c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 205.
#8851 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Happy Thanksgiving!!! My 3 year old grandson shows up at 11:30 am, promptly fires up my MMrRE, jumps on the stool, and goes at it!!!!
Good times!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! My son just turned 3 and is a pinball wizard himself! He just discovered TAF and is getting good at it. He loves MM, CV, CSI and his fav is MB!

#8852 2 years ago

And this morning I wake up to this!!

20211126_093413 (resized).jpg20211126_093413 (resized).jpg

20211126_094124 (resized).jpg20211126_094124 (resized).jpg

And into the evening!!! Good grief

20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg
#8853 2 years ago

Thanksgiving gaming after some whiskey.

20211125_175734 (resized).jpg20211125_175734 (resized).jpg20211125_194056 (resized).jpg20211125_194056 (resized).jpg
#8854 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And this morning I wake up to this!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It looks like she is really bringin’ the Payne.

#8855 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It looks like she is really bringin’ the Payne.

She was quite angry w the Trolls at the moment..lol

#8856 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Thanksgiving gaming after some whiskey.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Liquid Sunshine? Well done!!

#8857 2 years ago

I have noticed that the Peasant ramp on my MMR rarely register as completed when the ball is moving slowly. It registers fine otherwise, as long as the ball completes the loop relatively quickly. I assume this is in error, perhaps a switch adjustment, but it seems like it’s been this way since I updated the RGB GI. I also updated the code to v3.0 at that time, so I was curious if anyone else is experiencing this as a result of the code update.

#8858 2 years ago
Quoted from broada:

perhaps a switch adjustment

This.

LTG : )

#8859 2 years ago

Can any kind soul point me to the page number or post in this thread that has the modified instructions for installing Topper, RGB, XL display into a 2015 MMR LE? Have had my upgrades sitting in boxes for months waiting for cold weather. Now's the time.

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Can any kind soul point me to the page number or post in this thread that has the modified instructions for installing Topper, RGB, XL display into a 2015 MMR LE? Have had my upgrades sitting in boxes for months waiting for cold weather. Now's the time.

congrats!
directions are all in the box as well.

This video helps a lot though. will give you the gist of things. The only hard part was getting the hole for the topper lined up so that the topper was flush to the front of the head.

also redo the pins so you can get rgb speaker lights!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/129#post-5704119

#8861 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

congrats!
This video helps a lot though. will give you the gist of things. The only hard part was getting the hole for the topper lined up so that the topper was flush to the front of the head.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/129#post-5704119

thanks!

#8862 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do the normal Williams mirror blades fit the remake or does cgc’s fit better? I have an old wms set laying around……

We had a standard williams set on our MMR. We ended up taking them out and put in some Brian Allen art blades. They look awesome.

#8863 2 years ago

Just curious how fun this game is in a collection. I had a Afmr le and got bored fast and sold it with no regrets. Any feedback appreciated

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious how fun this game is in a collection. I had a Afmr le and got bored fast and sold it with no regrets. Any feedback appreciated

Mmmm honestly I’d you get bored with afm idk why you wouldn’t get bored of mm… similar style of game and humor :/

#8865 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I agree with Northvibe that AFM and MM have many similarities. I’ve owned MM twice, and the first time it lasted just a few weeks. Later I appreciated what a classic MM is, with one of the best toys ever. I added AFM and MB soon after that. I love all 3, but I’m careful not to play each one too often, maybe a few games each week. I don’t think I could play AFM or MM daily and not overdue it. Both are among the best pins ever made, imho. If I had to choose only one, MM would get the slight nod.

#8866 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I owned both afmr and mmr. Mmr by a mile for me. So much more satisfying and layered than afm to me. Battling for the kingdom is so satisfying. Just my opinion.

#8867 2 years ago

Ya I’ve had mmr since release, I don’t play it too often. But I’ll have a few games every now and then. If it was my only game, I’d probably get bored but I like to just rotate the game Of the week and not play some often. Sometimes it does take time to appreciate something. I keep my current line up because they are fun for the family. And I’ve never get close to beating any. Mmr and MBr I can see and feel being shallow but sure are fun to shoot and try to stack

Edit: oh and I maybe would say mmr for some reason is a tad higher on the list than afm for me…not sure what it is

#8868 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

congrats!

Also you may need to rewire the speakers. After the upgrades some of us only had one speaker working.

#8869 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Also you may need to rewire the speakers. After the upgrades some of us only had one speaker working.

This. You have to switch the wiring in the molex connector or you can probably switch the wires on the speaker itself. There are some posts in this thread that detail this.

#8870 2 years ago

I am looking for someone who sells mirror blades for mmr. I don't like the oversized hole from Cointaker.

thumbnail_IMG_2971 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2971 (resized).jpg
#8871 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

I am looking for someone who sells mirror blades for mmr. I don't like the oversized hole from Cointaker.
[quoted image]

I have some williams ones I need to see how they fit..... I WISH cgc would make their blades again......

#8872 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

[quoted image]

I got my mirror blades from pinballdecals.com for my champion pub and they look great. No oversize screw hole.

#8873 2 years ago

When I bought my MMrSE, I bought my friends Cointaker mirror blades and shaker motor since he didn't need them after he upgraded his to a MMrRE. I was surprised by how the hole was the wrong size and decided to just add a vinyl washer to cover up the gap. Not a great picture, but this is what it looks like.

Quoted from Botfly:

[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8874 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I got my mirror blades from pinballdecals.com for my champion pub and they look great. No oversize screw hole.

I will contact them, Thank You.

#8875 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Cointaker mirror blades

I will never buy anything from them again.

1 week later
#8876 2 years ago

Have an intermittent issue with right Joust loop not registering. I think it happens once in a while during regular play but I saw it not register several times during royal madness.
Also, sometimes the castle doesn't register a hit.
It's a very new machine, 300 plays, nib back in august, classic version.
Ran switch tests and it registers with a press or a ball.

Any ideas?

#8877 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Have an intermittent issue with right Joust loop not registering. I think it happens once in a while during regular play but I saw it not register several times during royal madness.
Any ideas?

almost wonder if the ball is hitting it too fast? like on joust is the ball just ripping around it?

#8878 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Any ideas?

The castle hits work differently if the draw bridge is up or down. If it's up, the trigger is the opto just before the drawbridge. If the drawbridge is down, the trigger is the opto just in front of the gate. A really fast ball that hops because of the drawbridge will often not trigger it.

For the joust loop the switches are probably not sensitive enough and a ball that whips around quickly will not press it enough to trigger. switch adjustment is easy. The plastic housing of the switch can be turned slightly once the 2 screws holding it are loosened a bit. you need to twist it so it almost triggers. Hard to explain with just words. You can also bend the wire itself so it sits closer to the little button that sticks out on the switch housing.

In the attached picture if you loosen the microswitch and turn it clock wise it will be more sensitive. counter-clockwise would be less sensitive. The turning is really minimal. There isn't much play but it doesn't take much to adjust it usually. When that isn't enough then the metal wire itself can also be bent.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8879 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The castle hits work differently if the draw bridge is up or down. If it's up, the trigger is the opto just before the drawbridge. If the drawbridge is down, the trigger is the opto just in front of the gate. A fast ball that hops becuase of the drawbridge will often not trigger it.
The loop the switches are probably not sensitive enough and a ball that whips around quickly will not press it enough to trigger. switch adjustment is easy. The plastic housing of the switch can be twisted once the 2 screws holding it are loosened a bit. you need to twist it so it almost triggers. Hard to explain with just words. You can also bend the wire itself so it sits closer to the little button that sticks out on the switch housing.
In the attached picture if you loosen the microswitch and turn it clock wise it will be more sensitive. counter-clockwise would be less sensitive. The turning is really minimal. There isn't much play but it doesn't take much to adjust it usually. When that isn't enough then the metal wire itself can also be bent.
[quoted image]

I'm wondering if it's the lower gate switch on the loop. That one really has to have the gate arm all the way up to register. I'll start with that one.

#8880 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The castle hits work differently if the draw bridge is up or down. If it's up, the trigger is the opto just before the drawbridge. If the drawbridge is down, the trigger is the opto just in front of the gate. A really fast ball that hops because of the drawbridge will often not trigger it.
For the joust loop the switches are probably not sensitive enough and a ball that whips around quickly will not press it enough to trigger. switch adjustment is easy. The plastic housing of the switch can be turned slightly once the 2 screws holding it are loosened a bit. you need to twist it so it almost triggers. Hard to explain with just words. You can also bend the wire itself so it sits closer to the little button that sticks out on the switch housing.
[quoted image]

Ok adjusted lower gate switch, its now quite sensitive. I had no idea what you were talking about until I got the switch unmounted and then it was obvious haha. Thanks hope that does it ill report back after some games.

#8881 2 years ago

Heading home with a mmr le. Finally got one.

B241BE2C-285C-4AEC-99AC-88ADDE2BCED5 (resized).jpegB241BE2C-285C-4AEC-99AC-88ADDE2BCED5 (resized).jpeg
#8882 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Hi Selling my MMr standard that I purchased new in 2017. It has the royal upgrades GI Lighting, and Ultra wide DMD screen, with colour chip. Shaker motor, and art blades, Upgraded ...”
2021-12-06
Palm Coast, FL
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 646 times

kempsuk just listed a Medieval Madness Remake here in Florida for a great price ($22.950)! His machines are mint condition and he is super nice to deal with. I bought a Deapool Pro from him and he went out of his way to help me pack it up and get it in my car. highly recommended seller!

#8883 2 years ago

I just installed the topper but do not have the RGB kit. Is it possible to get the color changing speakers without the RGB kit? I do not have a 10 pin connector to attach to the far right spot on the topper PCB. Does anyone know where to get an appropriate size 10 pin connector and will it work to move the speaker pins without the RGB kit? Thanks.
B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpegB9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg

#8884 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

I just installed the topper but do not have the RGB kit. Is it possible to get the color changing speakers without the RGB kit? I do not have a 10 pin connector to attach to the far right spot on the topper PCB. Does anyone know where to get an appropriate size 10 pin connector and will it work to move the speaker pins without the RGB kit? Thanks.
[quoted image]

The color changing speakers are built into the XL display, do you have that kit? If not you'll need to buy that or custom your own rgb speaker leds and wire them into the gi or off the topper pcb.

#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The color changing speakers are built into the XL display, do you have that kit? If not you'll need to buy that or custom your own rgb speaker leds and wire them into the gi or off the topper pcb.

Yes. I have the XL display and the lighted speakers. Mine are always blue. I just need to plug it into the Topper board but I do not have the 10 pin connector

#8886 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

I will contact them, Thank You.

I ordered a set from pinball decals as well.

#8887 2 years ago

Would anyone know if and where a King of Payne Topper can be purchased

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Yes. I have the XL display and the lighted speakers. Mine are always blue. I just need to plug it into the Topper board but I do not have the 10 pin connector

Let me find the post, you just need to move a pin or two. You don’t need the topper board iirc

Edit: here is how to make the speaker rgb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

#8889 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

The pcb and plug are included.
The pcb was included with your topper and the plug is the one that is on the XL display.

Does yours look different than this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8890 2 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

Would anyone know if and where a King of Payne Topper can be purchased

I believe they are all sold out… could be wrong.

#8891 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Let me find the post, you just need to move a pin or two. You don’t need the topper board iirc
Edit: here is how to make the speaker rgb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

Yup, I followed these steps and it works great.

#8892 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The pcb and plug are included.
The pcb was included with your topper and the plug is the one that is on the XL display.
Does yours look different than this?
[quoted image]

I did not install the XL display, the previous owner installed it. I installed the topper. I do not currently have anything plugged into the bottom right area of the PCB board. Does the XL display cable move from the main board to the PCB from the topper?

#8893 2 years ago

Did not make any changes to the plug, just plug the connector from the speaker panel into the Topper board. That is why there is so much extra wire on the speaker panel.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-xl-display-speaker-lights-dont-interact#post-6165184

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

Did not make any changes to the plug, just plug the connector from the speaker panel into the Topper board. That is why there is so much extra wire on the speaker panel.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-xl-display-speaker-lights-dont-interact#post-6165184

The connector from the speakers is a 6 pin and the spot on the PCB is a 10 pin. I’m just not sure what type of 10 pin connector to buy. Picture of my current setup with XL display and topper.

51922AF8-67A6-4910-AFCC-E60A95B382D8 (resized).jpeg51922AF8-67A6-4910-AFCC-E60A95B382D8 (resized).jpeg
#8895 2 years ago

After reviewing the instructions again. The plug in that 10 position lower right spot is from the backboard rgb (included in the rgb gi kit) So if you want to wire the speakers there, you can purchase a connector (10 position) and remove the pins from the XL display and move them up to that.

I suppose you could move them to the topper connector(s) but you would need to validate rgb and power, the lower right connector has already been verified.

#8896 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:After reviewing the instructions again. The plug in that 10 position lower right spot is from the backboard rgb (included in the rgb gi kit) So if you want to wire the speakers there, you can purchase a connector (10 position) and remove the pins from the XL display and move them up to that.
I suppose you could move them to the topper connector(s) but you would need to validate rgb and power, the lower right connector has already been verified.

Quoted from MGM2:

Thank you

#8897 2 years ago

The metal flashing on my left ramp is no longer flush on the playfield. The ball is getting airborne about 10% of the time and not getting up the ramp.

I’ve checked all bolts and screws and they’re tight. It seems the flashing has been bent somehow. See pic.

Is there a fix or do I need to replace the ramp? Thanks for your help!

AD3BFDA5-D7E7-4DCF-87AF-F1CDEDB2CEE2 (resized).jpegAD3BFDA5-D7E7-4DCF-87AF-F1CDEDB2CEE2 (resized).jpeg
#8898 2 years ago

Remove the ramp, or at least the screws holding it down. Lift up. Bend the metal flap back down. Reassemble.

LTG : )

#8899 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. I was afraid to do that without checking with you first!

#8900 2 years ago

Anyone know of anywhere with the RGB kits in stock? Yes…I Googled and all the normal hits are sold out… never hurts to ask…

Thanks in advance for any leads. Happy Holidays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.