IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 204.
#8601 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

How hard was it to install the Mantis assembly? and can you report if that fixed the ball from bouncing out of the Merlin hole entirely or around what percentage.. Also are you using any pads to soften the hit or just straight metal from the Mantis piece..

Thanks in advance for this info.

I actually only have second hand knowledge on this from reading pinside and RGP and people having great success with this part. I have been meaning to do this for a while. Just kept forgetting. Seeing this come up again reminded me to order the part and I did just that.

I will update here when I get it installed.

Stay tuned!

#8602 2 years ago

Question... Are the MMRR toppers all sold out? Any retailers have any left for sale?

#8603 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

How hard was it to install the Mantis assembly? and can you report if that fixed the ball from bouncing out of the Merlin hole entirely or around what percentage.. Also are you using any pads to soften the hit or just straight metal from the Mantis piece..
Thanks in advance for this info.

I installed one on my Metallica Premium,and it was very easy. Not sure if this helps you or not?

#8604 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Question... Are the MMRR toppers all sold out? Any retailers have any left for sale?

Check with KingPinGames he has all 3 kits. Someone asked about buying just the RGB, so he might have one to sell.

LTG : )

#8605 2 years ago

May be listing my MMRRE soon if anyone is interested.

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Hey all,
Question for help please. I purchased a 3D MM translite and it won't fit the WPC95 channel for the MMRLE I have. I have searched and cannot find the specific channel people ended up using to get this to work. I also reached out to a fellow pinsider and they could not remember the specific place they got it from but they did state it worked. It appears the dimensions need to be 1/4 channel versus 3/16. This would be 1/8 glass, 1/16 translite and 1/16 light box. I did a search from the "usual vendors" and could not find a 1/4 width channel. Can anyone lead me to the appropriate channel trim that would work? Thank you so much!
Dave

Ok I figured this out. And dang it was a pain. For anyone who has a 3D translite and you are having trouble getting the glass, 3D translite and light box in the channels (because it equates to 1/4" vs 3/16" channel, what I ended up doing was buying 1/4 round (must be round) wood dowels and working them in the channel. Then I took a heat gun and reset the design so that it was a bit larger than the stock 3/16". I may take a few times to get it right but in the end I was able to get the channels all on a back in. It was a tight fit back in the head too.

Well hope this helps anyone else that gets to enjoy this frustration. And, I do like the translite - it adds a bit of difference to the pin.

Dave

#8607 2 years ago

Whats everyone doing to prevent wear around the flipper buttons?

#8608 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/162#post-6068655
That is what I was thinking of

#8609 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I like the rounded protectors from Marco. They are a little thicker and larger. They cost more, $8 a pair. Pinball Life has the smaller rectangular ones for $3 or so. I’ve used those too. Either will protect that area from kid fingers or dirt. Whenever I buy a game that isn’t new, I change the flipper buttons too. Lots of colors to pick from or you can choose clear and put LEDs behind them. I use needle nose pliers to grab and turn the flipper button pal-nut holding them on. Pretty easy to change them. Have fun!

40EB620F-E611-4BB1-B179-D1056E00BDA4 (resized).png40EB620F-E611-4BB1-B179-D1056E00BDA4 (resized).png
#8610 2 years ago

MM will always be the best pinball machine IMO. I remember when it was like owning or driving a Ferrari if you played/owned one (back in the day).

And congrats to those that own Royale's, lucky SOB's for sure!!

#8611 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with KingPinGames he has all 3 kits. Someone asked about buying just the RGB, so he might have one to sell.

He had one, SOLD 10 minutes before I called! Grrrrrr

#8612 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

He had one, SOLD 10 minutes before I called! Grrrrrr

I know they sell individual rgb led modules on the planetary pinball site if you really wanted to get into it you could make a harness - you just need one of the boards that comes with the rgb kit / topper or xl display to connect them to. I’m sure a bunch of people that bought the kits one at a time have the extra boards to sell.

These are the lights they use:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LEDRGB&Category_Code=GS-9991

And these are the style connectors:

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/5354879/

#8613 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I know they sell individual rgb led modules on the planetary pinball site if you really wanted

Umm............. He's looking for the topper.

#8614 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Umm............. He's looking for the topper.

Oh…. Ooops - When I saw Kingpin games mentioned I thought it was the guy who was looking for the RGB kit last week.

#8615 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I know they sell individual rgb led modules on the planetary pinball site if you really wanted to get into it you could make a harness - you just need one of the boards that comes with the rgb kit / topper or xl display to connect them to. I’m sure a bunch of people that bought the kits one at a time have the extra boards to sell.
These are the lights they use:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LEDRGB&Category_Code=GS-9991
And these are the style connectors:
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/5354879/

I appreciate your thorough response however. LOL

#8616 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I only use the protectors by Titan Pinball
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=138
they are great and nearly invisible

#8617 2 years ago

Hello everyone, as a new owner of MMR-LE one of the small things that I dislike about the machine is the dreaded Merlin Saucer that often doesn't hold the ball and exits to the bumper side.

I researched this form and a few other google searches and found many potential fixes for this problem. I wanted to share with you my findings in hopes it can help someone else fix this issue for them as well.

Here is what didn't work -
I wanted to discuss it now incase you found this information also - I stumbled across a post (pictured below) where it states that if you move the guiding top wall post of this shot, a bit to the left it will ensure the ball strikes the C shaped stopper more dead center of the Merlin hole preventing the issue from happening. The problem with this method is that, as I tried this method; I found these instructions don't work for the MMR machines. Only for the older machines as the screws points and posts are different, in particular there is a plastic piece that needs to go on 2 posts (I drew them in red in a picture below) If you move to top wall post to the left, it won't align the holes for this plastic piece to be able to be put back on. As it was before I even attempted to move it, it was hard slotting this into the existing stock position screw posts. Moving this post is just not possible so I had to abandon this idea.

Analyzing the situation -
I took a slow-mo video of the ball missing the hole; there was no way I can start coming up with a fix until I saw the problem first hand.

A video of that slow mo-fail is here:

Here is another video where it worked but still highlights the problem:

As you can see in the video the ball seems to toilet bowl around the hole after hitting the C plate, hit the left side of the saucer and want to pop out the right side, similarly to how this happens in basketball.

Please keep in mind that in these videos I already installed some deadening rubber in hopes of slowing down the impact and bounce. Looking at this video It got me thinking that the only solution is to slow down the ball more but more importantly push down the ball into the hole.

I am adding a few pictures of the Deadening I installed with the 3M Sticky stuff, so you can see the material and how I attached it to the C striker plate; this helps but in my opinion only helped about 10% of the shots.

The other 85% of the solution, adding some more padding and ensuring the proper angle that this pad is attached correctly pushes the ball down into the hole and slowing the ball down even more to avoid a violent bounce off the wood.
In the end I ordered this padding part, I'm sure you can find it somewhere else but this is where I bought that worked.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5078-00

You can see it installed in the closeup picture below. Now when I hit my shots, 95% of the time they will go in. The only time it doesn't if it wasn't truly a clean shot. I'm perfectly fine with this anomaly, I know nothing is ever perfect but this is the best it's ever been and I'm happy with the result.

Bonus Pic: My wife thought it was funny that as I removed screws, I drew a map of where exactly they go. This ensure I didn't ever make a mistake and I recommend anyone doing Pinball work to employ a similar tactic. It's easier on a magnetic marker safe surface, if you find one let me know I lost my old one; so this paper and tape will do for now.

Hope this helps someone out, in my opinion buy the pad and put it at the same almost 45% angle I have in my picture. I measured where the ball would hit and made sure it was slightly above to push down into the ball, kind of like a giant pushing the head down of his smaller mortals. This will fix it for most people, the deadening material just helps slow it down more but doesn't make that much of a difference, the pad at an angle is key.

Good luck everyone, sorry for the long but detailed post; I'm kind of new to the Pinball world and just want to contribute my part as you all have done for many years of this shared passion/hobby we all love.

3m Adhesive to make it stick (resized).jpg3m Adhesive to make it stick (resized).jpgCan't move left (resized).jpgCan't move left (resized).jpgDeadening material (resized).jpgDeadening material (resized).jpgMerlin Fix (resized).pngMerlin Fix (resized).pngPadding (resized).jpgPadding (resized).jpgScrew Map (resized).jpgScrew Map (resized).jpg
#8618 2 years ago

Love the slow motion sounds. Like a dungeon would sound

#8619 2 years ago

hi all,does anyone make a speaker panel decal at all? thank you

#8620 2 years ago

Question, I've noticed sometimes the Peasent Ramp doesn't register my shots to it. Not often but it has happened. Where is the solenoid that registers a successful pass. Is it the thing behind the castle and if so should I bend it a bit to catch better?

#8621 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Question, I've noticed sometimes the Peasent Ramp doesn't register my shots to it. Not often but it has happened. Where is the solenoid that registers a successful pass. Is it the thing behind the castle and if so should I bend it a bit to catch better?

You sure you don't have a switch that needs adjusting ?

#8622 2 years ago

Is it me, or are the playfields used by CGC superior to some other newly released pins? My AFMr built in 2020 feels like glass, and my MMr built in 2017 still looks and feels almost new. My MM has about 1200 plays and not a bit of visible wear in the shooter lane or anywhere. I’ve had other brands this year, that with 100 plays the shooter lane showed wear, even with the trough power reduced way down. I’m very impressed with CGC build quality!

#8623 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

the playfields used by CGC

They make their own playfields. And cabinets.

#8624 2 years ago

Having a major issue with my MMR. First, important to know, I've moved recently. So, pin was moved from my basement, onto a moving truck, transported about 2000 KM's, offloaded into long term storage for 7 weeks, loaded back onto a truck, offloaded, and moved into my house. So, yes, that's lots of bouncing around!

Having said this, once I had an opportunity to play a game, I turned it on, booted absolutely no problem. Played ball one and two, got to ball three, mid way through, it just went completely dead.

Fuses at F1, F2, F3, F4 checkout fine. Fuses on the solenoid boards are all good (LED's are lit up on those boards). I'm not sure if there are LEDs on the PCB, but nothing lit there, nor any of the other boards. My repair skills are novice at the best, so I don't have a clue where to begin. Any assistance sure would be appreciated. I had to downsize my collection and this is one of two I kept............HELP! LOL

#8625 2 years ago

The metal box over the on/off switch area has a PCB wiith fuses, check the LEDs there.

Outlet good ? Power cord shoved into rear of the machine tight ? Try plugging something into service outlet, see if you have power that far. Then check connectors in rear of game around the transformer.

#8626 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The metal box over the on/off switch area has a PCB wiith fuses, check the LEDs there.
Outlet good ? Power cord shoved into rear of the machine tight ? Try plugging something into service outlet, see if you have power that far. Then check connectors in rear of game around the transformer.

Not quite sure what you're talking about with the metal box. If you mean the little things you twist out, and there's fuses there, I have checked those and those are fine too. But I don't see any LED's. Unless you're talking the mesh covered one. I apologize but not clear on what you're saying. I've double check the powercord, it's fine. The power bar I have it plugged into is fine as well as I have my other pin plugged into it. And now for the grand finale....the service outlet. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't look like an ordinary service outlet to me....not something I can plug into anyway. I also checked the connectors around the transformer, all seems to be in order. Pics attached for clarification.

Pic 1 F1 (resized).jpgPic 1 F1 (resized).jpgPic 2 (resized).jpgPic 2 (resized).jpg

#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Not quite sure what you're talking about with the metal box.

That is it.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

But I don't see any LED's.

The two greens ones that are lit, your fuses are fine. You have power that far.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

And now for the grand finale....the service outlet. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't look like an ordinary service outlet to me....not something I can plug into anyway.

You need a computer cord. Like this - https://www.microcenter.com/product/290727/micro-connectors-iec-60320-c14-male-to-nema-5-15r-female-monitor-power-adapter-1-ft-black

#8628 2 years ago

To clarify, All the lights on the playfield are dead? What about your display and backbox? You are getting power from the outlet with the LED's on your boards working.

I would start looking for connections under the playfield and in the cabinet that may have come loose. Give everything a good looking over.

#8629 2 years ago

I just moved my machine and now for some reason when I turn it on the white led under the dragon is on prior to full boot up, while all the other lights are off like normal until after boot up. Has anyone seen this before?

I also now all of a sudden am having problems with my castle gate not opening on that final hit. Unsure if it’s related but seems to fix itself when I let it do a full ball search (which I read about in other posts) although was never an issue before and now I’ve had to do it a few times in the last week.

780F58E2-B784-47F1-8BED-7E90204B2C8F (resized).jpeg780F58E2-B784-47F1-8BED-7E90204B2C8F (resized).jpeg
#8630 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

I just moved my machine and now for some reason

Turn it off. Lift playfield. Anything loose, out of place, shorting to metal ?

Something happened in the move.

#8631 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn it off. Lift playfield. Anything loose, out of place, shorting to metal ?
Something happened in the move.

Yeah. I’ve been looking it over closely but didn’t realize a short could cause this. Thx for the tip I’ll have to look even closer.

#8632 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sure you don't have a switch that needs adjusting ?

I took your advice, took the glass and played with the switches to see what activates a successful pass on the Peasant ramp. It was indeed the switch (I called it a solenoid) on the ramp behind the castle. I noticed it triggers when it raises high enough by contact with the ball. If the ball had enough speed the momentum would allow it to trigger. I simply bent the metal strip that touches the ball in a way that it's lower so that when the ball touches it, it won't need to be raised as high to trigger. It now works perfectly. Now all that's left is the I in the FIRE LANE I noticed is sometimes not triggering. I'll have to adjust that now. Thanks for your suggestion and advice.

#8633 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

To clarify, All the lights on the playfield are dead? What about your display and backbox? You are getting power from the outlet with the LED's on your boards working.
I would start looking for connections under the playfield and in the cabinet that may have come loose. Give everything a good looking over.

Everything is dead with the exception of the few LED's on the boards that are lit. I've got nothing on the display or in the backbox. I've checked all the connectors, everything seems to be well connected. But I will have to look again obviously. Will report back.

#8634 2 years ago

When you power it up, are there any chimes from the speakers? Is the game booting up just no lights. Does anything happen when you press the diagnostic buttons?

#8635 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

When you power it up, are there any chimes from the speakers? Is the game booting up just no lights. Does anything happen when you press the diagnostic buttons?

Absolutely nothing happens, other than the LED's lighting up on the previously mentioned boards. Just the F1 -F4 board, and oddly enough the solenoid boards. That is the only thing that occurs.

#8636 2 years ago

Selling my MMRRE as we're likely moving within the year (sold 9/10 machines so far - MMRRE is the final pin). Empty nest now with kids all off to college, we have too much house for just my wife and I! Anyhow 38 plays in pristine HUO condition, send me a PM if interested (not sure if "for sale" posts are welcome in owners thread - apologies if this is discouraged).

IMG_1277 (resized).jpgIMG_1277 (resized).jpg
#8637 2 years ago

Sorry about losing all your games. Can you take the MMR to the new home. Sad that all of them are gone

#8638 2 years ago

We clocked up 38 plays the first weekend i got mine, 2 months ago. Awesome game to own.

#8639 2 years ago

Just bought a topper from a guy who upgraded to the Royal Edition version, not sure who makes these but I think it looks pretty good.

#8640 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Absolutely nothing happens, other than the LED's lighting up on the previously mentioned boards. Just the F1 -F4 board, and oddly enough the solenoid boards. That is the only thing that occurs.

Got it sorted out. It must have been a loose connector. Absolutley nothing looked out of place, so I just pushed all connectors to make sure they were on nice and snug, turned on the pin, works like a charm. Thanks to those who provided suggestions and guidance, much appreciated!

#8641 2 years ago

Quick question. (Please help)
I’ve got an MMR (gold) and I want to install the color chip. I just recently got the color chip, but I’ve never upgraded the code since I received the machine when it 1st came out (low100’s w/gold trim). I did re-adjust the sling mechs from hitting the playfield wood.
Do I need to update the code b/f I install the color chip and where do I get that code update? Thanks in advance for any help or links.

#8642 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question. (Please help)
I’ve got an MMR (gold) and I want to install the color chip. I just recently got the color chip, but I’ve never upgraded the code since I received the machine when it 1st came out (low100’s w/gold trim). I did re-adjust the sling mechs from hitting the playfield wood.
Do I need to update the code b/f I install the color chip and where do I get that code update? Thanks in advance for any help or links.

No need to update firmware unless you plan on adding one of the Royal upgrades.

#8643 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

No need to update firmware unless you plan on adding one of the Royal upgrades.

There was one update before the Royal, I remember doing, but don’t recall what was included.

However the color chip should just be a plug n play swap with the stock, under the playfield

#8644 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There was one update before the Royal, I remember doing, but don’t recall what was included.
However the color chip should just be a plug n play swap with the stock, under the playfield

I believe that update was to support the newer beaglebone boards.

#8645 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I believe that update was to support the newer beaglebone boards.

To support the bigger display.

#8646 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

To support the bigger display.

Wasn’t there a quick code update regarding flipper strength, screen tearing, audio cracking, or something minor like clock stuff in the beginning of the role out before the color update for the small screen? Does anyone remember?

#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wasn’t there a quick code update regarding flipper strength, screen tearing, audio cracking, or something minor like clock stuff in the beginning of the role out before the color update for the small screen? Does anyone remember?

You might be thinking of AFMR.

#8648 2 years ago

Here are the updates...There were a few small ones prior. Honestly it is just worth going to 3.0.0 so it is. all up to date with OS etc updates and if you do any mods.

V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.

V2.0.1 RELEASE NOTES

1) Next generation graphics engine to support full color display upgrade and address previous screen tearing issue.
2) Addition of Castle Multiball jackpot voice call.
3) Modifications to real time clock.
4) Addition of adjustment for controlled playfield LEDs.
5) Addition of adjustment for trough coil strength.
6) Resolution of audio crackling issue.
V2.0.2 RELEASE NOTES

1) Fixed bug in OS causing date and time to reset.

V2.0.2a RELEASE NOTES

1) Updated installer to be compatible with new generation Beagle Boards.

#8649 2 years ago

Didn’t they also add cabinet speaker level control in v3.0.0?

#8650 2 years ago

Hi!

I added a blue trim to my MMR. It is the strangest blue - it seems to change its color depending on which direction you are looking at it. It may look dark blue, light blue, or sometimes even a bit green!

IMG_0962 (resized).jpgIMG_0962 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/173?hl=paulatron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.