IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 204.
#9251 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

What voltage should I measure?

6 volts DC

LTG : )

#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hey gang, I brought home a HUO MMR yesterday. I have major glass rattle with the sub and wonder if thats normal? Pinstadium is also already installed on the game and I also wonder if maybe theyre mounted a tad to high and the glass is hitting them too. Im gonna take it apart and see but, thought I'd see if the glass rattle was normal. Thanks

My glass guides have rattled since the day I bought my MMrSE. I have wedged some card stock under them in places but it really hasn't done much.

#9253 1 year ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

My glass guides have rattled since the day I bought my MMrSE. I have wedged some card stock under them in places but it really hasn't done much.

I guess it adds to the castle falling effect!

#9254 1 year ago

I joined the club last year in September but kept forgetting to post so here is my Medieval Madness Royal Edition 6/250

20220510_003345 (resized).jpg20220510_003345 (resized).jpg20220510_002629 (resized).jpg20220510_002629 (resized).jpg20220510_002704 (resized).jpg20220510_002704 (resized).jpg20220510_002707 (resized).jpg20220510_002707 (resized).jpg20220510_002724 (resized).jpg20220510_002724 (resized).jpg
#9255 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hey gang, I brought home a HUO MMR yesterday. I have major glass rattle with the sub and wonder if thats normal? Pinstadium is also already installed on the game and I also wonder if maybe theyre mounted a tad to high and the glass is hitting them too. Im gonna take it apart and see but, thought I'd see if the glass rattle was normal. Thanks

Normal. I got anti rattle tape from PBL for the glass

#9256 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I’m working on fixing an MMr with RGB GI kit, that had stopped working.
RGB on the display panel works, but none of the GI.
I checked cables but nothing found. Anyone has any ideas or a similar experience?
What should I check next

Do you still have the original white gi strings?

You could unplug the gi, and test one strong at string at a time. You could test that there board is out putting where the gi plugs in but be very careful as you don’t want to bridge pins with the dmm probe

#9257 1 year ago

I

Quoted from northvibe:

Do you still have the original white gi strings?
You could unplug the gi, and test one strong at string at a time. You could test that there board is out putting where the gi plugs in but be very careful as you don’t want to bridge pins with the dmm probe

No it has the RGB kit.
It worked and it stopped working.

I’m clueless. Can it be the board?

#9258 1 year ago

The topper also does not light up anymore by the way

#9259 1 year ago

I have a nice original about as sold 9.5/10 I am getting ready to list. Are these really selling for over 15k?

Thanks

John

#9260 1 year ago

well well problem solved, it was the red ethernet cable not well seated…

Thanks for the help LTG!!

#9261 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have a nice original about as sold 9.5/10 I am getting ready to list. Are these really selling for over 15k?
Thanks
John

If you have all the royal upgrades they are.

#9262 1 year ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

If you have all the royal upgrades they are.

No to Royal upgrades, just some mods, mirror blades, Pin Woof, no topper at all, original display. Near perfect playfield.

I did not even know one could put the Royal upgrades on an original game.

Thanks

John

#9263 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No to Royal upgrades, just some mods, mirror blades, Pin Woof, no topper at all, original display. Near perfect playfield.
Thanks
John

Topper and Royal upgrades will only work on the remakes. Not the original.

#9264 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks
John

This is the remake thread. I assumed you meant the original run of remakes. I dont know if an original would fetch 15k. But in todays market you never know.

#9265 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I

No it has the RGB kit.
It worked and it stopped working.
I’m clueless. Can it be the board?

Yes, but I kept my stock white gi strings. could test.
if the topper and gi isn't working, there is something with a board further up. Is there a manual? I haven't dug into mine much.
I would maybe see if voltage is even going to the topper pcb via the black/yellow wires (iirc those are power)

#9266 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

well well problem solved, it was the red ethernet cable not well seated…
Thanks for the help LTG!!

HA, glad you found the issue!

#9267 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Crazy how much technology has changed since the 90’s. 90’s WPC on the left versus CGCr on the right. Impressive.
[quoted image]

A lot of the circuits have moved to the bottom of the playfield as well.

1 week later
#9268 1 year ago

Finally in the club with a classic! So jazzed to have this game!

#9269 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Finally in the club with a classic! So jazzed to have this game!

Nice!
Pics!

Richard

#9270 1 year ago

I guess it’s actually a standard and not a classic since it was built in 2016. Still trying to learn what all of the differences are.

AF6215F9-F640-4C22-B2AB-AB693DF7D660 (resized).jpegAF6215F9-F640-4C22-B2AB-AB693DF7D660 (resized).jpeg
#9271 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Still trying to learn what all of the differences are.

Some of the differences are here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

#9272 1 year ago

It does not appear that much is different between the Standard, and the classic.

#9273 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

It does not appear that much is different between the Standard, and the classic.

Yeah just some updates to bring them inline with what they were doing on AFMR and MBR mostly. Melamine cab, some backbox improvements… it is apparently easier to install the Royal upgrades on a Classic than a Standard or LE tho.

#9274 1 year ago

I have been enjoying my new to me MMr but noticed that the shaker motor is not working. Did a little reading and found how to test from the CGC menu. I get both of the green led lights on but when I press the launch button, nothing happens. No other lights light up on the power supply board. I can see the led for the shaker but it does not light. All of the fuses are good. I pulled the interlock out. I my problem most likely a failed component on the PS board?

(Solved)

I took the board out to look it over. It looked fine so I put it back in the machine. Now the shaker works. Must have been a bad connection.

#9275 1 year ago

What is refreshing is how little posts there are regarding problems with MMR's... I have fixed almost nothing on my machine...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#9276 1 year ago

Hi all, keep getting switch error left Gaye stuck closed. Ran test 16 and it passed fine. Made small switch angle adjustment on left ramp to be more sensitive but the error persists. Any ideas 9n where to go here? Far as I can tell everything is working. Thanks in advance!

#9277 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Any ideas 9n where to go here? Far as I can tell everything is working.

Play a bunch of games and it should clear.

#9278 1 year ago

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a speaker panel decal/magnet for MMR?

#9279 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

It would be sweet if someone made a cool magnet for the XL display.

#9280 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play a bunch of games and it should clear.

Yep played a couple games and it cleared. Thanks.

#9281 1 year ago

I got the one for my MMrSE off of ebay and decided to add the NGG too as it saved on shipping. Only took 3 weeks from Portugal. The MMrSE is a magnet which is great. The NGG is a vinyl decal with a very easy to use and reposition adheasive.

ebay.com link: itm

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9282 1 year ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I got the one for my MMrSE off of ebay and decided to add the NGG too as it saved on shipping. Only took 3 weeks from Portugal. The MMrSE is a magnet which is great. The NGG is a vinyl decal with a very easy to use and reposition adheasive.
[quoted image]

Just ordered thanks for sharing

#9283 1 year ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

#9284 1 year ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Dude! Thanks for the clue in!

#9285 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It would be sweet if someone made a cool magnet for the XL display.

Check Ebay

#9286 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Check Ebay

Thanks!

#9287 1 year ago

Does super jets count down from 100 or 50 at factory settings?

Thanks!

Richard

#9288 1 year ago

Just throwing this out there if anyone is looking for a mmr le speaker control panel with display pm me

63691D98-E218-4CA3-837B-B5655A518947 (resized).jpeg63691D98-E218-4CA3-837B-B5655A518947 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9289 1 year ago

I have MM Royal #4304. I flipped the switch to turn it on and litterally nothing happened. Had just played a few days previously with no issues. Checked the outlet/good. Continuity checked both main fuses in cabinet with multimeter/tested good. I have sent a ticket to Chicago Gaming, waiting for reply. I'm thinking on/off switch..? I did put in key words on this forum search but that yielded no results. Thoughts? Thanks!

#9290 1 year ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I have MM Royal #4304. I flipped the switch to turn it on and litterally nothing happened. Had just played a few days previously with no issues. Checked the outlet/good. Continuity checked both main fuses in cabinet with multimeter/tested good. I have sent a ticket to Chicago Gaming, waiting for reply. I'm thinking on/off switch..? I did put in key words on this forum search but that yielded no results. Thoughts? Thanks!

Check the output voltages on the power supply with your multimeter.

#9291 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Check the output voltages on the power supply with your multimeter.

Thanks for the reply! Embarrassed to admit I had not remembered that the cord is also plugged into the back ot the pin..not hardwired. It wasn't totally inserted/connected. Now where's that dunce cap emoji...

#9292 1 year ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Thanks for the reply! Embarrassed to admit I had not remembered that the cord is also plugged into the back ot the pin..not hardwired. It wasn't totally inserted/connected. Now where's that dunce cap emoji...

Gotta love the easy cheap fixes!

#9293 1 year ago

I’ve seen in some of the previous posts that the solenoid/driver board is in the backbox next to the beagle board. I’m guessing this has been moved because of all the connection issues with the big playfield board flexing etc. It looks like a good idea if it helps fix issues. My question is will this be the future placement on new cabinets? I’m hoping to get a Special edition if more are made (fingers crossed)

#9294 1 year ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

I’ve seen in some of the previous posts that the solenoid/driver board is in the backbox next to the beagle board. I’m guessing this has been moved because of all the connection issues with the big playfield board flexing etc.

No. To bring newer MMR's similar to build like AFMR, MBR, and CCR.

Quoted from W25ARE:

My question is will this be the future placement on new cabinets?

It appears so.

#9295 1 year ago

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight as to what my MMR is doing?

I have a LE with the color chip. I have not updated any code since the color chip came out.
My MMR used to have the Boot bong sound. Since the color update it has not had it. I noticed after it was left on for awhile it has a speaker pop that I've heard of. Will updating my code fix this?.

#9296 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. To bring newer MMR's similar to build like AFMR, MBR, and CCR.

It appears so.

Thanks for the reply that’s good to know. I quite like the look with more boards in the backbox, it seems rather empty with the previous single board.

I’ve registered interest with my supplier Phil in the Uk. Fingers crossed for a Special Edition. Is it still looking like the next run won’t be until late 2023? In a way I don’t mind as it gives time to save up, rather than having to finance the whole purchase with a loan.

I’m planning on adding the topper & shaker. But also thinking on adding a coin mech £1. Though mine will be home use, I quite like the nostalgia of adding physical coins & I know you can add credits from the coin door too. Also thinking it will also function as a piggy bank .Have any other owners added a coin mech?

#9297 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight as to what my MMR is doing?
I have a LE with the color chip. I have not updated any code since the color chip came out.
My MMR used to have the Boot bong sound. Since the color update it has not had it. I noticed after it was left on for awhile it has a speaker pop that I've heard of. Will updating my code fix this?.

crap, how do I get mine not to do that insanely loud BONG... Not sure, I never looked in the menu. I thought we were stuck with it.
Your speakers work other wise?

#9298 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

crap, how do I get mine not to do that insanely loud BONG... Not sure, I never looked in the menu. I thought we were stuck with it.
Your speakers work other wise?

BONG! lol I always wondered why that was so loud regardless of volume.

#9299 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I thought we were stuck with it.

You are.

#9300 1 year ago

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.

...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/186?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.