c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 205.
#851 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Very cool.
But looks like they got installed sideways

Yeah tried to rotate them when I downloaded them but for some reason it wouldn't let me. lol

#852 7 years ago

I just received and installed my shaker motor for my MMR standard about a week ago. I was wondering if anyone has a list or knows all the times the shaker motor is supposed to go off? So far, it only shakes on defeating a castle and when the catapult is launched. When else does it shake or is that it?

#853 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I just received and installed my shaker motor for my MMR standard about a week ago. I was wondering if anyone has a list or knows all the times the shaker motor is supposed to go off? So far, it only shakes on defeating a castle and when the catapult is launched. When else does it shake or is that it?

I think it goes off when the Trolls are active as well if my memory serves.

#854 7 years ago

Yes, it only activates with the trolls,castle,and catapult. I wish the pops could get tied in.

#855 7 years ago

So is it supposed to shake when each Troll pops up or when they get hit? I don't think mine does ether. I will check tonight.

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So is it supposed to shake when each Troll pops up or when they get hit? I don't think mine does ether. I will check tonight.

Definitely when they pop up. Pretty sure when they hit. Check out your shaker settings. For some reason the new code changed the defaults to off or low.

#857 7 years ago

On trolls it should shake when they pop up as well as each time they are hit.

#858 7 years ago

Ok, so when I hit a fast shot to the left loop it goes to the right flipper. Balls coming down the right loop going slow (like from Merlin's magic) hit the top of the right slingshot. So every ball coming down the right loop should goto the right flipper - even slow ones?

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ok, so when I hit a fast shot to the left loop it goes to the right flipper. Balls coming down the right loop going slow (like from Merlin's magic) hit the top of the right slingshot. So every ball coming down the right loop should goto the right flipper - even slow ones?

Yes. If you tweak the guide as I described, both slow and fast shots will hit the flipper.

#860 7 years ago

Just received my MMR 1261. I purchased the MMR color upgrade kit from Chicago Gaming, and I've followed the instructions for upgrading the software to v2.0.1. After installation, I get an INSTALL COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY message, then I power down, remove the card, and turn the game on as instructed. The game still shows version 1 running, so the upgrade failed. I've tried this twice with the same result. I assume that I should not install the PIC until the upgrade to 2.0.1 is successful. Any ideas?

I've written to Lloyd as well about this, but I thought I'd also share this with the group to see if anyone else had the same experience.

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I've written to Lloyd as well about this, but I thought I'd also share this with the group to see if anyone else had the same experience.

I have one idea. QUIT TRYING. It's in there.

You hit ENTER and 1.0 comes up, Williams default.

Open coin door, hold ESCAPE button down until CGC menu comes up, 2.0.1 is in there, it will be on the screen.

Turn the game off, remove old IC and install new one, get the notch or dot in the same position. Turn game on. And enjoy.
LTG : )

#862 7 years ago

The version 1.0 is the game ROM version, the 2.0.1 via the CGC control panel is the system version.

#863 7 years ago

LOL. Lloyd is right, as always. I should have confirmed in the CGC menu, not the Williams. Duh.

#864 7 years ago

Thanks PPS for replying as well. I am absolutely loving the game.

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks PPS for replying as well. I am absolutely loving the game.

Congrats on getting one of the best pins in the universe and welcome to the club.

#866 7 years ago

Thanks. The color upgrade is worth every penny to me, and the game is flawless, IMO.

#867 7 years ago

Went to the local pincade tonight for some gaming action...

noticed something interesting.
the new ghostbusters pin didn't have anyone playing it.
and the MMR didn't either. people are always playing these 2 pins.

but then I starting looking around some more and noticed not a lot of people on the pins, at all.
so, I walk around to another isle/area and look and see (not making this up)...

hoards of cougars walking around with like 30 to 50 feet of connected redemption tickets around their necks hanging down to the ground.
it was just crazy. but, then realized Austin City Limits (ACL) is this weekend, so all the cool kids are out watching live concerts.

back to our regularly scheduled MMRness

#868 7 years ago

Are there any key fobs made for MM/MMR? Can't seem to find any online.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Are there any key fobs made for MM/MMR? Can't seem to find any online.

Should come with the pin in the goodie bag ?

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Should come with the pin in the goodie bag ?

Nope.

#871 7 years ago

PPS has them for sale

#872 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

PPS has them for sale

Thanks!

#873 7 years ago

Had an awesome game where everything fell into place earlier tonight...and my clock is a whole year fast, LOL! First time I've managed to become king on my MMr (had done it on a MM before). I really love this game!

IMG_2686 (resized).JPGIMG_2686 (resized).JPG

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Had an awesome game where everything fell into place earlier tonight...and my clock is a whole year fast, LOL! First time I've managed to become king on my MMr (had done it on a MM before). I really love this game!

It's an absolute rush when you are in the zone with this game and to defeat the king of Payne is priceless. I absolutely love this game, CGC/PPS really hit a home run with this machine. I hope they announce their next re-release at expo next week. I can't believe there hasn't been any leaks as to what the next one will be. Usually by now there have been a few pin heads diving into dumpsters outside of CGC/PPS headquarters going through thrown out receipts looking for clues but so far it's still a mystery. Oh well, at least we don't need to post a video and fill an application as to why they should sell us their next pin.

#875 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

It's an absolute rush when you are in the zone with this game and to defeat the king of Payne is priceless. I absolutely love this game, CGC/PPS really hit a home run with this machine. I hope they announce their next re-release at expo next week. I can't believe there hasn't been any leaks as to what the next one will be. Usually by now there have been a few pin heads diving into dumpsters outside of CGC/PPS headquarters going through thrown out receipts looking for clues but so far it's still a mystery. Oh well, at least we don't need to post a video and fill an application as to why they should sell us their next pin.

Not sure it's a complete mystery. Word on the street is that it will be Attack from Mars.

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Not sure it's a complete mystery. Word on the street is that it will be Attack from Mars.

Cactus Canyon rumor I heard.

#877 7 years ago

It's AFMr

#878 7 years ago

Joined the club today !!!!!!

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Congrats, and welcome!

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

yay

#881 7 years ago

I'll be picking mine up later this week. Pardon a few dumb questions, but can the color upgrade have finer definition from the original or is it simply the same animations, just colored? Reason I'm asking is because I thought I remember reading a thread on how much crisper the color upgrade is from the standard orange. 2nd, are the mods that are available for the original MM's compatible for MMr? I'm mainly referring to the lighting mods-Castle arch light mod, etc. Lastly, how are the LED's on this? I'm really not a fan at all of LED's for GI-I prefer the warmer glow of incandescents-are they the cold, sterile look, or? Oh, one other thing..what does the CG control panel do and where is it located on the machine? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one as I'm really looking forward to dive in!

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

I'll be picking mine up later this week. Pardon a few dumb questions, but can the color upgrade have finer definition from the original or is it simply the same animations, just colored? Reason I'm asking is because I thought I remember reading a thread on how much crisper the color upgrade is from the standard orange. 2nd, are the mods that are available for the original MM's compatible for MMr? I'm mainly referring to the lighting mods-Castle arch light mod, etc. Lastly, how are the LED's on this? I'm really not a fan at all of LED's for GI-I prefer the warmer glow of incandescents-are they the cold, sterile look, or? Oh, one other thing..what does the CG control panel do and where is it located on the machine? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one as I'm really looking forward to dive in!

Yes the colored dots are higher resolution.

And yes most of the mods are compatable. As you can just tie them in to the board under the playfield. Or any G.I. socket.
The leds that are in the machine are the warm retro style. So they look like and act like incandescents. And you can change the incandescent emulation in the software settings. And the brightness of the inserts as well.
To access the CGC settings you hold the escape button in the coindoor down for a few seconds and it goes into a MMr adjustment menu, dmd color, coil strength, flipper strength, etc. Etc.

For all other adjustments, ball save time, extra balls etc. It works the same as every Williams WPC system settings.
All in the MMr manual.

New dots
IMG_20161009_224628 (resized).jpgIMG_20161009_224628 (resized).jpg

Factory Leds.
Screenshot_20161009-231319 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161009-231319 (resized).png

#883 7 years ago

Has Chicago gaming announced their next pin yet? Anyone at Expo hear any news?

#884 7 years ago

Has Chicago gaming announced their next pin yet? Anyone at Expo hear any news?

No announcements at Expo this year. Rumor is they can't come to an agreement with Stern for contract manufacturing of the next remake so it may be awhile.

There were ~5MMr available for play at Chicago Gaming's expo floor space. Unfortunately every single one of them had a credit dot.

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

No announcements at Expo this year. Rumor is they can't come to an agreement with Stern for contract manufacturing of the next remake so it may be awhile.

I hope they can resolve it however there are other options available to them including JJP, Heighway and possibly Spooky or American Pinball. All of them would love the boost. After seeing the new pins at expo, I'm leaning towards a more full featured revamp of the classic titles with LCD screens with HD animations, Bill Ung saucer mod as standard etc.

#886 7 years ago

Stern needs to get their playfield issues ironed out before they start contract manufacturing again.

#887 7 years ago

I'm thinking of buying one of these but am concerned over build quality. Is the talk of poor playfields a consistent problem or just a one in a hundred thing?

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Unfortunately every single one of them had a credit dot.

Probably "Time and date not set."

Not kidding. Still happening to my MMr on location with the new code.

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Probably "Time and date not set."
Not kidding. Still happening to my MMr on location with the new code.

Change the 2032 battery and see if it goes away. If not, file a support ticket and PM me the number.

Marc

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Change the 2032 battery and see if it goes away. If not, file a support ticket and PM me the number.

I can certainly do that. But if it was the battery, why is it intermittent. It will go a couple months, then the error. Then a month no problems, then the error.

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm thinking of buying one of these but am concerned over build quality. Is the talk of poor playfields a consistent problem or just a one in a hundred thing?

I don't know of any playfield issues on MMr like the ones Stern are currently dealing with. Besides the batch of MMr's that had the thin ink on the castle inserts, they seem to be holding up well.

I've had mine for a while now and I haven't had any issues and it has played flawlessly. I don't regret my purchase at all.

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I can certainly do that. But if it was the battery, why is it intermittent. It will go a couple months, then the error. Then a month no problems, then the error.

I am trying to remove the last simple variable before we look at the board itself. Try the simple fix first and if you continue to have issues, I'll do whatever I can to help.

Marc

#893 7 years ago

Thanks for the response Jrockne.

One last question: I'm a huge modder of my games and would want to mod the heck out of this one too. Besides being unable to change the insert bulbs, what type of mods can you NOT do on MMR that you could on MM?

For example the glowing troll eyes mod, does that install the same way on both?

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The playfields are not directly from Stern and Stern resolved their playfield issue. It was due to insufficient time for cure and rushing the games out. Playfields need 3 months to fully cure period. Failure to allow the playfields to cure will lead to premature wear, gouges, flaking and ghosting. Stern should have known this.

The MMR playfields, the cabinets as well as any future remakes come from Churchill Cabinet Company which has been in business since 1904. Churchill Cabinet Company was purchased about 35 years ago by Roger Duba now operating as Chicago Gaming. Chicago Gaming has been a major manufacturer of cabinets and playfields and knows the business of pinball manufacturing extremely well. I'm absolutely confident that they will find a solution and will ensure that the next remake will be made with the highest of standards. Purchase with confidence, Chicago Gaming makes a great product and you do not need to worry.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

One last question: I'm a huge modder of my games and would want to mod the heck out of this one too. Besides being unable to change the insert bulbs, what type of mods can you NOT do on MMR that you could on MM?
For example the glowing troll eyes mod, does that install the same way on both?

Besides the insert lights, most other mods are available.
Here's a link to a MMr mod thread you can check out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I am trying to remove the last simple variable before we look at the board itself. Try the simple fix first and if you continue to have issues, I'll do whatever I can to help.

Thanks for taking time to respond to this. I'll swap the battery tomorrow.

I'll add that I'm not the only one seeing this. After the last code update others had the error show up again right around the same time. It was like clockwork.

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Thanks for taking time to respond to this. I'll swap the battery tomorrow.
I'll add that I'm not the only one seeing this. After the last code update others had the error show up again right around the same time. It was like clockwork.

Yup; I have been helping to triage this. There have been some folks that hit a code issue that was fixed. Some got new batteries and haven't had an issue. If you have a game that batteries or new code doesn't fix, then it's not the same issue, and CGC will want to work with you directly to resolve the issue.

Thanks for hanging with it.

Marc

#898 7 years ago

(sales propaganda removed) I'm absolutely confident that they will find a solution and will ensure that the next remake will be made with the highest of standards. Purchase with confidence, Chicago Gaming makes a great product and you do not need to worry.

Maybe you missed it but try telling the 75-100 MMr customers that got stuck with a factory second PF (that's what PF's with defects are called) and were told they would have to live with it. Now they have a machine worth considerably less than the other "lucky" MMr owners.

Sure they had a good track record up till then BUT that's what happened. Maybe when they were doing contract work for WMS, etc those companies would reject the bad PF's. But NOT when CGC was fully in charge. Rather than do the right thing and print some more proper PF's for their "valued" customers they chose to save every penny and make the customer eat the mistake. Outrageous (as Judge Judy would say)

So we learned a lot about the company during this. Thinking the SAME exact thing could not happen again would be another mistake.
Obviously... yes you DO need to worry.

YOU can be as "confident" as YOU like but that is completely meaningless... try telling that to the people that got screwed with this first remake.

Other than that I thought it turned out pretty well - but having to cross your fingers and hope you'll be lucky enough to get a "good" one for 8k is completely unacceptable. I'd hate to see another group of buyers get screwed again.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Marc

Mine is still doing it as well I have changed the battery. I will file another ticket

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Mine is still doing it as well I have changed the battery. I will file another ticket

PM me the ticket number so I can assist.

Marc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.