IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 204.
#9051 2 years ago

F yeah! Finally beat BFTK! And save the children in the same game lol. Now I need to see some barnyard!

#9052 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with LE#462.

Wondering why the display is so much smaller than the Attack from Mars remake SE that's next to it?
Was this just something they upgraded between releases?

ff3 (resized).jpgff3 (resized).jpg

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wondering why the display is so much smaller than the Attack from Mars remake SE that's next to it?
[quoted image]

Well, you can upgrade to the XL display of its available.

#9054 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The original run of MMR, including LEs, did not have the larger display, only the next run of MMR had it as an option. AFM and Monster Bash had them as options from the start. See more below.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club mate!

The XL screen was an add on that only became available for MMR in mid 2020. Original MMr s did not have it, only the MMr Royal edition got the XL screen, topper and RGB lights.

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I believe they are making more XL displays for the early MMr next year.

#9057 2 years ago

Not a big deal, the screen is for spectators anyway. below average players like me don't have much time to watch it.

Just didn't know the backstory is all.

#9058 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not a big deal, the screen is for spectators anyway. below average players like me don't have much time to watch it.
Just didn't know the backstory is all.

The full backstory is:
CGC decided to do a MM remake. Didn’t think they would make many. They decided to make 1000 MMr and since they weren’t really thinking beyond that they called them LE and let people choose between 3 metal finishes and they got a shaker and numbered apron.

Later on they realized there was still a market so they made MMr “standard”. No choice on finish and no shaker and obviously no numbered apron. Same price as the previous LE.

After that they did the other remakes and re-designed their tiers into classic, special, and limited editions. The specials and limited had RGB GI, big screens and the limited had a shaker and topper.

When they revisited MMr they decided to re-issue in the same new 3 tiers. Classic, special, and they couldn’t call it limited since they already had made some, and couldn’t offer exclusive things like numbering or topper out of fear of pissing off the original LE buyers. So they called it Royal edition and offered the big screen, RGB lighting, and topper to anyone that wanted to bring their game up to Royal Edition look. In reality there are far less Royals than original LEs (I believe 355 or 356).

#9059 2 years ago

Thanks mate, that's cool to know.

Really like the remakes.

#9060 2 years ago

Anyone else have a look down bar that's too long? Every other game is snug but this one has a noticeable gap on either side and as a result it slides around during play.

#9061 2 years ago

I think you can adjust the lock down adapter to make it tighter

#9062 2 years ago

Hi Guys- what's a MMRE worth these days?

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

lol that is a loaded question.
Remake of the standard will go again and will probably be similar to the cost of CCr? but you see everyone trying to get 15-20k for one....

#9064 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Quoted from northvibe:

Remake of the standard will go again and will probably be similar to the cost of CCr? but you see everyone trying to get 15-20k for one....

That range is right in my experience. I’ve been cold-call solicited here more times on my MMRE than all other machines I’ve owned collectively in the previous 13 years on Pinside. And all were willing to pay high into that range if I’d sell.

#9065 2 years ago

Getting up to 20k here in Australia. Swapped my loaded 12 month old GnRLE for one a couple weeks ago.

#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm guessing it will be more than CCR. It seems like they charge more for that machine than the rest. When they were selling MMRSE in 2020 it was $9,000 and MBRSE which was still available at that time was $7,300. When they start selling them again (probably 2024 with all the delays going on) I would bet they ask $10,000 for the SE. Also they said they are only going to make 300 next run so I'm sure they are all already spoken for.

#9067 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I'm guessing it will be more than CCR. It seems like they charge more for that machine than the rest. When they were selling MMRSE in 2020 it was $9,000 and MBRSE which was still available at that time was $7,300. When they start selling them again (probably 2024 with all the delays going on) I would bet they ask $10,000 for the SE. Also they said they are only going to make 300 next run so I'm sure they are all already spoken for.

MMR had an se? Do you mean the Royal? Royal msrp was like 10 or 10500, iirc.

I don’t remember an se only a standard and the kit upgrades. Which they said they would make more of those too…

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

MMR had an se? Do you mean the Royal? Royal msrp was like 10 or 10500, iirc.
I don’t remember an se only a standard and the kit upgrades. Which they said they would make more of those too…

Yes they already made a SE. The SE was $9,000 and the Royal was $10,000 back then. They made them when they were making the Royal. I have a SE with a February 2020 build date. So someone on this thread asked Chicago Gaming how many games did they make for the 2020 run and they told them 550. With 378 were Royals and the rest were SE. I'm not sure if any classics were made during the 2020 run.

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yes they already made a SE. The SE was $9,000 and the Royal was $10,000 back then. They made them them when they were making the Royal. I have a SE with a February 2020 build date. So someone on this thread asked Chicago Gaming how many games did they make for the 2020 run and they told them 550. With 378 were Royals and the rest were SE. I'm not sure if any classics were made during the 2020 run.

What parts did the se have? Just the xl screen and gi kit?

#9070 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That range is right in my experience. I’ve been cold-call solicited here more times on my MMRE than all other machines I’ve owned collectively in the previous 13 years on Pinside. And all were willing to pay high into that range if I’d sell.

Same. but for me, MMr is the only game I have got PM's asking to sell. Have gotten a few over the past couple of years.

Quoted from sizzler747:

I would bet they ask $10,000 for the SE.

I think you are right on the money with this prediction.

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What parts did the se have? Just the xl screen and gi kit?

Yes, I had to buy the shaker motor and topper separately and install them. The nice thing about the SE was they already had the holes in the top of the cabinet for the topper so I didn't have to drill them out.

#9072 2 years ago

#9073 2 years ago

Well I bought the classic for 12.5 nib 6os ago so yeah. Upgraded to full RE goodness aside from powdercoat so that's your standard.

#9074 2 years ago

Gzus and my Royal is still stuck nib. No GD room for it!

#9075 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gzus and my Royal is still stuck nib. No GD room for it!

You’re crazy! :-p find some room!

#9076 2 years ago

Ironic the title I’ve wanted since I got into the hobby is the one that’s been nib the longest.

55FAFAA7-2195-47F5-8DEF-CB47FEE674EA.gif55FAFAA7-2195-47F5-8DEF-CB47FEE674EA.gif
#9077 2 years ago

Didn’t the LE have a plyboard base over MDF as another difference?

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Didn’t the LE have a plyboard base over MDF as another difference?

That’s what I’ve heard but the base of my MBr se looks plywood?
However mmr le feels and sounds more solid :shrug:

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That’s what I’ve heard but the base of my MBr se looks plywood?
However mmr le feels and sounds more solid :shrug:

Quote from IPDB for LE so maybe.
“ Cabinet bottom is plywood not MDF. Fully finished cabinet interior. Finished backbox edges. Cabinet art are factory decals. Three trim options: stainless trim with industrial chrome legs, gold-colored powder coat trim and legs, black semi-gloss powder coat trim and legs. A serialized plaque is affixed to the cardholder”

#9080 2 years ago

I was going through my stash of parts and I have two full troll mechs and two coin mechs for MMr if anyone is interested. PM me an we can work out a fair price.

Thanks!

#9081 2 years ago

Hey anyone install the Lermods under cabinet lighting? Just bought it and didn’t really see any info on it here. Thanks

#9082 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

F yeah! Finally beat BFTK! And save the children in the same game lol. Now I need to see some barnyard!

I was one item from barnyard the other day and I accidentally stopped on the wrong item and drained shortly afterward. So close. Never been able to pull it off.

#9083 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I was one item from barnyard the other day and I accidentally stopped on the wrong item and drained shortly afterward. So close. Never been able to pull it off.

I have had my SE for 8 months now. Got to BFK a couple of times times and once drained 1 shot from completing. Have saved the children 2x and barnyard once. I find the ball ends up in the catapult more by accident than skill.

#9084 2 years ago

Left orbit to a held right flipper will put my ball in the catapult more often than not

#9085 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Left orbit to a held right flipper will put my ball in the catapult more often than not

Backhand from the left flipper is tricky but doable as well. Same technique as JP with the control room. If the ball is rolling slowly up the flipper bat (but not enough to fall off) and starts back down, a quick release and flip when the ball is about half-way down the flipper will often work.

#9086 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This.

#9087 2 years ago

Curious about the King of the Realm list. What happens if you beat it twice in 1 game? I was close last night and that got me thinking. Is it just the last one that counts or does it add both times to the list?

I beat BFTK once, then managed to get it going again in the same game and drained on the last shot to defeat the KOP. It wasn't my last ball but there is no way I was going to get it going a third time lol.

BTW all my games are setup with 4 replay levels and they award an EB. My replays are set at 99M, 198M, 297M, 396M on MM so I did manage to get 4 extra balls which certainly explains why I did so well. I typically score just under 99M and when I do get to the first replay level I don't usually get to the second one, let alone levels 3 and 4. Last night was an aberration.

I also got 2 EBs from defeating the second castle, I got 1 EB from the video mode, I got the EB for 10 hurry ups, 1 EB from Castle MB Super Jackpot, and 1 or 2 EBs from Royal Madness. Add the regular 3 balls and it was a 13 or 14 ball game. This explains why I blew up the game last night. It was more luck than skill.

#9088 2 years ago

Anyone know of XL display/sound upgrade kits for sale?!? Trying to upgrade my LE

#9089 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Curious about the King of the Realm list. What happens if you beat it twice in 1 game? I was close last night and that got me thinking. Is it just the last one that counts or does it add both times to the list?
I beat BFTK once, then managed to get it going again in the same game and drained on the last shot to defeat the KOP. It wasn't my last ball but there is no way I was going to get it going a third time lol.
BTW all my games are setup with 4 replay levels and they award an EB. My replays are set at 99M, 198M, 297M, 396M on MM so I did manage to get 4 extra balls which certainly explains why I did so well. I typically score just under 99M and when I do get to the first replay level I don't usually get to the second one, let alone levels 3 and 4. Last night was an aberration.
I also got 2 EBs from defeating the second castle, I got 1 EB from the video mode, I got the EB for 10 hurry ups, 1 EB from Castle MB Super Jackpot, and 1 or 2 EBs from Royal Madness. Add the regular 3 balls and it was a 13 or 14 ball game. This explains why I blew up the game last night. It was more luck than skill.

Congrats that is a great way to set up a game.

How is a extra ball earned during castle multiball?

#9090 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Congrats that is a great way to set up a game.
How is a extra ball earned during castle multiball?

You need 5 jackpots (either ramp). Then the super jackpot will light at the castle lock. If you hit it, the game will light EB at the Merlin hole.

#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone know of XL display/sound upgrade kits for sale?!? Trying to upgrade my LE

I don’t think you will find anyone with those in stock.
More to be released in 2023 I believe.
Richard

#9092 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I don’t think you will find anyone with those in stock.
More to be released in 2023 I believe.
Richard

Thanks!

#9093 2 years ago

Just finished installing the King of Payne topper and RGB GI upgrade kits - minor issues. (Already had the XL Display upgrade package installed and running on 3.0.0 code) When I go into the secret test menu, 4th page, going through the individual item tests, the TROLL LEFT and TROLL RIGHT seem to be reversed and the step through of the WHT RED GREEN BLUE OFF seem to be off by one. Anyone else see this?

RussMyers

#9094 2 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Just finished installing the King of Payne topper and RGB GI upgrade kits - minor issues. (Already had the XL Display upgrade package installed and running on 3.0.0 code) When I go into the secret test menu, 4th page, going through the individual item tests, the TROLL LEFT and TROLL RIGHT seem to be reversed and the step through of the WHT RED GREEN BLUE OFF seem to be off by one. Anyone else see this?
RussMyers

Same thing happened to me. There are 3 connections to the topper board. Likely, the two far right connections are swapped. The connection that goes to the far right will be tight and I needed to remove a couple zip ties to allow it to reach. Others have moved the topper board a little closer to the left.

#9095 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Same thing happened to me. There are 3 connections to the topper board. Likely, the two far right connections are swapped. The connection that goes to the far right will be tight and I needed to remove a couple zip ties to allow it to reach. Others have moved the topper board a little closer to the left.

OK I will try this.

#9096 2 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK I will try this.

I can take a pic of mine quick, if that helps

IMG_4366 (resized).jpegIMG_4366 (resized).jpegIMG_4367 (resized).jpegIMG_4367 (resized).jpegIMG_4368 (resized).jpegIMG_4368 (resized).jpegIMG_4369 (resized).jpegIMG_4369 (resized).jpeg
#9097 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I can take a pic of mine quick, if that helps[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That was it!

Thanks.

The right two connectors were swapped.

RussMyers

#9098 2 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That was it!
Thanks.
The right two connectors were swapped.
RussMyers

awesome! Glad it was easy

#9099 2 years ago

Anyone else experienced MMr sound issues? I suddenly have no game sounds/music during the game or in attract mode. On startup I get a very loud "ding" so I know the speakers are working. I've ensured I'm updated to the latest code (I didn't find any sound code updates unless I missed something?) and checked connections as best I could. Other things I should check? Not sure where to start....

#9100 2 years ago

Do you have a headphone station/panel? On mine when there's no sound it's because someone hit the mute switch on the headphone panel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/182?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.