image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 205.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Thank you, Lloyd. I haven't tried the second two links yet, but this is what happened when I attempted the first link:
[quoted image]
Not sure if CGC has restrictive licensing agreements with European suppliers, preventing sales back to the US.
Pricing was quite reasonable for the bracket at Pinball Center (I think they are in Germany), but somewhat prohibitive from Australia.
I suppose if I really want to fix that Troll, I'll just have to bite the bullet, pay over $300, and see if I can order it from Australia.
I do appreciate the links and the fact that you help so many of us out, on the various forums.

Couldnt you find one of our European pinball brethren to help you out? Surely someone would be willing to do so…?

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe get the missing screw in there first.
Should be two.
LTG : )

That took care of the problem. Not the first time I’ve had a screw loose. Nice catch on noticing that! Thank you!

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Prismatic Powder "Illusion Smurf Blue." Order that, and some other swatches, and see how it looks in the lighting of your pinball space.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pinmonk did some mock ups on FF: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/26#post-7433259

#9704 1 year ago

The left toll on my mmr is acting up. It will activate and pop up but won't lock in place and stay up. Any suggestions?

#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am on the list for the next re-run of these but I already have an Attack from Mars which we really love! Are the games/layouts too similar? Anybody have both and do they both get played ? Appreciate any thoughts

I have an MMr and had an AFMr. I thought that they were similar enough that with my limited space I’d sell the AFMr. If I had more space I’d probably have kept it.

Robert

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Any suggestions?

Troll face leaf blade switch is too sensitive. Going up vibration thinks it's been hit and it drops.

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Troll face leaf blade switch is too sensitive. Going up vibration thinks it's been hit and it drops.

When I manually raise the troll with the game off it still won't lock in place.

#9708 1 year ago
Quoted from mizzou:

When I manually raise the troll with the game off it still won't lock in place.

There isn't a latch or anything that it hooks on. The solenoid is what keeps the troll raised until you hit it, the leaf switch closes, and then the game powers down the solenoid and it drops. So naturally, if you manually push the troll up it will automatically drop back down due to the return spring.

#9709 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have an MMr and had an AFMr. I thought that they were similar enough that with my limited space I’d sell the AFMr. If I had more space I’d probably have kept it.
Robert

Hope you are doing ok by the way.

#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

There isn't a latch or anything that it hooks on. The solenoid is what keeps the troll raised until you hit it, the leaf switch closes, and then the game powers down the solenoid and it drops. So naturally, if you manually push the troll up it will automatically drop back down due to the return spring.

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

#9711 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Couldnt you find one of our European pinball brethren to help you out? Surely someone would be willing to do so…?

Thank you for this suggestion. One of our Pinside members from the Netherlands has kindly offered to help me out. The bracket has been ordered and will be delivered to him and from there he will ship it on to me.

I can't imagine what it is like trying to obtain parts for even older machines. I imagine that folks have to get pretty creative.

#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Thank you for this suggestion. One of our Pinside members from the Netherlands has kindly offered to help me out. The bracket has been ordered and will be delivered to him and from there he will ship it on to me.
I can't imagine what it is like trying to obtain parts for even older machines. I imagine that folks have to get pretty creative.

Awesome! Glad it worked out. Lots of great folks out there.

#9713 1 year ago

Is there a no bs comparison opinion available between the remake and OG? I thought I had a really nice OG bought, but that went to crap, so exploring all options.

#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is there a no bs comparison opinion available between the remake and OG?

Most of the comments that I have read tend to be from people who own one or the other and have a bias in favor of what they own. I have seen comments by people who have owned both and their opinions have gone both ways (some preferring the original while others preferred the remake).

The least amount of bias would likely come from people who have had extensive time on both platforms and either currently own both games or neither. I don't know what size population pool that would represent but then they would have to see your post and be willing to comment.

Bummer about your MM, though. I have learned that finding parts for this machine (as popular as it is) can sometimes prove challenging.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is there a no bs comparison opinion available between the remake and OG? I thought I had a really nice OG bought, but that went to crap, so exploring all options.

I am not a “wms og” fanatic, love the games but the remakes with the upgrades are where the fun is. I’m not the person to compare flipper times cuz I don’t give a f, I couldn’t tell. I’m playing the game and having fun, hence the remake

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I own the remake and enjoy it. Ive played originals but nothing extensive. I would say just pick up either one if given the opportunity.

#9717 1 year ago

Im casually on the hunt for a MB. Id prefer a remake, just being newer/fresher, but wouldn’t turn down an OG given the opportunity...

100% happy with my MMr

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yep. Both are great. If you really wanna get a feel for it, SS Billiards has them both and Pinball Mayhem (you tube) did a road trip a few years back to do just that. The honest answer is yes there is a little and I mean LITTLE difference in the feel. CGC remakes are a bit more susceptible to power then the originals. The whole flipper issue has not been a thing for YEARS and anyone that says otherwise either has not played the current run or didn't update their game.

The originals are exactly what you expect for Bally/Williams. they are fun and play great. That, of coarse, is entirely subject to maintenance. The CGC feel almost exactly the same but tend to have more fade over time then the BW. By this I mean over the coarse of an evening (league or tournament), the flippers might take off say 10% tops in heavy use. That is the only real complaint I have had and most of the time you won't even get that. The plus side is the great work on the new dots, the brand new game, better lighting, and availability.

Given the choice I went with the remake and was not disappointed. Unfortunately, I did have to make some collection adjustments and am currently waiting on a new run to try and get the game back

#9719 1 year ago

Thanks. I just remember people talking about how the remakes were shit, maybe that was specific to cactus canyon... dunno.

Maybe I'll go that route then. Have they announced another run?

Quoted from Tallon:

Yep. Both are great. If you really wanna get a feel for it, SS Billiards has them both and Pinball Mayhem (you tube) did a road trip a few years back to do just that. The honest answer is yes there is a little and I mean LITTLE difference in the feel. CGC remakes are a bit more susceptible to power then the originals. The whole flipper issue has not been a thing for YEARS and anyone that says otherwise either has not played the current run or didn't update their game.
The originals are exactly what you expect for Bally/Williams. they are fun and play great. That, of coarse, is entirely subject to maintenance. The CGC feel almost exactly the same but tend to have more fade over time then the BW. By this I mean over the coarse of an evening (league or tournament), the flippers might take off say 10% tops in heavy use. That is the only real complaint I have had and most of the time you won't even get that. The plus side is the great work on the new dots, the brand new game, better lighting, and availability.
Given the choice I went with the remake and was not disappointed. Unfortunately, I did have to make some collection adjustments and am currently waiting on a new run to try and get the game back

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Thanks. I just remember people talking about how the remakes were shit, maybe that was specific to cactus canyon... dunno.
Maybe I'll go that route then. Have they announced another run?

The people who were saying that were mostly the ones who already had an original and didn't like that the remakes were reducing the price.

Then there were the "it doesn't feel exactly like I remember" people (who somehow seem to forget that no two original machines play exactly the same either - and most of those people had probably never even played a "brand new" MM machine anyway).

The remakes play very well and are well within the "range of behavior" of original machines.

While CGC has not officially announced anything lately, I spoke with Jim from CGC at TPF a couple of weeks ago, and he said they still plan a new run of MMr "near the end of the year". Take that with a grain of salt though, as I asked him the same question at TPF last year, and he said it would be "in early 2023".

I've been on a (well-known) distributor's list for a long time now for the next run (whenever that happens).

#9721 1 year ago

Sadly I think at best you are looking at 2024 and until someone gets one from the next in their actual hands it feels like wishful thinking to me.

I am very happy with my MBR and CCR from them but their communication and actual follow through leave something to be desired.

#9722 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I own several 90’s Bally/WMS pins and all 4 CGCs remakes. I personally really enjoy the feel of the OG 90’s era pins. The flippers just shoot great and feel so solid. I also really like CGC pins. I can’t imagine a different company remaking a pin 25+ years later and doing a better job than CGC. I do find the single most obvious difference is the flipper feel. They are just…different. Nothing wrong with CGC flippers. They do tend to have a shorter “throw,” for you manual transmission fans. I believe this is due to the end of stroke design, which can be altered to more closely resemble the OG feel. In the AFMr thread a year or two ago, it’s discussed in detail. But having owned MBr twice, MMr twice, and both AFMr and CCr, don’t miss out on a good deal for a MM, whether it’s OG or remake, they both rock. It’s a classic and a keeper for sure.

#9723 1 year ago

I own a lineup of B/W pins and have friends who own AFMr and MBr with a lineup of B/W pins. I cannot feel any real difference between them. They all play the same. Except remakes are sooo much better with detailed displays and improved lighting.

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I own a lineup of B/W pins and have friends who own AFMr and MBr with a lineup of B/W pins. I cannot feel any real difference between them. They all play the same. Except remakes are sooo much better with detailed displays and improved lighting.

Going from the XL display to a standard dmd is SO HARD.

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Going from the XL display to a standard dmd is SO HARD.

???

#9726 1 year ago

Playing on say my cgc remakes with the xl displays, then going to play on standard dmds. Is hard to see the dmd and they are kind of disappointingly small xl displays are just so awesome and spoil us

#9727 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

xl displays are just so awesome and spoil us

I totally agree. I hope that when CGC makes future original games that they will use this screen format (Pulp Fiction made sense with the alphanumeric). I much prefer the dot art and animations VS the video assets we get now on new pins.

#9728 1 year ago

I'm having trouble with the ball coming off the peasant rails. I have tried several small adjustments but nothing seems to help. Any advice?
Thanks!

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from rhampo:

I'm having trouble with the ball coming off the peasant rails. I have tried several small adjustments but nothing seems to help. Any advice?
Thanks!

Get some high speed video of this happening to include the ball going up the ramp. My guess is that something is inducing a rattle or ricochet effect that is only revealed once on the rails.

#9730 1 year ago

My MMR display starts colorized but then everything is green colored. Any ideas. This is new.

#9731 1 year ago

Power off. Reseat color chip. Then reseat HDMI cable to VGA converter to LCD, all joints.

#9732 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Power off. Reseat color chip. Then reseat HDMI cable to VGA converter to LCD, all joints.

Okay, I know where everything but color chip is?

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

My MMR display starts colorized but then everything is green colored. Any ideas. This is new.

yes it is normal. You have to buy a $400 color chip

#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I know where everything but color chip is?

Quoted from Dwboca:

Quoted from foxtj24:

yes it is normal. You have to buy a $400 color chip

I'm sorry I missed some of the post. Don't mess with the cables.

In the CGC settings you can change the green to 7 other colors, not all at the same time.

If you want the whole shebang in color, you need the color chip. On the big board under the playfield is a long IC socket, you'd remove that one and stick the color one in the same spot. Marks on chip and board matching in the same spots.

You can get the color chip from https://www.planetarypinball.com/

#9736 1 year ago

I did not realize the color chip was on main green board. That would explain why it was colorized and now green. I had to swap boards out.

#9737 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I did not realize the color chip was on main green board. That would explain why it was colorized and now green. I had to swap boards out.

If you still have the old board, swap the chip back onto the new board.

#9738 1 year ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Thanks!

I had this problem for a long time until I finally pulled the lower part of the ramp off and noticed one of the two metal guides that slots into the upper plastic part of the ramp was bent weird. Once I straightened that out, no more hopping off the ramp.

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

(This is from a while back but maybe it'll help... this is from before MMR had the XL display, RGB GI and the topper too)

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll chime in... I had a MM for a couple years that I replaced with an MMR... the MM wasn't actually mine, but I'm gonna refer to it as "mine" to keep this simple.

Ramps are easier to make on MMR... fresh flippers and clearcoat make a big difference I'd imagine.

The drawbridge is ALOT quieter on my MMR than my MM. But again, it's like 20 years newer.

LED lighting is BRIGHT and looks great. The "Hi Res" color display is a plus, although the ColorDMD on my MM was just fine.

CGC options menu gives you some extra tuning options (all mine are still default) plus you have all the original Williams options.

The flipper travel is different than it was on my MM but I recently played another MM that was actually very close to my MM in terms of flipper travel and feel, so I assume my MMR is actually probably more "correct" than my MM was.

My MM was certainly more "dialed in", but I haven't had to much time on dialing in the MMR as it already plays so damn nice. It was alot easier to kill castles tho on my old MM than on my MMR tho so my scores were better, but I find myself getting to (and beating) Royal Madness alot more on MMR and completing more of the objectives like Master of Trolls, Patron of the Peasants, etc... (I did eventually get to and beat Battle for the Kingdom on my MMR)

Anyhow, I really like MMR. It feels like a "real" MM to me, but new.

#9740 1 year ago

Great to have that perspective and j appreciate you taking the time to explain it. Thanks.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

(This is from a while back but maybe it'll help... this is from before MMR had the XL display, RGB GI and the topper too)
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll chime in... I had a MM for a couple years that I replaced with an MMR... the MM wasn't actually mine, but I'm gonna refer to it as "mine" to keep this simple.
Ramps are easier to make on MMR... fresh flippers and clearcoat make a big difference I'd imagine.
The drawbridge is ALOT quieter on my MMR than my MM. But again, it's like 20 years newer.
LED lighting is BRIGHT and looks great. The "Hi Res" color display is a plus, although the ColorDMD on my MM was just fine.
CGC options menu gives you some extra tuning options (all mine are still default) plus you have all the original Williams options.
The flipper travel is different than it was on my MM but I recently played another MM that was actually very close to my MM in terms of flipper travel and feel, so I assume my MMR is actually probably more "correct" than my MM was.
My MM was certainly more "dialed in", but I haven't had to much time on dialing in the MMR as it already plays so damn nice. It was alot easier to kill castles tho on my old MM than on my MMR tho so my scores were better, but I find myself getting to (and beating) Royal Madness alot more on MMR and completing more of the objectives like Master of Trolls, Patron of the Peasants, etc... (I did eventually get to and beat Battle for the Kingdom on my MMR)

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The MMR I got last week felt "too easy" with the ramps...and had some airballs so I turned the flippers down to -2 which made me feel like less of a god. So I wouldn't say MMR is easier, but is adjustable which CAN make it easier, if you want..

#9742 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The MMR I got last week felt "too easy" with the ramps...and had some airballs so I turned the flippers down to -2 which made me feel like less of a god. So I wouldn't say MMR is easier, but is adjustable which CAN make it easier, if you want..

Yah -2 was the sweet spot for me too. Also some flipper angle adjustment and general tweaking as well as just breaking the game in and it settled down after a while. It's still one of the meaner MM's I have ever played tho.

#9743 1 year ago

I am babysitting a MMr and the gate opto is not working. It appears that I have to take the castle off to check the wiring or see if I need a new transmitter/receiver. Do all the ramps and wireforms have to be taken off to get the main part of the castle off?

#9744 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

get the main part of the castle off?

Two screws, one on each tower cap. The whole castle front pulls up and out.

Did you check in Tests - Switch Edge ? If it works there balls are going over the beam. If not check optos for broken wires behind them.

#9745 1 year ago

I am new to the club - just received my MMrLE with all of the Royal Upgrades. I have played 5 games on it so far & it's froze up twice so far. Basically the game continues, but the flippers are dead and non-responsive. Anyone have any ideas?

#9746 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

I am new to the club - just received my MMrLE with all of the Royal Upgrades. I have played 5 games on it so far & it's froze up twice so far. Basically the game continues, but the flippers are dead and non-responsive. Anyone have any ideas?

hmmm not sure, you may want to flip the pf up, and reseat plugs, and also open the backbox and reseat those plugs too But lloyd may have some ideas.

#9747 1 year ago

Both flippers are connected to driver board 1 under your playfield. I'd leave the connectors on the board. Remove the screws holding the driver board to the huge board under the playfield. Unplug the driver board and then plug back into the huge board. Gently push the row of nubs sticking up on the driver board to get it seated good.

People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

#9748 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Both flippers are connected to driver board 1 under your playfield. I'd leave the connectors on the board. Remove the screws holding the driver board to the huge board under the playfield. Unplug the driver board and then plug back into the huge board. Gently push the row of nubs sticking up on the driver board to get it seated good.
People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

Thanks LTG & Northvibe - I will give this all a try tonight. Will report back later tonight or tomorrow.

#9749 1 year ago

Thanks LTG & Northvibe - I will give this all a try tonight. Will report back later tonight or tomorrow.

Pulled the 4 screws on the Blue driver card - pulled the card and reseated it. They're pretty long pins and appear to be seated quite well in the socket.

Thought it was fixed but just happened again tonight. Both flippers just dead. Multiball had just started and the shaker was going pretty good. I have the tilt bob wrapped, so it didnt tilt. Anything else I should take a look at LTG ?

Side question - my LE appears to have all of the Royal upgrades. RGB GI, Large color DMD, Topper. Speakers are single color blue - are the mode aware speaker lights a separate upgrade? Thanks in advance!

#9750 1 year ago

Anything else I should take a look at

Driver boards are identical, try swapping a couple of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/195 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.