image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 205.
#9551 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Turns out…the piece that catches the drawbridge lip at the moat worked itself off and jammed up the moat launcher. Took this noob (and two other sets of eyes and hands) 15 min to repair. Back in business! Thanks for the support!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Miracle on Moat Street! GJ and Happy Thanksgiving! We all know how important it is to have at least a few running pins when people come over! I think I only have 2 down, out of 20..not bad.

3 weeks later
#9552 1 year ago

Hey everyone & happy Friday! I’m really trying to find a MMr and would appreciate any help in finding one. I’m in the Chicago area and willing to travel to get one.

Thanks in advance for the help

#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Hey everyone & happy Friday! I’m really trying to find a MMr and would appreciate any help in finding one. I’m in the Chicago area and willing to travel to get one.
Thanks in advance for the help

I see plenty in the for sale ads with pricing way down. Must be do to the upcoming re-run of MM.

#9554 1 year ago

If the head, playfield glass, and playfield of a MMr are removed, would the cabinet be light enough that two people can carry it up some tricky basement stairs with reasonable effort? I need to move the game from the basement to upstairs prior to putting it up for sale. Getting it down to the basement when I bought it was quite a disaster. I’m wondering if I remove the head and playfield, would that make it light enough for two adults to just carry it up some stairs like a piece of furniture.

#9555 1 year ago

just removing the head makes it a lot lighter. If you remove the playfield and head, its going to be super light.

#9556 1 year ago
Quoted from N101AA:

If the head, playfield glass, and playfield of a MMr are removed, would the cabinet be light enough that two people can carry it up some tricky basement stairs with reasonable effort? I need to move the game from the basement to upstairs prior to putting it up for sale. Getting it down to the basement when I bought it was quite a disaster. I’m wondering if I remove the head and playfield, would that make it light enough for two adults to just carry it up some stairs like a piece of furniture.

Head and legs would be enough I think. Removing the playfield sounds like overkill.

#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from N101AA:

Should straps can make quick work. I’ve used them a few times on tight stairs

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SHOULDER-DOLLY-ShoulderDolly-12-ft-L-x-5-in-W-Moving-Straps-for-items-up-to-800-Lb-LD2000/204726780

#9558 1 year ago

Merrrry Christmas, MMR Dudes..ONE MMr Elf is in a slight pickle..I made a newbie mistake with these newer machines..I am installing the pinmonk fans on my flippers, and the simplest, yet lamest thing happened...While taking the leaf switch plate off it fell down, doing it's plinko manuever between the main pf board and the playfield itself..stopping somewhere I do not know..I said the F word many times Santa! NOW, what would you guys do? I really REALLY don't want to take that whole board out, to find this little peice of metal..but IF I DON'T FIND IT, I fear that it's going to short out on the topside of that big board (then I'll have real problems at that point). I call this a 'NEWB ON NEWER MACHINES MISTAKE'...The playfield should have been set horizontally, instead of upright (instructions said to have it up, I digress). Any tips or tricks on trying to fish this out? I was thinking an air compresser might sling it out, or take the whole playfield out, and shake it loose that way? Or screw it, it's not going to do any harm?" Thoughts??? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! HOHOHO!

#9559 1 year ago

You could try telescoping magnet if you have one. The hard part is seeing where the screw ended up. Maybe take your phone and put it in video mode, and try to see where it is.

#9560 1 year ago

Shaking would be my first attempt. The telescoping magnet is an excellent idea too!

#9561 1 year ago

The other half of nudging in pinball!

#9562 1 year ago

If you locate it and it’s tough to grab, if you have a magnet you can magnetize a screwdriver shaft too as an option.

#9563 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You could try telescoping magnet if you have one. The hard part is seeing where the screw ended up. Maybe take your phone and put it in video mode, and try to see where it is.

That was the first thing I thought..although the telescoping magnet I have won't fit between the pcb and the pf...SO, that ideer went out the window fast..If I just knew specifically where it was, it would be half the battle...that's why I was thinking compressed air (and I don't own a little guy like that yet). I tried shaking the pf, and fanning it (lol), and wherever it settled, it likes it there..I would rather take the pf out than to take that board off; that thing looks very delicate in spots, and looks like a PIA to take off/on right.

#9564 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That was the first thing I thought..although the telescoping magnet I have won't fit between the pcb and the pf...SO, that ideer went out the window fast..If I just knew specifically where it was, it would be half the battle...that's why I was thinking compressed air (and I don't own a little guy like that yet). I tried shaking the pf, and fanning it (lol), and wherever it settled, it likes it there..I would rather take the pf out than to take that board off; that thing looks very delicate in spots, and looks like a PIA to take off/on right.

I took off and replaced the same board on my AFMr. Was not that bad. You don’t need to disconnect everything attached either!

How many screws hold it down? Less than 10 I think.

I’d try that!

Unless I’m forgetting something I think that’s all you need to do.

Richard

#9565 1 year ago

Took the board off the pf, sorta..got about 2" of clearance between the two..still no dice..at least I can see that there's no clip on the topside of the pcb...

#9566 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Took the board off the pf, sorta..got about 2" of clearance between the two..still no dice..at least I can see that there's no clip on the topside of the pcb...

Can of compressed air? If it’s magnetic a bendable magnet? Loosen harness retainers in area, those clips end up trapped in harnesses for me all the time.

Learn religion? Other than explosives or getting Vid and his 7 foot tall friends to come over and flip pin upside down, looks like digging is needed.

#9567 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Make sure machine is off. Look to find it. Maybe it fell out and you did not notice it? Could also be in-between the large pcb and the smaller blue solenoid boards. There are two of them.
More thought.. looks in the trolls too.. check to see it has not fallen all the way down and is on the speaker. Could also be sitting in the wiring loom.

MMr needs to work for Christmas!

#9568 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Make sure machine is off. Look to find it. Maybe it fell out and you did not notice it? Could also be in-between the large pcb and the smaller blue solenoid boards. There are two of them.
More thought.. looks in the trolls too.. check to see it has not fallen all the way down and is on the speaker. Could also be sitting in the wiring loom.
MMr needs to work for Christmas!

Thanks for the headsup,..Yeah, I've checked the sub magnet, the bottom of the cab, I've taken the driver boards off..and also looked in the troll holes..one thing I haven't looked through is the wiring loom..it could have snagged in the loom..and it could be higher or lower than what my ears heard, last night..Fortunately it looks like it's not on any boards, and that was my main concern..don't want a silly problem to get 'real'. Thanks for the tips..still on the hunt..If I get tired of the search, i'll grab another leaf mount adaptor and just cross fingers (after visually confirming it's on any boards!) Don't worry, I have about 18 other machines to play with But I know, this concern is realllll (not playing for xmas). lol.

#9569 1 year ago

needle in a haystack! Time to drink and be merry, look again, rinse and repeat. ..It's crazy how difficult this task is! Almost over it!

69360457465__0B18E2AB-0064-4038-A47D-2E4F959D2666 (resized).jpeg69360457465__0B18E2AB-0064-4038-A47D-2E4F959D2666 (resized).jpeg
#9570 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

needle in a haystack! Time to drink and be merry, look again, rinse and repeat. ..It's crazy how difficult this task is! Almost over it!
[quoted image]

Best way out is through! ROCK ON!!!

#9571 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Merrrry Christmas, MMR Dudes..ONE MMr Elf is in a slight pickle..I made a newbie mistake with these newer machines..I am installing the pinmonk fans on my flippers, and the simplest, yet lamest thing happened...While taking the leaf switch plate off it fell down, doing it's plinko manuever between the main pf board and the playfield itself..stopping somewhere I do not know..I said the F word many times Santa! NOW, what would you guys do? I really REALLY don't want to take that whole board out, to find this little peice of metal..but IF I DON'T FIND IT, I fear that it's going to short out on the topside of that big board (then I'll have real problems at that point). I call this a 'NEWB ON NEWER MACHINES MISTAKE'...The playfield should have been set horizontally, instead of upright (instructions said to have it up, I digress). Any tips or tricks on trying to fish this out? I was thinking an air compresser might sling it out, or take the whole playfield out, and shake it loose that way? Or screw it, it's not going to do any harm?" Thoughts??? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! HOHOHO!

Sorry for the misfortune, but this gave me an idea. I might look into including a disposable paper or plastic "hammock" you can string across the playfield below the flippers while working to catch anything like this that may fall. Definitely will try testing something like this and see if it's practical, because I've done the same thing, numerous times, and I know better! If it works out, I can look at adding it to the kit sometime in the future. For now, I'll add a reminder about the possibility of this happening to the instructions.

#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry for the misfortune, but this gave me an idea. I might look into including a disposable paper or plastic "hammock" you can string across the playfield below the flippers while working to catch anything like this that may fall. Definitely will try testing something like this and see if it's practical, because I've done the same thing, numerous times, and I know better! If it works out, I can look at adding it to the kit sometime in the future. For now, I'll add a reminder about the possibility of this happening to the instructions.

Why? We’re all adults here. Be like adding warnings to not stand in pool of water while unplugging pin.

Although an adult diaper for us Dropsie-Doodles would be cool. Seriously. I’m a fucking Klutz. Make it extra sticky when I order please.

#9573 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why? We’re all adults here. Be like adding warnings to not stand in pool of water while unplugging pin.
Although an adult diaper for us Dropsie-Doodles would be cool. Seriously. I’m a fucking Klutz. Make it extra sticky when I order please.

I try to make the instructions as easy and painless as possible for all skill levels so pretty much anyone can successfully complete an install. So I err on the side of more instructions/reminders than less. The people that are mod pros can skip them.

But I am already thinking about the implementation of some kind of parts safety hammock. Can't way to try it out and see if it's worthwhile.

#9574 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I try to make the instructions as easy and painless as possible for all skill levels so pretty much anyone can successfully complete an install. So I err on the side of more instructions/reminders than less. The people that are mod pros can skip them.
But I am already thinking about the implementation of some kind of parts safety hammock. Can't way to try it out and see if it's worthwhile.

Fair enough. I’ll be over here standing in my living room kiddie pool. Yeah. It’s a thing.

I do all my pin repairs in it while hydrating.

Seriously though. Your products are great.

#9575 1 year ago

Have to admit, I needed to lookup what a flipper fan mod was. Never heard of that before. Question is, is that really necessary? Is coil overheating a real issue? I've never noticed anything weird with my MMR or other machine like loss of power or inconsistency, even after long play sessions. What am I missing?

#9576 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

What am I missing?

Nothing. Keep playing and enjoying your games.

Some pins do lose flipper power during long playing sessions. Fans help those. Not every pin needs them.

LTG : )

#9577 1 year ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Have to admit, I needed to lookup what a flipper fan mod was. Never heard of that before. Question is, is that really necessary? Is coil overheating a real issue? I've never noticed anything weird with my MMR or other machine like loss of power or inconsistency, even after long play sessions. What am I missing?

Depends on your play style and length of non-stop play sessions. The CGC games definitely have fade in longer sessions. Trap players will get the coils weak faster, but regular or defensive flip players can too, over time. If you're not having an issue of weakness or bricked shots later in long sessions, I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's the temp testing chart for MMr coils for a non-trap player. Not firmly in the fade zone until about 75 minutes in:
MMr Coil Test-sml (resized).jpgMMr Coil Test-sml (resized).jpg

#9578 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

Did you have some success?

#9579 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you have some success?

I didn’t find it, but not in the boards. Going to fire it up tonight. I didn’t have a spare leaf screw plate, so I temporarily made my own from a bottle cap lol works/holds great actually!

2CCC6ABD-F20B-438F-8A3E-B1B05C15E575 (resized).jpeg2CCC6ABD-F20B-438F-8A3E-B1B05C15E575 (resized).jpeg
#9580 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I didn’t find it, but not in the boards. Going to fire it up tonight. I didn’t have a spare leaf screw plate, so I temporarily made my own from a bottle cap lol works/holds great actually!
[quoted image]

Did you check inside the lip of the cabinet speaker? There about an inch or two that's covered by the speaker frame. If the clip hit the back of the speaker cone and slid down, it would be out of sight in there.

#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check inside the lip of the cabinet speaker? There about an inch or two that's covered by the speaker frame. If the clip hit the back of the speaker cone and slid down, it would be out of sight in there.

Yup yup yup! I checked EVERYWHERE, except where it actually is lol.

#9582 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

Good luck with it!

#9583 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Lol!

#9584 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

If only they had a "Find my EOS clip" feature on iPhone...

#9585 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If only they had a "Find my EOS clip" feature on iPhone...

Glue an airtag to it and that could be a reality!

#9586 1 year ago

UPDATE..I got the pinmonk zen fans installed, minus the missing eos clip..all good. Yeah, all is good. Now to put some continuos gameplay on it, and report back..(most likely won't report back, unless there is a problem)..I have to admit, it was a bitch of an install..the stars and planets might have been misaligned for this one..lol..(and I do mods)

#9587 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

UPDATE..I got the pinmonk zen fans installed, minus the missing eos clip..all good. Yeah, all is good. Now to put some continuos gameplay on it, and report back..(most likely won't report back, unless there is a problem)..I have to admit, it was a bitch of an install..the stars and planets might have been misaligned for this one..lol..(and I do mods)

Yeah, losing the EOS clip in the under-playfield pachinko machine was not good. I have a warning about that in the instructions now. But now that you're past that, you'll have no more issues with hot flipper coils and fade, no matter how long you play.

2 weeks later
#9588 1 year ago

Hi guys. Tragedy happened today. My ball lock door of the castle got broken.
Am I right that I need to change now quite a big piece of the castle ? And is there a difference between original MM and MMR in such a part ? I’ve got an MMR quand that’s why I’m posting here.
Any advice is welcome.
Have a nice day

F3EBD802-53F6-4067-9F79-12C8600A975C (resized).jpegF3EBD802-53F6-4067-9F79-12C8600A975C (resized).jpeg
#9589 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Am I right that I need to change now quite a big piece of the castle ?

Easy. remove the two towers, pull it up.

And is there a difference between original MM and MMR in such a part ?

No, same castle front on both.

My ball lock door of the castle got broken.

A piece of the castle broke off. On my original many years ago, same thing happened. I removed the two screws. Took the piece of plastic and glued it back to the castle. Then glued a thin piece of brass sheet metal on top and on the bottom of the repair area. Drilled two new holes through the brass. Bolted it back on. Good to go.

Lasted many years until I was given a new castle front from a person who had one he didn't need. Swapped it then, though the repair was still holding.

#9590 1 year ago

What would this community become without LTG
Thank you I will try !

#9591 1 year ago

What would this community become without LTG

Thank you.

It will always be in good hands. There has been and always will be lots of good help here. Not just me.

And the archives of Rec Games Pinball, and Pinside. Is another great resource.

#9592 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.
It will always be in good hands. There has been and always will be lots of good help here. Not just me.
And the archives of Rec Games Pinball, and Pinside. Is another great resource.

But there will only be one Lloyd! Love ya

1 week later
#9593 1 year ago

I just installed a CPR mirrored backglass in my game. Looks AWESOME. Highly recommend.

mmr-mbg (resized).jpgmmr-mbg (resized).jpg

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mmglass/

#9594 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I just installed a CPR mirrored backglass in my game. Looks AWESOME. Highly recommend.
[quoted image]

Cool!!

#9595 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

[quoted image]

Can you shoot a pic with the machine on? Looks cool!

#9596 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Can you shoot a pic with the machine on? Looks cool!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#9597 1 year ago

I have a few leftover magnets I designed for my MMR coin door and hinges. If anyone is interested , please pm me

mmr (resized).jpgmmr (resized).jpgmmr coin door (resized).jpgmmr coin door (resized).jpg
#9598 1 year ago

I have a 2019 MMR SE and noticed the back pop bumper (Jet) RGB LED is out. Does anyone know if this is a bulb that can be "pulled" out like a #555 base? or a bayonette? Or is it hardwired? I see all three types of similar looking LEDs on Planetary Pinball's site. I tried pulling it out like a 555 but it was in there pretty good and didn't want to break anything. I noticed the 4 wires are soldered to a wiring block with other bumper leds that are working. Any suggestions or troubleshooting tips? I don't see this documented in my manual either. Thanks in advance!

20230201_233222 (resized).jpg20230201_233222 (resized).jpg20230201_233254 (resized).jpg20230201_233254 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230203_160519_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230203_160519_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#9599 1 year ago

did the later run have rgb pops? original runs did not.
But yes that would be the bulb. I ordered those to add rgb to my pops and just haven't done the mod yet. Will do it when I shop the game as the ramps need to come off.

#9600 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did the later run have rgb pops? original runs did not.
But yes that would be the bulb. I ordered those to add rgb to my pops and just haven't done the mod yet. Will do it when I shop the game as the ramps need to come off.

I have an SE and it has RGB pops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.