IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 204.
#9301 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.
...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

Haha! Sounds familiar!

#9302 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.
...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

totally sounds familiar!

#9303 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

BONG! lol I always wondered why that was so loud regardless of volume.

It was to alert an operator across a crowded/loud arcade when a game was powered on or maybe had reset was always my theory.

#9304 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It was to alert an operator across a crowded/loud arcade when a game was powered on or maybe had reset was always my theory.

I thought it made that sound when the audio card was being read and that sound meant it was working correctly.

#9305 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I thought it made that sound when the audio card was being read and that sound meant it was working correctly.

Your guess is as good as mine, lol.

#9306 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

crap, how do I get mine not to do that insanely loud BONG... Not sure, I never looked in the menu. I thought we were stuck with it.
Your speakers work other wise?

Yes, everything else is normal. Other than no boot BONG. And speakers pop every now and then. When in attract mode after being left on for a few hours.
Just wondering if a software update will fix this? If not, I'm not going to bother.

#9307 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

Yes, everything else is normal. Other than no boot BONG. And speakers pop every now and then. When in attract mode after being left on for a few hours.
Just wondering if a software update will fix this? If not, I'm not going to bother.

You could try an update, but from what everyone has said, this problem is very odd and no one knows what that could be…

You could put a ticket in with cgc to see if they could help…

Are you on 1.03? I forgot the level now

#9308 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

Just wondering if a software update will fix this?

No.

LTG : )

#9309 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Thanks Lloyd, I'm just wondering why is there no boot bong on my game?
It's been gone since the color chip code was installed years ago.

#9310 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

Exactly what my son did last year when he was 2. He started 4 player games and would get down mid-game and move to another pin and do the same. I try to get him to finish his game now. He likes GB, FT, and the Elviras.

#9311 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Exactly what my son did last year when he was 2. He started 4 player games and would get down mid-game and move to another pin and do the same. I try to get him to finish his game now. He likes GB, FT, and the Elviras.

Anything to keep them interested and playing.

#9312 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me the cross reference for MMR solenoid driver transistor NTP6412A? My MMR has a shorted transistor and I need to replace it but can't find any online.

Thanks!!

#9313 1 year ago

As always, thanks to everyone in this thread for past help.
Had an issue come up on MMrLE(gold) and couldn’t “stay and play” to figure it out, but I will be back to work on it for the 4th of July weekend.
Just recently installed the colorization and all was going great.
I turned MMR on one day and heard the “bonk”, but not the two little sound burps afterward. Kinda thought that was weird, but started to play anyways.
Soon the moat VUK would make the sound when the ball was ready to go up, but the mech did not elevate/ rise the ball out of the moat. Plus I quickly noticed the draw bridge would work, but the gate would not register or rise.
I took a pic of the back box PC board and then had to leave the machine.
I’m assuming a fuse might have blown because I installed an electrical bear fence around the house while the machine was on or a fuse might have blown because I installed the colorization upgrade?
When I return to fix the machine what fuse(s) should I bring or other materials to address this problem. I really wanted to stay and diagnose it more, but had other demands that made me leave it for later. There was a reddish light flashing on the pc board.
Any help LTG or others?
Thanks!
FD7D9C06-41C3-434B-A03F-B36002E5B485.jpegFD7D9C06-41C3-434B-A03F-B36002E5B485.jpeg52DC2FBF-7D42-4A31-922B-8C56993937C6.jpeg52DC2FBF-7D42-4A31-922B-8C56993937C6.jpeg

#9314 1 year ago

Anyone in the group know where I can get a King of Payne Topper? On the hunt. Thanks

#9315 1 year ago

Check the manual, bring all the fuses listed. Hopefully that is all you blew.

You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf page 1-57

#9316 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcrum:

Anyone in the group know where I can get a King of Payne Topper? On the hunt. Thanks

There’s been mentions of another run of upgrades being made, when they make more machines. But this won’t be until after the run of CC has finished. I’m on a waiting list for a MMR SE , topper, shaker motor & coin mech. Check with your local distributor & you should be able to get onto a waiting list. Just hope we get some news during 2023, fingers crossed

#9317 1 year ago

Anyone have a spare XL lcd upgrade just they never used? I’d like to buy one. Or if anyone has info on a distributor that still has them? Or even a whole royal kit? Pm me

#9318 1 year ago

Hey there, I've had an MMR more or less since the beginning of the pandemic, which made the early days of the pandemic much nicer. Recently the left troll head appears to have broken, I haven't pulled the thing out yet (I disabled it so that the machine was still playable), but the head is REALLY loose, I found a small piece of green plastic in the bottom of the cabinet that looks like it belongs to the head, and the piece the troll would be mounted to looks like it's now inside the head. The switch still works (confirmed through tests), but obviously I don't want to play with it in that condition.

The last time I owned a machine prior to this one was back around 2003 or so, back then if I wanted parts for my game I had to scavenge them through eBay or a few other popular pinball sites. I took a look at Chicago Gaming's site and don't see a listing for the troll head, can anybody give me any advice on where I could buy a left troll head (or a set, if necessary)?

While I'm here, my plan was to remove the left habitrail, undo the one nut that connects the troll assembly (bottom part) to the troll carriage assembly (top part), disconnect the one wire, and pull the left troll carriage assembly through the top. Does anybody see a problem with that? If I decided to do that work ahead of time is there any problem with remove the head and dropping the troll carriage assembly back into the machine so that it's playable until the replacement comes? Is there anything else I should know before jumping in?

Thanks for your help!

#9319 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

Hey there, I've had an MMR more or less since the beginning of the pandemic, which made the early days of the pandemic much nicer. Recently the left troll head appears to have broken, I haven't pulled the thing out yet (I disabled it so that the machine was still playable), but the head is REALLY loose, I found a small piece of green plastic in the bottom of the cabinet that looks like it belongs to the head, and the piece the troll would be mounted to looks like it's now inside the head. The switch still works (confirmed through tests), but obviously I don't want to play with it in that condition.
The last time I owned a machine prior to this one was back around 2003 or so, back then if I wanted parts for my game I had to scavenge them through eBay or a few other popular pinball sites. I took a look at Chicago Gaming's site and don't see a listing for the troll head, can anybody give me any advice on where I could buy a left troll head (or a set, if necessary)?
While I'm here, my plan was to remove the left habitrail, undo the one nut that connects the troll assembly (bottom part) to the troll carriage assembly (top part), disconnect the one wire, and pull the left troll carriage assembly through the top. Does anybody see a problem with that? If I decided to do that work ahead of time is there any problem with remove the head and dropping the troll carriage assembly back into the machine so that it's playable until the replacement comes? Is there anything else I should know before jumping in?
Thanks for your help!

http://www.planetarypinball.com › P...
troll head medieval madness - Planetary Pinball
Is this the part you need? They have a red one too and some associated parts

#9320 1 year ago

I had a troll weld snap. I just replaced the entire assembly. Was super easy. Planetary sells the part.

Edit: I just checked and it's out of stock.

Part is:
Troll Carriage Assy A-21744

#9321 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

I took a look at Chicago Gaming's site and don't see a listing for the troll head, can anybody give me any advice on where I could buy a left troll head (or a set, if necessary)?

Try Planetary Pinball. Chicago Gaming doesn't sell parts. http://www.planetarypinball.com/ if you don't see it, contact them on the website.

Quoted from duggum:

Does anybody see a problem with that?

No. Once it's free wiggle it up and a little left so the arm on the carriage clears the playfield.

#9322 1 year ago

Thanks for the help everyone, that's exactly what I was looking for! The parts have been ordered and hopefully the repair will be relatively painless.

#9323 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

The parts have been ordered and hopefully the repair will be relatively painless.

Did you find the full assembly?

#9324 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did you find the full assembly?

No, I didn't think I needed the carriage assembly, as it seems like it's the actual plastic troll that broke (as evidenced by the broken green plastic in the bottom of the cabinet). I assume I can remove the plastic part from the assembly and replace it with a new part. If it turns out I need a new assembly... I guess I'll go hunting elsewhere. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

#9325 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

I assume I can remove the plastic part from the assembly and replace it with a new part.

Yes. Two screws and a metal plate. Replace in the same order, the head slips over the metal leaf blade.

Easiest to remove the screws holding the switch stack to the carriage so you can get it forward enough to deal with the screws. Or cut the cable tie and remove it from the carriage. Cable tie the wire back down again.

#9326 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

Thanks for your help!

Mine was loose, the assembly had come apart. I had to weld it back together. Hasn’t missed a beat since.

021D2B26-BF48-410A-BA6B-EA30F53499B1 (resized).jpeg021D2B26-BF48-410A-BA6B-EA30F53499B1 (resized).jpeg98435CE3-936D-485F-82D8-1E081B7C67CC (resized).jpeg98435CE3-936D-485F-82D8-1E081B7C67CC (resized).jpeg14DDA572-7A84-4CE3-9E44-DE0212EFE92D (resized).jpeg14DDA572-7A84-4CE3-9E44-DE0212EFE92D (resized).jpeg
#9327 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Two screws and a metal plate. Replace in the same order, the head slips over the metal leaf blade.
Easiest to remove the screws holding the switch stack to the carriage so you can get it forward enough to deal with the screws. Or cut the cable tie and remove it from the carriage. Cable tie the wire back down again.

Thank you (and everyone else!) for the help, I successfully replaced the troll and everything's working again. As a novice I'd say that removing the screws holding the switch stack to the carriage was not at all optional, I can't imagine I'd have been able to line up the washer, the troll head, the screw holes and the screws without that step. At any rate, I'm grateful to everyone for their help and also grateful that Planetary Pinball exists and I wasn't hunting down NOS parts on eBay.

#9328 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue with the transformer in their MMr buzzing very loudly? Mine has developed a very loud buss/hum that gets louder the longer the game has been on. It's definitely the transformer- not coming from the speakers or anywhere else. I checked to make sure the mounting screws for the transformer to cabinet connection are tight and they were not loose. Any other suggestions?

#9329 1 year ago

I'd get an outlet checker and plug it into the service outlet. That would let you know the game and wall outlet are wired right, if an error comes up, then try plugging it into the wall outlet, to see if it or the game is the issue.

To start ruling things out.

#9330 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd get an outlet checker and plug it into the service outlet. That would let you know the game and wall outlet are wired right, if an error comes up, then try plugging it into the wall outlet, to see if it or the game is the issue.
To start ruling things out.

LTG I think you're on to something! Outlet the machine is plugged into tested fine- the service outlet is actually showing hot/neutral reversed!

IMG_3418 (resized).jpgIMG_3418 (resized).jpgIMG_3419 (resized).jpgIMG_3419 (resized).jpg
#9331 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

the service outlet is actually showing hot/neutral reversed!

Unplug the machine. Then figure out what to fix. Could be in the rear of the cabinet where the wiring comes in, or inside the metal box over the on/off switch.

Should be a simple swap the two wires and then check again with your outlet checker.

#9332 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unplug the machine. Then figure out what to fix. Could be in the rear of the cabinet where the wiring comes in, or inside the metal box over the on/off switch.
Should be a simple swap the two wires and then check again with your outlet checker.

Wires on the power inlet on the back of the machine look good.
IMG_3420 (resized).jpegIMG_3420 (resized).jpeg

Wires on the switching power supply look good.
IMG_3422 (resized).jpegIMG_3422 (resized).jpeg

Wires on the switch... I think... are good.
IMG_3425 (resized).jpegIMG_3425 (resized).jpeg

Wires on the service outlet themselves look they do have hot and neutral reversed. However this would appear to only impact the service outlet itself so probably does not explain the buzzing transformer.
IMG_3430 (resized).jpegIMG_3430 (resized).jpeg

#9333 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Wires on the service outlet themselves look they do have hot and neutral reversed. However this would appear to only impact the service outlet itself so probably does not explain the buzzing transformer.

I think you are right. Especially since the service outlet isn't being used when you get the buzzing.

Please open a ticket on the website so the engineer can look into it.

#9334 1 year ago

Hey Everyone!

I just became the proud owner of a Medevil Madness Royal Edition and am looking for the backbox decals as mine had some scratches but the cab is perfect. Anyone know where to acquire them or not possible till they do a re-run?

#9335 1 year ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Anyone know where to acquire them

Try Planetary Pinball Supply - http://www.planetarypinball.com/ if not on the website contact them.

#9336 1 year ago

I emailed them yesterday figuring they were my best option. Nothing on the site for cab art/decals. So we shall see.

#9338 1 year ago

Anyone happen to have a spare topper/rgb kit pcb that is required for install to make them work?

I got a topper that was returned and as it turned out it’s missing the pcb.

#9339 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Anyone happen to have a spare topper/rgb kit pcb that is required for install to make them work?
I got a topper that was returned and as it turned out it’s missing the pcb.

PM sent

#9340 1 year ago

Apologizes for the newbie question... but if the price was equal would you rather have the original 1997 MM or a remake? I am in the market for a MM and was wondering which one is preferred. Are there any key differences? Thanks!

#9341 1 year ago

Remake for me. Chances are it’ll be in better condition, newer mechs, leds, color dmd looks sick, perhaps some warranty and its rock solid!

#9342 1 year ago

Remake with all addons for me too, game is gorgeous with them

#9343 1 year ago

Having had both (own an LE w/upgrades now and had an original on long time loan) there are plusses and minuses both ways... the remakes have some nice enhancements available if you can find them or they do an edition with the XL display and color changing GI standard. The originals are easier to service and do carry some cachet with certain people. Stock for stock tho I would go for the one you can get the better deal on myself, that's what I did.

#9344 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Having had both (own an LE w/upgrades now and had an original on long time loan) there are plusses and minuses both ways... the remakes have some nice enhancements available if you can find them or they do an edition with the XL display and color changing GI standard. The originals are easier to service and do carry some cachet with certain people. Stock for stock tho I would go for the one you can get the better deal on myself, that's what I did.

Thanks for your help. I pulled the trigger on an original. It's in great shape. I am going through the machine and replacing all the rubbers, cleaning, etc. And noticed that it is missing this metal piece directly under the draw bridge. I tried looking on Marco but can't find a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like it is also missing a piece that goes under the left castle door?

IMG_8368 (resized).jpegIMG_8368 (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.06.56 PM copy (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.06.56 PM copy (resized).jpg
#9345 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Thanks for your help. I pulled the trigger on an original. It's in great shape. I am going through the machine and replacing all the rubbers, cleaning, etc. And noticed that it is missing this metal piece directly under the draw bridge. I tried looking on Marco but can't find a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like it is also missing a piece that goes under the left castle door?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an aftermarket protector from mantis
https://mantispinball.com/product-category/medieval-madness/

#9346 1 year ago

oh wow thanks! So it means I need to screw into the playfield? Or should I just get the one without the screw hole...

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.20.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.20.50 AM (resized).png
#9347 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

oh wow thanks! So it means I need to screw into the playfield? Or should I just get the one without the screw hole...
[quoted image]

Mine doesn’t have the screw on the left into the playfield. Great mod/protector.

203F1296-EE7F-46C0-9E8D-AE81021647AB (resized).jpeg203F1296-EE7F-46C0-9E8D-AE81021647AB (resized).jpeg
#9348 1 year ago

Does anyone know if these mods are still available anywhere? Sold out on Pinball Decals' website.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 1.10.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-15 at 1.10.10 PM (resized).png
#9349 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Mine doesn’t have the screw on the left into the playfield. Great mod/protector.

Mantis came out with the one without the screw a few years ago as the screw wasnt needed.

#9350 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Mantis came out with the one without the screw a few years ago as the screw wasnt needed.

Thanks. Yea, I ordered that one. One more question... the kickoff from the 'moat' results in the ball going SDTM (fast!) roughly 1 out of every 6 times. I looked through the menu and theres no way to adjust the power. (I am used to the newer sterns) - Any idea how to fix that? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/187?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.