3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 203.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I just watched the presentation CGC had at Southern Fried Gaming Expo on YouTube. They are making more MMr in early 2023

Thanks, looking forward to announcing my membership in early 2023

#8702 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks, looking forward to announcing my membership in early 2023

We also looking forward to it!

#8703 2 years ago

On the MMR comparison table for the SE it says back panel lighting. What is that, is it the back of playfield or the back box? Also I see in some earlier posts people who were adding upgrades were saying the RGB speakers & pops don’t work without changing wiring. Does the SE come with one or both of these installed? I’m planning on ordering a SE in hopefully 2023 . I can see when comparing it to a RE it doesn’t have the topper or shaker, so i’m ordering those. But have many people added mirror blades to their machines & what is there by default? Last question (sorry am excited) has anyone changed the legs, lockdown bar & trim to black, or are owners happy with the silver? Ideally I would want a RE but clearly no more are being made. Either way I don’t mind the last two questions, just wanted to hear opinions, thanks

#8704 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

people who were adding upgrades were saying the RGB speakers & pops don’t work without changing wiring. Does the SE come with one or both of these installed?

RGB speakers require a few wires being moved with the installation of the RGB kit. RGB kit doesn't include RGB lighting for pop bumpers.

SE doesn't come with RGB kit installed.

LTG : )

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

On the MMR comparison table for the SE it says back panel lighting. What is that, is it the back of playfield or the back box? Also I see in some earlier posts people who were adding upgrades were saying the RGB speakers & pops don’t work without changing wiring. Does the SE come with one or both of these installed? I’m planning on ordering a SE in hopefully 2023 . I can see when comparing it to a RE it doesn’t have the topper or shaker, so i’m ordering those. But have many people added mirror blades to their machines & what is there by default? Last question (sorry am excited) has anyone changed the legs, lockdown bar & trim to black, or are owners happy with the silver? Ideally I would want a RE but clearly no more are being made. Either way I don’t mind the last two questions, just wanted to hear opinions, thanks

I have the LE. I upgraded to the XL display, comes with lighted speakers. I also have the Topper but have not installed it yet.

The lighted speakers by themselves only glow 1 color. If you want them to change colors with the game you have to install the board that comes with the Topper or the RGB light kit.

I believe the reference to Back Panel lighting would be the back box. There are flashers on the back panel on the playfield but those are wired into the game. So really not sure what it means.

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have the LE. I upgraded to the XL display, comes with lighted speakers. I also have the Topper but have not installed it yet.
The lighted speakers by themselves only glow 1 color. If you want them to change colors with the game you have to install the board that comes with the Topper or the RGB light kit.
I believe the reference to Back Panel lighting would be the back box. There are flashers on the back panel on the playfield but those are wired into the game. So really not sure what it means.

Thought it was castle backlighting. Like led strip simulating lightning over pf? Anyone with a RE confirm this? I can’t open mine up to verify.

#8707 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thought it was castle backlighting. Like led strip simulating lightning over pf? Anyone with a RE confirm this? I can’t open mine up to verify.

It’s an RGB strip installed above the back of the PF, onto the trim piece that the back of the PF glass goes into.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

RGB speakers require a few wires being moved with the installation of the RGB kit. RGB kit doesn't include RGB lighting for pop bumpers.
SE doesn't come with RGB kit installed.

Thanks for clearing that up LTG. I did see the previous posts mentioning moving wires for the Rgb to work. I just was not sure if that was because people were upgrading from a CE or older model. Also when looking at the comparison table on https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness the photos show the speaker panels matching to the playfield colours in both the SE & RE. So it kind of looked like it does. So as you explain I would need to fit the RGB myself. Is the XL screen pre installed on a SE or are all the upgrades just bundled with the SE for a self install?

68A3CC4F-61B8-4A6C-8EF1-02BD9558DA00 (resized).png68A3CC4F-61B8-4A6C-8EF1-02BD9558DA00 (resized).png
#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

Is the XL screen pre installed on a SE

Yes.

#8710 2 years ago

Does any one know what goes in this hole? It has a t nut, but I have no idea what screws into it.

20210823_070043 (resized).jpg20210823_070043 (resized).jpg20210823_070126 (resized).jpg20210823_070126 (resized).jpg
#8711 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

Does any one know what goes in this hole? It has a t nut, but I have no idea what screws into it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Here ya go...

IMG_4185 (resized).jpgIMG_4185 (resized).jpg

#8712 2 years ago

Perfect. Thank you!

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Here ya go...
[quoted image]

#8713 2 years ago

Very excited to put my name on a list with a distributor for the 2023 run!!!

This is my grail machine. Can't wait!

#8714 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Well, waiting two years is the only thing you can do right now

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Well, waiting two years is the only thing you can do right now

True. I can wait. Especially since it'll probably take me that long to save up for it.

#8716 2 years ago

Posting this here because the MM thread is pretty dead

New member with an original 1997 Williams

Question/issue

Is the right ramp Gi supposed to be on all the time? It goes on when I make the shot a long with the flasher but doesn’t stay on otherwise. Also, the GI to the left of the Merlin hole isn’t working- are these related?

Thank you

#8717 2 years ago

These two gi not working, I guess the other two under the ramp only activate when you hit the ramp?

F10181D3-9566-47C3-B340-7DED7323295D (resized).jpegF10181D3-9566-47C3-B340-7DED7323295D (resized).jpeg
#8718 2 years ago

Did a PF swap and for the life of me cannot find where this single connector red/blue goes? On the right side Can anyone help me out? On the bottom right about where the ramp starts.

Thanks.

20210826_180510 (resized).jpg20210826_180510 (resized).jpg
#8719 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

for the life of me cannot find where this single connector red/blue goes?

No where.

#8720 2 years ago

Very excited to put my name on a list with a distributor for the 2023 run!!!

Did you really put your name on a list? If so,I'm gonna do the same.

#8721 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Did you really put your name on a list? If so,I'm gonna do the same.

I contacted 2 different distributors. Haven't heard from either of them. But most places have lists.

#8722 2 years ago

I contacted 2 different distributors. Haven't heard from either of them. But most places have lists.

Thank you.

#8723 2 years ago

Just joined the club with an MMr LE 684/1000 with a 2016 build date. According to the previous owner, the code has never been updated. If I were to update the code do I use the same software updates as the newest remakes?

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Just joined the club with an MMr LE 684/1000 with a 2016 build date. According to the previous owner, the code has never been updated. If I were to update the code do I use the same software updates as the newest remakes?

What only_pinball said. Follow directions on their site, it may be finicky but most people get it working.

#8726 2 years ago

The trolls have evidently been practicing their shot put. Nice catch, Dragon.

20210828_012352 (resized).jpg20210828_012352 (resized).jpg
#8727 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The trolls have evidently been practicing their shot put. Nice catch, Dragon.
[quoted image]

Nice catch! They make a little plastic that goes over the dragon for that rare occasion. I have an extra one if you’d like me to mail it to you. No charge.

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

They make a little plastic that goes over the dragon for that rare occasion. I have an extra one if you’d like me to mail it to you. No charge.

From the Internet Pinball Data Base.

IPDB (resized).jpgIPDB (resized).jpg
#8729 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

It's hard to see with that picture angle but the plastic rests on a black spacer below it, just saying if he plans to install one.

#8730 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice catch! They make a little plastic that goes over the dragon for that rare occasion. I have an extra one if you’d like me to mail it to you. No charge.

What is better than free pinball? Free pinball parts! I'll PM. Thank you!

Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

I guess my trolls aren't as talented as I thought. Thanks, Lloyd.

#8731 2 years ago

On the waiting list for a MMR SE. While I wait 2 years (wishing time to speed up) I thought i’d collect some upgrades. So far managed to get a Topper, shaker motor, & missing middle plastic piece.

I can see in the instructions for the topper it says version 2 machines have the holes pre drilled. Does that mean all future machines will have this (I would love to not have to drill holes myself). Also on the circuit board I can see two fuses are missing, does anyone know what fuses it takes?

Have many people upgraded the trim/armour or added mirror blades?

2284D80B-7A71-4014-BA9B-5D60F7895EF4 (resized).jpeg2284D80B-7A71-4014-BA9B-5D60F7895EF4 (resized).jpeg3C4D1BC6-3EAA-4CCC-AEC9-D351610841AE (resized).jpeg3C4D1BC6-3EAA-4CCC-AEC9-D351610841AE (resized).jpegDD708B23-3A62-4C1B-89D9-D0D1BF1C5263 (resized).jpegDD708B23-3A62-4C1B-89D9-D0D1BF1C5263 (resized).jpegF2738B9B-9859-403A-A4E8-46772B4276C1 (resized).jpegF2738B9B-9859-403A-A4E8-46772B4276C1 (resized).jpeg
#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

On the waiting list for a MMR SE. While I wait 2 years (wishing time to speed up) I thought i’d collect some upgrades. So far managed to get a Topper, shaker motor, & missing middle plastic piece.
I can see in the instructions for the topper it says version 2 machines have the holes pre drilled. Does that mean all future machines will have this (I would love to not have to drill holes myself). Also on the circuit board I can see two fuses are missing, does anyone know what fuses it takes?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine doesn’t have fuses in all locations and works fine.

#8733 2 years ago

Following!

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The MMR made in 2019 and later already have the holes in the top of the backbox. I added powerblades to my machine. I love how they look!

#8735 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

The MMR made in 2019 and later already have the holes in the top of the backbox. I added powerblades to my machine. I love how they look!

Thanks, that’s good to know. I enjoy Diy but drilling holes into a 10k plus machine makes me nervous!

I just looked up your blades, they look awesome. I like the fact that they have their own light show & custom art. I think i’ll leave my hopefully future MMR SE factory to start with. Then might change a few bits to make it closer to a RE.

#8736 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Mine doesn’t have fuses in all locations and works fine.

There’s two empty fuse holders, are yours like this pic?

7A4CF0CE-4476-464C-93E6-D2F4CECD83B2 (resized).png7A4CF0CE-4476-464C-93E6-D2F4CECD83B2 (resized).png
#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

There’s two empty fuse holders, are yours like this pic?
[quoted image]

Yes,

I actually have two boards and both are the same. I ordered the topper, XL display and rgb light kit all at the same time and a board came with the RGB kit and the topper. Both had no fuses.

I watched the install video that pinball supernova put up and his board also has no fuses. So you are good to go.

#8738 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Yes,
I actually have two boards and both are the same. I ordered the topper, XL display and rgb light kit all at the same time and a board came with the RGB kit and the topper. Both had no fuses.
I watched the install video that pinball supernova put up and his board also has no fuses. So you are good to go.

Ok cool thanks for letting me know . I’ll watch the video too

#8739 2 years ago

Latest problem for the new guy in the club…

I seem to be having trouble with the damsel tower. The diverter seems to work properly. My problem is when I get the ball in the tower it is not being recognized. It just sits there. Even ball search doesn’t bring it out. It does work every now and again but for the most part it isn’t being recognized.

Thoughts?

D46FF7B4-972F-45DD-B083-460C5CD8CCDE (resized).jpegD46FF7B4-972F-45DD-B083-460C5CD8CCDE (resized).jpeg
#8740 2 years ago

Adjust the switch in the bottom of the tower.

Remove tower, check switch in Tests - Switch edge.

Likely needs adjusting.

#8741 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

My problem is when I get the ball in the tower it is not being recognized. It just sits there.

I fixed one where the tower had excess plastic inside that the ball hung up on. Trimmed the plastic with an xacto knife and that fixed it. It's been a while, but it seems like I could reach a finger in from the top and feel the ball. Got hung up before it even got to the switch. You could also feel the excess plastic 'ledge' once the ball was pushed through.

#8742 2 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I fixed one where the tower had excess plastic inside that the ball hung up on. Trimmed the plastic with an xacto knife and that fixed it. It's been a while, but it seems like I could reach a finger in from the top and feel the ball. Got hung up before it even got to the switch. You could also feel the excess plastic 'ledge' once the ball was pushed through.

Had this exact same issue (and fix). Ball was not dropping all the way down.

#8743 2 years ago

Anyone know what these white tabs that hold the plastics are called and where to buy them?

2457C352-D873-4421-8B6E-CD61C4C8DFFC (resized).jpeg2457C352-D873-4421-8B6E-CD61C4C8DFFC (resized).jpeg
#8744 2 years ago

I F-ing Love my MMr... The quality of the machine is superior to Stern and JJP. It's such a pleasure to play. That is all. Carry on.

#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone know what these white tabs that hold the plastics are called and where to buy them?[quoted image]

Standoffs /spacers
Look here
https://www.pinballlife.com/spacersstandoffs.html

#8746 2 years ago

I know by default cabs are set up as free play. But is it easy to enable coins? Is it just a case of clipping in a mech , plug in lead & enable coins in the menu?

#8747 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

Is it just a case of clipping in a mech ,

Yes.

Quoted from W25ARE:

enable coins in the menu?

In Adjustments Menu - A.3 Pricing- take off free play and set price.

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

In Adjustments Menu - A.3 Pricing- take off free play and set price.

Thanks for the quick response LTG . That’s good to know, it’s plug & play. I was worried it would need wires spliced in etc. I’m based in the UK so need a £1 coin mech. Do you have any recommendations for one, or is it a case of order through my distributor?

#8749 2 years ago

Also on the waiting list. I already have one actually (with all upgrades to royal edition) but it is on route - want one brand new one also, this game is too good, need one at home!

#8750 2 years ago

Does the back glass have any flashing lights during gameplay? I keep hearing it’s only on the RE but the review on this site seems to say yes.

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/medievalmadness/index.html

45ABB4ED-E4E6-417D-AF3B-EC22AF3C7E3B (resized).png45ABB4ED-E4E6-417D-AF3B-EC22AF3C7E3B (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 210.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.