the blue center inserts.

Exactly my strategy. So satisfying to get that 4 Madness Multiball call-out, and then the crazy one once you knock down the trolls.

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for this advice, I swapped them over today and played for about an hour without it sticking. I still feel I need a couple more hours play to prove it but it's looking good so far.
I can't really see how swapping them could have fixed it. I had already checked the opto and cleaned it reseated the connection and checked that it wasn't getting stuck on anything. If there is a fault with it why does it work on the left side?
Anyway fingers crossed that I'm not back next week posting that it's sticking again.

I'm having the exact same issue... I replaced the flippers, crank and plunger, coil sleeve and coil stop, and thought it was fixed. But now it feels like there is glue under the flipper button, and it's just not as smoother as the other one. It makes it hard to play, because that sticking causes a slight delay in making connections.

Before I start trouble shooting, I have a question about the the crank and flipper shaft. I know that you are supposed to put the spacing tool between the flipper and the bushing, but what space should you have between the bushing and the crank?

When you put the flipper shaft through the crank, and put it in place, it moves as you tighten the pawl.

So should it be flush with the bushing, or should there be space?

#2020 6 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball coming down the right guides and hitting the top portion of the slingshot, but usually only during Multiball?

It's been happening lately, and nothing I do with leveling the game is fixing it. It seriously disrupts the flow of the game.

Any suggestions?

#2027 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I had to bend my guide just a tad

Can I ask how you did that? Did you remove the guide from the game and adjust?

What tool did you use?

I don't understand why the guide would need adjusting this early on. Game was playing fine and ball dropping down to the flipper smoothly. Now constantly hitting the slingshot and draining out or messing up the flow of a good Multiball.

I'm confused as to why it does it on Multiball only though? Single ball play never drops and hits the slingshot.

Any ideas?

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the locknut holding it by the slingshot. Move the wireform guide left or right as needed. Retighten.

Wireform?? Isn't it the guide that I need to adjust.

Also, regarding the other reply about cleaning, I did recently clean, but not around the jets. I'll try to get in there to clean it up and hopefully that will smoothen out the flow.

One little observation. The guide on the left side petrudes out slightly​ from the rubber post, but on the right, the guide is just a tad bit behind the rubber, almost flush. Doesn't seem possible that the ball could bend or move the guide, but what the hell do I know!?!?

Last thing... Do you guys generally keep your games at perfect zero level, or so you lean left/right as needed to make ramps shots and other shots more reliable?

#2034 6 years ago

Ohhhhh man! I just took a little break from work to play one quick game, and I just about did it!

Beat the King's castle for the very first time, and had all modes mastered except for Trolls. Got trolls, with a 3 ball madness multiball and ended up getting them all stuck in catapult

Fished one out, and it drained right away, and then scrambled to get control of the two remaining balls but Trolls ended.

Then I only needed Trolls to start my third Royale Madness, and I bricked the shot and it went SDTM.

Sooooooooooooo close!

#2036 6 years ago

Did you increase the catapult strength to +1? That'll clear 2 balls but I've never had 3 in there.

It happens so infrequently that I decided not to turn up the power of the coil. Go figure that the problem happens on the best game I've ever had haha.

1 week later
#2055 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Thanks for checking. I am on my way to Best Buy to purchase new speakers.

Can you send a link to the speakers you buy.

Or can anyone suggestions the best possible upgrade (quality-wise) that is easy to install.

#2061 6 years ago

So Kicker is the recommendation for tweets and Polk for subs?

Any soldering involved? Or just a direct swap, and change the speaker wire?

#2063 6 years ago

One more question... Is there any quality advantage to using Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers? I know the install is straight forward and you get that little audio control knob, but curious to hear opinions before I upgrade. Thanks!

1 week later
#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Today I removed the kicker speaker upgrade and installed the Pinballpro speaker kit. Removing the original cabinet speaker mount was horrible. It was stapled and glued down. After the mount was removed installation was a breeze. I am happy with the outcome.

Was thinking to order a set. Is there a drastic difference in sound?

After removing the cabinet grill, how did you install the subwoofer? Did you have to screw into the bottom of the cab?

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

You have to pry off the old mount with a small pry bar or large screwdriver and hammer. It doesn't come off in one piece, so you have to scrape the rest off with a razor scraper. It took me about an hour to remove the cabinet mount.
The bass is pretty good and the back box speakers are about equal with the Kickers. I agree with the other posts about needing to go with a powered sub if you want more bass. You only have so much to work with using just the stock amp etc. It is a drastic improvement over the stock speaker setup.

Yea, I'm not looking to shake the house. A powered sub is overkill for my needs.

When you get the mount off, how does the sub attach to the cabinet?

#2092 6 years ago

Finally got to BFTK, but just couldn't hit that damn Damsel ramp!

F*%$ that was intense!

IMG_20170717_015129 (resized).jpegIMG_20170717_015129 (resized).jpeg

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That is without beating BFTK? Nice score!

Yeah, I couldn't hit the Damsel ramp! No idea why it was so tough to hit, but guess the nerves got the better of me!

#2106 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to have the Castle 2.0 installed?

Would love to see photos, and hear what is involved in the replacement/install.

Cheers!

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Almost a year after acquiring my MMR, my son (18 y/o) finally conquered the BFTK... and now we have a new king of the realm!!
All hail King Matt!!!

Awesome! I got to BKTK for the first time earlier this week, and was just one Damsel ramp away from getting to the last part of defeating the castle.

Next time, I'll choose my shots more wisely, and keep that multiball alive for the castle.

#2110 6 years ago

I was referring to this: http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_castle_mod.php

Software is all good... And haven't had any crackling audio since the overwrite!

#2112 6 years ago

Super noob question here... I have my game at 6.7, and played another MMR that was set at 6.8. You'd expect the 6.8 slant to play faster, however, it was markedly slower. I would even say smoother, as it was easier to control the ball and determine where it was going.

His machine was about 2 years old, and mine has been in use for 6 months. Both get cleaned and waxed every month or two.

Any thoughts on this?

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

How did your determine the slopes? A phone, they are not that accurate and a minor deviation on placement will change the readings. The built in bubble level, those are more useless than a phone level. Does the "slow" machine have a stupid protector on it?, were both games clean, and waxed to the same degree,

Both were measured with a digital level.

What is a protector?

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thank you...I appreciate the advice...sounds pretty simple

If you run into any issues, get in touch... I was right there where you are a few months ago.

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You obviously haven't subscribed to the Damien Method of setting up your pins! Maybe you need to go back an re-read some of this thread. I personally have mine set at 6.75, so my experience is probably a bit between the two that were described.

Just pulling your leg, Damien... love you man!! I've actually only had my MMR a tad bit longer than you and have learned quite a bit from the discussions in this thread

Hahaha, the feeling is mutual!

I get a little OCD with the levelling, but seriously, my game is brutal compared to anything I've played out there!

#2123 6 years ago

Noticed tonight that a few of the inserts are a bit raised, to the point where you can see the outline and if running your fingers across the pf, you can feel that they are slightly protruding.

Is this normal?

#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Noticed tonight that a few of the inserts are a bit raised, to the point where you can see the outline and if running your fingers across the pf, you can feel that they are slightly protruding.
Is this normal?

Anyone?

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Raised inserts? No. That’s not expected.
Can you please take some pictures?

You can see and feel the outline of the insert on a couple of them. Not exactly raised. But I only see it on a couple of them.

#2140 6 years ago

Just had my most epic game ever. 3 Royale Madnesses (zero completed), 3 Castle Multiballs, Video Mode (failed), and Barnyard Multiball (first time ever getting this).

I had the 6th castle open with just that final shot to land to start BFTK and I rang one off the post and down the drain

Had I played a little better, I may have become the new ruler of the land! Getting closer...

#2149 6 years ago

Noticing some wear in the shooter lane, VUKs, and some other spots.

Was thinking I probably should install some Cliffys. Does anyone happen to have any install instructions, as the ones on Cliffy's site a pretty terrible.

Thanks in advance

#2151 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

How many plays do you have on your game?

I'd say about 1500 games. Would have to check in the menus, but I believe I'm around there.

#2152 6 years ago

And... Did it!

Had a killer game. Finished BFTK while still on ball 1 (using 2-3 extras balls)!

Amazing wizard mode... Hands were shaking like crazy as I worked on that final castle!

IMG_20170807_003940 (resized).jpgIMG_20170807_003940 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170807_004837 (resized).jpgIMG_20170807_004837 (resized).jpg

#2155 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

That's awesome. Great job. Now that you mastered MMR, it's time to get yourself an AFMR.

Waiting on my LE

#2161 6 years ago

How many kings of the realm does the game store? Right now it shows the default one and the one that I very happily did myself.

#2184 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Changed out the post rubbers to Cliffy's. Much better now! No more air balls, you shouldn't be getting air balls on this game. Thanks Cliff!

What does he make that replaces the posts?

#2188 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In a pinch, ignition wrenches or 4" craftsman mini channel lock will fit behind the troll head for tightening.
You can only go half a turn at a time but it will do the job.

That's exactly what I had to do. It took forever and my hands were cramping up, but I got it tightened and haven't had an issue since.

#2196 6 years ago

Any suggestions on adding a bit of light to the castle entrance?

Figured it would add some appeal to have the light there when the drawbridge lowers.

1 week later
#2210 6 years ago

Finished BFTK for the second time tonight... Never gets old!

#2218 6 years ago

Can you describe your strategy? I had my best game this weekend, only 59+ million though. Completed Royal Madness, had Joust Champion and Catapault Ace and Master of Trolls master inserts lit, 4 castles and one ball left. I decided to concentrate on the castle with the last ball and drained.

I have a bit of a strategy, but I'm not good enough to really stick to it most games haha!

I try to start the game by hitting the castle gate first, so that when I get Merlin, he doesn't give me the crappy drawbridge opening. Ideally, I want to get Light Trolls, and from there I try to stack all the madnesses (Catapult, Joust, Damsel, Peasant). As I'm doing this, I'm also trying to lock balls in the castle for that multiball. I rarely ever shoot at the castle intentionally unless I'm in a multiball. Once the madnesses are lit, or I at least have two of them, I'll start that multiball, take out 10 trolls if I'm lucky, and then do nothing but shoot for the castle. Then I'll go for Royale Madness (usually I'll miss the extra ball) and then start working on reloading all the madnesses to get another multiball. It's best to have trolls lit, as you will get to start the multiball once 5 trolls are hit, and if you have all madnesses, you actually get a 4 ball multiball. When I start a castle multiball, I try to get the lit ramps and collect an extra ball. And then of course, shoot for the castle.

I find I need two castle multiballs, and two multiball madnesses if I want to get to BFTK. It takes a lot of castle shots to beat all 6, and of course it's suicide to just shoot at them with one ball in play.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more.

Cheers

#2236 6 years ago

Curious to hear from anyone who has played a newer CGC remake versus the original Stern remake.

I recently got my AFMr LE and the build quality seems noticeably greater.

#2238 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Is it safe to assume that you mean greater than your MMR build quality since that's the thread we're in? Or if not, what is it greater than?
If you are referring to the MMR, what items on yours seem of noticeably lesser build quality? I have had zero issues on my MMR LE and can't imagine what items I would want to be built better. I do realize that a few have had issues on here, but I always assumed it was from poor QC on that particular game. But maybe I'm missing some overall build quality items that were discussed in the last 2200+ posts.

It's more the feel than anything. AFMR feels sturdy, where I find MMR in comparison feels slightly rickety.

Might just be me, or my specific game, but I do feel that AFM is built better. I used the word "noticeable" in my last post, but that may not be a fair way of describing it, as the difference in quality in my opinion is probably closer to subtle.

It doesn't help either that I had a host of issues right out of the box with my MMR

Regardless... Two fantastic games that will probably never leave my growing collection.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I would have to agree that MMr does feel slightly rickety in comparison to AFMr. I notice on my MMR that when you lift the playfield, you need to work it side to side so that you don't scrape the sides against the side rails. Feels as if the cabinet isn't square or is too small for the playfield.

Yes, I have that issue as well. With AFMR, I feel I can lift up and down without too much concern.

My small castle door just dropped off my castle recently. Now it's hanging on with zip ties since I was ready to take the castle off an fix it.

So that is why I was wondering if there was a build quality improvement with the CGC made MMRs.

#2261 6 years ago

Yup, have the same issue. Had to bend the guide and now it falls on the flipper rather than the sling.

But I find after a bunch of play, it does need more bending.

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

anybody own both MMr and AFMr? It sounds like the build quality went up a bit from MMr. I was a little surprised about the cost of all the upgrades, and still having to fix certain issues (the damsel scoop thing, the speakers, for example). Sounds like they knocked it out of the park on AFMr

I have both in LE. I personally find that AFM is built better. I just feels more sturdy all around. I'm not technically inclined at all, so this is based solely on feel. However, if you made me pick one, I'd still likely take MMR because I just enjoy the game play and theme more. Again, that's just me...

#2274 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the castle 2.0 from Pinwize? Just looking to get some feedback on it before pulling the trigger.

http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_castle_mod.php

Also, does anyone have any suggestions (or even better, a link to a guide) for uninstalling the castle? I need to get it off anyhow to install some Cliffy's.

Cheers

#2276 6 years ago

The only castle disassembly you need to do is remove the nut on top of each castle tower and take the top (turret) off of them. Then pull up the whole castle front. The moat jump cliffy is tough to install, at least it was for me, and I skipped that one. Need to disassemble the flasher stack and white clips on the left side under the catapault ramp to do that one. Others here have gotten in in.

For the lip of the castle (small Multiball door) I have the Mantis protector installed.

The hole inside of the castle where the ball drops into is taking a beating. What's the best way to install that? Instructions on Cliffy's site are useless.

Also have a protector for the castle eject (on left) but not sure how to access it.

Thanks

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Does the Mantis jump protector still have that extra screw hole for the screw they say you don't need to put in? I love that protector and think the area looks naked without it, but I hate both the idea of drilling an extra screw hole in my PF as well as having an empty screw hole there.

It does. I just used the one existing screw and seems to hold in place.

#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It isn't that hard to get to the underside of the moat jump. See below.

Ya, the inner castle ball drop (aka the moat jump) takes a beating, maybe more than any other area. See below for install.

I was able to find it not too hard to get to the underside of the inner castle ball drop. That's how I installed the Mantis protector I used and recently posted about here, and with some bending to fit through the hole you may be able to install the cliffy protector as well that way. I had both protectors but after installing the Mantis is looked adequately protected to me and I didn't install the cliffy version as well.
To get to the underside of the inner castle ball drop (aka the moat jump), prop up the playfied to get access to the underside. Remove the moat VUK (it's on the left side of the moat. Then remove the moat plastic. I was able to wiggle the green plastic out from all the surrounding stuff, and then have it out of the way (without any further disassembly other than moving the harness a bit and potentially unplugging/disconnecting a cable or two).
Hope that helps.

I'm a bit confused... I have the Mantis protector on the moat jump, that also has a bar that protects the bottom of the drawbridge. So there is also a Cliffy that install under that? For what though? I know he now has a protector for the edge of the moat directly across from the moat jump, as the bounce backs beat that edge up (I already have a little crack showing). But not sure what exactly is being protected under the moat jump.

And for the Mantis protector that go into the secret entrance (inside castle), what is required? It appears to install from the bottom, so do I need to take off the moat for this?

And for the VUK protector, I read that some people just removed the mech, and a couple moat screws to get it in?

#2290 6 years ago

I installed the Mantis protector in the castle moat jump hole last night. I have about 750 games on my MMR and could already see some clear cracking and a tiny bit of edge wear on the playfield wood straight back from where the ball enters that castle ball lock entrance. I agree that this is an essential protector for MM/MMR. Lots of disassembly required though, on the underside where the mantis goes, VUK mech has to come off ( 3 wood screws), to get that off, loosen a small circuit board to get the 3rd VUK screw out, have to unscrew 4 wiring harness ties, disconnect 3 wire connectors to FL72, SW37 and SW41 and then remove the moat by taking out 7 screws and disconnecting the moat wire connector. Have to loosen one of the L brackets where one of the wiring harness ties goes in as it interferes with one of the Mantis screws, which there are 3 of in total. Took me all of the late Monday Night football game Broncos/Chargers, I figure 3.5 hours. The Cliffy moat jump protects the same area of wood that Mantis does and also protects the moat plastic itself, which the Mantis does not. I agree that that Cliffy moat jump might not be essential, top dis-assembly seems difficult to get it in anyway. The moat assembly if it gets cracked would cost about $85, but could be replaced.

Sounds like more work than I was hoping for haha! What size hole did you drill for the screws?

Also, you think that the Mantis protector will cover the moat jump hole enough that you don't need the Cliffy?

I have the full Mantis set, but was about to order the Cliffy's for shooter lane, catapult, and drawbridge.

Oh, and one last thing... Did you install the Mantis protector for Merlin?

#2294 6 years ago

Actually I just installed the cliffy moat jump as well. I probably have a rare machine now that has both the mantis and cliffy moat jump installed. If I was to do it over again, I'd pick the Cliffy only as you get the full wood and moat plastic protector with the extended protector feature. In the end, the dis-assembly for the Cliffy was probably a little less intense than the mantis, no mole connector dis-connects needed and minimal wood screws. The cliffy was not designed it seems, to be installed AFTER the mantis. Don't see this anywhere, but if you install both, install the cliffy between the playfield and the mantis, or like me, I did not do that, so you'll have to jury rig the one screw hole that won't line up correctly now. (2 existing screws are used for the cliffy top-side, the one on the short width of the lock hole does not line up since the mantis protector thickness was not considered if the mantis is already on).
Some Cliffy install advice: Unscrew the screws on top of each castle turret and remove the castle tops and front in whole. Loosen the catapault nut and take it off, the one above the flasher stack, on top of the black vertical pole, and remove 2 other nuts on the peasant ramp. Remove the red flasher plastic for one of those. Now remove the flasher plastic below the catapault on the left side of the castle, where there is a stack of plastic. First remove the flasher there, it disconnects, and remove it. Remove the 2 layers of plastic around that flasher by pinching the white shim pieces at the top with some needlenose pliers, be gentle. This lets you access the playfield nuts. Remove 2 nuts on the horizontal plastic that sits on top of the metal ball rail and work those up to remove the plastic. Now you have access to the 2 playfield wood screws that the cliffy uses. I took those out, lifted the ball rail a little and squeezed the cliffy underneath, also bent the side of the cliffy away from the wood, the cliffy side that has the underfield tab. Once in under the ball rail, I pushed that bent side back and the tab goes under the playfield between it and the moat. I used a pair of needlenose pliers that had a soft covering on the handles and wedged it in the lock hole to push the bent side of the cliffy back into proper shape. That's pretty much it, now re-assemble.
I did install the mantis and pinbits merlin protectors yes. I described that in an earlier post here, don't want to go over it again. The trick though is DO NOT deform the mantis protector, it will not go back to its original shape easily if at all and will not fit properly after that.
The other thing I noticed with that castle hole exposed, is that the mantis castle protector, cobblestone piece that protects the wood in from of the lock shot door, does not adequately protect the hole leading wood edge, that protector should be longer by at least an 8th of an inch. I have some wood damage there and the protector was there from day 1.

I dunno, your install instructions for the Cliffy sound way more complicated!

Any screws needed for the Cliffy, or just existing screws?

#2304 6 years ago

So in case anyone cares: I have installed every available (that I know of) Cliffy, Mantis and Pinbits protector on my MMR. It cost about $250 including part shipping and took an estimated 35 hours of work. I installed:
Cliffy: Drawbridge edge, Shooter lane ball eject, Catapault, Drain hole, Castle Moat Jump and Moat Kickback.
Mantis: Merlin hole, the Castle cobblestone one, VUK ball eject and the Mantis version Castle Moat Jump.
Pinbits: Merlin hole and the 10 piece plastic protector set.

Should have do video tutorials and make that YouTube money

As for Merlin protector, was there any real benefit to using the Mantis and Pinbits together?

I like that the Pinbits one has that little V protector on it, but from photos I'm worried that it doesn't sit flush and will cause shot rejections.

Would love to hear your feedback on it.

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The truck came today!

Really want to know how these compare to the Stern built MMRs.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

theres no difference....

Don't know about that... Even though minor, the operation buttons on the door are new. I'd be curious to play one and see how it feels.

Again, I feel that the build of AFM is more sturdy than MMR. Some people agree, some disagree.

Stern had their hands all over this thing, so I wouldn't be shocked if the CGC build felt even slightly better.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

AFMr and MMR used slightly different coin doors. Looks like the CGC MMRs are using this new coin door with the new switches.
As for the sturdiness, CGC made the cabinets and play fields for all MMRs both Stern built and CGC built. Maybe they changed something, impossible to speculate.
I own both, both feel awesome.
Marc

Don't get me wrong... MMR is fantastic. I doubt any game will ever top it for me.

Only concern I have (which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the game) is how well these fully integrated boards will hold up in the future.

I like that the original is serviceable, and I like that I can do simple stuff like change out bulbs.

I'm actually considering looking for a restored MM, but haven't decided if I'd make that switch yet.

#2333 6 years ago

One other thing I noticed from that new MMR pic is that they're now adding a subwoofer to the package.

Maybe we should be getting them too

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They've always had a subwoofer....I'm confused....

So the LE should have a speaker (sub) at the bottom of the cab? If so, I didn't get one!

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Every machine has a woofer underneath. It's a bit of a misnomer to call it a "sub" woofer - "subwoofer" is usually referring to an external component in an external box, "woofer" is the speaker driver itself.
Wait, yours didn't have one?!

Nope. But I since replaced with Pinball Pro speakers.

#2344 6 years ago

Quick question about some mods I'm considering. I'm planning to put an LED in the archway, which should be a pretty straight forward connection to the GI.

Also, wanted to do the LED trolls eyes. I've seen some sets that has a PCB and others that appear not to. Can anyone advise on a good place to get this mod?

And finally, I saw photos of a mod that make the current dragon appear to be breathing fire. Can't seem to find it anywhere though. Loads of two headed dragons, but I prefer the stock one. Anyone know where I might find this?

Cheers.

1 week later
#2377 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have played probably 300 plays on my MMR LE, and I have yet to see this "video mode". Well, Ill keep going.
Mo

I've had it a few times, and it always seems to happen just before, or just after BFTK. Unless you're a superstar, it does take a while to see it. At one point I was convinced I'd never get to it. Keep going

#2390 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its been a while since I did mine but I believe the Color upgrade kit comes with a SD card already loaded with the new software?

I think you're right, though my memory is pretty shitty.

1 week later
#2460 6 years ago

Quick question, under "bookkeeping" my game shows 1809 total plays, but then shows 1530 1 player games, and about 100 game for 2-4 player games. That's about a 200 game difference.

Trying to figure out exactly how many games have been played.

It also shows game started as 3045.

#2462 6 years ago

Just had a quick game over lunch and got BFTK and a new GC!

IMG_20171011_114927 (resized).jpgIMG_20171011_114927 (resized).jpg

#2466 6 years ago

I would guess that somebody shut the game down during 200 games and re-started the machine because they did not like that they drained 2 balls quickly. Look at Total Games Started.

Total games started is 3045!

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's a lot of Ball 1s.

Hahahahahahaha... Yup, I think my wife is responsible for more than half of that. If she doesn't have a good first ball, she's out!

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I must have my machine set way too hard. I’ve had my game since May and I still haven’t seen video mode or broken 100,000,000!

6.7 degrees! That's the sweet spot for me. Oh, and lots of nudging!

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

new personal best today. Collected all catapult items but failed to start Barnyard. I assume I have to complete it once more to start it?
Bug I found, and probably already reported, had two EBs to be collected and Royal Madness qualified. Hit merlin and was awarded an EB but it ejected without starting RM.

Nice score!!!

Yup, you collect all 5 catapults and then hit it one more time to start BM. It's a hoot!

#2481 6 years ago

Anyone know the factory spec flipper rubber? I replaced it with. I think, a thicker rubber and it plays way different, cradles are very easy now and flipper tips save more balls from draining.

I just use standard rubbers from Pinball Life and they feel exactly the same. I stay away from Superbands and Titans because I'm not a fan of the way they play.

Also, does anyone happen to know how many or for how late night CGC will be making MMRs?

#2487 6 years ago

Thanks! Yellow allows a very easy cradle as I stated earlier, and the tip bounces save drains. The black was not like this at all.

I've only used black on MMR, and it feels the same to me.

#2488 6 years ago

"Winding down production". Does that mean for the current batch, or is this the end of the line?

Seems there is still a lot of demand for the game, so keeping up production albeit lower volume would be great to hear.

#2492 6 years ago

The same as I am describing yellow is like you mean? Are you using the factory shipped black flipper rubber?

The black ones from PL feel the same as the ones that shipped with the game.

#2493 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I've used the adjustment holes but also tried to keep them in-line with the lane guides. It's hard to catch and even cradle the ball if it travels fast as the flippers don't seem to travel far enough (compared to other pins I have)

I have mine set so the flipper bat (without rubber) rest on the toothpick. I know some people complain it's tough to cradle, but I personally like the way ramp and catapult shots feel at this alignment.

#2503 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I picked up an MMr LE and I have to say of all the MM's I have owned (5 originals) this remake is the best playing of them all, I am impressed with this game!

Curious to know from someone who has so much experience with original MMs, what you feel are the major differences/improvements except for the obvious stuff like the better display.

#2522 6 years ago

Was about to install a Pinball Pro speaker kit in my MMR, and I noticed that I did not get any connectors in the box for the PP speakers.

Has anyone done the install? Should I have received connectors with my speakers? From what i can see, the two speakers connect to the board via a molex. My guess would be that I would disconnect the factory molex, and replace with a harness that should have been provided by PP?

Otherwise, the only option seems to be me desoldering the factory ones, and soldering to the new PP speakers. But the instructions state "no soldering", so i'm thinking they forgot to include connectors.

Any input would be appreciated.

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Don't you just unplug/unsolder the old speakers and plug/solder in the new ones?
I just ordered some Pyle speakers (similar to the AFMR ones) on Scamazon and am planning to swap them upon arrival.

Site says that no soldering is required. And although it's not much work, I would rather have the replacement connector if it was supposed to be included. I'm waiting for a reply from PP.

#2539 6 years ago

Quick question for owners. I'm approaching 2000 plays on my machine, and starting to notice reduced power in my flippers. A good number of shots to the ramps don't complete, and it wasn't previously doing this.

From what I understand, flipper could rarely go bad or even lose strength. The EOS gap seems fine as well.

Any suggestions? And is this normal/expected after this amount of use?

One other thing I noticed was that slingshot kickers we're very sensitive, and when I took them out, they were all bent. Straitened them out, and now it's working better.

#2541 6 years ago

Have you adjusted the flipper strength? 2000 games in I am sure you already know that it is adjustable. I have +1 on flipper strength. 2000 games already. Wow. How long have you had the machine? What's your top score?

Yup, I've played with the flipper strength before, but never needed to, as it felt perfect at default. So I'm wondering why it's not feeling weaker.

I think I actually have closer to 1600 games, and that includes others playing about 25% of the games. Top score is 411M, reached BFTK 9 or 10 times, and completed it 3 times. Game definitely does not get old!

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd grab a 5/32nds allen wrench and be sure your coil stop screws are in tight.

I'll try that tonight. Is there a rule of thumb for the amount of games until you need to rebuild or do maintenance on flippers. Would 1600 games put enough wear?

My rubber posts were looking a bit rough, so I replaced those.

Oh, and one last thing. I mentioned to you a while back that the mylar around my right troll was coming up. I removed it and replaced with one from Pinbits, but it's thicker than the ones you guys put on at CGC. Is it possible to purchase a set of replacement mylar?

Thanks as always for your unlimited wisdom

#2559 6 years ago

Naive question of the day. Does MMR require any mods for avoiding battery leakage?

No batteries

#2574 6 years ago

About to install the Cliffy for the hole on the inside of the castle. There are two screws that need removing to get the Cliffy in, but it's covered by a plastic with a flasher attached to it.

What's the best way to get everything off so I can get the Cliffy in?

#2576 6 years ago

Does anyone know if the LEDs have the capacity to brighter? The more I play AFM, the more I realize how dim the game is in comparison. Even if I had an option to go brighter, I'd probably stick with the current setting, but I was curious to know if this was a possibility with programming. Maybe a future code could also one more lighting setting, and an adult option that would allow us to turn the Fan word on!

#2579 6 years ago

I did this recently, actually have the mantis underside and cliffy topside. It is a lot of work. But essential. If you have 1600 plays on your game as you mentioned without it, you can see the cracked clear on the back of the hole and probably the underside edge of the playfield there getting rounded.
Take pictures and label the nuts\washers etc as you disassemble.
1. Take off the castle turrets, one screw in each.
2. Lift the front of the castle out.
3. Take the red flasher cap off, the one between the catapault wireform and the castle hole. Also I took out the little flasher board by disconnecting it.
4. I unscrewed the lock nut\washer for the catapault ramp just above it as well.
5. Now you need to remove the plastic "stack" where the flasher was. Take a picture first of it. Pinch the bottom of the white spacers with needle nose pliers and push them up from the bottom. Take your time here.
6. Remove the lock nuts\washers on the plastic piece that sits on top of the steel orbit rail and remove the plastic.
7. For some reason I remove the lock nut\washer for the peasant ramp on the other side of the castle, this may or may not be needed.
8. If I remember properly, this should give you direct access to the 2 existing screws that are on the playfield that keep that steel orbit rail locked down. Loosen these and slip the Cliffy 2 slots under. Hopefully you have the latter day Cliffy here. My Cliffy has sort of a bent portion that extends into the moat, not straight and down, that's the old design. The old designed Cliffy also has 2 holes for the existing screw locations and not a slot. If you have the wrong part you might want to get the newest design one. At this point, there is a tab on the Cliffy that you push under the playfield between the moat plastic and the playfield. I used a pair of soft grip needle nose pliers and wedged those width-wise in the hole from the top to properly "form" the arm of the cliffy to the hole wall, to get it tight there. Reason for that is that it is a tight fit underneath the playfield to drill the cliffy tab hole you need there.
9. Fasten the existing 2 screws into the Cliffy, topside.
10. Lift up the playfield and drill the hole for the underside tab of the cliffy. Use an undersized drill bit and do NOT drill through the playfield entirely watch the drill depth here, too deep and you drill thru to the playfield and that is "an in-play" location, ball would hit any issue there. Be careful. You only need 3/8" depth. My cliffy was shipped without a screw so I contacted cliff. He said to buy a 6-32 round head screw. This is a 3/8" long screw. I found it at Home Depot.
11. Reassemble.

My protector has two holes at the to for screws, and the part that extends into the moat s slightly bent. Is there a better version of this?

Also, can I install without drilling the hole at the bottom. Won't the two top screws hold it in place?

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I didn’t get to install tonight. It’s the anti rattle tape from Pinball Pro. You apply it to the edges and it wraps around like a U. I’ll work on it tomorrow.

Also curious to know how the tape works out. Not that it's a huge bother, but I guess if I could eliminate the rattling it would be better. Please update us.

#2595 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

All of our MMR kits include crimp connectors, so that no soldering is required. They are in the bag with the mounting screws attached to the subwoofer magnet. If you have any questions at all, tech support is available, just give me a call!
Thanks for the business
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Yes, got an email back from you guys and everything is sorted. Planning to install this weekend. Thank you again

#2612 6 years ago

Are they slots or tabs with holes in the cliffy? You need the slotted one. The hole underneath IMHO is required. The arm of the cliffy will bend back and impede the ball as it falls into the hole, you will cut balls and damage the protector and nicks to the playfield from a nicked ball.

Here is the protector I have.

IMG_20171028_020304 (resized).jpgIMG_20171028_020304 (resized).jpg

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Just bought mine, it arrives tomorrow night! So stoked! Now I just have to read through 53 pages of forum to see what all needs to be done out of the box! Ahhh! MMR tommorrow, Houdini for the new year!!

Yeah, just set it up and play. But be sure to order some Cliffy's and Mantis protectors.

I have about 1500 games on mine, and their is chipping all around the castles, and the shooter lane was starting to get chewed up a bit. With the protectors on, I think I'm covered.

Enjoy!

#2631 6 years ago

Funny, my left flipper came lose, so I decided to take the opportunity to replace coil sleeves in both. Realigned the flippers, and just feel like I'm no longer in the sweet spot. Went from hitting my highest score of 411M to barely hitting 60M in the last two weeks of playing it. Arghhhhhh!

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Is anyone else having the ball come off the right orbit and hitting the sling, especially on a slower roll like a marlin hole eject? I'm having a hard time dialing it in

Yup, had that issue not too long ago. Had to slightly bend the metal ball guide on the right orbit to allow the ball to drop to the flipper rather than the sling.

#2637 6 years ago

This came up in my Youtube feed a few days ago. How the hell is this guy hitting a score like this!?!? I put up 411M and thought I was the man for a minute, but this guy is on some next level shit!

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can the castle Mantis protector be ordered separately or do you have to order the full protector kit?

Yup, you can order separately. Just email them.

#2643 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I had that kind of consistency on my old MM... Castle Crusher was almost a foregone conclusion in any serious game! On my MMR tho the castle is a BASTARD.
My theory is that it is because the flippers hit harder... so EVERYTHING else is easier and the castle gate is death.

When I watch videos of people playing original MM, it does always seem like castle shot return pretty safely to the flipper. Since you've owned both, what one do you enjoy playing more?

#2648 6 years ago

Especially since on the video mentioned the guy had 1.5 billion and previous high score was 315 million. Why would he be cognizant enough to record himself in the first place to greatly beat any previous score on the machine? Highly suspect, but doesn't matter much anyway, there's a lot of configuration differences from machine to machine and MM to MMR for that matter to get hung up on relative scoring..

Even if he changed the game to 10 ball, you can see him get to BFTK in one ball I believe, and he does multiple BFTKs. Maybe it's his game, maybe it's his skill. I have no idea. I'm fairly new to the hobby, so I'm in no position to comment. But I've watched a couple of his videos, and he seems legit. He murders Ghostbusters, and that is a game that I find to be gruelling. I think the guy is pretty damn good at pinball, and his IFPA ranking put him at 96th.

I've owned the game since January, and my highest score is 411M. But for the first 5-6 months, I could barely hit 100M. I've now been to BFTK 9 or 10 times, and I've beaten it 3 times. I have my game set to 3 balls, with an extra ball given out at 82,000 million currently.

I really need some more time on an original MM to really feel the difference in game play. I feel like the game might be a little more fun if the castle shots weren't so dangerous. Just hard to find one that is in good enough condition that you can really make a fair comparison to MMR.

#2654 6 years ago

What do you have set for a completed Royal Madness award, an extra ball or the 15 million points? I have factory set extra ball but might change the configuration to award the points.

Extra ball all the way. I find it pretty tough to complete Royale Madness, so knowing an extra ball is there makes me focus more and makes it more intense.

#2656 6 years ago

I am trying to find ways to finally crack 100 million, thought that getting 15 million on completing RM might help. I might play a few games with the 15 mil award to see what happens..Got to the King of Payne castle last night and fell short of destroying it, have not gotten castle crusher yet. I think castle crusher (castle #6) is worth 20 million?

Funny thing is, since adjusting my flippers, I can't seem to crack 80M.

I think I had everything dialled in perfectly, and now it's off.

Big points are also scored during a multiball, and if you're able to super jackpot on castle multi ball, then you have loads of points there.

#2669 6 years ago

Had an awesome game yesterday, getting my third highest score of 301M. Got to BFTK and failed, and then made it two castles away from a second attempt.

Since adjusting my flippers, I feel like the game is off a bit. Curious to know how many people line up their flipper with the bat against a toothpick, the rubber against the toothpick, or just lined up with the ball guide and a straight edge?

I had the game playing like a dream, and now even though it's fun to play, something just feels "off".

#2684 6 years ago

When you just want to be sure

IMG_20171119_141510 (resized).jpgIMG_20171119_141510 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2730 6 years ago

Can anyone who put the anti-rattle tape on post a quick photo to show what the application looks like.

#2738 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

So this is my Aerosmith with shaker motor. The flipper fidelity speakers are on full blast with bass. I had to get the tape it was a rattle nightmare. What a difference the tape made. Beware though, the glass comes flying out when you unlock the bar. It makes contact with the glass and the rails very slick.

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you get the tape from Pinbits?

#2741 6 years ago

For previous MM original owners, what flipper strength on MMR feels most like the original game?

Tried tonight and -2 and it definitely feels different.

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'm at 7 degree playfield pitch and like -2 the best. No problem making any shots at all. Not sure how that compares to a newly rebuilt original mm, but -2 feels best to me on mine. I've played plenty of originals in the wild where it was nearly impossible to make the damsel shot.

How tough is it for you to make the Catapult shot?

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Catapult shot is by far the most difficult shot to make. Extremely difficult to make intentionally with a cradled ball on the right flipper. What are your thoughts on that? Do you find a certain playfield pitch or flipper strength setting changes the difficulty of the shot? Thanks. Mike

I recently replaced my coil sleeves, and set the flipper (no rubber) against a drill bit in the alignment hole. Not sure if it is now slightly higher or lower than my previous setting, but the shot is much harder to make off a cradle on the right flipper.

I also pulled the slingshot switches out, straightened them (the were completely bent) and now I find the ball rarely bounces out of the slings into the catapult (the game used to gift e those sometimes).

I have my pf set to 6.7 (measured with a small digital inclinometer) right in the centre of the pf in alignment with where the bubble level is. When I put a ruler across the top of the slings, and place the inclinometer there, I get 6.5.

I'm still uncertain of where people would say the "true" measurement should be taken. Seems most people garage above the slings, but this is to in line with where the games bubble level is reading (which maybe also be why a lot of people say that bubble level is inaccurate).

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Personal preference. I didn't install any of those and don't have any issues with my MMr.

You might want to reconsider. Depending on how many games you've put in, there may not be any signs of wear as of yet, but the inevitability is, it will! The castle entrance, and lock hole will get chewed up in time. The edge opposite to the small castle door, shooter lane, and drain hole will also begin to chip away as you put more mileage on your machine.

If you don't want to install a full set, I think the minimum should be all the areas mentioned above. You might want to check with a few owners who have had the game a while to see that unprotected games are almost guaranteed to show signs of wear eventually.

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I probably have close to 1000 games, everything looks fine so far... not saying adding protection isn't a good thing, but i haven't seen a need for it yet. Be it laziness or otherwise
To open up a can of worms, and i'm sure everyone has an opinion, but i've also heard that the metal protectors can scuff up the ball more, which just leads to more wear on the playfield elsewhere. I'm sure that's like a--holes and opinions, everyone has one...

After 1000 games there's no wear at all in the shooter lane? No chips at all around the castle lock hole?

I'm at close to 2000 games, and the castle hole was chipping like crazy. Shooter lane was starting to crack. Put Cliffy's on and everything is covered.

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I agree. I've got 1000 + plays with no wear. Put mylar in the shooter lane and ball drain before it goes into the trough. Keep playfield waxed and buy quality pinballs. You can always add protectors later if there's wear which will cover it up...

What balls are you using? I tried those super polished silver jet balls, and they play way too fast.

#2771 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I like superjets. You can always goto pinball life too...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5
Only thing with super jets is they get magnetized and do weird things with pins with magnets, so don't use them there....

I usually get my balls from Pinball Life. How often do you guys suggest changing them up? Every 500 games?

#2805 6 years ago

My drawbridge is not sitting flush with the pf. How do I adjust this?

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Finally completed Battle of the Kingdom tonight after 2 years of play
It's about the fifth time I have made it to that mode but the first I have got through. It was very close, 5 times I ran out of time and just as the mode finished and the lights went out I made the shot and the mode continued, even happened on the final shot into the castle. Made it very nerve-wracking and exciting

Congrats! I remember the first time I did it, I did a victory lap around the room and then feel back on my couch and laughed at how ridiculous I was.

I love that there is that little grace period when it times our. Hitting that shot to resume the mode is pretty exhilarating.

I've been to BFTK 14 times now, but have only finished it 3 times. NEVER GETS OLD!

#2836 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Congrats. You’ll have your second machine by April I predict.

I'll jump in on this bet! I give it until March. At least that's how it went for me

1 week later
#2870 6 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

Is it normal for the open drawbridge to sometimes briefly raise when the ball rolls over it? When it happens, gate hits don't register. It happens less than 10% of the time.

As far as I know, it should not. LTG replied to me about something similar within the last month or so, so you should be able to skip back a page or two and find it.

#2871 6 years ago

Quick question... I played a CGC build the other day, and I just felt like the game was slightly more solid than my LE. Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe it's because the game was new out of the box.

Is this all in my crazy head, or are they doing a better job putting these things together now that it's all under CGC's control?

Also, not sure if I heard this right, but I could bet that I heard the swearing in the game. It was not bleeped out.

Again, am I going mad, or did they add this recently?

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have an LE, but I got mine so late, I'm not sure if it was built at CGC or stern...but ugh...it feels so so good. The quality on this mmr, gives me no hesitation to buy any other game they remake or recommend them. My gosh is it gorgeous.

Does your game have the F word, or a bleep?

#2875 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

MMR's have a bleep.

Hmmmmmmmmm... I think I'm starting to hear things then! Do you know how I can fix that?

Also, do you know if there are any plans to add the F word, and maybe a parental on/off setting? Would definitely be awesome!

#2896 6 years ago

Pretty funny when you come home and your wife says "don't touch the game, I'm having a killer game and have one ball left that I'm going to play after kiddo goes to bed".

#2902 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok it looks fine from underneath. So interesting issue, If I turn the lights on in my basement and play it works. If I turn the lights off or really dim it seems to work 3 out of 10 times.

Not sure if this is the same issue I was having, but having any light on above the machine would affect the optos.

Try playing with your lights out and see if that resolves it.

If not, you should open a ticket with CGC.

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So after owning this game for awhile, are you guys still loving it and do you feel the quality is good? I am heavily considering MMR as my next game.

It's the first pin I bought, and likely the one I will never sell. It's the game I play most, and the game that everyone who comes over says is the best. Even people who don't like pinball enjoy it!

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Here too Damien....... The quality of these builds are way beyond any other manufacturer. All game need hours of tweeking straight out of the box to play perfect IMO.
With CGC, Doug and his team they require less than any of my last dozen NIB games.
They got my $$$$$ for the next few years.

If I had to knock anything, it might be the way the flippers feel, and I didn't notice until I got my AFMR.

On AFMR they are tight and strong. MMR feels a bit loser and weaker. Not sure if this is by design, as I've never played an original.

For instance, if I do a super skill shot, on AFMR I can make contact with the ball and send it whipping back around the orbit. With MMR, it might go part way up, or on very rare occasion, it will slowly make the loop.

I've rebuilt both flippers, so unless it's the coil itself, I think this is how it is supposed to be.

Again, this is my favorite game, and will be the one game I keep if I'm ever faced with trimming the herd, but there is always something about the feel of the flippers that bugs me slightly.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I total agree with the flippers. Solid and tight but I think the update CGC has coming soon will tone them down. As for the skill launch mine was the complete opposite. MMR was perfect and fast. AFM took me about numerous hours to get perfect.... All depends on the game.

Sorry, I think I explained poorly. Not the skill shot launch itself. I meant when it reaches the left flipper, hitting it on AFMR can send it flying around the right orbit or ramp. However on MMR, I very rarely get it around the right orbit, and don't think I've ever hit it up the damsel ramp.

#2917 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I would agree with you guys on the performance of this game. I have had mine since July and It plays better now than fresh out of the box. Machine has 759 games on it. I have not made any adjustments to it since first setting it up. The flippers feel the same as many have described. When you hit an orbit shot and the ball returns to the flipper, the follow up shot feels like the flipper bat collapses and you don’t get a full strength shot to complete another orbit shot. Plenty of strength to hit any single shot from a cradle or slow speed ball delivered from a return lane. Best I can describe the flipper weakness is that if the ball hits the flipper bat with speed, the flipper seems to absorb the hit, kind of like a “live catch”, or a mis-timed hit.

There we go!!! That's how to properly describe it!!!

Now, is that the design of the game? None of my other games feel like this.

Was even tempted to try replacing the entire assembly and seeing if it feels different. I just put new flipper assemblies on my TOM and they feel like AFMR.

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

My MMR doesn't play like that, you can drill pretty much any shot on the fly. Default power, original rubbers, maybe 8 degrees tilt.

I think the slant is actually what changes it here. I've played a few steeply set up MMRs, and they did feel like you were getting more power.

Thing is, I like my games playing at 6.5-6.8, so I'm losing out on that benefit.

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Mine has the uncensored F word and the call out volume boosted for all callouts.
The call out volume fix was promised over a year ago but it seems CGC decided not to bother.

So I'm not crazy then... Yours actually says "Who the fuck are you?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

335 posts in this topic match your search for posts by damien. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/1?tu=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.