image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 205.
#8901 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Anyone know of anywhere with the RGB kits in stock? Yes…I Googled and all the normal hits are sold out… never hurts to ask…
Thanks in advance for any leads. Happy Holidays.

I am on the waitlist at http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-UPGMMR-RGBG

#8902 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Anyone know of anywhere with the RGB kits in stock? Yes…I Googled and all the normal hits are sold out… never hurts to ask…

Thanks in advance for any leads. Happy Holidays.

They have been unavailable for awhile now. Good news is CGC has said they plan more MM kits at some point. I am kicking myself for only getting the XL screen. Plan on getting the RGB and Topper on the next go around.

#8903 2 years ago

Merry Christmas from the castle!!

#8904 2 years ago

The King of Payne says Merry Christmas to all!!

1366C679-CE01-4454-B3FD-F8773782C9FE (resized).jpeg1366C679-CE01-4454-B3FD-F8773782C9FE (resized).jpeg
#8905 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all MMR guys

#8906 2 years ago

I have a brand new translate. PM if interested.

IMG_4440 (resized).jpgIMG_4440 (resized).jpg
#8907 2 years ago

Fresh waxing!

29687233-E6A7-46A5-AEF6-3F6D58488A2C (resized).jpeg29687233-E6A7-46A5-AEF6-3F6D58488A2C (resized).jpeg
#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The King of Payne says Merry Christmas to all!!
[quoted image]

Love it!!!

#8909 2 years ago

Hello.

Can anybody here help me with
A good scan or file containing
The Apron cards for MMR

Thanks

#8910 2 years ago

I was checking the power supply voltage on my MM Royal remake so I can install Pin Monks cooling fans.
I’m getting 10.5 out of both V+ terminals. Can someone check their power supply and see what you are getting? The power supply is adjustable and I’m not sure if there is a reason it’s set so low from the factory. CGC seems to be closed for the holiday.

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Hello.
Can anybody here help me with
A good scan or file containing
The Apron cards for MMR
Thanks

Anybody ??

#8912 2 years ago

Here's some custom apron cards. I can't find the stock ones, you might try opening a support ticket with CGC.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/20#post-5816402

#8913 2 years ago

The shaker on my MMr seems to vibrate the cab in a not so enjoyable way (I have it set on ‘light’).
I have the exact same shaker in my MBr and AFMr and it feels perfect on ‘default’.
Any tips how to calm the shaker down a bit more? I already have the glass nice and snug with felt tape.
Thanks!
Richard

#8914 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

The shaker on my MMr seems to vibrate the cab in a not so enjoyable way (I have it set on ‘light’).
I have the exact same shaker in my MBr and AFMr and it feels perfect on ‘default’.
Any tips how to calm the shaker down a bit more? I already have the glass nice and snug with felt tape.
Thanks!
Richard

I have the same issue. I finally gave up and unplugged it.

#8915 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Maybe a anti vibration pad under it? A thin one. Then keep layering it until the desired effect is achieved…
Would like to know if anyone tried something like this first.

DB60E40A-0453-46A9-B275-D5419D2EE8FF (resized).pngDB60E40A-0453-46A9-B275-D5419D2EE8FF (resized).png
#8916 2 years ago

Maybe a anti vibration pad under it? A thin one. Then keep layering it until the desired effect is achieved…

Thats a great idea. Following...

#8917 2 years ago

Thanks!
Richard

It's come up a few times, you might need to adjust the weights on your shaker motor if you haven't already. See below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/130#post-5715554

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

It's come up a few times, you might need to adjust the weights on your shaker motor if you haven't already. See below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/130#post-5715554

Hmmm. It says to line up the weights a bit to reduce the shake. One shaker I had in there the weights are lined up (or so I think) and it was still to strong.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8919 2 years ago

Or maybe rubber washers? Just spitballing…

#8920 2 years ago

Hmmm. It says to line up the weights a bit to reduce the shake. One shaker I had in there the weights are lined up (or so I think) and it was still to strong. [quoted image]

If adjusting the weights doesn't yield the desired results, another option would be to use a PWM controller to further restrict the speed/rotation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-speed-controller-mmr

#8921 2 years ago

I ordered that thin anti vibration mat. I’ll let you know how I make out!

#8922 2 years ago

I ordered that thin anti vibration mat. I’ll let you know how I make out!

Thanks!

#8923 2 years ago

The weights should be offset, yes? They need to be opposite, so just making them straight may keep the “shake”.

I forgot what mine looked like, I’ll need to open.

Edit:
From what I recall being told, as I have a CT red tremor that needs to be tamed down. The off set weights need to be opposite to not shake as much.

Shown here, this is my mmr. The offset is on the same side, mine rattles like a mofo.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The weights should be offset, yes? They need to be opposite, so just making them straight may keep the “shake”.

Ok. I’m not sure. Let’s see what the others say.

#8925 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Edit:
From what I recall being told, as I have a CT red tremor that needs to be tamed down. The off set weights need to be opposite to not shake as much.
Shown here, this is my mmr. The offset is on the same side, mine rattles like a mofo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohh ok. So I’ll need to try that first. Adjust mine.
How do you adjust the weights?
Thanks!

#8926 2 years ago

Huh. Well I took my one weight off and there is only a dimple for the shaker weight to be the one way… not sure the set screw is strong enough to use a non dimple section.

May be time to cut the weight or make a new dimple. Curious what orhers have done. Maybe I’ll dig into the tremor soon

#8927 2 years ago

How do you adjust the weights?

Set screw on the weight holding it to the shaft of the motor.

LTG : )

#8928 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

make a new dimple.

Dremel a new dimple.

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dremel a new dimple.

I think I may…..

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Set screw on the weight holding it to the shaft of the motor.

Use a Allen key to adjust here?

F61CB725-A6B5-4383-8942-E9B8F27C95E3 (resized).jpegF61CB725-A6B5-4383-8942-E9B8F27C95E3 (resized).jpeg
#8931 2 years ago

Use a Allen key to adjust here?[quoted image]

I am trying to adjust here but it is not turning for some reason!

#8932 2 years ago

I am trying to adjust here but it is not turning for some reason!

gotta use a small allen, you have to back it out pretty far and then it will spin separate from the other side, which you may have to hold while you turn it

EDIT:
I think my allen is a 3/32

#8933 2 years ago

Thanks!
Richard

This shaker problem didn’t exist prior to the last software upgrade, the one needed for the display/lighting/topper kits.

Seems like CGC broke the shaker with software, why can’t they fix it with software? Don’t they test it?

You can’t adjust the weights without drilling a new dimple in the shaft.

I also have my shaker turned off. It shook so hard during Madness Multiballs that it would set off the tilt!

Fix the software CGC.

#8934 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

This shaker problem didn’t exist prior to the last software upgrade, the one needed for the display/lighting/topper kits.
Seems like CGC broke the shaker with software, why can’t they fix it with software? Don’t they test it?
You can’t adjust the weights without drilling a new dimple in the shaft.
I also have my shaker turned off. It shook so hard during Madness Multiballs that it would set off the tilt!
Fix the software CGC.

....I don't think mine changed with that software update......

#8935 2 years ago

I bought the Classic Edition in 2018, and added the shaker just after that. The shaker was always very mild. Then last year I upgraded the software when I installed the XL display. And the shaker was on steroids after that, even on the lowest setting. And it seems they tweaked the software because the shaker also activated during additional events.

Curious to know if anyone else had the same experience.

#8936 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I think this would make it worse. By allowing the motor actually move more.

#8937 2 years ago

I just hacked a divot to the opposite side of stock on one of the weights. Now the weights are opposite of eachother..... There is noise when the shaker goes off but no shake.....

#8938 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just hacked a divot to the opposite side of stock on one of the weights. Now the weights are opposite of eachother..... There is noise when the shaker goes off but no shake.....

You balanced the shaker by putting equal weights opposed to each other. Putting one weight 90 degrees from the other would be the half way adjustment.

#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

From what I recall being told, as I have a CT red tremor that needs to be tamed down.

Isn't the red tremor infamous for being too powerful? Perhaps replace with a new, bit calmer, shaker.

#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

You balanced the shaker by putting equal weights opposed to each other. Putting one weight 90 degrees from the other would be the half way adjustment.

Yes, I know. I was trying to prove/show the other users.

I have mine currently set at a 90 degree offset and it is ok, more noise than shake, but you can feel the shake.

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Isn't the red tremor infamous for being too powerful? Perhaps replace with a new, bit calmer, shaker.

yeah. it was shaking games loose. I think they either stopped making it or changed it. I need to adjust the weights but I just haven't remembered. However it seems today I've been doing the random stuff I always forget to do... Like HOOKS little metal pieces Once I shop the MM out i'll swap in the rgb pops and clear covers.

#8942 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

It shook so hard during Madness Multiballs that it would set off the tilt!
Fix the software CGC.

If the shaker is not breaking anything yet setting off the tilt then your tilt is not adjusted properly. It’s not a software issue.I find the shaker on MMr to be very aggressive but certainly no worse than Roadshow.

The tilt bob is either too tight or more likely to just not be centered properly which is pretty common. Mine was so off centered i removed the tilt bob completely.

But hey it’s your machine! If you want the tilt to be so sensitive you can’t even slap save it’s your choice! You found a workaround by turning off the shaker but could have just as easily loosened the tilt sensitivity a bit.

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gona try 90 degrees now? How did you “hack a divot”?
Thanks!
Richard

#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes, I know. I was trying to prove/show the other users.
I have mine currently set at a 90 degree offset and it is ok, more noise than shake, but you can feel the shake.

Nice. Maybe I’ll try around 45 degrees first then?

#8945 2 years ago

Gona try 90 degrees now? How did you “hack a divot”?
Thanks!
Richard

Nice. Maybe I’ll try around 45 degrees first then?

I can take a pic, I don't think I did of the 90. Ok soooo I have a dremmel with a cut off wheel and a drill with a step bit (sharp tip) I really didn't get a good divot but I got something and it's stuck.

Game off
I took off the shaker case
removed the front facing weight
Took the rear weight and turned it so it was horizontal to the floor/cab
Marked the metal post where the divot would go
So the back weight is -- and the front weight will go |
I took the dremel with wheel and make a little notch then worked it front to back just a little to make a flat/concave spot.
Then I took the drill bit and while holding the rear weight again slowly started the bit to get a little concave action.

Let me get pics, That may help some too.

540B9989-3708-4609-8988-6708D305ADE4 (resized).jpeg540B9989-3708-4609-8988-6708D305ADE4 (resized).jpeg7C6EEAE4-DD04-4D37-B1C8-98DDDF13082A (resized).jpeg7C6EEAE4-DD04-4D37-B1C8-98DDDF13082A (resized).jpeg
#8946 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

I bought the Classic Edition in 2018, and added the shaker just after that. The shaker was always very mild. Then last year I upgraded the software when I installed the XL display. And the shaker was on steroids after that, even on the lowest setting. And it seems they tweaked the software because the shaker also activated during additional events.

Curious to know if anyone else had the same experience.

Yes, mine is the same way after the update. It has been mentioned before in this thread.

#8947 2 years ago

Well, got the weight off at least. Can I use a regular drill bit to make a new “dimple”?
Gona try 90 agrees to start.
Thanks,
Richard

#8948 2 years ago

I would say depends how sharp the bit is, I don't think a drill bit will just bite into the shaft as it will want to step off. The dremel disc made a flat spot for the bit to stay on. Otherwise a drill press would be useful if you have one and can clamp in the shaker.

#8949 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the shaker is not breaking anything yet setting off the tilt then your tilt is not adjusted properly. It’s not a software issue.I find the shaker on MMr to be very aggressive but certainly no worse than Roadshow.
The tilt bob is either too tight or more likely to just not be centered properly which is pretty common. Mine was so off centered i removed the tilt bob completely.
But hey it’s your machine! If you want the tilt to be so sensitive you can’t even slap save it’s your choice! You found a workaround by turning off the shaker but could have just as easily loosened the tilt sensitivity a bit.

Adjusting the tilt was the first thing I did. It’s dead center and as low as it can be and still contact the ring.

You know they modified the software because prior to the upgrade the shaker wasn’t triggered by a shot through the little ball lock door. And after the upgrade is when the shaker strength went berserk. They did something….

No big deal. It’s shut off. Don’t miss it that much.

#8950 2 years ago

Thanks!
Richard

There is also another shaker adjustment in the CGC menu called “Additonal Shake”- I set mine to off. Normal “Shaker Strength” is set to light. Shaker is tolerable with these settings on mine (didn’t have to adjust the shaker/weights itself).

1E0F6AA3-CC9A-416B-A8BE-3F422028290F (resized).jpeg1E0F6AA3-CC9A-416B-A8BE-3F422028290F (resized).jpeg2368DA6A-6A01-46D3-9F34-C00A18806BC1 (resized).jpeg2368DA6A-6A01-46D3-9F34-C00A18806BC1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.